Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:29:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: litecoin dead ?  (Read 49301 times)
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:47:14 PM

Litecoin is about to go past the $100 mln. market cap milestone this week on its way to $1 bln. that's one lively puppy, keep it up, puppy! Smiley

$1 billion?

Maybe when a tomato can is selling for like $500.  Notice Litecoin keeps going lower and lower against Bitcoin which is what counts given the dollar is in its death throws.

Litecoin is about to add another decimal just like I said last week, when we were at .015000, when everyone was screaming about the huge comeback.

Bhahahahhahaaaa.
I don't see any real reason for litecoin to have a market cap of 1 billion.

Idk, the market cap of btc is either grossly inflated or ltc is undervalued
http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/marketcap-btc-ltc.html

Seriously?  Lol, do you know how funny that sounds?

It's like saying.  I don't know, the chart of Bitcoin is way over inflated or the price of tacos at taco time are way undervalued.

For what does Litecoin have to do with Bitcoin? 

NOTHING.

2 separate entities - totally unrelated. 

It's like they're both not two cryptocurrencies with supply based on a lottery system and a geometric series

Oh wait

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:37:07 PM

lol, LTC have may things in common with BTC.

But i cant wait for criptsy to anounce USD markets for ALTS

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:39:46 PM

You looking at the same chart as me? Prior to the April hype bubble for LTC it generally had a money supply worth 1/200th to 1/300th of Bitcoin.  Today it is 1/40th.

Nice link though. 
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:44:53 PM

You looking at the same chart as me? Prior to the April hype bubble for LTC it generally had a money supply worth 1/200th to 1/300th of Bitcoin.  Today it is 1/40th.

Nice link though. 

I was on my phone so it was difficult to see in detail, but yeah, I'd say things are improving for LTC now that I have a good look.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:46:35 PM

Nice link though. 

that is true but unbelivable. Eveyone thinks that we loose by keeping LTC when his price drops in BTCs. But we profited in price in USDs

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

Number of BTC decimal places can be increased or reduced down to zero if neccessary. If BTC rises to value you mentioned, Bitcoin would
stand for a payment network, a protocol and one of currency units used, worth 100.000 USD. Just like most people today don't have million
of dollars but use cents, the same way they would not have 1 BTC but would use Satoshis or some other currency unit.

I don't think this will be as great a concern moving forward as altcoins begin competing with Bitcoin. Consumers will inevitably find out about and begin using these attractive altcoins in turn taking away from Bitcoin's massive marketshare.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:16:27 AM

Goldcoin has a fantastic asset: its name  Cool

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 07:51:36 AM

That's true, but it's too bad that it keeps getting killed by the Bitcoin effect.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
AZIZ1977

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:03:23 AM

That's true, but it's too bad that it keeps getting killed by the Bitcoin effect.

This effect is only temporary. Wink
Enira

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:15:24 AM

Goldcoin has a fantastic asset: its name  Cool
And that's about the only thing.  Grin

Wish I didn't invest in 2.5 LTC when they where 0.014 each but then again, I don't think there is enough room at the moment for coins to explode like Bitcoin does. There aren't enough places to spend your coins.

I don't think this will be as great a concern moving forward as altcoins begin competing with Bitcoin. Consumers will inevitably find out about and begin using these attractive altcoins in turn taking away from Bitcoin's massive marketshare.
As a merchant I'd be scared to take all these alt-coins. Knowing a lot of them are shit.
AZIZ1977

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:28:08 AM

Goldcoin has a fantastic asset: its name  Cool
And that's about the only thing.  Grin

Wish I didn't invest in 2.5 LTC when they where 0.014 each but then again, I don't think there is enough room at the moment for coins to explode like Bitcoin does. There aren't enough places to spend your coins.

As a merchant I'd be scared to take all these alt-coins. Knowing a lot of them are shit.

I agree at this moment there just to many alts but i think opportunities will come for some alts due to the rise of Bitcoin. Money will eventually flow back into the alts.

El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:17:22 AM

lol Litecoin dead , this is the most misleading title in the waste land called the Alternate cryptocurrencies.

I took this from a user CobraXP in the litecoin forums , original post here https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,6654.0.html

"Hello everyone. Feel more then free to agree or disagree with this post. I take criticism very well. Feel more than free to call me crazy, loco or insane but I am going to give you the most important keys to the $10+ mark.

1. Litecoin have the best community  Smiley
2. Merchant/acceptance services are right around the corner (watch)
3. Everyone is looking for the next Bitcoin they can get rich off of (not as easy as newbies may think)

OK... here is where it gets a little crazy....  Shocked

4. Charlie and Bobby Lee - If you have ever created or worked on something extremely hard you take pride in it. If your brother did something special then you take exceptional pride in it. Charlie has created a great product and has a great dev team to handle it. Bobby has a horse in this game too. They want Litecoin to be the silver to the gold. BTC China and Coinbase will carry LTC soon.

5. Good Ole Mt Gox - Mt Gox was the king in the beginning of the crypto currency but has lost steam  in the last few months. Mt Gox can make a splash by adding a new customer base and more revenue by adding the up and coming coin. They might even eventually follow the BTC-E business plan.

6. See 4 and 5 - Once Mt Gox goes with Litecoin many other exchanges and merchant services will follow..... Like BTC China and  Coinbase?Huh? Hmmmmmm............

7. The Dev Team - I see the devs are working with the BTC guys which is perfect. Both sides can help each other and grow together. While other coins trip and fail the devs will help both camps. Bitcoin and Litecoin go hand in hand.

8. China - China is ahead of the curve on many things at this time. By the government pushing to educate the public on Bitcoin it will draw interest on Litecoin.

9. Mining - If you did your mining for Bitcoin then you know the gpu mining is dead. Most gpu miners came to Litecoin and want Litecoin to have similar success.

10. Everyone Loves the Underdog - True story! Plus it's easy to mine, its cheap to buy and the "L" on a silver coin looks so freakin cool!

As for me... I am sticking with my beliefs on this and will do my best to educate others on Bitcoin and Litecoin. Good luck to all and let us see how right or wrong I am on this  Wink
 [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc]

If you think I am crazy and Litecoin will not be worth anything then feel free to send me LTC for no other special cause than to buy myself some beer  Tongue."

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:55:55 AM

3. Everyone is looking for the next Bitcoin they can get rich off of (not as easy as newbies may think)

9. Mining - If you did your mining for Bitcoin then you know the gpu mining is dead. Most gpu miners came to Litecoin and want Litecoin to have similar success.
I agree completely but I don't consider these as positives, quite the contrary. Moreover, wishes aren't enough.

wishes aren't enough but your brother runs the biggest exchange is

. Charlie and Bobby Lee - If you have ever created or worked on something extremely hard you take pride in it. If your brother did something special then you take exceptional pride in it. Charlie has created a great product and has a great dev team to handle it. Bobby has a horse in this game too. They want Litecoin to be the silver to the gold. BTC China and Coinbase will carry LTC soon.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:49:35 PM

4. Charlie and Bobby Lee - If you have ever created or worked on something extremely hard you take pride in it. If your brother did something special then you take exceptional pride in it. Charlie has created a great product and has a great dev team to handle it. Bobby has a horse in this game too. They want Litecoin to be the silver to the gold. BTC China and Coinbase will carry LTC soon.
5. Good Ole Mt Gox - Mt Gox was the king in the beginning of the crypto currency but has lost steam  in the last few months. Mt Gox can make a splash by adding a new customer base and more revenue by adding the up and coming coin. They might even eventually follow the BTC-E business plan.
6. See 4 and 5 - Once Mt Gox goes with Litecoin many other exchanges and merchant services will follow..... Like BTC China and  Coinbase?Huh? Hmmmmmm............
7. The Dev Team - I see the devs are working with the BTC guys which is perfect. Both sides can help each other and grow together. While other coins trip and fail the devs will help both camps. Bitcoin and Litecoin go hand in hand.
8. China - China is ahead of the curve on many things at this time. By the government pushing to educate the public on Bitcoin it will draw interest on Litecoin.
10. Everyone Loves the Underdog - True story! Plus it's easy to mine, its cheap to buy and the "L" on a silver coin looks so freakin cool!
1. Incorrect.
2. No.
3. They aren't looking at LTC.
4. They are irrelevant.
5. Mt Gox will most likely shut down before adding LTC.
6. If they do that, they're making a mistake.
7. Relevance?
8. Pushing the public to eat fruit will make them eat more vegetables?
9. LTC isn't the most profitable coin.
10. "cool"? It's your personal opinion.

Need more?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:01:44 PM

1. Incorrect.
2. No.
3. They aren't looking at LTC.
4. They are irrelevant.
5. Mt Gox will most likely shut down before adding LTC.
6. If they do that, they're making a mistake.
7. Relevance?
8. Pushing the public to eat fruit will make them eat more vegetables?
9. LTC isn't the most profitable coin.
10. "cool"? It's your personal opinion.

Need more?

@LaudaM i am guessing that you are a female or a little girl but this is irrelevant  let me answer your answers.

1. says you
2. says you
3. says you
4. says you
5. says you
6. says you
7. says you
8. says you
9. says you
10. yes I think LTC is cool and (says me)

it is not like I agree with everything because half of what have been said there doesn't make sense , but from now and on lets turn it personal because "this how you like it". LTC is the coin after BTC in all matters Wink
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

The general public would love the name 'Goldcoin'. They are the big prize in this game. Remember VHS/Betamax and 3dfx(16 bit)/Nvidia(32 bit). Perception matters.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 07:00:23 PM

is not like I agree with everything because half of what have been said there doesn't make sense , but from now and on lets turn it personal because "this how you like it". LTC is the coin after BTC in all matters Wink
Not even 1 point was written from my own view. I've been objective and asked around before destroying those useless point.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:05:58 PM

The general public would love the name 'Goldcoin'. They are the big prize in this game. Remember VHS/Betamax and 3dfx(16 bit)/Nvidia(32 bit). Perception matters.

VHS versus betamax is a terrible example.  The loss of sony to win that format war had everything to do with poor market research and licensing decisions.

Code:
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:06:51 PM

is not like I agree with everything because half of what have been said there doesn't make sense , but from now and on lets turn it personal because "this how you like it". LTC is the coin after BTC in all matters Wink
I've been objective

Stahp

Code:
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 07:44:56 PM

Stahp

I'd like to see someone who isn't a ltc supporter, say something good about it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: