Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:51:02 AM

Who's in the UK right now?? Contact these guys, they look like solid dependable Brits. Ask them to sniff around the Akram shop next door see if it is still even in existence. Maybe even converse with one of the Akram gang, how is it going with your electronic stuff mate. Pretty sure if one of these guys is game, we will get to the bottom of this in exactly one day.

http://www.bicycledoctor.co.uk/

http://www.bicycledoctor.co.uk/about/staff/

Telephone 0161 224 1303
 Fax 0161 257 3102
 Email sales@bicycledoctor.co.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:09:39 AM

Here we go, lights camera action!

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Official police site for reporting internet crimes and fraud. This is nothing more than a internet financial scam in play, takes 10 seconds to file a complaint, if enough people file, I am quite sure the Flying Squad will swoop in on 66 Dickenson Road in no time. No one is going to be running off with my hard earned money if I can help it. I suggest you do the same.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:26:47 AM

Now that GAW have upgraded all VaultBreakers to 750mhs and are offering batch 2 VaultBreakers for $6999, I wonder what kind of competitive response we will see from alpha-t and others ?

Well, so far they have used ZEUS chips. 55 nm energy hungry disaster. Even Gridseeds' dual chips are more energy efficient.
If these chips are the same no response is needed. Power usage alone will kill them and by 750 Mhs the execution will be quick.
It's all about energy usage. After all, the prices will tend to power costs regardless of used devices.

Well if alpha falls thru (ie don't get refund of my $667 or whatever) I do have a KNC Titan on order (no refund) so will ride this
Scrypt asic out as best I can

sure hope this guy is correct....Alts could ride bitcoin like a world class Hawaiian wave right to the $$$ beach

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/10960012/Bitcoin-price-to-hit-2000-by-end-of-the-year.html

then again when was the last time we heard anyone predict such a thing (er wait a min last fall)

good to have dreams even if I do get reamed by getting scrypt miners...(eventually I  will learn or go broke I guess)

again nothing from alpha to amex which is not a good sign considering it has been 3 weeks and Amex seems to have asked about the
purchase via a FRAUD warning to the merchant...just looked at paypal (which closed it was over 45 days amex musta flag'd them)
but that is what the dispute said from amex)

anyway ....no contact at all on a a 'possible' fraud use of card? not even a 'huh' ..that does not bode well for a normal company response
from a credit card company's initial contact does it (unless they are getting a sh*tlo*d of requests like this 'tagged' this way initially?)

the mystery deepens (or not depending on if you think I'm gonna lose my $$$ or not..flip a coin.....)

Searing

Heh!  NEWS FLASH!!!! Heh!

Well I guess times must be tough on www.alpha-t.net forums...JUST GOT BANNED..er like FOREVER...sigh it is to be expected I guess....pretty sure it was
not for anything I posted on their forums specifically ...but probably from what I posted on here....big whoop...if they were legit they would have
not banned me and just shipped the miners on 7/15/2014 as they stated 'shipping will start' this last year
(4 days from now) that sure woulda put me in my place! Woulda showed me by golly!
(no toys for Searing!)

(er wait a min ..no prototype..no cc payment in place...no announcement since 6/20/2014 of anything...posts being deleted from alpha forums
mysterious banning....er crap...they are BFL... the UK branch...argh..it all makes sense now.....well good to know I got some people to try
and get a credit card charge back...works or not at least I was/we are 'annoying' ...hopefully this cc charge back works out for most
of us and we get them for some real $$$....

I mean we pay 30% down with paypal then Alpha expects us to pay 70% remaining with no paypal protection
or option to use a credit card..er sorry....that don't seem to work from a TOS point of view according to my credit card company..who
fully understood WHY I wanted a charge back and agreed with my dispute...now whether there is any $$$ left to get back via my
nice Amex bloodhound cc company... is another issue....well hell I can 'write off"  the equip as a 'fraud loss' I'll likely only be stuck after a few years of dribbling
that down $450 bucks..equip depreciation not arrived wise....so can get that $250 applied to 'real tax $$ owed....but again w/o
Amex coming thur....still will be $450 out of pocket.....live and learn and as stated above 3 weeks and no reply to Amex''s Initial
request for info on disputed charge..and as stated above they have a 'Fraud Tag" on the dispute from what I can tell from paypal
closed dispute (over 45 days) process of the above.

Here is what it looks like more or less ..pretty plain jane way to ban someone..I expected at least a virtual firing squad or some such
I mean they can't even kick me off their forums with anything but a minimal effort!

anyway here is how it looks to get banned on alpha when you try to sign in

Alpha Technology                                                                                      July 11, 2014, 11:59:48 AM
                                                                                                                  News:

Welcome to the Alpha Technology forum!
                                                           An Error Has Occurred!
                                                           Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
                                                           This ban is not set to expire.
                                                                             (Back)

er just like the above on a white background

hmm...first I was the 2nd guy banned on BFL shoutbox/forum (after rocky raccoon) now somewhere in the middle of the pack
banned from alpha ..the 2nd not even for anything I likely posted on their forums but likely from stuff posted here....it can't
be me right?....I mean I should wait a 1 yr and 20 days from BFL to get my $8.5k back? (man was i lucky) I should put 30% down under
paypal protection and pay the 70% left with no paypal protection anymore and no option for credit card protection..right? Just
on their word? (yep must be me...damn serfs are getting uppity out there in the shire)...

well only have KNC forum left to go...(got a Titan no refund...I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed as you can see
from the above)..I suppose when they send me a box of parts that don't work I'll get banned there too

well good to have goals...

I may yet reach the 'Triple Crown" of ASIC forum 'banning" ..........ah the fame the glory

the actual "wtf" moments....memories!

Searing

I imagine the ban may have come about from them finding out about the charge back and relating it to your order ?

well me being on here touting my charge back by amex attempt yep that coulda done it...but linking my real name to their account
via this handle not sure how they could do that

oh well we will see I'll let you know if/when my chargeback is successful....I mean it is probably only 3 days from shipping so of course
I am likely wrong in this attempt right? Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:45:54 AM

Who's in the UK right now?? Contact these guys, they look like solid dependable Brits. Ask them to sniff around the Akram shop next door see if it is still even in existence. Maybe even converse with one of the Akram gang, how is it going with your electronic stuff mate. Pretty sure if one of these guys is game, we will get to the bottom of this in exactly one day.

http://www.bicycledoctor.co.uk/

http://www.bicycledoctor.co.uk/about/staff/

Telephone 0161 224 1303
 Fax 0161 257 3102
 Email sales@bicycledoctor.co.uk

r

Please don't. When AT just started, people were calling them as well. They were getting really frustrated, because they got multiple calls a day, sometimes even 10 or 20 calls, asking about AT. We should try not to bother this shop with our trouble.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 12:33:08 PM

Umm  ….   where did the Alpha-T storefront sign go ?  ...
soulcity

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:38:55 PM

Google Earth isn't real time
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:23:30 PM

Here we go, lights camera action!

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Official police site for reporting internet crimes and fraud. This is nothing more than a internet financial scam in play, takes 10 seconds to file a complaint, if enough people file, I am quite sure the Flying Squad will swoop in on 66 Dickenson Road in no time. No one is going to be running off with my hard earned money if I can help it. I suggest you do the same.

I ll wait till 31th July. If theres still no Viper unit in my flat, im gonna fill dat fraud report.
Notwithstanding any upcuming updates. 31th July is their ultimate deadline.

Can someone from Manchester or its hood do a visit next week in Dickenson road?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:28:45 PM

By the by can anyone else get into forums at www.alpha-t.net or have we all been banned....I don't even try to log in and I get the page
(unless they locked out my IP)

Hell maybe everyone is banned and the forums is shut down for all I know?

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:31:21 PM

By the by can anyone else get into forums at www.alpha-t.net or have we all been banned....I don't even try to log in and I get the page

Searing

Forums working from here, no ban shit.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:47:55 PM

Searing

Forums working from here, no ban shit.

well I'll  "just find another" .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaQ2v4GBZDk

heh.....(man they really really don't like me if they banned my IP (i have a static ip) heh....

me thinks my rant on here on how people can get chargebacks on their 30% down lit a fire under them to do 'something' even if it was
not in getting an asic scrypt miner out..but by god they took the time to 'ban me" ...so they are alive!

I have proved they can do something even if it was only to ban me!...ah the sweet
scent of progress....well quite frankly the scent of progress stinks...movement wise...but they did move! *sure to ban me* but motion
is motion...now if they would just continue to tumble down the hill with asic's falling out of their ass...I'd start a cult on unicorns
and rainbows....but hey 3 more days they "on July 15th we will start shipping units" heh

Searing

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:53:30 PM

Umm  ….   where did the Alpha-T storefront sign go ?  ...

By the time Google updates the street view you won't see an AT sign there either the way this is going.
anderl

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:57:23 PM

Why bother with Alpha Tech anymore.....
Nexus
Re: Latest Update

« Reply #131 on: Today at 02:48:57 PM »
I'm so glad I haven't sent in my final payment yet!

Looks like I could buy a 250mh/s unit right now from zoom hash and get it in 5 days for just about the same as my remaining 70% deposit.

Never preorder!!!!  ALpha is no where's near delivery and there are already SHIPPING units for less than you are paying for a Viper. 

Instead of paying your 70% just buy a unit from zoomhash and get it in 5 days!!!
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:12:01 PM

Innosilicon - the only hope for Alpha-T.

Innosilicon 28 nm chips can do 1.6 MHS to 1.8 MHS at only 10W power consumption. They sell these chips OEM. These are the only chips that match more less Alpha's vaporchips specification. Do they know already that it is better deal for them to buy these chips? Is that why they have declared lower power usage and higher hashing power matching more less Innosilicon specs? The problem is that the price is a bit to high for Alpha to make a good deal currently. However if they wait month or two - they will make some easy money.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:05:44 PM

zero fucks given
duniek

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:46:49 PM

I am looking at unofficial pre-order list and Do I looks right?

1,5mln pounds orders within 10days  Shocked Shocked Shocked

If this is a really scam I am wondering why they dont make any FAKE prototype (just fake pcb + some heatsinks) or maybe FAKE rack chassis - it will be cost max 500pounds even less, and they can scam more people for doing that.

Phorna

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:58:15 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 04:09:55 PM by Phorna

If this is a really scam I am wondering why they dont make any FAKE prototype (just fake pcb + some heatsinks) or maybe FAKE rack chassis - it will be cost max 500pounds even less, and they can scam more people for doing that.

Because it is not a scam per se. It is rather we have tried but it went broken story.
anderl

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:35:06 PM

Because it is not a scam per se. It is rather we have tried but it went broken story.

Yes the initiative was there and aspiration was there but the competence was not.  They did not go into this attempting to scam people, but now that they have failed on so many levels (transparency, prototypes, billing, partnerships) they are circling the wagons to protect themselves.  So they will do their best to try to throw together some kind of defence absolving themselves of all guilty and justify keeping the money they have taken from their customers.  So it didn't start as a scam but it became one.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:05:47 PM

Yes the initiative was there and aspiration was there but the competence was not.  They did not go into this attempting to scam people, but now that they have failed on so many levels (transparency, prototypes, billing, partnerships) they are circling the wagons to protect themselves.  So they will do their best to try to throw together some kind of defence absolving themselves of all guilty and justify keeping the money they have taken from their customers.  So it didn't start as a scam but it became one.
Quite possible but the big question then becomes, at what point where they themselves aware that this entire venture was a failure and why in the hell did they send out e-mails requiring remaining 70% payment of pre-orders?  I strongly suspect they knew this thing was going to fail well before requesting remaining payments from existing order holders.  That IS scam-like behavior imho.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 08:44:35 PM

if they start shipping in 3 days im gonna laugh my ass off

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:45:22 PM

if they start shipping in 3 days im gonna laugh my ass off

don't be so optimistic, I am afraid that this seems to be a Hollywood type scam...
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: