Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:42:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:56:23 PM

If you're in the UK, I would advise visiting. Nobody has done that recently, at least that is publicly known.

Yea im surprised, dat UK customers dont visit them oO (and telling their story here on forums)

I was a UK customer but did get a refund (some time back).

I'm wondering whether perhaps they chose to refund UK customers knowing  that we are the ones which are more likely to turn up to their door and create havoc? If they kept us sweet, then they were highly unlikely to get any disgruntled offshore customers turn up due to costs and logistics.

Just a thought.

Was it a full refund?

It was as per their terms.

Any difference was an acceptable loss to my company.

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:09:04 PM

What I'm saying is, it doesn't look like you were scammed. You been here since January, ok. cool story bro. You've been sucking Alpha Technologies dick for 7 months already. Great. Thanks for letting me know. If you haven't been scammed, why are you wasting your time here honestly? Don't you have anything better to do? A wife to tend to? (or are you gay?) seriously. GTFO of this forum mate. The reason I'M here is because shipping is suppose to be NOW and I came here and what did I see? People flipping the shit out. I research more into this and wow. yea they are scam. Ever heard of the duck? If it quacks like one ..walks like one...whatever forget it..you know what I'm talking about. It doesn't take a genius (like you say you are) to know that they are a sham. You've wasted months on end only to come to a conclusion that they are a scam when I did in TWO WEEKS with NO UK laws AT HAND? Wow you must be a REAL genius. Anyways, you keep wasting your time here and throwing UK laws around this forum. Until I get my money back and these scumbags get thrown into jail, all your spewing is shit after shit after shit in my books. Keep doing it mate and waste your own time. You wanna know what I think? It's not worth it. Just leave.

See the funny thing is, I called this a long time ago. And didn't give them any money. What's that, you gave them money? That's unfortunate.

Your understandable anger, doesn't justify your outlash at people who are trying to help folks who have been hurt. Your diarrhea of the mouth is no more helpful than folks who are bloating the thread with long quotes or funny quips.

In other words, you're no different than the person you're complaining about.

Actually, there is a difference--you're acting like a jockstrap teenager pounding their chest making claims of death and destruction, while the other person is actually benefitting the public.

So why don't you actually make good on your threats, and head over to the UK and take care of business--or kindly say nothing unless it's helpful to everyone?

Grin

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:10:40 PM

lmfao. can't believe you fell for it. It's a shame you aren't fighting till the end. You shouldn't have given in. no no no sir.

Says the guy who gave them how many tens of thousands of dollars?

and oh btw bumface. Stop riding Alpha Technologies dick please. They've shown NOTHING that's of substance. All those bullshit they've spewed I can't believe you're taking in. Are you made of bullshit too? Like are the atoms in your body categorized as BULLSHIT? Because that's all I can think of why you're still riding their dick. The other reason is that you have Down Syndrome which, if you think about it, is actually a pretty plausible scenario.

This is why I was originally asking him why he was so skiddish out of nowhere. For like 40 pages he was pro Alpha Tech and waving the flag of belief, and then his next series of posts were ones completely out of pattern.

wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

If you're in the UK, I would advise visiting. Nobody has done that recently, at least that is publicly known.

Yea im surprised, dat UK customers dont visit them oO (and telling their story here on forums)

I was a UK customer but did get a refund (some time back).

I'm wondering whether perhaps they chose to refund UK customers knowing  that we are the ones which are more likely to turn up to their door and create havoc? If they kept us sweet, then they were highly unlikely to get any disgruntled offshore customers turn up due to costs and logistics.

Just a thought.

Was it a full refund?

It was as per their terms.

Any difference was an acceptable loss to my company.

Congrats. You fell into their trap. There was no product to begin with. They wanted you to give in and take that 70% refund. They were EXPECTING the free 30% that you gave them.

lmfao. can't believe you fell for it. It's a shame you aren't fighting till the end. You shouldn't have given in. no no no sir.

@Bulldozer.

Like I say for my business this was a no brainer, I could afford to make a small loss. I got the vast majority of my deposit back.

As I see it several thousand back a few months ago is better than nothing now.

Who's laughing now ?

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:21:15 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 06:33:04 PM by Slipknot79

hehe AT refers to http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm

Well, even HMRC stated, dat "1.Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received."

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:50:52 PM

Just noticed the email about September delivery.

Curious, since a bit of the gist of AT's argument against refunds is regarding their claim that customers are ALL businesses.
So, how many of you have Business Tax ID numbers and the like?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:52:27 PM

The amount of postings deletion on ATs board is unbelieveable at the moment. A lot of them just asking some critical questions.
I got banned too.
I think it's a good time to start to secure some evidence. Save news, official postings,...
If someone needs their original ToS from the first days the shop was opened, just let me know. They already changed some things during the time.
Due to the fact that this product is made on customers demand, customers have no cancelation or refund rights by EU law. Sold B2B or B2C doesn't matter. There is just one date they have to met to stay within their contract: delivery within Q3.
LTCagt

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:00:39 PM

The amount of postings deletion on ATs board is unbelieveable at the moment. A lot of them just asking some critical questions.
I got banned too.
I think it's a good time to start to secure some evidence. Save news, official postings,...
If someone needs their original ToS from the first days the shop was opened, just let me know. They already changed some things during the time.
Due to the fact that this product is made on customers demand, customers have no cancelation or refund rights by EU law. Sold B2B or B2C doesn't matter. Their is just one date they have to met to stay within their contract: delivery within Q3.

all done - and if this is fraud - and at this Point it Looks like - they will regret this
LTCagt

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:02:13 PM

does someone know how do they ban the People . by ip ?
eneloop
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:03:29 PM

Yep, IP. You can't even just read when you got banned.
Delete all cookies and look for a proxy.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 08:08:17 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 08:24:25 PM by Slipknot79

Due to the fact that this product is made on customers demand, customers have no cancelation or refund rights by EU law. Sold B2B or B2C doesn't matter. There is just one date they have to met to stay within their contract: delivery within Q3.

You mean, Intel sells his CPUs coz theres a customers demand, so no EU law apply on Intel CPUs?

Dont forget, AT viper units are mass products.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 08:17:54 PM

Just noticed the email about September delivery.

Curious, since a bit of the gist of AT's argument against refunds is regarding their claim that customers are ALL businesses.
So, how many of you have Business Tax ID numbers and the like?

This is one of the main arguments. We dont have any tax IDs, no company registrations numbers and shit like this. Most of us are individual and most of us bought as legal individual.
Dat also means, that the invoices of AT are illegal, for many reasons. Two of them: We are individuals and theres on IDs, reg numbers etc provided on the invoices. AT even didnt ask for dat, and they try to tout a individual to business relationship as business to business relationship.

You know when a company is trying to find loopholes in the law there is a serious problem going on. As far as the recent update about September delivery, I simply don't believe them anymore. They've cried wolf for far too long and it is time to throw them into jail.

Such fraud-companys invent new interpretations in words and law texts. Suddenly theres is a new meaning and it doesnt comply with the originally ideas of the text author. Such companies could be helped with dat lack of comprehension. Simply before a court.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:22:04 PM

AT makes this argument that you classify as a business because the miners can only be used to mine cryptocurrency.

If you can provably demonstrate that to be false, then it kind of destroys their entire legal claim, regardless of whether they think it's legal or not. The truth is, the only way to recover your money is going to be to either sell, or take legal action.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
eneloop
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:22:36 PM

You mean, Intel sells his CPUs coz theres a customers demand, so no EU law apply on Intel CPUs?
No.
A company offers a product which is built on customers demand (made especially for you). They wouldn't have built this product without asking for it.
I hope you understand what I mean...English is not my main language.
I'm looking for some english documents where this behavior is explained.
// This is the wright one I think: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer_to_Order

B2B is definitly a wrong argument because they had to make sure you are a real business customer when the order was placed.
Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:35:00 PM

No.
A company offers a product which is built on customers demand (made especially for you). They wouldn't have built this product without asking for it.
// This is the wright one I think: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer_to_Order

B2B is definitly a wrong argument because they had to make sure you are a real business customer when the order was placed.

The item is NOT custom built to YOUR specifications, there is NO personalisation to this unit that could / would stop them from selling it to another person, if it is personalised, i.e, has your own specs added to it (custom PC parts etc) or specific colour not normally available, has writting / engraving etc, then it is personalised, but as it stands, each one of these is either 50 or 250, all internal and external components are the same and no one has had it personalised to their own spec, it is as the manufacturer offered.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 08:37:10 PM

No.

The main thing is, i am an individual and i bought as individual. I am a legal individual, so AT has to treat me as individual.
The second thing is, the distance selling regulations do not set "goods" appart from "products made on demand". Both are goods, so both fall within the scope of DSR. <- have read Mikebeavers explanation on "products on demand", it sounds logically to me.

eneloop
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:40:55 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 08:58:18 PM by eneloop

The item is NOT custom built to YOUR specifications, there is NO personalisation to this unit that could / would stop them from selling it to another person, if it is personalised, i.e, has your own specs added to it (custom PC parts etc) or specific colour not normally available, has writting / engraving etc, then it is personalised, but as it stands, each one of these is either 50 or 250, all internal and external components are the same and no one has had it personalised to their own spec, it is as the manufacturer offered.
They wouldn't have built the unit without your order. -> They wouldn't have bought the materials to build it. What if the price drops within a short time -> manufactors issue? I don't think so.
"for the supply of goods which by means of their nature cannot be returned (e.g. personalised goods) or are likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly (e.g. dairy products);" -> it's "e.g." only
Maybe this applies to:
"for the supply of goods or services which are priced according to fluctuations in the financial market and cannot be controlled by the supplier;"

The main thing is, i am an individual and i bought as individual. I am a legal individual, so AT has to treat me as individual.
Correct, it's B2C definitly if you did not order as a company.

The second thing is, the distance selling regulations do not set "goods" appart from "products made on demand". Both are goods, so both fall within the scope of DSR.
Sorry but this is wrong at least within the EU.
LTCagt

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Yep, IP. You can't even just read when you got banned.
Delete all cookies and look for a proxy.

switching ip - easy as can be  Grin
Slipknot79
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

If there would exist any contract i entered, there should exist a paper with some blabla and with my and ATs signature. Cant remember to have seen such a paper.

B2B or B2C usually make contracts among themselves, but i cannot perceive such act.

Mikebeav3r

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:02:26 PM

They wouldn't have built the unit without your order. -> They wouldn't have bought the materials to build it. Everything else doesn't matter. My opinion.

I buy and sell stuff all the time for my job that I intend to sell, as do lots of shops and car dealers, it would be bloody stupid to make / buy something you didn't think would sell.
How do you think Ford get on when they make a new model car?
Oh yeah, they do market research like Alpha did, Alpha knew there was a market and offered a product for people to buy, don't try and make them out to be the victims in this... it's business, you want to sell something? get it done quickly, people might wanna go else where if you fuck them about, ignore them.
Can you imagine Dominoes banning you from their shop because you complained to your mate on Facebook that your pizza was late? nah, didn't think so.
But that is pretty much what Alpha has done, banned people from the customer forums  for complaining that there has been silence, nothing at all from them apart from "SOON" for 2 months, so high tensions and people being pissed off is pretty much par for the course now.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: