Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:41:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422147 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Blackswan122

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:39:29 AM

actually i do not think that guy was hacked..

I think he just cannot login to CEX...

it happened to me yesterday.... when I try to login... it keeps telling me wrong username or password...

then I tried to reset my password...

and i provided my username/email and it gives me incorrect username/email... (which means my account does not exist)

I went ahead and submitted a ticket... and boom... support helped me fix my problem...

they did ask some security questions... to verify if I really own the account...

so yeah... I think it is their anti bruteforce attack measure that is acting a bit too much... and blocking legitimate users...

not really sure... i am just sharing my experience and thoughts...

Probably had CAPS LOCK on...lol
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 01:06:52 PM

More on the "hack" here.......

http://narrock.com/threads/my-cex-io-just-got-hacked.130/#post-790

Apparently cex allow multiple logins........how wonderfully secure  Roll Eyes

Cex also asked the hacked account holder to keep quiet about it - which might explain why the news article page was removed......

Before posting something like this - please get your facts straight.

Cex -These are not my facts, they are direct quotes from the original poster who lost his cex funds on the narrock.com forum - if you read the forum link you would know this, but I'm sure you already do. If you have issues or disagree with the post then I suggest you contact the original poster, instead of attacking the messenger.

Maybe you should use this opportunity to clarify the situation instead:

Are you saying that the forum poster is lying & his account was not compromised?

Do you allow multiple log-ins for user accounts?

If his account was compromised, how? And what measures have you taken to ensure it can't happen again to other cex users?

Did you ask the poster to keep it quiet until the issue was fixed?

Users of your service are placing much trust in you & need to know that their funds/accounts are secure, the least you could do is answer their questions/concerns in a timely manner by addressing questions as & when they are asked on your own thread. Your previous record leaves much room for improvement - I would have thought you would be working overtime to reassure your users that your service is safe, secure & most of all - trustworthy.

Regards.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:53:25 PM

You are mistaken.
This is not a direct quote, but a link to a forum, where is a repost of an article from http://mentaso.com/ which no longer exists.
We have contacted the user and provided assistance to resolve the issue, that is why the author removed it. The requester is satisfied with the result and is continuing mining and trading on CEX.IO

What you are doing right now is overblowing a non-existing problem.
And frankly - I don't get the point of you doing it. Are you trying to convince people not to use our service? Why?

We do allow multiple log-ins for user accounts, so does mtgox, bitstamp and any other exchange.
If you wish us to block multiple logins - please request this feature on our feature request thread. (https://support.cex.io/forums/22451658-Feature-Requests)
If it gets enough votes - it will be implemented.

The hackers tried to compromise the account by using the support service, but the attempt was blocked and funds were returned.
We are updating our policy about account security and verification.
We will be also implementing an "alternative email" feature, which will help increase account security as well as allow us to solve email deliverability problems we are having now.

We do understand that a huge amount of trust is placed in us, and it is our main responsibility to keep the accounts safe.
As stated in our previous post: hackers are not able to compromise any account without getting access to the user's email or 2fa.

And once again - we strongly recommend users to start using the 2FA security option.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 05:16:20 PM

Thank you for answering half of my questions - sort of.

Maybe I should have been a little clearer......

I used direct quotes from the original posts of the user of a forum, a link to which was posted on your thread by someone else - not me. I was just commenting on that post & asking questions about it's contents - which I believe is what a forum is designed & used for.

Funds stolen from a user account can hardly be called a non-existent problem - but I'm very happy that the user got the funds back.

Every pool has haters, that is the reality of running a pool - ask any pool owner, it's something you will have to deal with I'm afraid. However, as I stopped using your service when the infamous double spending issue came to light,  I no longer care about your service. I do however care about the safety of miners & their earnings. The easiest way to avoid criticism is to not leave yourselves open to it, and this can be achieved in numerous ways: answering questions from your own users on your own thread within hours not weeks, keeping your users continually up to date on site issues or problems - & generally being more open to constructive criticism would be a good place to start. It is well known that when a site is having issues such as yours has been lately, that that is when it is vulnerable to attack from either inside or outside the system - you can't blame some people for jumping to conclusions especially when it is written right in front of their eyes.

Also, suggesting that some members are getting paid to criticize you on the forums, as you did earlier, is not only uncalled for & malicious - it's just plain sad.

If you want members to stop criticising you, you need to smarten your act up a bit.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:28:42 PM

My CEX.IO account seems to have entirely disappeared (I did not cancel my account).

I cannot login, or reset my password as the system says my account no longer exists.

I am also unable to use the support ticketing system as I cannot login - as I no longer have an account.

Could you please PM me CEX so we can resolve this issue? I have full faith in your company and I would just like this issue resolved (I had a fair bit of BTC in my account - which has obviously disappeared along with my account - I use 2FA).

CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 08:51:49 PM

My CEX.IO account seems to have entirely disappeared (I did not cancel my account).

I cannot login, or reset my password as the system says my account no longer exists.

I am also unable to use the support ticketing system as I cannot login - as I no longer have an account.

Could you please PM me CEX so we can resolve this issue? I have full faith in your company and I would just like this issue resolved (I had a fair bit of BTC in my account - which has obviously disappeared along with my account - I use 2FA).

Hey... I'm sorry to hear that.
Please send a support request to support@cex.io

Our support staff will handle your prob.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:54:31 PM

Hey... I'm sorry to hear that.
Please send a support request to support@cex.io

Our support staff will handle your prob.

Is it possible to reinstate an account that has disappeared?

Will support be able to check the logs and tell me how my account was cancelled?

Thanks for your help - this is rather stressful - using 2FA I figured I was safe - I had a fair bit of referral GH/s mining as well Sad
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:26:20 AM

Everything is fine Smiley

CEX was very prompt in their replies and help.

Now, I really need some sleep ...  Wink

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:59:04 AM

Now, I really need some sleep ...  Wink

What had happened?
mobile

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:47:54 AM

Has anyone had trouble withdrawing NMC, IXC & DVC ? Its taking forever & I do not even see the transaction on the specific blockchains. Interesting enough, my NMC withdrawal email gave me the classic "Invalid confirmation code". The other alt cryptos confirmation emails worked but still 1.5 hours later and nothing. Going to hold off on contacting support, not too worried yet but still the delay is annoying!

^Lulz

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:27:08 PM

Now, I really need some sleep ...  Wink

What had happened?

Just everyone make sure to have 2 Factor Authentication on your account NOW and you'll be fine Smiley

If you do not / can't have 2FA I'd recommend withdrawing coins for now - until the current issue is fully resolved.

If you have 2FA you're fine.

I don't want to give too many details, as there is an issue which I am sure CEX is resolving (and they are reimbursing anyone who has been affected too)
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:53:11 PM

Now, I really need some sleep ...  Wink

What had happened?

Just everyone make sure to have 2 Factor Authentication on your account NOW and you'll be fine Smiley

If you do not / can't have 2FA I'd recommend withdrawing coins for now - until the current issue is fully resolved.

If you have 2FA you're fine.

I don't want to give too many details, as there is an issue which I am sure CEX is resolving (and they are reimbursing anyone who has been affected too)

Glad you recovered your account!

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:49:26 PM

Has anyone had trouble withdrawing NMC, IXC & DVC ? Its taking forever & I do not even see the transaction on the specific blockchains. Interesting enough, my NMC withdrawal email gave me the classic "Invalid confirmation code". The other alt cryptos confirmation emails worked but still 1.5 hours later and nothing. Going to hold off on contacting support, not too worried yet but still the delay is annoying!

^Lulz

No longer a 404 error there guys, in fact there is part two:   http://mentaso.com/bitcoin-news/cex-part-2-the-hacked-account-and-children-playing-grownups.html

I find the article to be extremely accurate in it's detailing of cex.io business practices.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:27:02 PM

^Lulz

No longer a 404 error there guys, in fact there is part two:   http://mentaso.com/bitcoin-news/cex-part-2-the-hacked-account-and-children-playing-grownups.html

I find the article to be extremely accurate in it's detailing of cex.io business practices.

CEX solved the problem and reimbursed his account (and they have now fixed the problem for the future too).

Compared to how things can sometimes go down in the world of BTC - I'd say CEX are doing a great job.
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:21:28 PM

CEX.IO quote: - "Are you getting paid to do this?"  unquote.

My reply: Are you nucking futs?  That has to be the lowest comment ever. Is that where you are now? Can you go any lower?

Probably:   http://mentaso.com/bitcoin-news/cex-part-2-the-hacked-account-and-children-playing-grownups.html

I rest my case.

Posted for free - as always  Cheesy

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 08:49:27 PM

I love this part:

Cheesy

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
anhpt192

Activity: 628

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:05:11 PM

Dear CEX users,
There were some minor data-center issues, which resulted 0 hash power for some time.
However everything is fixed now, and ALL users will be compensated for their losses, to make sure you are 100% happy with our service.

I am glad you like our service, we will keep it up an running for your benefit Wink

If i had 1BTC, should i invest for GHS or BF1? My question means that which is the better mining profit.
cshelswell

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:16:45 AM

not BF1 I don't think. It's been sat the same for over a month I think. I'd go GHS but don't forget it's a trading platform not a mining earner. The price is too high for GHS so try to build your stash up slowly buying and selling. Keep an eye on the drops and ups. Smiley

high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:19:49 AM

not BF1 I don't think. It's been sat the same for over a month I think. I'd go GHS but don't forget it's a trading platform not a mining earner. The price is too high for GHS so try to build your stash up slowly buying and selling. Keep an eye on the drops and ups. Smiley

I've been waiting more than a month for BF1 to come online =(

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
huayra.agera

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:35:44 AM

I just signed up and I wanted to ask if I bought less than 1 GHS say 0.35 GHS, it means it will not mine right? Thanks for those who can answer.

BTC: 1JMPScxohom4MXy9X1Vgj8AGwcHjT8XTuy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: