Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:46:22 AM

Below is a great site about one guys experience using Money Claim Online. (https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome)

http://www.howtotakesomeonetocourt.info/joomla/

If your claim is under £10,000 it can be heard in absentia. Although you must state this is how you wish to proceed in your claim. Once the claim is made, Alpha will be notified within 2 working days and will have 14 days to respond. If they do not dispute the case, or respond you will be awarded a judgement by default and Alpha will be ordered to pay you in full.

If Alpha choose to dispute the claim they will also be saddled with court costs WHEN they lose. These will be substantial on multiple claims. I would suggest you coordinate your claims so Alpha are bombarded with many claims at once.

Your case, if you are a consumer should be based on the UK Distance Selling Regulations but you should also build a case for breach of contract if Alpha do not deliver by the 31st July (10 weeks after final payment was asked for) and because they have not notified their customers of the exact shipping date, as stated in their contract. Also you could also make a case for them not supplying "frequent" updates with videos/images, as this was also in their contract.

If you are a business you are not covered by the DSR so your case will have to be built around breach of contract.

I would suggest all claimants communicate and coordinate via PM as Fiaz monitors this site.

Or you could just sidestep the courts and unleash the debt collectors on to them. Cost: 15% of recovered funds. No win no fee.

http://www.debt-collection-service.co.uk/#

I don't know how effective these guys are but they might be worth a try.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:22:30 AM

I would suggest all claimants communicate and coordinate via PM as Fiaz monitors this site.
Good... hopefully Fiaz gets how screwed they are if they don't produce something this month.

My suggestions: baring a miracle, EVERYONE file in small claims on Aug 1st.
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:09:41 AM

Below is a great site about one guys experience using Money Claim Online. (https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome)

If your claim is under £10,000 it can be heard in absentia. Although you must state this is how you wish to proceed in your claim. Once the claim is made, Alpha will be notified within 2 working days and will have 14 days to respond. If they do not dispute the case, or respond you will be awarded a judgement by default and Alpha will be ordered to pay you in full.

If Alpha choose to dispute the claim they will also be saddled with court costs WHEN they lose. These will be substantial on multiple claims. I would suggest you coordinate your claims so Alpha are bombarded with many claims at once.

Your case, if you are a consumer should be based on the UK Distance Selling Regulations but you should also build a case for breach of contract if Alpha do not deliver by the 31st July (10 weeks after final payment was asked for) and because they have not notified their customers of the exact shipping date, as stated in their contract. Also you could also make a case for them not supplying "frequent" updates with videos/images, as this was also in their contract.

If you are a business you are not covered by the DSR so your case will have to be built around breach of contract.

Or you could just sidestep the courts and unleash the debt collectors on to them. Cost: 15% of recovered funds. No win no fee.

I paid the 185 pounds or euros or whatever. This company has to be exposed.

They cannot continue to work under the facade that is a lie.

I simply asked for a refund, and got banned. Actually, when I got banned I simply asked would they pay back the btc, or equivalent, because I was sure they cashed in. Most companies do.

Thank you so much friend. Yes I spent more, but I hold true to my 20% charity donation... once I see it, I will send to your choice.
Meanotor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:33:52 AM

I will be using the debt collector on 1 Sep
hallo_frosch

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:55:46 AM

Nice find. I thought they had used US law as a basis for their claims. Nice to see the proof. Basically their newly qualified rookie accountant brother,  did a bit of reading up on cryptos, jumped to some conclusions added 2+2 together to get 5 and they decided to pretend this "advice" was given to them by a "leading UK law firm" (I bet they won't tell us the name of this firm).

Kind of typical from the same family of accountants that forgot to add VAT to their prices and still think they can ship in Q2 after July 1st  Roll Eyes

I´m pretty shure it was the most honorable Societe Grabit & Run
jrose120

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:58:07 AM

For those of you that were banned from the Alpha site,  here is the complete post from the Doctor.

On credit card processing and a personal note... 

« on: July 18, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »

The problem in this case pretty much is that the cryptocommunity seems to be like a self-fulfilling prophecy, potentially causing the issues they're so afraid and nearly forcing it upon themselves.
On a variety of sites, all scrypt mining corps have been burned down, pretty much every single one of them is being labeled as "a scam", even while all contracts are still perfectly and strictly being adhered to. (At least, in terms of Alpha. I don't really know how well other miner manufacturers are adhering to their contracts...)

- The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come true. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

I wish I had read this part earlier. I admit I watch too much TV. One of my favorite shows lately is "CNBC American Greed". I've watched every episode and I'm always amazed at how these clowns are able to get their hands on huge amounts of money and treat it like it's petty cash. I laughed to myself at the end of one of their last episodes. The show sometimes is able to interview the criminals from behind bars via a phone interview. The one thing they always say, even after they're in bars is, "It was the (insert regulatory organizations) fault, and they are the ones that brought it all crashing down. We had a plan to make things right but the (insert regulatory organization) stepped in and that's how the money was lost". In this case the organization that's bringing things crashing down is the "cryptocommunity".

It's time to organize! The writing is all over the walls. You aren't being paranoid and you deserve to be provided with meaningful updates with respect to what's happening with your money. You have strength in numbers!

Most reputable law firms will take a case on contingency. If they lose, they don't get paid. If they win they can keep as much as 33%. That's just the way it works. You need to organize yourselves. It could be as simple as someone starting a Google document that people can go to and add their personal info regarding Alhpa-T. If you get even 100 people organized I think that you would be ready to start shopping for a law firm to take the case. You can always add people to the case as it develops. If done correctly no one will have to send anymore money to anyone for anything. I think that small claims court is also a good choice, and again I would advise that you organize and hit them all on the same day.

If things are as bad as some of us fear. This is a race to get Alpha-T's assets frozen, assuming they have assets to freeze at this point. It could already be in an offshore bank, or they could simply cry bankruptcy.

Stop playing nice and grow up already. The gloves are off. Do you want your money? Now, someone who is in the UK, and is well spoken should be the face for the group of victims. I know there has already been some excellent information provided in previous posts about how to navigate the UK's legal system. If Alpha-T is uncooperative then there will be delay tactics and false promises made in order to slow the process down. That's why you need to start now.

DISCLAIMER: I was broke when Alpha-T was taking pre-orders and I've been watching this from the side lines. I haven't been through the emotional roller coaster the way you folks have been. I have no money invested with them, but I have friends that are in the hole for as much as 100k.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:52:21 AM

ShootEmMoore just posted this. I thought I'd grab it before it got deleted.

ShootEmMoore
Customer

group trip to manchester

« on: Today at 01:47:18 AM »

Thinking of planning a group trip to manchester. If they arent giving infomation, they might in person.

Who knows, we probs walk in on the midway through packing for their runaway.
Even one of their most vocal supporters is turning against them. The peasants are revolting!

What make you think they are in Manchester ? My guess is they split back to the asian subcontinent a while ago.

yep that would be my guess...at least until the bankruptcy is full speed ahead....once that has legs they could probably show their face
back in UK until that point...all them 'pesky' process servers/etc  ...best to take a long...vacation on the asian  subcontinent at least
till the bankruptcy hub bub died down....(man if crashed and burned like this in the UK I would SO run back to the states....)

wtfdik ...just saying

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:12:22 AM

I think the way to get results is to go for the jugular; these characters are effectively interfering with our livelihood now. Holding onto our funds, not providing answers, refusing refunds etc. The way to get to the bottom of this is to now start lodging complains with the Accountant Association in the UK. Any and all bodies that over see this profession. You have it in black and white an accountant in the firm proffering advice. He shall be on the hook for that. Start lodging complaints against the whole family. They certainly used their credentials  to sell everyone that they are on the up and up, well, let us put that to the test then.

Muhammad Akram
Mohammed Jafar Akram
M Akram & Co

http://www.acpa.org.uk/member-complaints/

http://www.ifac.org/about-ifac/membership/members/association-chartered-certified-accountants-acca
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:49:42 PM

Well the comments are starting to pick up quick. Looks like more people are coming out of the cracks, pretty angry at the company.

And *still* they have no excuse for what they've done.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:07:43 PM

Thanks again Retro72. Great information. I agree with you regarding the importance of that July 31st date.
I'll be watching it closely. Keep the great info coming.

I HIGHLY doubt AT will dispute the claim (maybe to delay things, but not to fight) as CLEARLY we are not businesses. That distance selling regulation seems key for many of us.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:08:46 PM

I have received a letter back from the UK Citizens Advice Bureau, it reads as follows.....

Dear *********,

Thank you for your e mail about case reference number CS *********

Thanks for updating us about your case.

Your rights and obligations
When you enter into a contract with a trader by means of a distance communication (telephone, internet, mail order etc.) you will often have cancellation rights under what is known as the Distance Selling Regulations. These state you are entitled to a written notice confirming the details of your order and the fact you have cancellation rights. If you have been given the notice at the time you place the order, your cancellation rights run from the time of order until  7 working days starting from the day after  you receive the goods. If you have not been provided with this written information, your cancellation rights are extended for up to 3 months and 7 working days. To cancel you must inform the trader of your intention, either by letter, email or fax - where you may ask for a full refund (including any delivery charges). The trader must provide this refund within thirty days. To be effective, your cancellation notice must be sent before the end of the cancellation period described above.

You will be able to withdraw from the order at any time for any reason for a refund as long as the goods are not customised in any way making them bespoke.

Criminal offence
If the trader is not allowing you to cancel as per this legislation then this could amount to a criminal offence.

Your next steps
At this stage it might be best to simply discuss the matter with the trader. However, if you are unable to reach an agreeable solution you could take a more formal approach and write. Your letter should outline all relevant events and make it clear both what action you expect from the trader, and why. It should also give the trader a reasonable time in which to respond to your claim(s), e.g. fourteen days.

In addition, sending your letter by “recorded delivery” will provide you with proof of posting; a signature on delivery and online confirmation of delivery.
The reason we suggest this, is just in case you and the trader fail to reach an amicable resolution.  Having a record of your correspondence, and confirmation of delivery, could help demonstrate how and when you attempted to resolve the dispute yourself, should you need to escalate your complaint. Furthermore, the trader would find it difficult to maintain that you have never actually raised a complaint with them if they have signed for your letter. This may be helpful if you consider Court action or some form of formal / managed dispute resolution in the future.

Alternatively, you may consider obtaining a Certificate of Posting - from the Post Office - when you post your letter. Although this does not prove delivery, it can help to show that you sent a letter, on a particular day, to a particular address.

What we’ll do
Due to the business practices described, we will be forwarding the information to Trading Standards for further consideration.  The case details will also be placed on a central database that can be accessed by all other Local Authority Trading Standards Services throughout the UK.

Although we work closely with Trading Standards departments, we are a separate organisation. Individual complaints do not necessarily lead to immediate enforcement action as, sometimes, numerous complaints are needed before effective action can take place.  The information is, however, valuable intelligence for Trading Standards Services and other Government departments. Trading Standards will only contact you if they need further information or feel they could be of further assistance. We cannot make any commitment that Trading Standards will definitely contact you.

If you want to discuss this further please call us on 03454 04 05 06 or reply to this e mail

Kind regards
Citizens Advice consumer service

Things are moving forward I hope.
retro72

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:27:50 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 01:49:42 PM by retro72

It looks like anderl's post struck a nerve. Once again Alpha sends out another non employee to express their "personal opinions", rather than Alpha posting themselves .

Politics & Society / Re: Cryptocurrency Tax Blog

« Last post by mjakram on Today at 12:31:20 PM »
Hey Guys

I know it has been a while since I have updated this blog, however I will be getting back to it sometime in August covering more areas of taxation which I have I have been researching on. I have been extremely busy with work with a couple of Client Company filing deadlines coming up at the end of July 2014.

A quick message. I have been receiving several messages on Facebook, and LinkedIn from customers and other individuals interested (more so over the last couple of day's) referring me personally in forums and on this blog asking for answers on certain issues.

I will answer the types of questions/accusations which have been put out about me which have been put out and answer them here (this is not representative of anything official from Alpha Technology and is my personal views and thoughts):

Q's) Why haven't we gotten an update in so long? What has happened, why aren't you updating us? Did something go wrong? Etc.

A) Firstly, I'd like to clarify as I stated in the blog above. I am not involved in or responsible for ANY of the operational side of Alpha Technology, therefore my guess to the answers to these questions was as good as yours.

I was previously employed on a part time basis (working on evenings and weekends), as accounts manager to help out with bookkeeping, liaising with external accountants and payroll.

I can confirm that I am currently not employed by Alpha Technology and neither am I receiving any type of remuneration or wages from the company. I am currently only carrying out payroll duties one day a month and liaising between Alpha Technology's Accountant’s and Alpha Technology, a couple of hours a quarter.

Back to the question above, I have spoken to an Alpha Technology employee with the questions raised to me, and he assured me that nothing has gone wrong, there is a short delay for various reasons (did not go into specifics), and a big update is soon to come.

I also raised some of the concerns that I have been receiving and my own concerns about this. However, I was assured that everything is going well and they are waiting on information from external parties before releasing an update.

Q) Your blog means your terms are illegal and you’re not complying with distance selling regulations (DSR)? Please explain? Did you use solicitors or did you make them up yourself? Did you use a solicitor from moss side?

A) I am an accountant and not a lawyer. I am not qualified to give legal advice and neither do alpha technology use me as legal adviser. The last time I checked, all of Alpha Technology’s legal situations were being dealt with a pretty well re-known international law firm which is not based in Moss Side (not that there is anything wrong with solicitors based in Moss Side, I am sure they are very competent) and I do know that quite large sums of money have been paid to this law firm (as I have seen invoices because used to do the book-keeping), in order to ensure everything is legally up to scratch. So I am guessing that all rules and regulations are being complied with, and I would be surprised and extremely concerned if they were intentionally not being complied with.

On another note, my blog is a “Tax Blog” and not a DSR or a Legal Blog, and as a professional I cannot and will not advice on any area that I am not qualified to do so in. However, I would like to make the following point; the issue of whether or not people are businesses is a much wider concept than that of trading. So just because the badges of trade fail from a tax perspective, doesn’t mean that they are not in business from a legal perspective. A very simple example is an investment company that buys securities and just takes income, is a business. So, people referring to the HMRC link in my blog, or using my blog to justify a complex legal concept and applying it to a situation, are wrong in doing so and completely out of their depth. Please, obtain advice from legal professionals who are qualified in this area of law and use their advice as a source and not some self-proclaimed “expert” on a forum.

I am no expert in this area, however, if this situation was as simple and straightforward as some of these self-proclaimed “experts” are suggesting in certain forums, which I have just had a skim read through, and for arguments sake Alpha Technology’s solicitors who are actually experts in this area were wrong or Alpha Technology misunderstood the advice, I am sure Trading Standards or any other regulatory body in charge of this would have forced Alpha Technology to change their terms to comply by now. I mean it has been 7 months or so since these terms went up. (Again, I am no expert and neither do I speak on behalf of Alpha Technology… Just my thoughts)

Q's/Accusations) Have you scammers, ran off to India? You terrorists, you are funding Al-Qaeda? I bet your driving around in a Ferrari right now, you criminal fraudsters /bas***/crooks. Etc.

A) I personally am disgusted at some of these accusations, racist comments, and childish internet bully-like behaviour. Albeit, the majority of the abuse is coming from people who are not customers, and want to sprout their hateful comments for reasons they only know.

On a personal note. When I was a part time employee/director of Alpha Technology I put in a lot of time and sacrificed a lot of my personal time, which I could have been spending with my family and friends, in carrying out accounting related duties for Alpha Technology. I asked to be paid a minimalist salary and was paid a salary which equated to less than UK minimum wage (I was only paid for 3 months work). Before that and after that any work I have been carrying out has been free of charge to Alpha Technology and at my own expense. Before Pre orders were taken, I loaned Alpha Technology several thousand pounds of my own personal money to help get the company started. As it stands, I have given Alpha Technology several thousand pounds more of my own money than I have received back to date from the company in any form.

The same can be said for the other employees of Alpha Technology. I do carry out payroll duties and I do know that they are getting paid very modest salaries equating to around the UK minimum wage mark. I also know for a fact that to date my brother (CEO of Alpha Technology) has also borrowed money from several family members and loaned the money to Alpha Technology and to date he has put in more money in the form of loans than he has been paid out in any form.

My father (the final Akram whose name is mentioned in Alpha Technology). Has to date received ZERO remuneration or salary or any form of monies from Alpha Technology and loaned my brother (CEO of Alpha Technology) several thousand pounds of his own money, which was then put into Alpha Technology.

It may surprise some of you but as it stands, these "scammers", "crooks" and what not are currently several thousand pounds less well-off now than they were Pre the existence of Alpha Technology, due to the savings that they have loaned to the company in helping start-up the business.

Anyhow, I and my father would be grateful if you did not contact us with your abuse, especially considering the as we currently have no operational duties or responsibilities with Alpha Technology, neither are we employees of Alpha Technology and when /if we are contracted by Alpha Technology to carry out any duties we carry them out free of charge and at our own expense.

I would also like to clarify that we are Accountants and currently run a business which takes up pretty much all of our working time, and we have never been and never were to be involved in any of Alpha Technology’s operations. Our intention was simply to provide basic accounting help and advice to help start up the company, until it came to a point that Alpha Technology were in a position to pass on these duties completely onto an external firm of accountants, which they have done so to an accounting firm which is currently ranked in the top 100 accounting firms in the UK Smiley. I am pretty comfortable knowing they are in good hands.

I, and my father currently have little to no involvement or knowledge of the operations of the business. That is not to say that we do not have an interest in the business, we rightly do so as so much of our personal money is in Alpha Technology, and we could potentially lose it all in the unlikely situation if things were to go wrong.

And just to clarify and to summarise, NO we are not driving around in Ferraris or going on exotic holidays or funding any terrorist organisation with yours or our money Smiley. YOUR money is being used to develop and manufacture YOUR product.

Concluding Comments

I am aware that the vast majority of the customers have been extremely courteous and patient. I also know that this business, especially considering it is a “pre-order” model would not have been a successful venture without those people who took a risk. I would personally like to thank every single customer for that.

Please also note, that the majority of the people who seem to be abusing and hating are NOT customers, and I have no interest in pleasing them or addressing them because I know, that no matter what I, or Alpha Technology, or anyone who is involved with Alpha Technology says or does, these people will just continue picking dirt and hating (whether what they say with so much conviction is correct or not is a completely different matter).

From what I have been told, I believe Alpha Technology is still ahead of many of the competitor companies they were originally being put up against as competition originally, in terms of where they are and I believe Alpha Technology has been more transparent than many of these other companies. I believe from what I have been told, that Alpha Technology is nearing the end of the project and a working prototype will be demonstrated very soon.

And again to clarify, none of what I have said here represents Alpha Technology or their views. I am purely stating my personal opinion as someone who also has put a lot of money in Alpha Technology, and is patiently waiting for the successful completion of this project to see my money back

I see he and his father are trying to distance themselves from Alpha. This is not a good sign. I find it interesting that after claiming to have invested thousands of pounds into Alpha, an "employee" wouldn't tell him, or he didn't care to know what the delays were.
I Also see he still has not disclosed this "international firm of solicitors" (just got an upgrade from a "leading UK firm") Presumably the same firm that wrote this typo ridden garbage:

"For clients whom have ordered before the 1st of July 2014, the terms at the time of your order are still in effect and will remain in being in effect. We will link them from within this document soon, so you may review them in the event you did not store a copy for your own use.

Shipping

We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014.
Shipping will commence as soon as possible after your payment has been received. We do our best to get the hardware to you within the shortest amount of time possible. Due to the very high volume of orders we experience and limited hardware availability, we may encounter delays. Non the less, we will do our utmost best to ensure you will always receive your product within 90 days."

If their comprehension of the law is as good as their grasp of time, spelling and grammar I can see why they got it so wrong.

I think the post above is correct. The accountants in the family who played a role in this should be reported to the CPAA. They are clearly trying to distance themselves from this mess so they at least survive with their careers in tact. But as employees of this enterprise, former or otherwise they should be held accountable. Let the CPAA decide if their part in this debacle deserves sanction or not.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:36:57 PM

Ok digging into this deeper I found how Alpha Technologies assumed that miners are businesses.  They don't have a legal attorney.  They themselves imposed the ruling and all based on what they think the future regulations minght be because of some interpretation they made from the US IRS rules  https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=503.0

I read the publication of this 'accountants guidance' a little differently than you do Anderl, perhaps its just my suspicious nature. This sounds awfully like  'If you cause problems for us with the authorities we will cause problems for you'  … combined with the implicit carrot 'We can help you with these problems … as a geeky tax guy I understand bitcoin regulations and there may be ways to mitigate your large liabilities'

…. carrot and stick IIRC

On the other hand it could just be well intended thoughtful generous free advice.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:50:29 PM

Anyhow, I and my father would be grateful if you did not contact us with your abuse, especially considering the as we currently have no operational duties or responsibilities with Alpha Technology, neither are we employees of Alpha Technology and when /if we are contracted by Alpha Technology to carry out any duties we carry them out free of charge and at our own expense.

Sounds to me like they are worried about a personal visit from unhappy customers …

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:54:42 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 02:05:32 PM by s1gs3gv

From what I have been told, I believe Alpha Technology is still ahead of many of the competitor companies they were originally being put up against as competition originally, in terms of where they are and I believe Alpha Technology has been more transparent than many of these other companies. I believe from what I have been told, that Alpha Technology is nearing the end of the project and a working prototype will be demonstrated very soon.

There is an easy out for Alpha-T from the building storm.

An officer of the company (not a relative who spends a whole page explaining that they are not responsible for all the problems which don't exist) needs to make an immediate public statement which:

1) re-instates banned customers to the AT forums

2) provides an honest and factual summary of any financial or other problems the company may be facing which is hindering its ability to deliver a working product on schedule

3) provides an honest and factual update on wafer production

4) provides an honest statement regarding product performance and shipping schedules

5) withdraws illegal restrictions on customer's rights to exercise their contractual rights to a refund

6) agrees to process any customer refunds in a timely manner
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:00:26 PM

For almost 3 months now, they've been unable to provide details, continue to say there are small delays for reasons they cannot explain, but keep telling folks that a big update is coming.

Hilarious. At least with BFL they provided some comedy along the way.

There is an easy out for Alpha-T from the building storm.

I agree, and AT must be delusional to believe they're ahead. Other companies are already shipping. KNC "should" be shipping in August. They already have their cases, supporting gear, support PCB's, etc. They began tapeout in.. May? I might be off, but there's no way AT is ahead of anyone. Talk about delusional.

They're becoming desperate to deceive people.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 05:36:53 PM

Alpha will not refund anything - see this:

Me:
Hello Alpha,
>
> I’ve cancelled my order and want my money back. Here are the rules
> you put on the web, It’s also screenshoted on many forums:
>
here is screenshot of https://alpha-t.net/terms-order/ where is not any word about 5 month and after that nothing is refunded
> Cancellation & Refund Policy
>
> You may cancel your order at any time before shipment. Once the
> equipment has been shipped, it is no longer to possible to cancel your
> order and/or request a refund. Should you encounter a problem with
> your product, please see the warranty section for more information
> regarding warranty on our products.
>
> Should you cancel your order, you agree that we are allowed to charge
> you with a £70 GBP administrative fee. We will deduct the
> administrative fee from the amount due to be refunded to you in
> accordance with the terms above before we process the refund. We may
> also deduct transaction fees from the to be refunded amount in the
> event that your payment method or credit card issuer does not support
> refunds, thereby forcing us to refund you in another manner.
>
> So I’m expecting 1565,- £ coming to my bank account.
>
> Please note me within one week when I can expect my money , thank you.
> Just one important information – my order number is xxxxx
> Maybe just one more:
> I am not a business customer because i dont have a company
> registration number, I dont have a tax number, I even wasnt asked for
> that kind of information at the moment i placed my order, a placement
> of an order on your website doesnt turn me into a business customer,
> im still an individual.

And their reply:
Hello there,

We are very sorry but as per our cancellation policy it has been longer
than 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer
eligible for a refund. We have been very clear and open with our terms
of order, it was released as a news update, it is easily available on
our website and you are urged to view it on the product page before you
order. Such regulations only apply to consumers and you are a business
customer with us. I can assure you that our legal matters are dealt with
by a leading law firm in the UK. Our terms of order are completely legal
in the UK. It was typed up by solicitors who specialize in this area of
law. They have advised us that all our customers will be legally classed
as businesses for many reasons, one being that the hardware we are
selling can only be used for mining cryptocurrencies which is a business
practice according to HMRC.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

...So, what now? What can I do? I'm not in UK, but Czech republic. What dou you suggest?

Received the same e mail from them, replied to this and waiting still for an answer or full refund.

retro72

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:44:04 PM

I should probably add for those who are not in the UK and are considering using Money claim online you will need a service address. This is an address in the UK where mail is sent, then forwarded on to you. Here is one such company, I have never used them so check them out yourselves but they do forward mail internationally and accept personal as well as business customers.

http://www.cityaddress.co.uk/index.html

Hope this helps
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:19:03 PM

This is painful but at least its over now. We can all move on and just write it off as a loss and another lesson learned  Embarrassed
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 06:57:42 PM

I will offer some simple advice...

google UK lawyers and contact one.

If you get 50% to 70% of your money back from a lawsuit you're ahead of the game because you can buy more right now with that 50% to 70% than your originally paid for.

hire an attorney.

I'm not a customer of theirs, but I've hired attornies on other countries in the past when I felt I was getting screwed.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: