Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:39:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529022 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:06:46 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 07:23:06 AM by Searing

So, as suspected, they've dropped the ball, say they can't ship, and can't give an estimated date of when they'll ship.

Can't say it comes as a shocker at this point.

It's hilarious how they make a big announcement about even more ways of taking your money, then almost as a sidenote near the bottom say they still haven't finished the units.

They haven't even built a prototype yet. The product doesn't exist.
QFMT.

What's staggering is that, if you look at the Alpha forum, people are actually giving them more money now the CC option is available. It's not surprising the financial system almost collapsed when people this stupid are given access to credit.

the amex people said it was likely that because they initiated cc option thru their bank then if/when they can pull the cc option to pay like they did paypal...then cc protection likely will not work again..ie if alpha does not take cc or paypal how would the cc company get the funds back?...at that point..sure you win fraud but hard for a cc
company to get $$$ back w/o the merchant cc account etc...again we 'made this order' it is not 'we did not authorize this order' so because we authorized the 30%
at that point we may be out of luck....but the cc option could let alpha suck a lot more people in for a BFL disappointment experience before turning off the taps
again like they did paypal....as far as I know alpha could argue that you are paying off a bill from last jan 2014 (30% down) thus the other 70% you paid is not
protected becasue you are just paying off your jan bill (more then 60 days)..games like that

it seems pretty messy

ie fraud protection is for 'charges you did not make' ie fraud...we paid the 30% down..thus why amex says i'm right not to pay the remaining 70% and they are still
looking at my dispute..*they could have just cut me off and say I'm out of luck rather then put this much time into it..amex that is....they have not done so yet
amex is annoyed at the idea of 30% down for vaporware ...no way to pay ....you can't even pay the ramaining 70% till they offered such say what was it end of may?
but you are penalized on their refund process for being over 5 months no refund at all.. by that time and can only pay with wire xfer/bank xfer and no prototype and no real info on progress
 .and viola..now the majority of people purchasing alpha 1st batch are over the 5 month limit and can get NONE of their 30% down back...suddenly you can
now they take amex again..and pay the last 70%..amazing how that all works out so well for alpha an't it....tied up our funds nicely ...for 5 months or so
or refund with penalties...etc ....hell if i was amex i'd be p'/o'd too..so from amex reps point of view it is sophisticated extortion...you lose all the 30% unless
you pay the full 70%....at that point is it small
claims court or regulatory agencies and if they pull a BFL that could take more then a year..hell butterfly labs has been stringing on people for more then 14 months...
and again their TOS does not specify when you will get the product even if you do pay in full

so anyway how I understand it so far perhaps I'm wrong..but when amex says not to pay 70% to an amex merchant ...because they too
say it looks fishy as hell....I guess I should listen

again 2 out of 5 shot of getting my 30% back....but I put the odds at a lot worse on getting an actual unit that will not have more of loss in real dollars by sending
them this last 70% imho ..it is probably a draw..by the time w/prototype and chips etc they get their stuff out Titans will likely be out and will blow ROI out of the
water...so best to keep my remaining 1700 usd then throw good money after bad again imho...looking like I'd have lost more on the equip then the 450 I will lose
altogether anyway...esp if best case is them shipping beg of august or so me getting my unit say aug 15th etc

anyway I'll let you know how it shakes out....but no prototype 2 deadlines missed from my jan order....I may just chock this up to a valuable 'life lesson' and move on

after taking the $667 as a business loss I will likely really lose doing that as a depreciation lose only 450 usd or so...again in my case it is not worth it at this point
to toss another 1700 bucks at these guys with shipping and even with cc amex protection somewhat...better to just dispute it with amex and if the 450 goes poof
better odds then 1) equip that would ROI ..hell at this point I'd likely lose 450 or more on the equip not making roi with elec etc or 2) them pulling what seems to
be a BFL just ship so far in the future ALL 100% of your full payment would be a loss ....

it is not like these guys have shown us anything REAL besides a web page

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
DumDumz

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:10:52 AM

All I can say is: no chippie no monnie.  Cheesy
no chippie no monnie no worry Cheesy

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:33:09 AM

Anyone planning on starting an AT lawsuit thread?  There seems to be interest and a number of people have already started legal action individually. Better to group together as a class action.

I agree and I'll take part!
Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:57:47 AM

Anyone planning on starting an AT lawsuit thread?  There seems to be interest and a number of people have already started legal action individually. Better to group together as a class action.

I agree and I'll take part!

Anyone from the UK doing this give me a shout, I'm in.
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:24:37 AM

for what exactly?

you entered into an agreement with them

anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:41:04 AM

for what exactly?

And they have failed to deliver on that agreement based on the original terms.  Adding additional hashing does not preclude the fact that they have missed their deadlines on providing cc payment options and shipping buy july 1st.

Not to mention the practice of changing the terms of agreement, deleting posts that can be linked to them and qualifying me as a business but not asking for business credentials/identification (tax id/ federal id/business id) only to skirt some laws to afford them more protection and force their customers into a position they did not expect to be in.

For all these practices I feel that there should be a suit to file against them.  Again its a lawsuit.  The purpose of to determine in a court of law (not on a forum) if Alpha Technology violated any laws.  If they did then we can talk damages.  But right now we need an investigation and filing a lawsuit is the best way.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:46:30 AM

....as far as I know alpha could argue that you are paying off a bill from last jan 2014 (30% down) thus the other 70% you paid is not
protected becasue you are just paying off your jan bill (more then 60 days)..games like that

Searing

I really hope they don't try this.  That would smack of trying to gouge the customer.  With all the games they are playing with customers I don't know why there aren't more people getting together for a suit.  Other suits against previous ASIC companies were started because the product was delivered later than promised.  With AT it has been far more ugly.
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:02:32 PM

for what exactly?

And they have failed to deliver on that agreement based on the original terms.  Adding additional hashing does not preclude the fact that they have missed their deadlines on providing cc payment options and shipping buy july 1st.

Not to mention the practice of changing the terms of agreement, deleting posts that can be linked to them and qualifying me as a business but not asking for business credentials/identification (tax id/ federal id/business id) only to skirt some laws to afford them more protection and force their customers into a position they did not expect to be in.

For all these practices I feel that there should be a suit to file against them.  Again its a lawsuit.  The purpose of to determine in a court of law (not on a forum) if Alpha Technology violated any laws.  If they did then we can talk damages.  But right now we need an investigation and filing a lawsuit is the best way.

you did not make them sign a deadline contract, so thats never going to work.

the only thing you can investigate is if theres any law that gives us a full refund, IF they dont ship a machine....and its way to early to know that

spectrem1

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:03:59 PM

for what exactly?

They changed the agreement. They radically changed the equipment footprint and in particular power requirements. They didn't ask get us to sign off on those changes, they didn't give any choices. The entire agreement that we signed (Feb.2014) has been modified from the one there now (7/14). They have made many "wording changes" (lawyers love that crap) to take themselves off the hook AFTER the fact. Every contract I've EVER been involved with (and I've been in the communications business for over 40 years) requires a sign off of the client when changes are made. Changing a contract without client approval and sigh off make the contract invalid) I no longer have the power (electrical breakers) to run the darn things without extension cable running all over the house or having the house wiring to a larger gage (code). That would cost half as much as the miners. I would have never purchased anything I couldn't run or would cost so much more money to accommodate. Their changes have put me in a box I can't get out of without just walking away from my 30% - about 4k. Under the circumstances they should refund anyone that wants out because of these changes. -M

Chance favors the prepared mind -Louis Pasteur
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:10:07 PM

you did not make them sign a deadline contract, so thats never going to work.

the only thing you can investigate is if theres any law that gives us a full refund, IF they dont ship a machine....and its way to early to know that
Actually Bumface, you can report them for breaking UK Distance Selling Regulations. They have deliberately refused to refund their customers their deposits. THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW.

Their terms and conditions are irrelevant and are superseded by UK Consumer Law which states a customer can cancel at any time UP TO 7 WORKING DAYS AFTER SHIPPING for a FULL REFUND. There must be no handling fees or penalties and the shipping cost must also be reimbursed.

Anyway you slice it Alpha are breaking the law. The question is whether anyone has the stomach to take them on.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:21:00 PM

for what exactly?

They changed the agreement. They radically changed the equipment footprint and in particular power requirements. They didn't ask get us to sign off on those changes, they didn't give any choices. The entire agreement that we signed (Feb.2014) has been modified from the one there now (7/14). They have made many "wording changes" (lawyers love that crap) to take themselves off the hook AFTER the fact. Every contract I've EVER been involved with (and I've been in the communications business for over 40 years) requires a sign off of the client when changes are made. Changing a contract without client approval and sigh off make the contract invalid) I no longer have the power (electrical breakers) to run the darn things without extension cable running all over the house or having the house wiring to a larger gage (code). That would cost half as much as the miners. I would have never purchased anything I couldn't run or would cost so much more money to accommodate. Their changes have put me in a box I can't get out of without just walking away from my 30% - about 4k. Under the circumstances they should refund anyone that wants out because of these changes. -M
Absolutely correct. Everyone was patting Alpha on the back for adding more power but they neglected to think about the customers who were happy with what they had. These new power hungry monsters may be unsuitable for some. If Alpha were a decent and honest company they would allow these customers to cancel their orders without penalty. It comes as no surprise to me that they haven't.

BTW Spectrem, you are covered by the UK Distance Selling Regulations even though you are based in the U.S. If it comes to it, go through my post history, I've listed the authorities to contact and the possible ways to fight for a full refund.

Good luck.
Onecoinrabbit

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:35:35 PM

Open your windows and throw out your money or give away to strangers.

Takes seconds, not months

http://i62.tinypic.com/s2txs2.jpg

bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:35:38 PM

750MHs for 8500,-- is 11,-- for 1 MHs. Thats a new standard from October on

250MHs for 10500,-- is 42,-- for 1 MHs looks like a loss of money, depends whens the shipment finally.
Mikebeav3r

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:02:16 PM

Wow, Alpha are taking the piss now......

"
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry MikeBeaver, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire."

What the actual F%&k, am not very happy about this at all, they have my money and now I am banned.
spectrem1

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:04:19 PM

for what exactly?

Absolutely correct. Everyone was patting Alpha on the back for adding more power but they neglected to think about the customers who were happy with what they had. These new power hungry monsters may be unsuitable for some. If Alpha were a decent and honest company they would allow these customers to cancel their orders without penalty. It comes as no surprise to me that they haven't.

BTW Spectrem, you are covered by the UK Distance Selling Regulations even though you are based in the U.S. If it comes to it, go through my post history, I've listed the authorities to contact and the possible ways to fight for a full refund.

Good luck.

Thank you.  I guess I hit a nerve huh? Look what that post cost me -

Welcome to the Alpha Technology forum!
July 16, 2014, 02:42:55 PM
Sorry spectrem1, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

Everyone be mindful that Alpha lurks here and I'll address them here. If you are on the Alpha-T forum and like it, you better not answer here.

I don't really know why you banned me over there. You've given me no reason. Just banned but I suspect that it's from posting here. I've been on your Alpha-T forum for a long time, have never been vulgar or crass. I have never been combative and overall I think I've quite been supportive. In most cases I at least was giving you the benefit of the doubt in some pretty negative conversations. Yes, I ask questions, customer questions! I post my requests for definition and clarification of the things you (the company) post. Mostly about being competitive. Because it's a forum, I share thoughts with, read the concerns of others, and make suggestions to the company. As any customer that's my job. It's inexcusable for you as a company not to address concerns but rather ban your customers from current information about their purchase because you're uncomfortable with their observances.
You have a responsibility to me as a customer and all your paying customers. I paid my money and I am entitled to equal opportunity to read anything you post on your forum. Re instate me immediately so that I may access any relevant information or any changes concerning my purchase.

Yea I know. I'm wasting forum space by this petition. I hope it will serve further to warn others that are giving Alpha the benefit of the doubt that they should pay closer attention.

and a note to eneloop - Do I really have to wait till September now to say "fooled"? lol-M

Mikebeav3r

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:07:39 PM

Also banned, apparently you are not allowed to say bad stuff about the company on a totally independent site.

spectrem1

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:13:44 PM

Also banned, apparently you are not allowed to say bad stuff about the company on a totally independent site.

Mike, I'm sorry as I think you got banned for liking my post about the original contract and how they have changed it.
They don't want anyone to ask for an accounting. Yes, they have near 4k of my money too.
Nothing we said was bad. Non of what we asked or dug up was unkind or untruthful. -M

Mikebeav3r

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:27:12 PM

They are probably reading the posts here also.
End of the day, you get a warning on most forums for doing something they don't like, I am pretty sure no one said anything to warrant an outright ban, so was probably something said on here, which is even more of a piss take.

Am off to the bank tomorrow to see what my options are RE: distance selling, pre-orders, refunds etc, being banned without any prior warnings, communication is just bad conduct and not really indicative of a trustworthy company, of course, a member of their team may post here and let us know the reason for the ban, I won't hold my breath though, more chance of their #invisiblemining rigs.
wilson1973

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:56:30 PM

Run by a bunch of school kids who can't handle constructive criticism.

The walls are falling down around them. I urge you all to get your money out before they go under. It's now just a matter of time.

Appalling childlike behaviour.

You can't stop us posting here ... Now get back in your pram.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:33:44 PM

Well that blows guys.

If anyone was skeptical of our warnings, does this help you make your mind up? Banning people for what they're saying on *other* forums, after taking their money.

You can't run an ethical operation while taking customers' money and then ban them from customer service!

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: