Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:42:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529022 times)
Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:25:58 PM

i really dont know what to do anymore. if you believe this fud, trying to get a refund would be the best. but i want that asic Sad

i dont think its a scam, i think there was an issue with a supplyer and they are not telling it, offcourse this is speculation

Surely, if it was just a supplier issue, they must MUST have a at least 1 working prototype fro mthe very first batch of tested chips (how did they get the new speed numbers?)... we're not asking for all the machines to be shown at once, but surely, they must have a working machine that they can at least film working and take apart on camera for us to at least see that their chips even EXIST.

When you don't even have that... then of course people think scam. Though even scamming requires some degree of intelligence, alpha-t just entered a domain where they know absolutely nothing expecting to make millions. Now all they are trying to do is unfuck everything, but it might be too late.

at this point i want to see something, anything....

let one of those guys in india make a movie with his phone of the motherboards or something.thats simple 1 email away

Pretty sure Dexcel have removed all sign of Alpha from their website though, sure someone mentioned this a while back.
Would be nice to see a working machine or at least some of the parts for it with less than 2 weeks to go before it should be in your hands.
juanbond

Activity: 96
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:18:17 PM

The lack of any sort of prototype demo is scary.  Beyond that, AT doesn't seem to focus much on keeping the customers happy, what with their banning of customers posting anything negative.  How long until they announce that their production has completely failed?

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 05:44:42 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 05:59:57 PM by s1gs3gv

When I try to objectively read through all the comments here from people who seem like they are Alpha-T customers, I see a repeating pattern … good people having a hard time coming to terms with the idea that there are people in this world who will blatantly lie to you and manipulate you for profit. Acknowledging that there are people in this world who want to take what you have and will use any means possible to succeed is hard for good people. Acknowledging that not all people are good is hard for good people.

These kind of people not only take your money, they also take your faith in the goodness of human nature.

I am not going to say that Alpha-T have been lying to their customers, or scamming their customers, or anything else negative about Alpha-T because I don't know that to be true and there is always the chance, however slim, that they are just poor at communication or bad at execution or any number of other possible reasons for not having a prototype to show 2 days after their stated project end.

But when I see that carrot (increase in power, promises that the project is doing well and is on time, improved chip performance numbers, etc) dangling in the air all the way to the end (credit card payment facilities finally up, 2 week to pay or else) I am left with the feeling that something is going on here that isn't right.

And somebody with the authority to investigate the facts needs to start investigating ASAP.
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:45:59 PM

This is a sad story but if you read the forums you will have seen it before.

Starts like this.

New amazing product, not cheap but super powerful and great value for money.
 Design on CAD but no prototype or working model
 Claims that this is due to bleeding edge technology.
 Never made a product before.
 Asks you to prepay an order.

Result....

They are "late but on track" then
 Emotional blah blah blah
Claim that people are mean
Refuse refunds
Delete data from there site promising anything

Then
If you pre-buy now (after bad press) you will get twice what we offered.

Finally ... Broken shitty version of what they promised arrives months too late or not at all to a few people or none.
Company goes "bankrupt" and no assets can be claimed by anyone.. You loose, no sorry

Conclusion ?
If it doesn't exist now, it probably never will.
If your not a partner and investor with a vested stake in profits, don't pre-order.
In other words, if t sounds too good to be true........

I hope its not the case here but it happened to me and many others like me.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:13:37 PM

Alpha-T made a lot of lofty promises. They were more than willing to make these promises early on, and your money. As time went on, the promises became thinner on the ground, and now at best vague posts about "soon" this, and "soon" that.

Does that fill you with confidence?

Deleting any critical posts on their forum, some from very concerned buyers, then banning them. Is that the behaviour of a reputable company?

Constantly changing their T&Cs, refusing refunds, and claiming to have a legal team, which I highly doubt.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

got a question guys, who here lives near their GODDAM SHACK and would kindly on behalf of all of us give them a visit? and possibly even talk with them?

Grin

I think somebody already tried that without much luck. Check back through the posts here.

Personally, I'm waiting to hear Alpha-T announce that their VP of ASIC Development Eric Gunn ( or whoever it is now ) has left the company and as a consequence they will experience development and shipping delays.
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:46:13 PM

T&C for orders placed after the 1st of July 2014.

"We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014."

So by the 1st of July they don't know when they will be able to dispatch and give pretty wide time frame. They also use magical word HOPE as the wide time frame alone would not be enough. This is more than confirmation that we can forget about 31 of July scenario - the date, we have last time heard about when they were asking for final payments.

"We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or for indirect or consequential loss suffered by you whether as a result of any breach of these terms by us or as a result of our negligence."

So the deal is literally: give us your money and we are not responsible for anything, even if we f...up badly. By the way - the T&C concerns only you - our customer. Ciao! Smiley
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:48:23 PM

I know reddit was sworn off by them but what about this place, did they swear off BTC talk too?  I'm one of those that put down a deposit but when I requested a refund was told I was too late and to pay or piss off.  They spent literally 3 weeks to get back to me to tell me to piss off which is totally bothersome to me. 

Whose competing for the "new bfl" title here?  Black Arrow or Alpha-T?

juanbond

Activity: 96
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:13:03 PM

So are these guys traceable? Like how sure are we that Fiaz is ACTUALLY FIAZ and not some russian mobster sitting on the beach in Hawaii laughing at all these idiots falling into his scam hole?  Huh Huh Huh

Possibly, and I hope they do!  I feel bad for all the preorders.  Many people warned of this, and it's easy to say "told ya so", but ultimately the real idiots are the perpetrators, they should be brought to justice!  That is, if this does turn out the way it looks to be turning out (i.e. scamsville, or at best major-delaysville).

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:48:07 PM

T&C for orders placed after the 1st of July 2014.

"We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014."

So by the 1st of July they don't know when they will be able to dispatch and give pretty wide time frame. They also use magical word HOPE as the wide time frame alone would not be enough. This is more than confirmation that we can forget about 31 of July scenario - the date, we have last time heard about when they were asking for final payments.

"We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or for indirect or consequential loss suffered by you whether as a result of any breach of these terms by us or as a result of our negligence."

So the deal is literally: give us your money and we are not responsible for anything, even if we f...up badly. By the way - the T&C concerns only you - our customer. Ciao! Smiley

These accountants are poor at math, I don't know how apt they are to even run a business.  orders placed after July1st <-- first month in the 3rd quarter, we hope shipping will start in the second or...Huh?  How the hell can they even post that as a term.  Why even bother putting second quarter in there.  Just leave the damn 2Q off already.  People already know you failed to get it out in the 2nd Quarter.  They will be lucky if the get their vipers in the 3rd quarter since you hope to get it out then.  So Oct 1st we will be here still waiting on Vipers..
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:55:13 PM

Here is how it will probably work.  

Worst Case scenario (most likely at this point.)
  • 1 week ultimatum to make a final payment
  • if they do not get enough funds, they will offer up a second ultimatum for final payment, they really mean it this time.
  • Big discounts on remaining batch 1 units.  All those cancelled orders, and orders that are not completed.
  • 3 weeks from now, they go bankrupt because they do not have the funds to get ships and assemble units.

Best Case scenario (rainbow farting unicorns)
  • They get the funds to complete Drexel payment in 1 week
  • 2 weeks from now they get delivery of the chips.  It is August 1st at this point
  • At the same time get get cases and boards
  • They hand assemble everything because they cannot afford a factory to build the units.  Yes a bunch of accountants will be working day and night putting chips on boards and putting them in cases and shipping them out.
  • 5 unskilled laborers adding chips to PCBs.  They will be lucky to get 10 vipers done a day.
  • August 15th - 70 vipers shipped
  • August 25th - 70 vipers shipped, first 70 vipers stuck in customs
  • Sept 5th - second batch of vipers stuck in customs, first 70 vipers released from customs.
  • Sept 15th - first 70 vipers delivered. second 70 vipers released from customs.
  • Sept 25th - first customers complain about overheating, hardware nounce errors, poor hashrates, immediately get banned from AT forums.
  • Oct 5th - Fiaz stops assembling duties and focuses 24 hours a day on banning disgruntled customers and deleting posts.  Fiaz says that they only guaranteed 5MHs minimum and that the recent upgrades were best case scenario hashrates.
  • Oct 15th - Fiaz changes terms and conditions hardware warranty to 10 days limited.

I like how Alpha Technology is taking the high road scenario.  LOL.  This is going to end badly.  Oh very badly....

At least they gave a 2 week ultimatum and not one week.  THeir hearts are not that cold.  Or are they just greedy.
Meanotor

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:22:20 AM

Ok guys here we go I spoke with the CC company and they said What? you are going to provide Them with your credit card information? Don't do it. The CC company was very happy that the 30% was done via PayPal because in this case the CC details are hidden from Shit Technology, but if now they have the credit card details themselves then better cancel this card immediately.
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:55:42 AM

I think the quickest way to the bottom of this is to go after the people that have the most to lose; Dexcel Electronics Design. They have been touted as partners in all of this, their name has been traded on to secure orders. They did have an official announcement of their partnership on their corporate site. They are therefore part and parcel of this regardless of the status today.

A formal solicitor's letter sent via registered mail to them at their HQ will answer everything in a heartbeat. Yes, we are making the chips, no our relationship ended two months ago. You can be rest assured that they do not wish to be part of a highly publicized lawsuit involving deadbeat partners they were once signed with. Bad reputation in the highly volatile ASIC design market can kill a company overnight.

Full and complete details of all their branches and main offices

http://dexceldesigns.com/contact_us.html

If someone is in India or even Singapore a quiet visit to their offices and a quiet sit down with anyone in charge, they will find out what is truly going on. Even if there is an NDA in place a carefully crafted series of questions about all of this can secure the desired results. This best left up to a solicitor's letter or phone call.

Meanotor

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:08:58 AM

Sorry to disappoint your enthusiasm but Dexel design might have installed an email filter, anything related to this goes immediately to their junk.

Like you said, solicitor's letter would be required but a solicitor will never send a letter to them, your relationship is with AT. You can in a long shot hold Dexcel Designs jointly liable with AT but that needs too much work and no need to go there unless the money is in Dexel's pockets and no where else.

Let's stay focused on the real criminal.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:14:29 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 08:41:45 AM by Searing

Anyone with the belief that these guys will a) ship anything that works and b) before the titans have shipped is now sadly deluded!

The catch is I have a Titan coming but would have stuck to my agreement with them if they would have at LEAST tried to keep us informed...aware of the
difficulties they had....and acted like adults....then in hindsight with not everything going there way only screw the customers...INTENT on their part would have
been a consideration and I would have stuck to the agreement even if they would have not shipped in the july 15th to aug 1st deadline

which probably would have meant I would not have made ROI on the unit anyway on when the Titans will 'likely' ship on august etc

Intent means a great deal to me...a lot of my stuff with ISP's equip etc back in the day was done on a handshake...but these guys with the twisting
of the TOS and other games etc and let the customer take all the risk...well ...I bailed if after equip depreciation /or loss or whatever it is called
on the 667 if even after tax relief from that I lost say $450 bucks so be it ..no prototype no info....no class........ alpha shows no hope of me shooting
another 1,700 usd their way...I'll take my chances with amex and/or eat the loss (life lessons suck)

and hey the Titan 1st order I get the rumor is it will likely come as 350mh rather then 300mh so hell would have made real sense for me to bail
even under circumstances where alpha treated us like adults and kept us informed and no games.....I would have paid the $1700 and said
what they heck they fought the good fight and would have at least had some confidence on perhaps the 2nd batch units etc

But this kinda my way /highway/ban crap etc etc ..well they can eat my shorts....I will do just fine....but they could have 'played' these
situations in a different manner

this may be naive but a simple 'we can't make our deadline but for those putting 30% down on the units we take responsibility for our missed
deadlines and unless we want to bankrupt the company due to this delay ...we can't give refunds...however we will allow your to take
your 30% down payment and apply it to future 'discounted' in price units (due to delays)  as we get the units out or apply it with the 10% perk
and other first batch perks we promised for our 2nd batch units..we hope you will reconsider and understand our position on no refunds due
to these dire circumstances....

now what would not be ideal but depending on how they treated us like adults etc and they too took some responsibility etc I would then say
hey I signed the TOS I'll take my hit too....but not enough faith in themselves/the company/the product the customers to keep us informed
in an adult manner ...and give us choices...which may have been painful  for both us and alpha but at least some options with us involved
could have in my view been addressed/considered

instead amateur hour

So yeah even if my fantasy above or something like it was true...and I still shoulda/coulda bailed now because I have a Titan on order
likely arriving in time enough to mess up my alpha vyper's ROI  even if they were shipping on time.

But...I would have been responsible and ate the loss if any. if again they had treated us like adults and the INTENT was true even if the effort failed.

But if they don't want to take responsibility for their lack of a prototype...TOS changes....delays/ deadlines missed...they can rant all they want
it is not the customers fault for the pre-order 30% down mess and they say 'we want to keep all your $$$ on such with no risk
...all of this is on their heads...there was/is a way to work thru this and help the customers and or keep them under situations like this ...
they chose not to even give such options a chance....even under their likely current limitations given their likely cash flow problems

again the above i mention is just a 'speculative fantasy in a perfect world on my part' on how something like that could work?
...but they never even tried something like that straight to stick it to the consumer on their mistakes...bend everything to their
way....let consumer hold the bag on all the risk.

anyway my 2c on all this ...at least in re-reading the above it is a hell of alot more clear why I got banned from alpha forums...
sensible solutions also is risky...from alpha's point of view it is a lot less risky to just take the $$ they can and run....'hoping' they don't go bankrupt.

frigging sad

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Phorna

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:31:12 AM

I think the quickest way to the bottom of this is to go after the people that have the most to lose; Dexcel Electronics Design. They have been touted as partners in all of this, their name has been traded on to secure orders. They did have an official announcement of their partnership on their corporate site. They are therefore part and parcel of this regardless of the status today.

Dexcel has nothing to do with the chip production. They don't have Alpha's chips on stock nor in production. They have only designed the chips. Global Foundries is suppose to produce the chips.
Jonasch

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:56:52 AM

I ordered the 250Mh/s Viper at the beginning of January. I paid by wire transfer. My order status never changed from "Hold".
I never received answers by email until now, where they ask for proof of the wire, claiming they did not get it. This is ridiculous since I put the order number and date into the wire reference field.
So now I sent them the wire transfer confirmation and they don't reply again. With the order status on "Hold" I am not even able to make any further payment, because I don't get to see an invoice when I log on to their site.
maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:24:59 AM

Just logged in to their website, to see what deadline they give now for final payment. There is no deadline stated, but what I do see is that it is still NOT POSSIBLE to pay by creditcard.

So, I don't know whether they just added 'fake' creditcard payments? Or actually never added it at all.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
Phorna

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:40:51 AM

Just logged in to their website, to see what deadline they give now for final payment. There is no deadline stated, but what I do see is that it is still NOT POSSIBLE to pay by creditcard.

So, I don't know whether they just added 'fake' creditcard payments? Or actually never added it at all.

Well, we can not exclude the possibility that some of the "happy" customers on their forum are Fiaz et consortes actually. They spend much more time deleting the posts and supervising the forum than on actual product development.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:49:27 AM

When I try to objectively read through all the comments here from people who seem like they are Alpha-T customers, I see a repeating pattern … good people having a hard time coming to terms with the idea that there are people in this world who will blatantly lie to you and manipulate you for profit. Acknowledging that there are people in this world who want to take what you have and will use any means possible to succeed is hard for good people. Acknowledging that not all people are good is hard for good people.

These kind of people not only take your money, they also take your faith in the goodness of human nature.

I am not going to say that Alpha-T have been lying to their customers, or scamming their customers, or anything else negative about Alpha-T because I don't know that to be true and there is always the chance, however slim, that they are just poor at communication or bad at execution or any number of other possible reasons for not having a prototype to show 2 days after their stated project end.

But when I see that carrot (increase in power, promises that the project is doing well and is on time, improved chip performance numbers, etc) dangling in the air all the way to the end (credit card payment facilities finally up, 2 week to pay or else) I am left with the feeling that something is going on here that isn't right.

And somebody with the authority to investigate the facts needs to start investigating ASAP.

Good Post!!

it does hurt us good guys when we're surrounded by the absolute scum of the earth.

its the lies more than anything, smiling and promising it all - knowing full well that its all BS & they not only think we're stupid but go all out to make us think we are stupid too...

the doubting your sanity kind of abuse...

the really sad part is that some of the guys here have brought it upon themselves, more talk and less thinking etc.

like that guy who wont stop repeating himself...

and that other guy who mocks others and fails to see the irony when he himself gets bitten..

and the various scams that they involve themselves in/around
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: