Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:43:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422175 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JayBee66

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:30:02 AM

All you need to know about CEX.IO

The price of GHS is constantly down-trending, which means that a buy and hold strategy will result in a loss of investment.

The holder of GHS is therefore expected to day trade their holding by second guessing market moves, which is unlikely. Anyone professing to have profited from day trading on CEX.IO is either a liar, extremely lucky (mean reversion will soon sort them out) or a CEX.IO shill.

CEX.IO latest gambling wheeze is a “futures contract”. Well, it isn’t a futures contract because you cannot take a short position. It is in fact a forward contract where you have to guess the price of GHS one or two month’s ahead and are then locked into taking delivery at whichever price you buy at.

For CEX.IO to call it a futures contract suggests that they do not know anything about financial contracts and are scam artists.

Not that the kids using CEX.IO will care. They will all gamble away their Bitcoins either on CEX.IO or some other gambling platform.

Read through this entire thread. Anyone extolling the virtues of CEX.IO is always short-lived. Today's extollers will be next month's no-shows.
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:34:49 AM

The price of GHS is constantly down-trending, which means that a buy and hold strategy will result in a loss of investment.

The holder of GHS is therefore expected to day trade their holding by second guessing market moves, which is unlikely. Anyone professing to have profited from day trading on CEX.IO is either a liar, extremely lucky (mean reversion will soon sort them out) or a CEX.IO shill.

CEX.IO latest gambling wheeze is a “futures contract”. Well, it isn’t a futures contract because you cannot take a short position. It is in fact a forward contract where you have to guess the price of GHS one or two month’s ahead and are then locked into taking delivery at whichever price you buy at.

For CEX.IO to call it a futures contract suggests that they do not know anything about financial contracts and are scam artists.

Not that the kids using CEX.IO will care. They will all gamble away their Bitcoins either on CEX.IO or some other gambling platform.

Read through this entire thread. Anyone extolling the virtues of CEX.IO is always short-lived. Today's extollers will be next month's no-shows.

+100

Noobs - read carefully & learn.

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:34:10 AM

Actually I think you miss the real problem with GHS, that is that it isn't well managed.   For example, if CEX really wanted a healthy market they could issue GHS dividends on the GHS held so the increased size of the pool wouldn't have such a negative impact.   Sure the price would still decline per GHS, but you would have more GHS to offset it.  That is only one approach.  They could maintain pricing by calling is something like a Mining Unit and adjusting the amount GHS it represented by the difficulty.   etc. etc.   They could do many different things if only they cared for their customers.

I didn't get the message that CEX didn't care until they suddenly flipped on the 2FA on everyone and I was locked out of my account for hours because their software couldn't handle the load of everyone trying to log back in.   Many were locked out and that was after a bad week at GHash.io.   By the time I could get on, it was too late and I had lost .5 BTC.   That crash was 100% CEX's fault and they didn't care.   That is why I pulled my BTC out of there.   In less than 10 weeks I've made back my .5 BTC and several more BTC to go with it.     
JayBee66

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:53:11 AM

Actually I think you miss the real problem with GHS, that is that it isn't well managed.   For example, if CEX really wanted a healthy market they could issue GHS dividends on the GHS held so the increased size of the pool wouldn't have such a negative impact.   Sure the price would still decline per GHS, but you would have more GHS to offset it.  That is only one approach.  They could maintain pricing by calling is something like a Mining Unit and adjusting the amount GHS it represented by the difficulty.   etc. etc.   They could do many different things if only they cared for their customers.

I didn't get the message that CEX didn't care until they suddenly flipped on the 2FA on everyone and I was locked out of my account for hours because their software couldn't handle the load of everyone trying to log back in.   Many were locked out and that was after a bad week at GHash.io.   By the time I could get on, it was too late and I had lost .5 BTC.   That crash was 100% CEX's fault and they didn't care.   That is why I pulled my BTC out of there.   In less than 10 weeks I've made back my .5 BTC and several more BTC to go with it.     

A scam is a scam. There is nothing to fix. The Metropolitan Police/Serious Fraud Squad should be making arrests but I doubt they have heard of Bitcoin.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:01:23 PM

Unfortunately, the MET are too busy taking bribes from Hollywood and arresting 12 year olds & "confiscating" their laptops for sharing the latest boyband song with their friend to be bothered about corporate theft/scams.

Bless the UKofA  Roll Eyes

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 09:07:28 PM

Stop splitting hair, what does not able to short the contract have to do with anything? futures/forward contracts are very similar, the main difference is one is exchange traded, and the other is mostly private placement with custom term structure. There is nothing wrong with what cex.io did with fha/fhm and calling them futures contracts with a defined settlement.

If you want to argue about valuation that's fine, but whatever the **** you said about them being scam artist because they called the contracts futures instead of forward makes absolutely no sense.

I have been doing this for a living for the last 10 years, you make no sense.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
JayBee66

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:23:32 AM

Stop splitting hair, what does not able to short the contract have to do with anything? futures/forward contracts are very similar, the main difference is one is exchange traded, and the other is mostly private placement with custom term structure. There is nothing wrong with what cex.io did with fha/fhm and calling them futures contracts with a defined settlement.

If you want to argue about valuation that's fine, but whatever the **** you said about them being scam artist because they called the contracts futures instead of forward makes absolutely no sense.

I have been doing this for a living for the last 10 years, you make no sense.

Don't make me laugh. I have 20 years in The City to your 10.

Calling an instrument a futures contract and not permitting short-selling goes against advertising standards.

I expect to be able to short a futures contract because I know the price is going to go down.

Why would I want to buy GHS a month or two ahead of time knowing that the spot price is trending downwards all the time?

I would jump on the contract if it lets me short it. And I expect to if it is a futures contract.

This is mis-representation and mis-selling of the highest order in an unregulated market.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:57:53 AM

I expect to be able to short a futures contract because I know the price is going to go down.

Why would I want to buy GHS a month or two ahead of time knowing that the spot price is trending downwards all the time?

On a side note, if they allowed shorting I'm pretty sure it would be done to such an extent that there is no longer a price drop lol. Everyone would be so furiously borrowing the GHs to sell and thus creating artificial demand that the price wouldn't shift downwards as greatly. Anyways, I agree that having futures contract without short-selling is rather deceptive of them - basically their expecting everyone to speculate and probably take a loss to line their pockets.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 06:23:37 PM

Don't make me laugh. I have 20 years in The City to your 10.

Calling an instrument a futures contract and not permitting short-selling goes against advertising standards.

"The City" ? Cheesy  sorry to break it to you, but 20 years as a shoe shiner in "The City" doesnt mean much.  Anyone who worked on the street will realize how your rant makes as much sense as a uwe boll movie.

if one is forced to pick between futures vs forward, those contracts are futures as they are exchange traded and with a defined settlement structure.  Inability to short has nothing to do with the contract itself genius, even if you have a regular es mini futures contract if your brokerage refuse to provide you margin you still cant short it, and if cme itself disables short selling you also cant. They did just that to the equity exchanges in the 08 crisis.

because the spot is 0.01 and the settlement for those contracts are 0.008 and 0.004. 0.008 and 0.004 < 0.01 genius.  It's a speculative play on future difficulty/hashrate, just like any other derivatives such as options.

Stop with this nonsense, it's like nails on chalkboard. Go argue about valuation instead, at least then noone will be able to point out how clueless you are, as your guess is as good as mine (well probably not..)

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 07:27:40 PM

Anyone who worked on the street

Completely agree, hookers and drug dealers have a much better understanding of business and finance than all these phony bankers and brokers.
jesse11

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:49:20 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 08:51:38 PM by jesse11

Problem with withdrawing BTC "No Confirmation email has been sent" Fix it. Thanks

Edit: Fixed  Grin

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:20:07 AM

April 10th, 2014, GHash.IO has launched a brand new scrypt mining feature called the Multipool Pro. With its help our users will be able to mine the most profitable coins and use additional useful settings, such as the conversion and the switch settings.

GHash.IO, the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool, has recently expanded its scrypt mining options allowing users to connect their hardware and mine LTC, DOGE, FTC and AUR. Now we have decided to develop features which will maximize the profit of scrypt mining, therefore we are happy to announce the launch of Multipool Pro.

What does ‘Pro’ stand for?

We interpret ‘Pro’ as ‘progressive’, ‘professional’ and ‘profitable’.

Progressive. We did our best to create an innovational scrypt multipool with exclusive features. GHash.IO follows trends and constantly adds new crypto-currencies (LTC, DOGE, FTR and AUR are being mined now). Moreover, the Multipool Pro operates as an integral part of GHash.IO, the #1 Mining Pool, which has shared credentials with the CEX.IO trading platform. Thus, users possess multiple opportunities of gaining additional profit from trading on the price difference. All these pros, in combination with real-time mining stats, make the pool progressive.

Professional. GHash.IO Multipool Pro is more than just a multipool. One of its main advantages lies in smart customization, such as the conversion and the switch settings. Users can not only mine cryptocurrencies, but also choose to convert them into BTC or LTC, as well as configure the miner to drop the current job when switching coins. Such simple, though significant features make our Multipool professional, and at the same time, understandable for both advanced users and beginners.

Profitable. The foundation of a multipool lies in mining the most profitable coin at any given moment, and this principle stays in the heart of the GHash.IO Multipool Pro. Here users are provided with real-time indicators, such as difficulty, block reward, exchange rate and profitability, which are calculated through a special algorithm. They are all shown in the summary table together with the “Last Hour Mining” pie chart. The Multipool Pro will be operating according to the proportional reward system: when a block is found, the reward is distributed among all workers proportionally to how many shares each of them obtained.

Caring about audiences

These three key points are valuable to the main GHash.IO target audiences: progressive — for experts and people keen on novelties; professional — for experienced miners; and profitable — for smart investors. We are confident that everyone will find a profitable niche in our pool and we will be able to satisfy various mining needs.

Finally, allowing users to choose from a wide range of mining options and maintaining our key advantages, such as stable hash-rate and professional support, will strengthen the position of GHash.IO as the #1 Mining Pool.

https://ghash.io/MULTI

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:57:19 AM

Looks like we are out of Beta  Smiley

Indeed very nimble and innovative pool design - love the clever build, flexibility, real-time stats.

Progressive? Definitely!  Professional? I guess.  Profitable? Possibly in time... Not quite there yet.
OhMyCoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Long live Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:37:55 AM

I'm in!
Nice work guys!
lucates

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:21:14 AM

I buyed 250 GHS and realise he mines only with 16%,  84% goes for costs to cex where is logic!!!!!

U loose money 100% take calc in hand!

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
JayBee66

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:12:02 PM

Buyer beware.

There are a lot of CEX.IO shills in this thread. Employed by CEX.IO to beat down any nay-sayers.

Note - Your investment can go down as well as down.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 12:42:54 PM

And the latest scam arrives.......... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

All paid for by noobs at cex.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
semik

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:39:51 PM

And the latest scam arrives.......... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

All paid for by noobs at cex.

How one can get on paybill? Wink
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:42:35 AM

Buyer beware.

There are a lot of CEX.IO shills in this thread. Employed by CEX.IO to beat down any nay-sayers.

Note - Your investment can go down as well as down.

There also a lot of bashers here!  However that being said, I'm don't see how to make a profit at CEX.io right now.   Trading fees kills it for me.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 08:28:21 PM

I buyed 250 GHS and realise he mines only with 16%,  84% goes for costs to cex where is logic!!!!!

U loose money 100% take calc in hand!

The price has been holding up for 3weeks

The fees will go down in B terms if B price goes up but the 84% figure seems like a lot, can you confirm?

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: