Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446018 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JudgeDredd_

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:48:35 PM

This is me when I opened my Tek wallet to stake:
https://i.imgur.com/g4GZqnq.png

Still staking hehe
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 01:48:31 AM

I have a question about staking Tekcoins. Since coins mature every 30+ days, I was wondering if it is possible to receive stakes on the amount staked from the original balance (if you know what I mean). Let's say I have 15000 TEK and I receive 1200 TEK as staking earnings, would that 1200 TEK received from stake be able to mature once it is 30 days or more, or does it only apply to received TEK coins (non staked)? I am confused.  Huh

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Enema

Activity: 445

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:19:28 AM

I have a question about staking Tekcoins. Since coins mature every 30+ days, I was wondering if it is possible to receive stakes on the amount staked from the original balance (if you know what I mean). Let's say I have 15000 TEK and I receive 1200 TEK as staking earnings, would that 1200 TEK received from stake be able to mature once it is 30 days or more, or does it only apply to received TEK coins (non staked)? I am confused.  Huh
ALL your coins will stake after 30+ days.

JudgeDredd_

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:46:37 AM

TekCOIN giveaway
https://twitter.com/TheCoinMarket/status/704859454831988736
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:33:47 AM

I was gonna stay out of this, as it's clearly a private dispute. But I have to say that the posts made by you vs. m33 don't paint  a very professional picture. Take this advice as at least worth what you paid for it, but it's from someone who has done customer service their entire life.

Some customers, despite what they might seem to those who know them, are idiots. Maybe not in all things, maybe not all the time. But there will be a time when you just get too pissed off at somebody to deal with them. So you don't. Not this way.

What would have profited you more was to apologize, restore his account, and PRIVATELY ask him to be a bit more sensitive to the situation. EVEN IF YOU'RE DEAD CERTAIN THAT YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT. Why? Because if you respond as unprofessionally as you have, it makes YOU look like an asshole, even if you weren't. And it does make you look unstable.

I like your exchange. I don't do a lot of business there, and I mainly stay out of troll boxes as they are full of trolls. But if you'd banned me for ONE random comment, even a stupid one, I'd have been pissed off and sought out the competition. OTOH, if you'd have said something like "Biomech, please don't stir the pot", I'd have acknowledged it and moved on. Never gave it a second thought. Some places are more rowdy than others, and you cannot afford to take people personally if you're in business. And yes, I fully realize how hard that can be sometimes. Saying "Have a nice day" when your brain and gut are screaming "skin this fucker" is the mark of a professional. It's easy to conduct good business with easy people. They are not and never will be the test.

Here's the thing, and there's so much more to all of this than really feels appropriate to cover in this thread. I agree with everything you've said, were this another job, and I were working for someone else. But we're working for ourselves, and not for someone else, and we're not trying to be the "professional" exchange. Most of our users understand this, and I would even go as far as to bet as that's why a lot of them keep coming back.

Cryptsy were very professional in the way they told sa_ddam213 to go fuck himself when they lost his BTC 2 years ago (Not related to and separate to the current Cryptsy situation), and they've been very professional up until now, but I don't see anyone sitting around now saying "Yo know what? At least they were very professional about it all.".

So we're not professional, but what you see is exactly what you get with us, and we call it how we see it. We're building a community, and we've outlined rules, and people who don't uphold those rules aren't welcome. Some people use our site because of the coins we don't list, and the people we keep out. Why can't we have our own company culture? So what if you don't agree with it? We're not asking you to use our site, if you don't fit our community we don't even wan you to. Some people seem to struggle with that concept.

If you don't like us, go some where else. If you don't like anywhere else, make your own. If you can't, then deal with it. We're not trying to cater to everyone, we only wanted to make the site we ourselves wanted to use.

Hex, You do have the right to build your business to cater to whomever you please. I, Like biomech have been in customer service for decades, and I totally get what he is saying.  Most of us in small business wish to have as wide of a customer base as possible to maximize profitability.

There is nothing more humbling then telling someone who deserves a ‘kiss my ass and f*** off’ that you appreciate his concerns and will look at trying to improve the process. It is totally up to you if you want to ‘call it like you see it’ as you correctly say you tend to do, or take the more tactful line.  I can recite several instances where I have taken the high road, and have had customers I was ready to write off come back and apologize, and bring me more business.  Never would have happened if I had told them what was on my mind.

I would never suppose to tell you how to run your exchange. If you are comfortable where you are at, more power to you. I have not been offended, and I will still use your services. I know not to ‘poke the bear’.
The reason folks like myself and Biomech even bother to say anything? We see value in what you offer, and wish you the greatest success possible. If we can offer constructive help that costs you nothing, and it really does help, the desire is there to do so.  If on the other hand, you are dead set on doing things as described above, again, your choice. In either case, my vote of thanks was sincere.

If I were to ask for any consideration: I know we are all big boys and girls, but a few less F-bombs would be appreciated.  
Kindest Regards, Joebwan Kanobe.

All I would add to this debate is that we don't know the full story. Even the most professional of people can snap given the right amount of stress. Biomech, your advice is good solid advice given in what I imagine to be a relatively unstressful situation.

However, to my mind, that type of advice is best given in private considering the circumstances. To give it so publicly, as you have done, could even lead to you being considered unprofessional.

It's obvious that strong feelings are evident here. Let's not push people into corners where they might not belong. I suggest that we cool it and move on.

Yeah, I'll drop it. It was given while *I* was cool. I got no dog in the fight. Just a lot of experience with less than stellar intellects in customers Cheesy It's their business. And I like the place. No offense was intended, and maybe it should have been in private, but there seemed to be a war brewing that wasn't serving anyone.

Anyway, moving on.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:29:57 AM

you need to be FAST! to get these it is first come first serve!

somebody nabbed this one, it was up for an hour or more before it was cashed in i think. congrats.  stay tuned for another one soon
lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:42:23 AM

somebody nabbed this one, it was up for an hour or more before it was cashed in i think. congrats.  stay tuned for another one soon

Yep, i grabbed it, 2 hours the code was available on twitter, and i see it and try just for curiossity, and magic, the Code was valid.

Thanks for those 5000 TEC.

Now im interested in this coin  Grin
ntsdm

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 01:39:46 PM

cheap tek,time to buy some
AforAmethyst

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:46:14 PM

Ah ... the plague of the Micro-men! Now, I wonder who they are?

The dreaded Micro-men.  Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.....

Lamont Cranston....

"... dead men, in spite of the legend, do tell. Yes they speak and point with a bony, fleshless finger at their murderers ..."

Cat it looks like you've angered someone. Straight after your post the difficulty shot up from 0.02 to 0.08. I've never seen it that high before. Its now back to 0.02.
Joebwan

Activity: 223

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:08:31 PM

Lamont Cranston....

"... dead men, in spite of the legend, do tell. Yes they speak and point with a bony, fleshless finger at their murderers ..."

Cat it looks like you've angered someone. Straight after your post the difficulty shot up from 0.02 to 0.08. I've never seen it that high before. Its now back to 0.02.

See!  The Shadow has power! :-)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:41:28 PM

Lamont Cranston....

Yeah, judgedredd_ informed everyone that he decided to stake... So I guess he's one of the micro-stakers...
ilidion

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:43:16 PM

I would like to start with this wonderful
currency which will help me with a small donation
TEK BUyiyG9vBjKcX4sFtRZtqmRZhYdCD9fF3v

https://twitter.com/TheCoinMarket/status/704859454831988736
OSMIUMCOIN

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:58:09 PM

Dev have some bounty for my image ? send some Tek thanks my TEK BjwXR2Bfv7MrpEomj8vyYUrEZ996DRJD3r

[/center]

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:41:07 PM

Dev have some bounty for my image ? send some Tek thanks my TEK BjwXR2Bfv7MrpEomj8vyYUrEZ996DRJD3r

Sorry I have nothing i lost everything at crapsy.
JudgeDredd_

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 12:05:12 AM

Lamont Cranston....

Yeah, judgedredd_ informed everyone that he decided to stake... So I guess he's one of the micro-stakers...
That is your conclusion? because I staked, that I am a micro-staker?
Do you even know whats a micro-staker? go do some search.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:08:39 AM

somebody nabbed this one, it was up for an hour or more before it was cashed in i think. congrats.  stay tuned for another one soon

round # 2 is live!

Betgurujackg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:02:59 AM

I was gonna stay out of this, as it's clearly a private dispute. But I have to say that the posts made by you vs. m33 don't paint  a very professional picture. Take this advice as at least worth what you paid for it, but it's from someone who has done customer service their entire life.

Some customers, despite what they might seem to those who know them, are idiots. Maybe not in all things, maybe not all the time. But there will be a time when you just get too pissed off at somebody to deal with them. So you don't. Not this way.

What would have profited you more was to apologize, restore his account, and PRIVATELY ask him to be a bit more sensitive to the situation. EVEN IF YOU'RE DEAD CERTAIN THAT YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT. Why? Because if you respond as unprofessionally as you have, it makes YOU look like an asshole, even if you weren't. And it does make you look unstable.

I like your exchange. I don't do a lot of business there, and I mainly stay out of troll boxes as they are full of trolls. But if you'd banned me for ONE random comment, even a stupid one, I'd have been pissed off and sought out the competition. OTOH, if you'd have said something like "Biomech, please don't stir the pot", I'd have acknowledged it and moved on. Never gave it a second thought. Some places are more rowdy than others, and you cannot afford to take people personally if you're in business. And yes, I fully realize how hard that can be sometimes. Saying "Have a nice day" when your brain and gut are screaming "skin this fucker" is the mark of a professional. It's easy to conduct good business with easy people. They are not and never will be the test.

Here's the thing, and there's so much more to all of this than really feels appropriate to cover in this thread. I agree with everything you've said, were this another job, and I were working for someone else. But we're working for ourselves, and not for someone else, and we're not trying to be the "professional" exchange. Most of our users understand this, and I would even go as far as to bet as that's why a lot of them keep coming back.

Cryptsy were very professional in the way they told sa_ddam213 to go fuck himself when they lost his BTC 2 years ago (Not related to and separate to the current Cryptsy situation), and they've been very professional up until now, but I don't see anyone sitting around now saying "Yo know what? At least they were very professional about it all.".

So we're not professional, but what you see is exactly what you get with us, and we call it how we see it. We're building a community, and we've outlined rules, and people who don't uphold those rules aren't welcome. Some people use our site because of the coins we don't list, and the people we keep out. Why can't we have our own company culture? So what if you don't agree with it? We're not asking you to use our site, if you don't fit our community we don't even wan you to. Some people seem to struggle with that concept.

If you don't like us, go some where else. If you don't like anywhere else, make your own. If you can't, then deal with it. We're not trying to cater to everyone, we only wanted to make the site we ourselves wanted to use.

Hex, You do have the right to build your business to cater to whomever you please. I, Like biomech have been in customer service for decades, and I totally get what he is saying.  Most of us in small business wish to have as wide of a customer base as possible to maximize profitability.

There is nothing more humbling then telling someone who deserves a ‘kiss my ass and f*** off’ that you appreciate his concerns and will look at trying to improve the process. It is totally up to you if you want to ‘call it like you see it’ as you correctly say you tend to do, or take the more tactful line.  I can recite several instances where I have taken the high road, and have had customers I was ready to write off come back and apologize, and bring me more business.  Never would have happened if I had told them what was on my mind.

I would never suppose to tell you how to run your exchange. If you are comfortable where you are at, more power to you. I have not been offended, and I will still use your services. I know not to ‘poke the bear’.
The reason folks like myself and Biomech even bother to say anything? We see value in what you offer, and wish you the greatest success possible. If we can offer constructive help that costs you nothing, and it really does help, the desire is there to do so.  If on the other hand, you are dead set on doing things as described above, again, your choice. In either case, my vote of thanks was sincere.

If I were to ask for any consideration: I know we are all big boys and girls, but a few less F-bombs would be appreciated.  
Kindest Regards, Joebwan Kanobe.

All I would add to this debate is that we don't know the full story. Even the most professional of people can snap given the right amount of stress. Biomech, your advice is good solid advice given in what I imagine to be a relatively unstressful situation.

However, to my mind, that type of advice is best given in private considering the circumstances. To give it so publicly, as you have done, could even lead to you being considered unprofessional.

It's obvious that strong feelings are evident here. Let's not push people into corners where they might not belong. I suggest that we cool it and move on.

Yeah, I'll drop it. It was given while *I* was cool. I got no dog in the fight. Just a lot of experience with less than stellar intellects in customers Cheesy It's their business. And I like the place. No offense was intended, and maybe it should have been in private, but there seemed to be a war brewing that wasn't serving anyone.

Anyway, moving on.

Cat name Joe , I Guess you should have followed your own advice and inbox biomech than posting here !
walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:58:49 AM

Lamont Cranston....

Apologies if I was jumping to conclusions, but you did post that you started staking when the difficulty was at 0.02, and were 'still staking hehe' when it was right up at 0.05... That was the implication that I drew from it, at least...

I've never seen the difficulty as high as it got, and it's making the annual interest ridiculously low... If that wasn't down to you, then as I said, apologies for making assumptions... But if it was, then please combine your blocks...
Joebwan

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 01:12:42 PM

Difficulty is .0165  still high but coming down. Be ready!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Joebwan

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 02:16:27 PM

Lamont Cranston....

Judgedredd, Are you aware that you are really taking a beating on interest by staking when difficulty is this high? Right now you would be lucky to even approach 10% per month, where if you can wait until diff is .0001 or less, you can get upwards of 30% to the full 40%.  I don't want to assume you are a newbie, but most folks are waiting.  Even if you wait beyond the 30 days, your stake is prorated for the extra days up to 90 days, so you won't lose out by holding off.  If you know all of this and are just using a different strategy please disregard.

Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: