Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:22:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529007 times)
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:10:18 AM

Well, I got my $ back from Amex and already bought 50KH hosted Hashlet from GAW for $799 - $10 coupon.
Cant say I miss Alpha, but still waiting on Terrahash refund. lol

The air is coming out of that balloon in a hurry.  lol.

good for you on getting your $ back from these guys.  I hate these pre-order scams and these companies that try to jam it to people.  anything that contributes to the end of that business model is good for cryptos, far as I'm concerned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 02:02:24 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 12:48:01 PM by bumface

i need that machine next month.

no more delays

no more excuses

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:22:03 PM

no more delays

no more excuses

4 weeks and 1 day until the magic fairy deadline. (didn't they say mid-september though?)

Reversing the numbers:

Figure 2 weeks for assembly, workup Q&A and completion of batch shipping; 1 week for testing final chips and power systems, based on how other places have been operating.

Their last noticeable update was that they had almost finished case design, almost finished the supplimentary and accessory PCB's, and none of the software was ready. Lots of almosts there. I almost won the lottery last week.

They have, what, 1,200 or 2,500 systems for first batch? Initially they opened it up to 1,200 iirc, but then opened it up for more funding sales and left it open for a month.

So:

At 15 minutes per machine to assemble and test basic operation to warm temps, 4 machines an hour, 40 machines in a 10 hour work day for 1 person with no breaks. 20 business days * 40 = 800 machines. So a workforce of 2-3 would suffice to cover the assembly, testing and shipping.

This all hinges on the following items being ready and in their hands within the next 7 days:

* Shipping material, label printer
* Completed chips
* Final cases
* Final PCB's for everything
* All wires / tidbits
* PSU's

Perhaps they already have most of that, and most of it is assembled! Tick-tock goes that clock..

Are they pre-paying customs fees? I can't recall. That'll add a nice chunk of money to people's bills.

SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:34:04 PM

no more delays

no more excuses

4 weeks and 1 day until the magic fairy deadline. (didn't they say mid-september though?)

Reversing the numbers:

Figure 2 weeks for assembly, workup Q&A and completion of batch shipping; 1 week for testing final chips and power systems, based on how other places have been operating.

Their last noticeable update was that they had almost finished case design, almost finished the supplimentary and accessory PCB's, and none of the software was ready. Lots of almosts there. I almost won the lottery last week.

They have, what, 1,200 or 2,500 systems for first batch? Initially they opened it up to 1,200 iirc, but then opened it up for more funding sales and left it open for a month.

So:

At 15 minutes per machine to assemble and test basic operation to warm temps, 4 machines an hour, 40 machines in a 10 hour work day for 1 person with no breaks. 20 business days * 40 = 800 machines. So a workforce of 2-3 would suffice to cover the assembly, testing and shipping.

This all hinges on the following items being ready and in their hands within the next 7 days:

* Shipping material, label printer
* Completed chips
* Final cases
* Final PCB's for everything
* All wires / tidbits
* PSU's

Perhaps they already have most of that, and most of it is assembled! Tick-tock goes that clock..

Are they pre-paying customs fees? I can't recall. That'll add a nice chunk of money to people's bills.

I doubt they get this done.  As you say, what was the last update?  Shouldn't we be hearing about tapeout, ASIC packaging, component delivery, assembly line establishment etc.?

If they were getting set up, we'd be hearing about that progress, I think.

And still nothing new on their 'stock offer' 

I'm also watching people pull their money successfully and am starting to wonder if they're simply going to declare bankruptcy to stave off the lawsuits.

They're accountants, if I recall, so they'll understand how to work the numbers up on that, I would imagine.

There should be progress updates, there should be news on their customer stock offer or whatever, and there's nothing, as far as I know.    I've also seen enough of these pre-order/development projects to know that no news is usually bad news. 

Odds they just go belly up and ship zilch are looking pretty good to me right now.  Odds they ship all orders by end of Sept look to me to be zero.
gushes

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:00:32 PM

The machines are already worth virtually nothing even if delivered today.  They have a 0% chance of RoI.  A month from now, the hash they produce won't even pay for the "supposed" 300w power usage.  Odds they will deliver within 5 weeks? 0.  They just can't pull it off that fast, they are MONTHS behind schedule, not weeks.  They outsourced everything... EVERYTHING and "hoped for the best".

Unfortunately, I paid in full... because of the threats that I'd lose my deposit if I didn't.  I also paid both in bitcoin.  Odds of me seeing Any of that money back? 0.  Could I win a lawsuit? 99% chance.  Would I be able to collect on that judgement?  Not a chance.  If they find a way to actually produce a product, they would declare bankruptcy to wipe out their debts, sell their business to themselves, and create a new company with no debt and a working product.  Seen it too many times.  That's also how they would "stop the business from being in existence" to wipe out your shares.  If it were even legal for them to give you shares to begin with.

Never risk more than you can afford to lose: and I didn't.  I've taken a number of risky crypto based investments, and I lost about the same as I've gained in the last 8 months.  Might have lost a couple hundred, but not that big of a deal.  This... I've written off as a 100% loss.  But... I've gained knowledge and wisdom.  Don't buy something that doesn't exist.  Don't buy ASICs EVER.  There's simply no way to make your investment back, simply based on the quantity these multiple companies are producing.  No matter what the speed is, if a company sells 10,000+ units of some Super Asic, the difficulty will rise so high that even the super Asics no longer makes it's cost back, Ever.  It's guaranteed self-obsolescence.
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

The machines are already worth virtually nothing even if delivered today.  They have a 0% chance of RoI.  A month from now, the hash they produce won't even pay for the "supposed" 300w power usage.  Odds they will deliver within 5 weeks? 0.  They just can't pull it off that fast, they are MONTHS behind schedule, not weeks.  They outsourced everything... EVERYTHING and "hoped for the best".

Unfortunately, I paid in full... because of the threats that I'd lose my deposit if I didn't.  I also paid both in bitcoin.  Odds of me seeing Any of that money back? 0.  Could I win a lawsuit? 99% chance.  Would I be able to collect on that judgement?  Not a chance.  If they find a way to actually produce a product, they would declare bankruptcy to wipe out their debts, sell their business to themselves, and create a new company with no debt and a working product.  Seen it too many times.  That's also how they would "stop the business from being in existence" to wipe out your shares.  If it were even legal for them to give you shares to begin with.

Never risk more than you can afford to lose: and I didn't.  I've taken a number of risky crypto based investments, and I lost about the same as I've gained in the last 8 months.  Might have lost a couple hundred, but not that big of a deal.  This... I've written off as a 100% loss.  But... I've gained knowledge and wisdom.  Don't buy something that doesn't exist.  Don't buy ASICs EVER.  There's simply no way to make your investment back, simply based on the quantity these multiple companies are producing.  No matter what the speed is, if a company sells 10,000+ units of some Super Asic, the difficulty will rise so high that even the super Asics no longer makes it's cost back, Ever.  It's guaranteed self-obsolescence.

you could hire a debt collection service that gets nothing if you don't.   just a thought...
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

300mhs / $2150 / 3.6KW / pre-order Sept. 20 delivery

http://hashra.com/astrowarp3/

Hey maybe Alpha-T is going to ship Hashra gear ...

How would all you fully paid up customers feel about receiving a 3.6KW miner for your money and letting Alpha-T keep the change ?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:25:13 AM

Well good to read on here that some others besides me have gotten refunds from Amex.....as I have also.

But alpha is doomed even with a product ...GAWminers just announced FREE hashing to the people who purchased their Vaultbreakers (6995) 750mh and the smaller
don't know the price 350mh ..while not available as equipment to them yet FREE hashing either temp (till equip shipped prob in a month) or perm xfer to their
virtual hashing farm FOR THE WHOLE BATCH considering that it is likely imho that the GAWminer's Vaultbreaker (before they sold out) was as large at least as
the kNC Titan batch 1 that is likely to arrive at your door in 6 weeks ...well even if alpha got something out it would be way too little way to late

as a Titan purchaser I be screwed ...so expect a big big splash in that folks who ordered the above now have option to hash as soon as they can email
gawminers

As you can see I have their sig at the bottom and am in their sig campaign....but I have NO CLUE how GAWminers is pulling off Hashnet and this virtual
'we will bury' the Titan project (KNC) ......they must have imho really really really big bucks behind them in all I can see...so I'll run their sig until proven
otherwise but if they manage to pull this all off they will own scrypt mining (not entirely sure this is a good thing)

whatever if you got a Vaultminer you are very happy today. As to KNC's reply to all this trash talk by Gawminer's ..nada zip...zilch they have our $$
no refund...and KNC used to be such a good company

anyway live and learn...again I've said this before " a new asic company is like a fresh basket of fruit...all well and good but over time the fruit rots"

we wlll see once the hype has died down on GAWminers if they deliver or not

here is the fighting words

https://hashtalk.org/t/vaultbeakers-come-early/7605

ie alpha is even more doomed then it was before...and it was doomed before..ack! 'double doomed!"

so it goes

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:41:55 AM

you could hire a debt collection service that gets nothing if you don't.   just a thought...

i hired one and they came back to me saying they tried some phone lines and asked around and could not get in touch with them so they closed my case without any charge to me as they were unable to collect. wasn't a great moment for me when i read that.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:36:53 AM

Isn't it about time we get another case update of some sort?  I mean really, I wanna know what kinda fan's and PSU this bad boy is gonna need.  Wanna ask Santa to put a PSU in my stocking JIC alpha is actually shipping by then.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
zinner27

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:16:52 AM

Would be funny if your PSU would be worth more than the machine it self.. after all VAT etc...
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:14:51 PM

i hired one and they came back to me saying they tried some phone lines and asked around and could not get in touch with them so they closed my case without any charge to me as they were unable to collect. wasn't a great moment for me when i read that.

that sucks.  I think it's a requirement that they have to have a phone line though, so it could be added to your evidence.  people are filing through the small claims system also.

there are instructions on this thread and here:  http://www.abunchacrap.com/Alpha01052014/atindex.html

I don't know how much $ you've got into them.  If it's a few hundred, maybe it's not worth the trouble, and it's your call naturally.  I just hate these pre-order Ponzi schemes and hate to see people bilked out of their money.  As indicated in my original post, I'm also pissed at Alpha for running me in circles, so I'm happy to help people find help if I can.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:34:15 PM

But alpha is doomed even with a product ...GAWminers just announced FREE hashing to the people who purchased their Vaultbreakers (6995) 750mh and the smaller
don't know the price 350mh ..while not available as equipment to them yet FREE hashing either temp (till equip shipped prob in a month) or perm xfer to their
virtual hashing farm FOR THE WHOLE BATCH considering that it is likely imho that the GAWminer's Vaultbreaker (before they sold out) was as large at least as
the kNC Titan batch 1 that is likely to arrive at your door in 6 weeks ...well even if alpha got something out it would be way too little way to late

as a Titan purchaser I be screwed ...so expect a big big splash in that folks who ordered the above now have option to hash as soon as they can email
gawminers

Sounds to me like they think they may be late if they're trying to push virtual hashrate out the door just to say they 'did it'. I've also been wondering why they're so uppity about beating KNC to the ground, unless a lot of it is hype to generate more sales based on how most people make buying choices using emotion. I've liked how GAW has been producing gear lately, but this particular push falls out of their normal operation pattern.

whatever if you got a Vaultminer you are very happy today. As to KNC's reply to all this trash talk by Gawminer's ..nada zip...zilch they have our $$

I would wager it's because KNC doesn't care to respond and play the "beat my chest harder than the other monkey" game.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:42:17 PM

I for one am not be drinking the GAW Kool-Aid. I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't take physical delivery of. What are you going to do with your VB hashlet equivalents if the house of cards starts running into cash flow problems and can't pay those outsized returns ?

Thats right, there will never be a time a Hashlet cost more to run then you make, and they will always make money.

Rest Assured

~L)L~

bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:49:00 PM

Such a shame Alpha didn't pull this off...even more of a shame for those of you with funds invested/tied up with them.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

I for one am not be drinking the GAW Kool-Aid. I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't take physical delivery of. What are you going to do with your VB hashlet equivalents if the house of cards starts running into cash flow problems and can't pay those outsized returns ?

Thats right, there will never be a time a Hashlet cost more to run then you make, and they will always make money.

Rest Assured

~L)L~

I dunno, but even with my free electric there is a limit of how many devices I can physically run.

minerman147

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:26:28 PM

Well good to read on here that some others besides me have gotten refunds from Amex.....as I have also.

gawminers

As you can see I have their sig at the bottom and am in their sig campaign....but I have NO CLUE how GAWminers is pulling off Hashnet and this virtual
'we will bury' the Titan project (KNC) ......they must have imho really really really big bucks behind them in all I can see...so I'll run their sig until proven
otherwise but if they manage to pull this all off they will own scrypt mining (not entirely sure this is a good thing)

anyway live and learn...again I've said this before " a new asic company is like a fresh basket of fruit...all well and good but over time the fruit rots"

ie alpha is even more doomed then it was before...and it was doomed before..ack! 'double doomed!"

so it goes

Searing

Hi, i promised to Keep you informed about my case.
Yesterday i got reply from mastercard. They are charging back my Money in full!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

i will ask py PM for some different BTC adresses to make a Little Donation to those who advised me, like i promissed.
i´ll have to wait some day´s  until the Money is back on my account again.

thank´s again for all the Information and your help guys... Wink
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:30:06 PM

gawminers

so it goes

Searing

Yesterday i got reply from mastercard. They are charging back my Money in full!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

i will ask py PM for some different BTC adresses to make a Little Donation to those who advised me, like i promissed.

Awesome! Hope everyone else can be as successful in this.
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:37:55 PM

Nice one mate. I'm glad it worked out. 
bander

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:33:09 PM

somewhat of a legal question here, and I know you guys arent lawyers but its something that i think needs brought up. For the people still waiting to hear about the shares deal, what happens if they somehow do pull off a miracle and ship devices before the end of September, but prior to offering you shares or doing anything to move that forward?

If they ship them and you accept it prior to getting shares, is that technically the conculsion of the original contract you signed (which included nothing about share offerings)? Couldnt they then just not offer shares and claim the original contractual obligations were met? I understand that offering shares in a company is something that takes months worth of time, but their lack of transparency in this endevour makes me think they are just trying to bide their time. They could at least be releasing a road map, timeline, companies they are working with for audits, etc.

I'm not holding out for the shares, but i know there are people who are and this could be another way alpha sticks it to their customers.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: