Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:28:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Been saying for years Obama was not leaving office or coming back as a dictator from hell.  So when?
Vlad, you’ve only gotten crazier since you got here some 9 years ago.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 293 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- The Riddle of the Twin Brothers - Who Were, Are and Will Rule the World!  (Read 382303 times)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 05:52:35 PM

That makes me so ANGRY.

I really wanted a piece of that huge block.  

Man, who would sell such a huge amount!!!! And why sell it on Vircurex where they're freezing BTC when all the buyers are on Cryptsy.  Makes no sense to me.

Edit:  WHOA!  Now look at the spike in buying interest.  Did someone with money just read my crazy thread?  Haha!

No. You need to move to alts to move your money out of Vircurex, hence the inflated prices across the board

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:54:02 PM

No reason to get upset about it. Hah.

I'd like the price to have stayed lower but whatever, no big deal. At the least it proves there's somebody with a serious interest in Ixc if only the interest to make it appear alive.

Nobody commands an ocean. We're lucky to get any money when we never coded even one string of the project.

Horses in midstream.
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:17:55 PM

That makes me so ANGRY.

Man, who would sell such a huge amount!!!! And why sell it on Vircurex where they're freezing BTC when all the buyers are on Cryptsy.  Makes no sense to me.

Edit:  WHOA!  Now look at the spike in buying interest.  Did someone with money just read my crazy thread?  Haha!

vircurex actually has higher volume it seams.  Some 20K and 30K orders as well in the last few days.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 06:24:08 PM

That makes me so ANGRY.

vircurex actually has higher volume it seams.  Some 20K and 30K orders as well in the last few days.

Vircurex used to have higher volume but that volume dried out once they froze people's BTC. 

The volume you've seen the last week has been almost entirely from that once massive sell block.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:25:17 PM

So Gavin "Steps" down from his role only a short time after his visit to the CFR.

Because these alphabet agencies (CFR, CIA) with billions in budget need to have a concept explained to them by a project lead. They just don't get it. They stupid. Please come and explain this high technical concept to us cause WE JUST DONT GET IT. We the CFR, help?

Bullshit.

What, their computer guys they already have can't do an independent review of the system? Why reach out to Gavin?

If this was a movie and Gavin was walking into a mafia den then you can guess what they said to him.
It probably went something like this.

CFR: Gavin Anderson, We've been waiting for you.

CFR: Do you know who we are?

Gavin: (Gulp) Yes.

CFR: Then we need not explain to you terms like Erased and Family

Gavin: What is it you want?

CFR: So Gavin, you will step down from your position

Gavin: And if I refuse

CFR: It would be unwise.

que Dark Side music
  Tongue
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 06:25:35 PM

No reason to get upset about it. Hah.

I'd like the price to have stayed lower but whatever, no big deal. At the least it proves there's somebody with a serious interest in Ixc if only the interest to make it appear alive.

Nobody commands an ocean. We're lucky to get any money when we never coded even one string of the project.

Excellent point and very well said.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 06:31:24 PM

Ahahaaa.  I agree.  Gavin was forced out.

Do I have to pull up my post from nearly 2 months ago where I said heads were gonna keep rolling at the foundation until "they" got total control?

Poor Gavin.  Who knows what they got on him.

Or better yet, what they planted on him or his home computer.

You know what, I'm gonna let him know that I know, on twitter.  I did it with Karpeles and Shrem so why not Gavin.  Maybe one of them will come out and admit what I'm saying is really happening which would finally let the whole world know just how Centralized Bitcoin really is.

Then they'll run to.....ME.

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

Ahahaaa.  I agree.  Gavin was forced out.

Do I have to pull up my post from nearly 2 months ago where I said heads were gonna keep rolling at the foundation until "they" got total control?

Poor Gavin.  Who knows what they got on him.

Or better yet, what they planted on him or his home computer.

You know what, I'm gonna let him know that I know, on twitter.  I did it with Karpeles and Shrem so why not Gavin.  Maybe one of them will come out and admit what I'm saying is really happening which would finally let the whole world know just how Centralized Bitcoin really is.

Then they'll run to.....ME.

Next you will have a visit from the men in black.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:03:13 PM

If we assume that they got to Gavin during the CIA visit then it should be logical to question every action he has done since then.

Was he steering the protocol, maybe away from certain concepts?

Also
Does anyone know anything about van der Laan? I haven't had any time to research this individual.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 08:46:29 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 06:32:17 AM by Vlad2Vlad

If we assume that they got to Gavin during the CIA visit then it should be logical to question every action he has done since then.

Was he steering the protocol, maybe away from certain concepts?

Also
Does anyone know anything about van der Laan? I haven't had any time to research this individual.

Research him?  Ha. If he is hand picked then everything you find on him is intended to deceive you.

3 key players down and replaced and the "experts" like Andreas Antonopolus et all still parrot like muppets the same Bitcoin lies:  Bitcoin is decentralized.  Bitcoin will only have 21 million coins forever and ever and ever.  

"Bitcoin can never be controlled by the state." - Andreas Antonopolous, March, 2014.

Ahahaaaa.  That last one still has me laughing.  Puppet Andreas said that just 2 weeks ago and when I contradicted him he blocked me on Twitter.  lol.

At this point one should question who these characters really work for cause their lies are effectively brainwashing everyone.

Qu1ck$1Lv3r

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:44:13 AM

I don't think Gavin is stepping down from anything. It is my understanding that way back in the early days of bitcoin when Satoshi was still involved, Gavin arranged a meeting with the CIA about bitcoin, allegedly to explain to them what it was so that they didn't get all freaked out about it. It was immediately after Gavin told Satoshi about the meeting that Satoshi disappeared. This may not be true, it is simply what I recall reading somewhere (insert link here if anyone has a source for this). If this is in fact true, then it seems to me that what is really happening is Gavin is being positioned for something bigger, i.e. as a full time govt controlled spokesman and ambassador. Undoubtedly the new lead dev is a govt man - or will be soon. Meetings with the CFR? He is absolutely in their pocket. Mark my words: you have not seen the last of Gavin.   "Andresen, who was responsible for maintaining the core code that underpins the bitcoin ecosystem, said he was taking a step back to focus on broader bitcoin issues as Chief Scientist of the Bitcoin Foundation, the body that standardizes, protects and promotes the use of bitcoin across the globe." Gavin will emerge as the lead govt voice for bitcoin now that he is free from the mundane duties of coding. What happened in that first meeting with the CIA? They offered him a drink and when he awoke they were fixing to waterboard his ass. Or something. It wouldn't surprise me if they did a Manchurian Candidate type of thing to him.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:50:17 AM

Interesting discussion going on here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557732.0

Someone seems to agree with you vlad

Regarding change:

Ultimately the question is more along the lines of "Is technology liberating or a means to oppress?".

Cross posting an excerpt from an ongoing discussion in another thread...

1. I generally disagree with this one. Never in the history of mankind has the average Joe won in mass, IMHO. Somehow I don't believe it will magically happen now that Bitcoin is around.

Bitcoin is a technology. Most every time the benefits of a new technology, properly applied, have benefited the average Joe sooner or later.

Risto it appears you excel on "counting" games, but when it comes to logic it appears you over generalize (or choose the simplest understanding for efficiency) and this causes you to make mistakes. I suck at board games but I appear to excel at seeing all the conceptual issues in full range of depth and extracting the generative essence. Our brains appear to be wired differently. That appears to make you better at finding arbitrage opportunities than me (but gives you no advantage in timing market moves), but my skill appears to make me a superior visionary than you. I don't excel mentally with anything that requires me to interact with my external sensors. I excel with short I/O tape and then let my mind run on it, although normally my reading comprehension is very high but don't expect me to interact in parallelized real-time with my I/O i.e. that game you mentioned upthread (I tried while getting sleepy and only managed 16000 after several tries perhaps I would do better if I put some thought into how I should be calculating the move probabilities on that grid, but it appears to come naturally to you?).

I had the following insight before, but no one prompted me to share it. It is difficult for me to keep track of all my ideas.

Contemplate that the technologies which benefit the masses are those which have individual scope; whereas, those which subject the masses to greater extortion via the collective have collective scope. For example, washing machines have only individual scope and were rapidly (logistically) adopted across the breadth of the developed world. Whereas, nuclear power and nuclear weapons can't be individualized and have further enslaved us in the collective.

The internet (networking in general) is a mix of individual empowerment and collective enslavement.

What does anonymity do in theory? In theory it makes it possible to have all the individual empower without any (most) of the collective enslavement.

This is why I am so obsessed with making sure we have anonymity, not just in our money but in every aspect of the internet. The technology I am working on is not only applicable to crypto-currency. I want to change the entire internet to make it asymmetrically more of an individual empowerment.

Throughout history we had anonymity in our money because it was physical. Now Bitcoin comes along with a fully traceable public ledger and we give up asymmetric power to the collective. This alarmed the shit out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said to myself a year ago, "hell no! not if I can do anything about it".

In geek speak, "you just don't get it".

The other asymmetric problem specific to Bitcoin is it uses ASICs thus mining is in the hands of the few, and also there is nothing in the design which economically discourages large pools thus one pooltwo or three pools now controls more than 50% of the hash rate. Bitcoin has already fallen and can NEVER be a benefit to the individual. Sorry! Just wishing it to be not so is foolish. I don't have a vendetta against crypto-currency, rather I am logically analyzing the situation. And attempting to fix it. I was frankly initially shocked that you were so dismissive and uninterested (and others even attacked me for wanting to improve the situation), but then I realized it is because you guys don't think on a deep level as I do or you are blinded by your speculative fever and vested interests as owners of Bitcoins. And thus you walk right into the honey pot so designed to trap you. (And there are both technical and political reasons improvements to these issues can NEVER be back ported into Bitcoin. Sorry!)

P.S. the other fundamental driver of asymmetric power of the collective on the internet is the client-server model instead of P2P.

It is a fact that a physical multifurcating network is more efficient than a fully connected mesh topology, i.e. running a smaller pipe from the water district to each house increases the cost and back pressure than running a main line and then multifurcating branches off it (cross-sectional area reduces by the square of the proportional diameter decreases). However, the transfer of data on the internet does not obey that physical law because we don't charge for data according to the path it takes. However the challenge is the efficient, redundant DHT storage and serve of data for a purely P2P internet. That is a more difficult technical hurdle.

P.S.S. I predicted a couple of weeks ago the IRS ruling would be what it is and that it would cause the price to dive. The post is some where in my public archives on bitcointalk.
Qu1ck$1Lv3r

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:08:38 AM

This is getting out of control: http://www.coindesk.com/the-europas-digital-currency-category-2014-tech-awards/  Seriously? What's next, an Oscar for best altcoin? And the nominees for best new scrypt based shitcoin are.....By 2016 they will be trying to award Satoshi a Nobel.

Hmmmm, bitcoin uses too much energy for POW....Solution? Changing the bitcoin code http://www.coindesk.com/greener-bitcoin-reduce-carbon-emissions/

This is huge: http://www.coindesk.com/french-retail-chain-monoprix-accept-bitcoin-payments-year/  Monoprix sounds like a smaller French version of Walmart. With 300 stores and an internet presence it will be interesting to see what other similar type companies jump on btc and when.

And finally: Congressman "Stockman’s proposal recognizes bitcoin and other digital currencies as legal tender." If this bill passes....holey doodoo. http://www.coindesk.com/us-congressman-submit-bitcoin-tax-bill/

Qu1ck$1Lv3r

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:24:24 AM

I think everyone here knows how this story ends.

Cryptocurrencies are going to get mass adoption quick

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/24409233-piperjaff/2807053-we-are-on-the-verge-of-bitcoin-mass-adoption
http://gigaom.com/2014/04/04/this-week-in-bitcoin-the-push-to-get-the-currency-in-the-hands-of-the-consumer/

RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:35:23 AM

No matter how many articles are written I will not believe in Bitcoin's mass adoption in America. Simply isn't happening. The public still requires a great deal of conditioning.

The plan is to roll it out gradually. There will be tons of people who won't switch.

1. Access: they're too old and don't want to adopt or cannot afford computers.
2. Security: It's expensive, I don't want it stolen.
3. Ignorance: I sell drugs and pimp hoes. I think facebook on my macbook pro/air is the pinnacle of the computing world.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see that the ignorant masses are not the target audience here. It's young, tech-savvy minds. A great statistical proportion of people over the age of 45-50+ will be impossible to incorporate.

I view cryptos as the stock market 2.0, it's going to take awhile for the mainstream to not only know of it but actually act on the information.

I know a large number of computer majors that aren't on the ball for this... and it's their "field of study".

Horses in midstream.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 06:40:14 AM

I have a different theory about Gavin.

He was hand picked by Satoshi.  So if Satoshi designed GATT then it makes sense he wouldn't leave it in the hands of just anyone.

So Gavin has been CIA from day one.  

And now it's time to move to the next stage of the project.  Wouldn't it be interesting if he goes to a different coin under the guise of:  "Oh, Bitcoin isn't what it used to be, it's become too centralized, and I want to back a coin which fulfills Satoshi's lies, err, pipe dreams."

And what better coin to choose than you know, the Twin!  Instant street credit, instant overnight $10 price.  And none of the sheep would see a thing.

I know, that's a huge stretch but who would have thought Gavin was the next to go. I didn't even see that coming, I thought Gavin would be last to be kicked out.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 06:49:36 AM

Regarding adoption in America.

There is now a proposal to confiscate trillion dollar Private US pension funds and invest it for the people, for their own good.

If that happens I'm certain they'll pump hundreds of billions of those pensions into cryptos.

It would essentially be a wealth confiscation, a redistribution of wealth.  The biggest global redistribution of wealth the world has ever seen.

The smart money is buying now, in a big way and my guess is world governments too so these early adopters will receive all of the transferred wealth. Among them will be a few of us but most people will sell way early so only a handful of actual people will get rich.

And then, once everyone is inside the blockCHAIN, you pull the trap door, and dilute the mother and impoverish everyone.

And the state will say:  We warned you.  We warned you all that you'd lose everything, but you didn't listen. You can only blame your own greed and hate for banks and government.

Hahahaaa.  I don't know why but that's funny.  Almost fitting in a sad, sadistic way.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 06:51:17 AM

Gavin did something on iXcoin but I don't know if it was anything meaningful enough to say he worked on iXcoin.

Any coders here from 2011?  Can anyone add some color?

Thanks.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:09:06 AM

Interesting line of reasoning, RobFord.

alxs

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:42:50 PM

Cryptocurrency is a weapon.
"The demise of the dollar"
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3441889201001/the-demise-of-the-dollar/?cmpid=fbvid_twitter#sp=show-clips
"The Death of Money with Jim Rickards"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ZceSeGK3s
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 293 »
  Print  

Jump to: