Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:22:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017.  (Read 6929 times)
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:56:41 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 12:53:39 PM by cydrix

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs
How could you state such thing do you compare each and every ICO upto now? Then where are the statistics or profile this OP is stating nonsense. It's common sense to buy a dip on ICO's cause they will eventually grow but becareful for scams. Now back to the topic would you mind telling me all the details in your statements.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coin_Tracker01

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:13:29 PM

Some ICO now failed because there so many competitor in the market and also the team development not really professional to development the project, but i believe this situation will change and will be other more ICO that successfully and make investor get big profit, because cryptocurrency market and the community will continue growing and will solve this problem.

Agreed.

I kind of like the new model Vitalik came up with - DAICO. Do you know about it? I know some gaming platform Abyss was launched this way, I'm curious to see if the model holds up. I am also curious about the ICO regulations, how they will turn out. As much as I prefer freedom and all, I think its good some regulation comes this way, it has been really crazy.
parthgajjar

Activity: 273
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:36:00 PM

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

We can see that many ICO projects are taking place in 2017 and giving investors huge profits with so many unsuccessful ICO projects causing investors to lose, or can not call for capital success. Therefore, many innovations in 2018 have increased the authenticity and credibility of KYC and DAICO.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:49:38 PM

My observation will be the reduced ICO scam because of the regulations; such as the AML and KYC verification. No ridiculous high hard cap also and the NEO blockchain
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:53:45 AM

With more and more international discussions on ICO this year, most of the experts interviewed still believe that it will be some time before the clarity of government policy is monitored.

This year's policy winds, the main view of the court, including the possible future action on the issuer. "It will also be news for non-issuers."

The price of ICO will rise after the G20 meeting, so don't worry too much.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:46:54 AM

No ico not same as 2017 ico. 2018 too many scam ico and they will run after ico like denaro. You need to be very carefull about ico now. Also the market is still not sure where to go either bullish or bearish. If the market goes bullish like last year flipper probably will win again for buying in ico but if the market goes to bearish phase we will see many ivo failed to collect money. The most legot in my opinion is auctus and essentia for now.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:01:00 PM

most coin ico falls below price. it is true..   but some coins make x3 x5.. so it is necessary to investigate well. you also see the situation of the market, all the coins are falling.
ICO generally is like gambling for me most of the times. Sometimes, you get to see the token hit the exchange and before you know it, the price ends up going down and then you start wondering why you did not even wait for that period before buying in the first place but we cannot know the future can we ?

I have seen some hit a huge one once launched on an exchange and most times during a high trend, so I am not surprised and sometimes, some investors may just want to make some quick bucks, so it ends up being first come first serve basis.
Petersha

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:24:23 AM

Hello,

price totally depends on quality of project and market.

I usually see that big projects never go under their ICO price , but as it is in market so anything can happen.

I always take part in ICO's which are of very high quality.

Thank you
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:33:16 AM

most coin ico falls below price. it is true..   but some coins make x3 x5.. so it is necessary to investigate well. you also see the situation of the market, all the coins are falling.
ICO generally is like gambling for me most of the times. Sometimes, you get to see the token hit the exchange and before you know it, the price ends up going down and then you start wondering why you did not even wait for that period before buying in the first place but we cannot know the future can we ?

I have seen some hit a huge one once launched on an exchange and most times during a high trend, so I am not surprised and sometimes, some investors may just want to make some quick bucks, so it ends up being first come first serve basis.
The market is still recovering from banning that happens in crypto, it may also be the reason why some prefer the short-term investment, for they fear that it might get restriction. Soon, when all these clarifications end, and it survives from peoples criticism, ICOs will be much convincing and safe to join with. Those who choose to do long term can still earn a lot like how it pumps last year as long as their chosen project still has potential,
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:39:15 AM

I believe regulations on ICOs now are more stricter that's why  there are more legit and reliable ICOs.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
ajaymukund

Activity: 784

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:50:38 AM

exactly, the ICO of 2018 looks not as good as last year. This is a sign of the decline of the ICO. I am really worried about ICO projects in the future because there are so many fraudulent and poor quality projects. Hopefully in the future, the earliest they will have an adjustment for the founders. I still believe in ICO and I am waiting for the good news from them.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:05:07 PM

More areas will be able to take advantage of ICO financing opportunities.

In the future, more companies will enter the blockchain and use ICO for product financing.
gnerro2

Activity: 294

illustrator

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:16:42 PM

I totally agree.. but I heard that in past years ICO market after launch was different. (bullish)

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:26:21 PM

Hwo could you state such thing do you conpare each and every ICO upto now? Then where are the statistics or profile this OP is stating nonsense. It's common sense to buy a dip on ICO's cause they will eventually grow but becareful for scams. Now back to the topic would you mind telling me all the details in your statements.

What he mentioned in the above statement is right! most of the ICO launched recently dip more than the ICO price. It is always better to buy them when it is at dips instead of buying them at the ICO and we are losing the value of the coin. Not only he every investor who invests in 2 or 3 ICO will have the same thought.
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:39:53 PM

It may take time but people do wise up. The market is in a bear run and regulations have curtailed spurious ICOs from exploiting investor enthusiasm for cryptocurrencies.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:42:50 PM

You are convincing others to not to invest how about the other potential ICOs it is just matter of patience mate, you know that we are still in the market crisis now and know that all was dump so why you are like that you are not thinking that there will be rising of price again soon.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:52:10 PM

Yeah the expectations are now because of the BITCOIN's quick growing value so the expectations about altcoin are the same as hoping for Bitcoin's value. ICO these days are scarce in terms of legitimacy and solidity.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:17:06 PM

This was bound to happen, as more and more people noticed that whatever they touched in 2017 turned to gold the projects that are gold are going to be harder to find -- as the people making these ICO's also know that the market is hot, and easy to scam. So if anyone tosses up an ICO right now they're going to get a massive amount of money, with no issue at all.

Project quality degrades as the amount of money available (without any sort of protection for the sender) drastically increases. So yeah, most of these ICO's are shit. Though you can still find a diamond in the rough.

Yes, the market has gone quite saturated. Now most ICOs have the same platforms and most projects are similar. Since most offer almost the same service, the ICOs now have too much competition in the market. The trend has been like this for quite some time until it came to a point where it's hardly profitable to invest in ICOs. Basically, the whole market has gone done but there's a coin or two out there which remains to surface among the dip.

I agree that it's possible to find a diamond in the rough. There are still some out there that are worthwhile investing on.

Wilsonong222

Activity: 130
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:29:32 PM

Year 2017 for ICO is the golden year while 2018 seems to be the other way around. Your observation may seems to be correct in some point but if all of the investor thinks the same way you are then there will be no more ICO. What I think in the future must do by ICO is to control the bounty and airdrop token conversion to fiat. They should at least maintain the token for 2 months in order not to affect the price of Altcoins.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    PRE-ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:24:13 PM

Not the fault of ICOs, the whole market is bleeding these days. New currencies always need to face tough time if they don't have a strong backup in the market, and during these days it is hell difficult for ICOs/projects to maintain their ICO price after the ICO. This means even the good projects can't deliver what they supposed to do.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: