Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:41:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529007 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:13:00 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 10:33:41 AM by Searing

I ordered the 250Mh/s Viper at the beginning of January. I paid by wire transfer. My order status never changed from "Hold".
I never received answers by email until now, where they ask for proof of the wire, claiming they did not get it. This is ridiculous since I put the order number and date into the wire reference field.
So now I sent them the wire transfer confirmation and they don't reply again. With the order status on "Hold" I am not even able to make any further payment, because I don't get to see an invoice when I log on to their site.

you should go to the bank and reverse the wire xfer using their email as an example they did not get it
then imho run for the hills with the cash

Searing

Just logged in to their website, to see what deadline they give now for final payment. There is no deadline stated, but what I do see is that it is still NOT POSSIBLE to pay by creditcard.

So, I don't know whether they just added 'fake' creditcard payments? Or actually never added it at all.

I know amex is still investigating them...perhaps they contacted alpha's bank...I told them they only started taking cc again the day I called
this after my 30% refund was ..now that it was 5 months past I could not get refunded..and viola cc is again offered

I asked if I should pay the full amount and then ask for a 100% amex refund in that the product was not shipped yet...as a reply I had an amex rep
tell me they could not recommend me paying for an amex product (the last 70%) from an amex merchant (alpha) from me an amex customer...we both laughed
at that right after she said it..you don't hear that from a cc rep very often I bet...also alpha could kill this bank related cc account anytime.....or at least the bank (alpha) in that because
it was thru the bank and not amex nor paypal say directly...they could simply stop cc payments at any time by canceling such with their bank

Thru the current setup...if cc companies start to ask for $$$ back or so the rep continued to say..ie get all the $$$ they could on rest of orders..then cancellations are tried
thru cc company pull the tap so the cc companies can't get the $$$ back..should people try reversals..slick scam

amex rep was not pleased at this 30% vaporware as she put it on non delivery of a product games etc..really did not like the 'we are a business we
don't have to refund from alpha." ....and again (this time I asked) she did have web access and looked at the TOS on the site....again at least I am
making amex reps annoyed at alpha on a regular basis ..hopefully the amex dispute dept feels the same..

Anyway amex  may have contacted the bank and used the links of the TOS I sent them and got them cut off again?
or more cc money was  trying to flow out via the cc option on the 30% refunds then was flowing in..thus alpha canned cc option promptly
hope it is a cancellation of cc option cause they have been found out to be slimy.. ...would serve them right
I sure hope this is the case maybe we would get some real info on what is going on vs just shut up and pay from alpha

WTF I have no idea ..it is like a 'sped up' timewise of the BFL scam.....same noises different product..and it is customer's responsibility on all $$$ loss
on their failed timeline/product/etc...sh*t they have no chips no timeline no prototype and the chip mnfg they use to make them has been in the past
(TMC the big one I think it is called) has for the most part (at least with bfl) been very very late

does not look good for those who have paid in full or even us partial payment guys/gals

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nemisan

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:16:44 AM

STOP TO BUY PRE ORDER PLEASE  Roll Eyes
All this compagnys are big scammers.
The only thing you can trust is trading witch bitcoin, i have started on novemver 2013 witch 5000 € en now mi 5000 € are 27 000 €, fuck mining compagnis.
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:24:55 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 12:39:04 PM by Phorna

"We are aware an update is over due and we do apologize for this, yes I am going to say as soon as it's ready simply because we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver. I wish I could give it you now but this is all I can tell you right now.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:39:04 PM by Fiaz Malik »"

So they still don't know a thing. Not about the product but even about the possibility of an update. This is 14 days before their "worst scenario" dispatch date.

"Re: Creditcard payment fail?

« Reply #35 on: Today at 12:25:53 PM »
It is currently disabled, we apologize for any inconvenience and will try to fix it as soon as possible."

CC processor is off, clock is ticking.

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:26:29 PM

This is what Fiaz posted today: https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=788.msg5170#new

Re: Where is our update?

Quote from: Nexus on Today at 12:40:46 AM
this is seriously getting annoying. Where is our update?

Fiaz Malik
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:33:46 PM »
We are aware an update is over due and we do apologize for this, yes I am going to say as soon as it's ready simply because we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver. I wish I could give it you now but this is all I can tell you right now.

This company is so incompetent they can't even promise an update let alone a shipping date. Yet people are actually giving these idiots money???
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:27:45 PM

This is what Fiaz posted today: https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=788.msg5170#new

Re: Where is our update?

Quote from: Nexus on Today at 12:40:46 AM
this is seriously getting annoying. Where is our update?

Fiaz Malik
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:33:46 PM »
We are aware an update is over due and we do apologize for this, yes I am going to say as soon as it's ready simply because we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver. I wish I could give it you now but this is all I can tell you right now.

This company is so incompetent they can't even promise an update let alone a shipping date. Yet people are actually giving these idiots money???

I think they're in trouble, and for whatever reason are unable to produce the units.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:36:54 PM

Have sent a formal complaint to the Citizens Advice Bureau and sent all documents I have to them and my CC company, let's see where this goes shall we?
Phorna

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:43:18 PM

we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver.

That's a good one! Soon™
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:01:21 PM

Their credit processing system has been revoked apparently? Well that bodes well.

Fiaz is supposed to be customer relations right? He should be an administrator of the forum as well, he should simply be a staff member. Of course that's just a side note at this point.

Phorna

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:12:43 PM

I wonder why people keep asking when there will be the delivery instead of asking why there will be no dispatch in July. They can answer that i presume.
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:20:49 PM

If you cannot operate a run-of-the-mill credit card operation, what hopes is there in running a highly sophisticated ASIC product manufacturing operation?  It all comes back to that filthy hovel they call an office, zero pride in workmanship, filthy street right outside its door, dilapidated crooked signage, flaking fading paint. Pull up your socks and shine your shoes man. This is all a reflection of you.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:22:19 PM

I wonder why people keep asking when will be the delivery instead of asking why there will be no dispatch in July. They can answer that i presume.

People need to simply report these people to every applicable authority. Period. Flush them out.

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:03:19 PM

"We are aware an update is over due and we do apologize for this, yes I am going to say as soon as it's ready simply because we do not want to set expectations for an exact date and not deliver. I wish I could give it you now but this is all I can tell you right now.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:39:04 PM by Fiaz Malik »"

So they still don't know nothing. Not about the product but even about the possibility of an update. This is 14 days before their "worst scenario" dispatch date.

"Re: Creditcard payment fail?

« Reply #35 on: Today at 12:25:53 PM »
It is currently disabled, we apologize for any inconvenience and will try to fix it as soon as possible."

CC processor is off, clock is ticking.

Reading between the absolutely huge red painted lines of their new T&Cs. They HOPE to ship in Q3 + 90days:
"We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014.
Shipping will commence as soon as possible after your payment has been received. We do our best to get the hardware to you within the shortest amount of time possible. Due to the very high volume of orders we experience and limited hardware availability, we may encounter delays. Non the less, we will do our utmost best to ensure you will always receive your product within 90 days."

They have also removed the 30% deposit and now want the full amount. They are not allowing refunds after the unit has shipped, once again breaking the law. To top it off they haven't even dropped the prices to make them competitive with the current offerings.

Cancellation & Refund Policy

You may cancel your order at any time before shipment. Once the equipment has been shipped, it is no longer to possible to cancel your order and/or request a refund. Should you encounter a problem with your product, please see the warranty section for more information regarding warranty on our products.

So you might not see you product for 6 months or more, you cannot return it if its a POS, its vastly more expensive than anything else and you now have to pay 100% up front. Apart from the fact that the Vipers have a time machine that can transport you back to Q2, I can't see why any new customer would buy from them, especially with the other companies out there. These guys are a joke.

I'm almost sorry I didn't pre-order, as me and my ex bouncer brother would be camped outside their door with a rubber hose and a tube of KY by now. I think this is the death knell for Alpha, they are trying get as much money as they can before people realise they're screwed and they shut the doors and piss off to Bangalore. All aboard the refund merry-go-round.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

From Fiaz in the Alpha-T forum: https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=766.25

"Please stay on topic. This thread is for issues related to paying not for deadline questions."

What a prat !

Looks like a bunch of lemmings customers are trying really hard to walk off the edge of a cliff over there right now ...
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 02:18:09 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 03:13:38 PM by s1gs3gv

Another good laugh from the Alpha-T forum

In the thread https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=770.0 (Screen shots of working unit)

User blumatrix asks:
Anyone have an idea why all the discussion "announcements" disappeared?
I'm really scared to put more money in something i cannot see in any way, at the beginning we trusted a project, the idea, but now the machine must be ready, (except the chips) why is a problem to show all the hardware as it is right now?

Fiaz says:
I move them to the Viper section once they become old and a new one is put in its place, I have been doing this from the start.

Notice how Fiaz ignores the second part of the question. Most of the posts over there read like the customers are intimidated and afraid to be seen to be critical or doubting of Alpha-T lest they get banned by mighty Fiaz and his remorseless ban hammer.

The thread continues:

User chillifinger asks:
"Fiaz - Why can we only get answers to trivial questions about forum admin and not about anything to do with the reason we are all here - Information on our hardware?"

No reply from Fiaz … no doubt he is now in a meeting with the Moss Side office of the firm of solicitors ADLE Ltd. (Artful dodges, lies and equivocations) planning their escape route.

On the other hand, maybe they will announce they are shipping an upgraded 750mhs Viper on Monday to all their customers …

In another thread (https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=756.0, Global Foundries, what is the status ?)

User Biffthegerbil asks:
Are the chips ready yet?

User Phzi later comments :
If the chips were completed and just needed to big shipped from the foundary, they would have said so.
Why it's so hard for Alpha to give us some real answers like when the chips are scheduled to ship, is beyond me.
The silence is deafening.

No answer from Fiaz. The thread is over a week old.

Does anyone notice a pattern here ?
Phorna

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:45:36 PM

On the other hand, maybe they will announce they are shipping an upgraded 750mhs Viper on Monday to all their customers …

No need for such a clause.   Wink

It would be highly illogical to go for such a drama and suspense losing so many customers along the way.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 02:54:21 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 03:30:51 PM by s1gs3gv

I think this is the death knell for Alpha, they are trying get as much money as they can before people realise they're screwed and they shut the doors and piss off to Bangalore.

Malik means 'King' in Arabic. The Malik clan hails from Punjab and Gujarat. Bangalore is in Karnataka. A lot of them moved to Karachi after Independence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik

Akram is also an Arabic surname. It means 'Most Generous'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akram
Phorna

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:58:40 PM

Fiaz diary 22 May ad 2014

We’re happy to inform you that development is finalizing and we are on track for shipment in July. We will soon™ receive our chips at which time we will have finished up on development and can begin assembling the devices.
Therefore, it is now time to collect the remainder of the funds for your order(s).

[...]

A reminder of the benefits of being a batch 1 customer: Being able to order first as well as free shipping for batch 2, 10% off any future batch of your choice and free cloud hashing from our cloud mining service (we are not ready to release details yet but know that the reason behind this is to match potential competition).

Enchantments of the past.
Phorna

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:56:00 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 09:24:48 PM by Phorna

Doctor from Alpha forum.

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=792.0

"In Alpha's case, that does not seem to be the scenario though. (Well... Other than getting a lot of hate; the self-fulfilling prophecy won't be hitting Alpha.)
There's some flexible options thanks to the awesome partners, and Alpha has (as far as I know from what I've been able to see) paid for some highly crucial parts out of their own pockets. It could make quite a loss when the final product is ready and not enough people finalize their order as agreed per the terms: but the miners will still be there anyway, and people who did pay in full as per the terms will most certainly receive 'em. (And then orders can be opened up to mitigate the initial losses by filling 'em up with new clients, I guess.)"

Another lie as Fiaz stated previously that 70% of the orders is fully paid! So they want to convince everyone this is not enough to show working prototype or at least some components? That does not make any sense. There is much more bs in this post but everyone can read and draw the right conclusions.
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:33:55 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 09:50:14 PM by bumface

Doctor from Alpha forum.

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=792.0

"In Alpha's case, that does not seem to be the scenario though. (Well... Other than getting a lot of hate; the self-fulfilling prophecy won't be hitting Alpha.)
There's some flexible options thanks to the awesome partners, and Alpha has (as far as I know from what I've been able to see) paid for some highly crucial parts out of their own pockets. It could make quite a loss when the final product is ready and not enough people finalize their order as agreed per the terms: but the miners will still be there anyway, and people who did pay in full as per the terms will most certainly receive 'em. (And then orders can be opened up to mitigate the initial losses by filling 'em up with new clients, I guess.)"

Another lie as Fiaz stated previously that 70% of the orders is fully paid! So they want to convince everyone this is not enough to show working prototype or at least some components? That does not make any sense. There is much more bs in this post but everyone can read and draw the right conclusions.

i dont agree and that post is actually reasuring me.It shows me somebody is taking us seriously and is doing his best to make things happen

This is for everybody and not specificly for you:

I have said this on multiple ocasions: dont call them a scam until the shipping date has passed (and then some).

There might be some complication that we dont know about, but the crypto community uses thew word scam way way way to quickly.When i made Ultracoin i was also attacked by a legion of trolls and it drove me nuts, and my intentions were good.

And he is actually right, all these people shouting stuff is turning credit card processors away.its a circle.....

there have been some wrong choices like banning people and stuff but that is no  basis to call it a scam.Lets just give them more time. i am in a hole for the big unit which is 10000 dollar and i cant loose it.Let`s be patient.

they have always said Q3 and anybody thathas fingers can see that that is between juli august september, that has not passed.

there is a thing called auto suggestion,if you look under every rock for a scam, then all you will see are "bad omens that its a scam".

but the truth is nobody can know if its a scam until 1 oktober

Phorna

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:50:57 PM

i dont agree and that post is actually reasuring me.

This is for everybody and not specificly for you:

I have said this on multiple ocasions: dont call them a scam until the shipping date has passed (and then some).

There might be some complication that we dont know about, but the crypto community uses thew word scam way way way to quickly.

And he is actually right, all these people shouting stuff is turning credit card processors away.its a circle.....

there have been some wrong choices like banning people and stuff but that is no  basis to call it a scam.Lets just give them more time. i am in a hole for the big unit which is 10000 dollar and i cant loose it.Let`s be patient.

they have always said Q3 and anybody thathas fingers can see that that is between juli august september, that has not passed

That's good. I don't think they are scam. Simply some things went wrong and their main problem is lack of open communication. They started to lie, hide the truth and that is unacceptable. I do believe you will possibly get your miner - we just don't know when and who will be the manufacturer. It is also not acceptable to refer to T&C where only customers have obligations and Alpha has only hopes and disclaimers releasing them from any, even intentional negligence.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: