Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:11:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529022 times)
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:13:49 PM

Fiaz: "After feedback from the foundry we now know our chips will perform at a minimum of 1.4 M/hs, we originally advertised 1.2 Mh/s as the lowest possible fully expecting some manner of increase."

Is it possible that foundry manufacturing wafers can make that kind of statement?
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:21:08 PM

i can not loose 10k, if they cant deliver my asic then refund the total in current btc value.i sacrificed starting a company for this and my money is frozen in this asic for half a year...

I'm pretty sure you already DID lose 10k. 
I have to ask, because I am sincerely curious what goes on in someone's mind when they do something like this.  What were you thinking?  Even if this company had turned out to be legit.  Even if they had turned out to deliver somewhere sort of near on time and on spec.  Even if everything had worked out perfectly, this was still a HUGE gamble with a substantial chance of losing money.  Why would you gamble money you couldn't afford to lose? 
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:19:40 AM

i orderd the large thing for 9371 usd and this thread is scaring the shit out of me

Please show us a working prototype

I hope for your sake and others that everything goes well.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:28:09 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 12:46:21 AM by s1gs3gv

So … is the consensus conjecture here that Alpha-T may be purposely delaying doing a deal with a payments processor so that they can run out the clock on the refunds (per new terms) or is it that they can't get one because of some unspecified problem with their company ?

And that additionally they are now changing terms on the sly, suppressing difficult questions on their forum, and erasing evidence/covering their tracks on the major crypto-coin forums by removing their posts and accounts, and on their own website by removing their photos ?

If this is all true, what is likely to happen next ? Alpha-t website goes dead ? Phone disconnected ?

How is this story likely to end, and when … end of July ?

Is this all just a bad dream ? Will they deliver a working product in a few weeks ?

Join us tomorrow for the next episode.
pjr77

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:57:23 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 02:09:54 AM by pjr77

Batch 1 full payments should have been made by now . There  is nothing else they can get at this stage since they have no working product and no one will give them more money .
They are getting ready to bail out ! Place your charge backs ASAP if you have a CC payment through paypal it is your last chance to get your money back !
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:14:58 AM

well in their religion ramadan starts today and if he lies during this month, or should i say that with every additional lie he tells, then according to his religion he will be in one deeper hell. I have a feeling that at the end of it he will outhrow the devil himself
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:42:16 AM

So … is the consensus conjecture here that Alpha-T may be purposely delaying doing a deal with a payments processor so that they can run out the clock on the refunds (per new terms) or is it that they can't get one because of some unspecified problem with their company ?

IF they are LEGIT they are at least doing the above to hedge bets in case they are late...imho they can "hope" people will pay the last 70% under new terms and with no
paypal and cc protection on again the "HOPE" they will do so rather then lose ALL  of the 30% deposit....said customers have already invested (ie if we have enough 'sheep' we still may pull this off theory)

and the above is the BEST CASE example in my view of covering their butt if they ARE still really trying to get a product out in some manner (even if late)..ie this is the "rosy picture"

if the above is incorrect and they are not just being 'scammy' from the above viewpoint.then we are truly and royally screwed...if the plane is going down and is "unflyable" the changes of the TOS and the lack of cc payment etc are just a process of preparing for the alpha-t investors to 'bail out"

in other words the plane is going down and the pilots have already 'bailed out" we are left with a crashed plane and the complete loss of $$$ in all this ie alpha files for bankruptcy and personal assets under such are protected..and customers eat all the losses

either of the above is (understatement) not good imho if I you find yourself 'praying' for option #1 cause you already paid in full

on a side note paypal now has a flag up on my amex chargeback saying they too are investigating ..which imho means I"m likely screwed...me thinks amex and paypal are fighting this out in some manner...i did not make a dispute..so my guess is amex said it was fraud and wanted charge back from jan 2013 (this late date) and paypal is gonna fight it (likely because they can't get any money out of alpha anymore)

well at least it seems amex is "trying" to fight the good fight on my behalf..but I've dealt with paypal before on disputes with BFL they will squirm out payment is my current guess

again I'm a mushroom in all this covered with sh*t and in the dark...probably better this way...if I'm gonna lose on this better amex does all the work then me yelling at people for 6 weeks...

if for no other reason then that i'm grateful to amex.....it is all so frigging 'predictable' these days consumer has beef with corporation ..lots of hoops to jump thru and noise....never any doubt at the end that the corporation would win in the end anyway

I am on encouraged by any of the above anyway I'll again let you know how this all turns out in (jezz 4 more weeks yet probably sh*t)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:47:43 AM

Just disputed my pre-order deposit through Discover, they had no problem doing the charge-back after I explained the situation. They said unless the vendor can provide them with a tracking order for shipping, with my signature, then I am not liable for the charge. Screw your criminal terms and conditions Alpha Tech. I really didn't want to have to do this, waited until the last minute for you to provide *any* shred of evidence you might deliver, but it's gone too far now and once you declare bankruptcy which is what I honestly believe is what will happen in the end it would then not be possible to reclaim via the CC company. Sad that this didn't work out, but I guess in hindsight not surprised. Lesson learned. Good luck everyone else!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:18:46 AM

Just disputed my pre-order deposit through Discover, they had no problem doing the charge-back after I explained the situation. They said unless the vendor can provide them with a tracking order for shipping, with my signature, then I am not liable for the charge. Screw your criminal terms and conditions Alpha Tech. I really didn't want to have to do this, waited until the last minute for you to provide *any* shred of evidence you might deliver, but it's gone too far now and once you declare bankruptcy which is what I honestly believe is what will happen in the end it would then not be possible to reclaim via the CC company. Sad that this didn't work out, but I guess in hindsight not surprised. Lesson learned. Good luck everyone else!

thanks if amex comes back and is unsuccessful I will ask about the vendor and tracking number as you state above

but yeah still have a hard time believing that you can get away with ordering something at 30% down with paypal and then will lose that down payment
unless you mail them wire xfer w/o the benifit anymore of paypal or credit card protection of the last 70% for a product not shipped

but I've seen BFL get away with weirder stuff..who knows

anyway another thing to keep in mind if amex and or paypal (i'm so confused) or whoever this is getting punted around to..has no luch....it can get
punted back to me ..i guess chargeback wise

I too got a 'chargeback' but they can change their mind (amex/paypal) likely paypal will scuttle it....or they go bankrupt as you state....they say can take 4-6 weeks
to resolve so yeah if they declare bankruptcy the chargeback on amex will likely be rescinded....so keep that in mind with your discover card you may not be out of woods yet

anyway other people with different cards seem to at least get some info after the intial dispute...me with amex it is like i gave it to the NSA to solve or something nada
on info so far..just mysterious paypal disputes i have not initiated with paypal investigating and called amex and they say paypal is not involved...go figure?Huh? Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
AnaSardinha

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:22:46 AM

I pre-ordered the bigger (originally 25Mh/s) Viper on March 29th. Paid £1,635.00 with a bank transfer. Later on, I asked for it to be downgraded, which they did by marking the first order as completed and opening a new one for the Viper (50Mh/s) on the 22nd of May. I need only to pay £26.99 for that order to be fully paid.

I don't have the C.C. protection (having paid with a bank transfer) and no idea to which date counts towards a cancellation but most likely soon out at 50% -still better than most I concede-. Because I paid with a bank transfer I'm thinking my best chance is to wait for them to fail the due date so I can start a small claims court case.
What files should I be saving to backup a small claims court case?

Edit: I'm assuming due date as the date they mention on their latest update; "...before shipment (which will begin somewhere from the 15th-31st of July)..." Legally If they e-mail that as the latest update that's the one we can point to?

Razorcoin : RHWYvxwYtymjxWnZLcHumxma84RDUGEUqq
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:37:47 AM

I pre-ordered the bigger (originally 25Mh/s) Viper on March 29th. Paid £1,635.00 with a bank transfer. Later on, I asked for it to be downgraded, which they did by marking the first order as completed and opening a new one for the Viper (50Mh/s) on the 22nd of May. I need only to pay £26.99 for that order to be fully paid.

I don't have the C.C. protection (having paid with a bank transfer) and no idea to which date counts towards a cancellation but most likely soon out at 50% -still better than most I concede-. Because I paid with a bank transfer I'm thinking my best chance is to wait for them to fail the due date so I can start a small claims court case.

there is a thread post in this thread on how to get a hold of United Kingdom consumer protection...see previous posts here

if it is more then 5 months according to alpha no refunds of your 30% at all..they keep the works by the by the amex lady said the biz to biz
you lose your consumer protection was crap according to the amex rep ..she also was not a big fan of their TOS (but i guess they just changed it)

likely they will bankrupt here soon and we will all be sh*t out of luck...but myself i was not gonna give them 70% of the rest w/o paypal anymore nor cc protection
no any prototype on their word..i'll eat the 667 usd and take an equip loss and get 25% or so of that back in equip depreciation on the bitcoin biz i have in USA (don't
ask had bank issues had to file..good i did or in trouble with IRS but i can at least get equp depreciation)

so full amount likely w/o cc amex coming thru on refund ..I'm likely out all in all 400 usd..if i string out and get the 25% back as an equip loss over a few years

anyway at least I found out Amex is feisty about this kinda thing but again if alpha goes belly up it won't matter.and now paypal seems to have jumped in cause amex
said it was fraud ...all very dramatic at my end (but i just get that from my sudden paypal dispute on paypal ...otherwise have no info just speculating on the "hey
we have done a dispute for you re do you sercuity kinda msgs...jeez

i just can't see a lot of folk paying that last 70% w/o paypal or cc protection.....not after watching hashfast/bfl and other pull these stunts

well looks like according to what amex said i have another 4 weeks at least till this is resolved (or not) likely by that point it will all be moot

anyway so it goes

Searing

allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:47:35 AM

Edit: I'm assuming due date as the date they mention on their latest update; "...before shipment (which will begin somewhere from the 15th-31st of July)..." Legally If they e-mail that as the latest update that's the one we can point to?

Going to court is a messy job and will take out a lot of time.
Better try to contact them and convince them for a full refund if you wish to cancel.
One thing you should be clear from now onward is to do clear and documented communication with them.
Don't send vague email or phone calls. Also don't contact them via Phone and don't settle anything via their calls to you.
If they call to convince you just tell them to email or send letter with company seal and signature. Don't accept or do anything as per their non-documented instructions.

Keep all your emails as it is.
Keep all details of payment.
If you remember phone calls and conversations note it down and it may help you when contacting and advocate.
Also, allow them till July end to check whether they are keeping their words.
If they are not shippinging as promised by July end take a legal opinion.
Jonasch

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

Batch 1 full payments should have been made by now . There  is nothing else they can get at this stage since they have no working product and no one will give them more money .

I posted here before but not sure if anyone took notice:  I have an order in batch 1, I paid the deposit by wire transfer.
I am still waiting to even receive / view an invoice for the final payment. I have not been asked to pay and I don't have an invoice for the final payment.
If they had asked me to pay or provided an invoice I would have paid them.

So it seems they are not yet collecting the final payments for batch 1 at all.

Has anyone received an invoice for their batch 1 purchase?
Phorna

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:34:12 AM

You mean the company that can't get the phone line fixed for several weeks?  Grin
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:45:26 AM

Going to court is a messy job and will take out a lot of time.
Better try to contact them and convince them for a full refund if you wish to cancel.
One thing you should be clear from now onward is to do clear and documented communication with them.
Don't send vague email or phone calls. Also don't contact them via Phone and don't settle anything via their calls to you.
If they call to convince you just tell them to email or send letter with company seal and signature. Don't accept or do anything as per their non-documented instructions.

Keep all your emails as it is.
Keep all details of payment.
If you remember phone calls and conversations note it down and it may help you when contacting and advocate.
Also, allow them till July end to check whether they are keeping their words.
If they are not shippinging as promised by July end take a legal opinion.

I think there is some confusion here regarding the shipping schedule.  Actually, the confusion is that there even is a schedule.  July was just an informal thing they stated on the forums here and elsewhere.  The actual contract doesn't stipulate any shipping schedule at all, and so it is impossible for them to be late per the terms of the contract.
At best, the contract says they will HOPE to ship by Q2 or Q3.  I.E, as late as September 30th (obviously they missed Q2 already).  Even then though, it doesn't state they will for sure ship in September, just that they hope to.

Now, I am not familiar enough with UK law to say for sure, but if their law is anything like US law, this thing will NOT end in a bankruptcy.  I don't even thing you guys will succeed in getting a judgement against them.  Fact is, they haven't violated any of the terms of the contract at all.  And even if they did, there are those two pesky clauses in there that let them a.  Change the terms at any time B.  not be held liable for anything that goes wrong, INCLUDING a willful violation of the contract on their part.  So unless the parts of the contract can be stricken because they are illegal, I just don't see it happening without a very difficult court battle.  I imagine if things ever got really bad they could throw together some 100 dollar gridseed units or whatever, ship them out, and call it a day (remember the part of the contract that says the specs can change at any time).  
If you paid with a credit card of course this doesn't matter, since you will file for a charge back and claim fraud, or whatever you have to say to get your money back.  Ive been saying all along that the lack of a credit card processor was not a mistake on their part but intentional, and this is why.  
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:39:02 AM

how do i report the alpha-t website to virus companies as malware?
Phorna

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:18:17 PM

how do i report the alpha-t website to virus companies as malware?

Why would you do such a thing?  Huh
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:22:20 PM

Has anyone contacted BitPay to flag them as a scam? (I think they're using BitPay, right?) With enough complaints there maybe we could stop them from collecting any more BTC...
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:23:35 PM

FYE:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:31:11 PM

although i am highly sceptical and worried by this thread, please dont do anything rash, and be very carefull with using the word scam untill the promised shipping date has passed.....

do not report them or do things like that when they are still before the shipping period, and yes im a customer also

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: