Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:31:16 PM

hey Searing so you paid the initial 30% by Amex but it was via Paypal, so you didn't bother with Paypal because it was already pat 60 days so you went straight to Amex

is that correct?

yep ..amex did not care...paypal did not matter....no sh*t told them this and said jan 2013 and did not get an item by accident and she said she would have to step away to go that far back....(not sure where that woulda gone can they go back that far?) corrected to jan 2014...but man maybe they can go back that far? anyway

again with only getting 217 usd back out of 667 back from my 30% down on my vyper 50mh...using the alpha rules

figured wtf do I have to lose?

also I'm a legal usa miner (don't ask due to bank screwups had to file or woulda been in trouble..lucky i did so all is good)

but have to pay taxes on any coin i make mining...but can take off depreciation on equip (50% 1st year currently to stimulate economy)

assuming i can write off equip as per IRS current rules (sure to change for asic miners) wrote off my bfl loss of 8.5k last year (now got a refund that is income this year ouch) so know this works

I can depreciate about $225 out of the whole 667 loss if I remember right in 'real dollars' otherwise paid to IRS should I lose the 667 complete may take a couple  years of tax loss on equip not delivered...so always that route round about thou it may be

so no real risk just going straight to amex (that and the fact i'm kinda p/o'd) whatever odd miner in usa that i am it is doable

on the other hand if alpha just wanted the 70 british pounds penalty i would have paid that ($120 bucks) that would be fair
for me getting out this late..but $450 gone out of $667 naw....I'd rather lose it all with an amex dispute and get the $$$ back
thru 'real' tax equip loss taxes otherwise to IRS in the next few years as an equip loss then take their 217 usd deal

we will see...the amex lady basically agreed w/o updates/the TOS/the timeline of july 15th with little info no prototype etc
had her following me around to the alpha pages etc

anyway i'll let  you know...they are just.too greedy on stuff i never got
..again the 70 pounds is reasonable penalty...guilt for wasting their time would
let me pay that ...but man ...no paypal anymore ...no credit card option yet?Huh their main PHONE OUT due to technical difficulties (maybe that is fixed now?)...who knows they say squat.

so boys i''m doing the below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk

"run away run away" Smiley

(heh side note I know some ww II vets who have medals...they basically say they had a medal cause it was a fubar..and the above running away was not an option...all their stories start with 'tactical retreats' on how they got their medals when that did not or could not work well heh)
Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucaing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:53:25 PM

hey Searing so you paid the initial 30% by Amex but it was via Paypal, so you didn't bother with Paypal because it was already pat 60 days so you went straight to Amex

is that correct?

So, who didn't use a credit card to pay the preorder how can get back his money??
I sent them an email some day ago, still no answer!
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

Hey Searing, that's probably a wise move.

Just to clear up a misconception about charge backs. You have 60 days from when you realise the problem to report it. Not from when you purchased the item. The transaction date can be much longer. Visa gives 540 days of cover in the UK.

For example. If you bought a camera a year ago but it goes wrong today, as long as you report the fault to Visa within 60 days of noticing it, you will be completely refunded as you bought the item within the last 540 days. So a charge back with Alpha should be 100% covered.

Also its illegal to take an "admin fee" to process refunds. They could withhold some or all of the deposit if the item was bespoke, which it isn't, its being sold in identical batches and they are reselling cancelled orders. So don't feel any guilt at all, trying to withhold even a penny of your refund is against the law.
Futune

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:27:13 PM

Just to clear up a misconception about charge backs. You have 60 days from when you realise the problem to report it. Not from when you purchased the item. The transaction date can be much longer. Visa gives 540 days of cover in the UK.

For example. If you bought a camera a year ago but it goes wrong today, as long as you report the fault to Visa within 60 days of noticing it, you will be completely refunded as you bought the item within the last 540 days. So a charge back with Alpha should be 100% covered.

Also its illegal to take an "admin fee" to process refunds. They could withhold some or all of the deposit if the item was bespoke, which it isn't, its being sold in identical batches and they are reselling cancelled orders. So don't feel any guilt at all, trying to withhold even a penny of your refund is against the law.

So just to be clear, we all payed for the pre-order, so if we want refund, is it illegal for them to charge that 70 dollar handling/administrative fee? AND that we can ask visa to refund the amount lost when they wrote in their terms (refund % after amount of days since you payed)? Grin I live in Canada so I don't know about UK laws.
AnaSardinha

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:01:32 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 07:01:38 PM by AnaSardinha

is that correct?

So, who didn't use a credit card to pay the preorder how can get back his money??
I sent them an email some day ago, still no answer!

If I decide to get a refund I'm on the same boat, I did a bank transfer.
Any info on this?
Or how one goes about a refund if not with the aid of a credit card charge-back.

Razorcoin : RHWYvxwYtymjxWnZLcHumxma84RDUGEUqq
barruka

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:10:44 PM

at this moment we are screw up - scammed

17th June 2014 7.05 pm from payments@alpha-t.net

Hello there,

I am very sorry but as per our cancellation policy it has been longer
than 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer
eligible for a refund.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:16:44 PM

Hello there,

eligible for a refund.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

That is real cute.  Things just got ugly here.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
retro72

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:57:04 PM

Hello there,

eligible for a refund.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

You probably need to read my posts regarding UK consumer law

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg7276409#msg7276409

If you have not paid with a CC you will need to complain to the UK Citizens Advice Bureau. Fill out the form in my post and submit it. Or call the number. This will bring Alpha to the attention of UK trading standards who will inform them that they have to refund you 100% or be prosecuted. I have already submitted a complaint. You should too.

You can do this even if you are a business, as Alpha took no proof at purchase. So unless you paid through a business account or card you can claim your refund as a consumer.

@futune. Yes you can contact your CC company ask ask for a charge back on anything Alpha are withholding (£70 +whatever %)
AnaSardinha

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:51:20 PM

Hello there,

eligible for a refund.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

You probably need to read my posts regarding UK consumer law

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg7276409#msg7276409

If you have not paid with a CC you will need to complain to the UK Citizens Advice Bureau. Fill out the form in my post and submit it. Or call the number. This will bring Alpha to the attention of UK trading standards who will inform them that they have to refund you 100% or be prosecuted. I have already submitted a complaint. You should too.

You can do this even if you are a business, as Alpha took no proof at purchase. So unless you paid through a business account or card you can claim your refund as a consumer.

@futune. Yes you can contact your CC company ask ask for a charge back on anything Alpha are withholding (£70 +whatever %)

Ty again Retro72 for posting and clarifying that in case of need (a.k.a. if lacking an "easy" solution for refund) we should reach out to the UK Citizens Advice Bureau, fill out the form in your post and submit it.

Razorcoin : RHWYvxwYtymjxWnZLcHumxma84RDUGEUqq
retro72

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:56:20 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 12:19:49 AM by retro72

Ty again Retro72 for posting and clarifying that in case of need (a.k.a. if lacking an "easy" solution for refund) we should reach out to the UK Citizens Advice Bureau, fill out the form in your post and submit it.
No problem.

If I were in your situation I would write Alpha an email explaining that you are not a business and have bought the product as a consumer. Therefore under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you are entitled to cancel at any time up until 7 days after receipt of the item, for a full refund without penalty.

I would also state that you will be issuing proceedings with the UK small claims court and passing all the relevant data on to the  Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards if you have not received a satisfactory response and restitution within 7 days.

You can file small claims court proceedings online here:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Money claim online can be used by people living outside the UK but you will need a UK address. Fortunately you can use a service address. More information about money claim can be found here:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-for-trial/problems-with-small-claims.htm

Small claims can be heard in absence and the fees are very reasonable and can be found here:

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex050-eng.pdf

A small claim may be the fastest way of getting your money if you do not have CC protection. Most are not disputed so the awards are given fairly quickly.

Hope this helps.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:54:34 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 02:04:45 AM by s1gs3gv

Hello there,

eligible for a refund.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

That is real cute.  Things just got ugly here.

Gotta be careful when people start throwing around the 'Best Regards' BS. Its a sure sign to watch your back ...

Those folks over on the alpha-t forum sound like they are sleep walking into a huge train wreck. Hope it works out for 'em ...

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:15:38 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 07:31:05 AM by Searing

well maybe the amex folks are wrong they are reps one said she would investigate...the key here is I GOT NO ITEM on a promise....imho

she had no problem going back to jan 2014 and crediting my 667 back ....(it is off my card i checked at least for now)

but i suppose alpha could dispute and it could be a whole big deal

but with alphas refund policy I'd rather fight thru amex (seems they are letting me) rather then go alpha route...it is only 217 bucks
that i can get back out of the 667 from alpha .again the amex lady thought their TOS was a joke ...pretty much started the dispute when she saw that

and to my prev post in that i was kinda '''*ahem*' backed into reporting myself as a 'legal miner' in usa and pay taxes on my income from btc mining i have
and can depreciate equip ..if i deprecitate this 667 in real $$$ applied to real taxes i will owe this year on mining and actually have to pay IRS this year and the next
3 or 4 years as a %..it comes out to $225 in savings taken away from any IRS tax bill

again my legal mining in usa is odd (don't have your bank mess up 6 attempts at m/o $$$ to sweden and blame you ..you can prove they are full of it
but kinda need to be a biz and pay taxes to do so..actually had to bring my tax return down ...evil bitcoin miner to banker that i was....sigh)

but being legal  it kinda does work..on a side note know this works the CPA lady last year took an 8.5k loss on BFL but now that i did get a refund from them
i need to count that as income this year ..sigh bfl still costing me $$$ even with refund

unsure what to tell you the above worse case scenario imho is why i paid alpha with cc and amex...for this sad eventuality

Hello there,

eligible for a refund.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

well just saw that ..if amex lady comes back to me on dispute info I will show here this
that should set her off...

in hindsight for me that would be june 6th seems the Amex way is my only way out on this ..again it is in dispute
amex could come back and say because of paypal or the tos or whatever and toss it back to me.but did not sound
like an option once i showed them the alpha site etc we will see ...on another note amex is my only card and
i've had it since 1991 gold card and i put about 14k a year on it..and never had a late payment..so they could
be blowing smoke up my a*ss..but they claim 'they will dispute the claim' on the info i showed them (the
alpha site) so the 2 reps i talked to seem to think i can get my money back nthey are gonna do all the leg
work

they pull this off (amex) they will have me for a cheerleader for life!

I find it hard to believe that if I paid 30% down and not the remainder 70% now that they have no paypal option
to complete payment (or even if you paid wire xfer) that they can now after 5 months just keep your 30% of $$$
sent ...it has to be FUD just to stop some from losing the 30% and pay the remaining 70% on a hope an a prayer...

of course BFL has still not been shut down by FTC or anyone in USA so my faith in consumer protection is not
what it used to be!!!! (come thru amex i need to have faith to believe in good asic mnfg'ers and unicorns and rainbows again)

er and again with AMEX i do zip they do all the leg work and investigation .(they actually seemed kinda eager in a scary kinda way??? ) anyway it is all moot
to me i can get it back as equip loss from biz....so let loose the dogs of war! cc style...it is in amex's ball park now..i'm out of the loop
till the conclusion

Searing

edit saw posts above mine their are UK consumer protection links for full refund for wire xfer etc to a UK business...see above
if amex falls thru I will do the same..hope this helps

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:28:50 AM

I requested my refund 12 days ago as I still am within the 75% refund window having placed my order on March 28th. I have sent two subsequent follow-ups (always super-friendly, super professional) and have heard nothing from payments@alpha. I'm set to regain about $925 even after the 25% cut and 70 pound hit and that's pretty significant to me. I even made sure to provide details and a paypal address for a refund. Nothing.

I'm concerned they're going to wait me down to the 50% window and squeeze me dry...although I did cancel my order on the Web site on June 6th.

Here's hoping?
miri94

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:58:11 AM

Searing the Amex girl here says she does not have email or access to the internet, can only access my account information

how did you show here all these pages over the phone?
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:01:01 AM

its good to see ASICs are reality for Litecoin. LTC needs more ghash-like 51% network mining centralization as we have in Bitcoin.

must secure our wealth after all.

~CfA~

nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:52:27 AM

Continuing to hold off on paying balance. Hopefully they can show some more proof of product and then will continue to accept order balances. I'm just not giving them any more money right now without seeing some more results.
wilson1973

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:35:43 PM

My guess is (emphasis on guess) that they have no money left in the bank to fulfil the refund demands. They've spent any money they did have on the chip development and I'm guessing that's about as far it is goes.

They now need the balances paid in order to complete manufacturing process and until customers see anything more concrete they're not coughing up the cash. The old chicken and egg scenario.

The only issue now for those which need refunds is that this is a limited company so the liability is against the company and its assets and not against the individuals. My fear is anyone requiring a refund which hasn't paid by CC and falls outside any claim period will see no return as this company is likely to wind up shortly.

Like the Titanic I fear it's just a matter of time ...

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:51:08 PM

lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:51:19 PM

Filed a chargeback with my credit card company today...here's to hoping...

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:16:30 PM

Wonderful...looks like I'll be an official creditor for alpha-t as well as hashfast now!  Great!  Wonder if I can go find a nice tall bridge to jump off of now!  /* kidding of course */

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: