Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:14:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 291 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 597301 times)
Amazing

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:03:10 PM

Hi,  I've been setting up BOINC and Gridcoin for the last week, trying to work out all the troubleshooting.  I had trouble getting my CPID associated with the wallet because (1) didn't have any GRC balance, and then realized the coins I bought on Poloniex I couldn't withdraw.  (2)  Then it took me a while to get my RAC up high enough, but up to this point I believe I've gotten my cpid associated with my wallet and with the 3 CPUs I have BOINCing.  I'm a little confused about why the wallet keeps sending out Beacons?  The wallet has sent out 6 Beacons, yet during this time I still haven't received any incoming transactions in terms of reward for the computing work I'm doing. 

When I 'list cpids' I get the 3 projects I'm working on, and they all have true, and the same CPID listed. 
When

When I 'beacon report'  I can find my CPID, but there is a curious informality with the rest of the other CPIDs.  It seems like they list the CPID left-hand column and the GRC address in the right hand column... "CPID" : "GRCAddress"

But when I find my CPID in the list the right hand column has no GRC Address, but instead a "", mark  Huh Huh?

Does anyone else know if this is normal?  Am I going to start receiving POR or Staking rewards?  I thought there were 2 super-blocks a day and I would be receiving daily payments (they way I do in pools for mining other cryptocurrencies)  And when will I stop sending out beacons?

Please, any clarification will be reassuring.  I've been searching different forums for the answer but haven't found any resources yet. 
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:32:05 PM

Hey Amazing, what is the GRC balance in your wallet? If it is zero then you won't receive any reward. You need a positive balance.

Can you come to the IRC chat on freenode and we can sort this out: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin

Hi,  I've been setting up BOINC and Gridcoin for the last week, trying to work out all the troubleshooting.  I had trouble getting my CPID associated with the wallet because (1) didn't have any GRC balance, and then realized the coins I bought on Poloniex I couldn't withdraw.  (2)  Then it took me a while to get my RAC up high enough, but up to this point I believe I've gotten my cpid associated with my wallet and with the 3 CPUs I have BOINCing.  I'm a little confused about why the wallet keeps sending out Beacons?  The wallet has sent out 6 Beacons, yet during this time I still haven't received any incoming transactions in terms of reward for the computing work I'm doing. 

When I 'list cpids' I get the 3 projects I'm working on, and they all have true, and the same CPID listed. 
When

When I 'beacon report'  I can find my CPID, but there is a curious informality with the rest of the other CPIDs.  It seems like they list the CPID left-hand column and the GRC address in the right hand column... "CPID" : "GRCAddress"

But when I find my CPID in the list the right hand column has no GRC Address, but instead a "", mark  Huh Huh?

Does anyone else know if this is normal?  Am I going to start receiving POR or Staking rewards?  I thought there were 2 super-blocks a day and I would be receiving daily payments (they way I do in pools for mining other cryptocurrencies)  And when will I stop sending out beacons?

Please, any clarification will be reassuring.  I've been searching different forums for the answer but haven't found any resources yet. 
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:34:22 AM

Hey Amazing, what is the GRC balance in your wallet? If it is zero then you won't receive any reward. You need a positive balance.

Can you come to the IRC chat on freenode and we can sort this out: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin

When

I just realized the same thin g with my wallet I forgot I had to have some coins  Cheesy

How much do I need exactly?
Quezacoatl

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:47:50 AM

To start Gridcoin mining, in theory 1 GRC is enough. The more you have, the FASTER you will stake your first block. The amount of GRC staking/being in your walllet has no effect on the amount of mined GRC by research.

@ Amazing: What you can do is encrypt your walllet and unlock it for staking only. Then it can't send more beacons. Usually it should stop sending beacons once you are in the superblock.
It is normal that the GRC Adress field is not populated in the execute beaconreport until your first reward AFAIK.

Whats your CPID? I am curious whether we have an issue here or whether you just need patience Smiley I suppose its the latter. Be patient the first GRC will come in soon! Also: Don't expect payments every day if your balance is quite low as well as your magnitude. But remember, we have a lookback period so if you stake one block in 6 months you will be fully paid for all research done within the last 6 months. Smiley
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:23:09 PM

To start Gridcoin mining, in theory 1 GRC is enough. The more you have, the FASTER you will stake your first block. The amount of GRC staking/being in your walllet has no effect on the amount of mined GRC by research.

@ Amazing: What you can do is encrypt your walllet and unlock it for staking only. Then it can't send more beacons. Usually it should stop sending beacons once you are in the superblock.
It is normal that the GRC Adress field is not populated in the execute beaconreport until your first reward AFAIK.

Whats your CPID? I am curious whether we have an issue here or whether you just need patience Smiley I suppose its the latter. Be patient the first GRC will come in soon! Also: Don't expect payments every day if your balance is quite low as well as your magnitude. But remember, we have a lookback period so if you stake one block in 6 months you will be fully paid for all research done within the last 6 months. Smiley

How long does the magnitude take to update after I deposit balance to my wallet? is it 24 hours?  Huh

I have 2000 GRC in my wallet and saw two Beacons going out for 0.0011 but my magnitude is still showing 0.00
Quezacoatl

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:56:13 PM

How long does the magnitude take to update after I deposit balance to my wallet? is it 24 hours?  Huh

I have 2000 GRC in my wallet and saw two Beacons going out for 0.0011 but my magnitude is still showing 0.00

Depending on the projects you participate its possible that your magnitude will stay very low. Whats your CPID and which projects are you researching for?
Well within 24 hours you should definetely be included in the superblock.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:58:10 AM

The State of Gridcoin: Charts, Statistics and Figures

http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-state-of-gridcoin-charts-statistics.html

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:47:47 AM

How long does the magnitude take to update after I deposit balance to my wallet? is it 24 hours?  Huh

Depending on the projects you participate its possible that your magnitude will stay very low. Whats your CPID and which projects are you researching for?

My magnitude right now is 46 how long before I receive the first payment?
sEpuLchEr

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

Are we there yet?

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:12:59 AM

Gridcoin Research 3.5.1.7/MSI=35.9
Mandatory Upgrade (before block 364500)

- Plugged vulnerability discovered by bitcoin - please upgrade to this new version asap
- Added checkpoint
- Research Age starts at block 364500
- Mandatory (auto disconnect of other nodes) automatically starts at 364500
- Added business logic to verify superblocks to enforce quality of magnitude averages and project averages
- Only lock neural network grid/buttons during sync, show the progress bar, sync efficiency improved, allow user to minimize during sync
  Note: Efficiency will not improve until 364500 Smiley
- Retreive explainmagnitude from a synced node otherwise retry (with daily limit of 10 retries)
- Superblock Spacing: 86400
- Expanded block index starts at 364500 (stores votes/superblock indicators more efficiently)
- Added logging to Neural Network sync process (Dreibo, please check debug2.txt)
- Lets burn this in tonight and verify everything (even though we won't be in the RA phase) - before we ask the exchanges to upgrade

Quezacoatl

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:11:06 AM

That is okay, the first payment might take a while, depennding on your balance. A balance of 1 Million GRC will take 16 hours to become mature from the time of being transfered to your wallt plus ~1 minute to stake, a balance of 1 GRC will take 16 hours to become mature plus ~weeks to stake. The rest is somwhere in between.

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX78dSvg8kg (~500 GRC, 3 days)
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:21:07 PM

That is okay, the first payment might take a while, depennding on your balance. A balance of 1 Million GRC will take 16 hours to become mature from the time of being transfered to your wallt plus ~1 minute to stake, a balance of 1 GRC will take 16 hours to become mature plus ~weeks to stake. The rest is somwhere in between.

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX78dSvg8kg (~500 GRC, 3 days)

Thanks for explaining!
So with the new hard fork what's going to be different exactly?
Quezacoatl

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:23:48 AM

With Research Age we now have
  • 6 months lookback period instead of 14 days
  • a maximum magnitude cap of 20000 (now its ~850 to get the maximum payment)
  • Maximum research subsidy in one block will be 13500 instead of 75 right now

That means we can now support/pay 180000 researchers in theory because one staked block in 6 months will be enough to be paid out completely. And as we have 1000 blocks a day over 180 days we can support 180000 researchers/miners which means "unlimited" scalability. The past system could support ~800 or less. Again, everyone is researching on his own, there are no pools necessary to get fully paid!

If we ever reach 100k researchers I believe we will find a solution. The easiest one would be pools, but that means centralization so we would like to avoid that.
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:52:59 AM

do I need a new wallet or something? where to download?

THX!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

diks
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1450

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:21:14 PM

do I need a new wallet or something? where to download?

THX!

click "upgrade qt-client" in wallet menu

traderman
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:57:23 PM

Gridcoin Research 3.5.1.8/MSI=36.0
Mandatory Upgrade (before block 364500)

- Fixed getinfo/explainmagnitude/Literal error
- Added witnesses field to Neural Network (When a supermajority of the NN participants agree on one CPIDs individual project RAC on a given day, the nodes will share the information during the quorum for the duration of the day) resulting in higher efficiency and less re-querying project sites for that distinct entry.
  Grid is no longer locked during syncing.  Note that the sync should speed up after our next superblock.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-986#entry197918
Quezacoatl

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:58:06 PM

We got it, transition went smooth. Research Age has begun (I like the ambivalence of that sentence)

https://twitter.com/PiGrid_com/status/657340914508132353
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:33:11 AM

We got it, transition went smooth. Research Age has begun (I like the ambivalence of that sentence)

Version 3.5.1.9 already. wow many upgrades going on  Roll Eyes
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:03:48 PM

LOL, This is nothing compared to what we had before. This was the smoothest upgrade we ever had.

Version 3.5.1.9 already. wow many upgrades going on  Roll Eyes
stoner6626

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:02:37 AM

WHen most other coins took a shit during the bitcoin rally, gridcoin remains one of the few in the green.  Impressive Smiley
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:20:37 PM

How many coins a day with r9 280x, or it is not mineable?
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 291 »
  Print  

Jump to: