Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:05:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC at end of bounty campaign  (Read 3296 times)
Coinhype

Activity: 204
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:26:44 AM

I participate in many bounty campagins, but i never had to make an KYC process. Why should i do a KYC for bounty? KYC means Know Your Customer, and im not a customer as Bounty hunter. Im more an employee. So KYC for bounty hunters are totally unnecessary. I wouldnt participate in a bounty when theres a KYC needed. But when they announce the kyc on the end of the bounty, i would do it. Because you investet time in the bounty project and there money you will lose!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:29:03 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
This is unfair to us bounty hunters, they did not inform us in the beginning and once the bounty ends they will ask a kyc which is not necessary for the bounty hunters. We are not directly putting investments into them with a little stakes and share of rewards, it's not worth for our personal information we give them for the sake of kyc.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:30:07 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
We don't have alternatives.
This requirement is especially annoying if it is said at the end of the bounty. Not everyone is ready to send photos of passports to strangers.

Igorpap2

Activity: 238

BAANX - https://baanx.com

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:35:21 AM

I am positive about the KYC for the bounty of companies! I think this will reduce the number of multi-accounts and bots in the bounty!
But, the KYC should be at the end, when everyone is fairly sure that the project is not SCAM ... and payments will be made to the members of the bounty!
bisdak40

Activity: 2282
Merit: 547

This too shall pass

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:36:22 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?
This KYC thing for bounty hunters is one way of combating cheaters with apply multiple accounts in a single ICO campaign. For me i am in favor of that move if it would be announce at the start of bounty campaign because we have the option of joining or not the campaign.
SGToken

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:51:45 AM

Horses on a crossing do not change. ICO rules should be spelled out at the beginning and then should not change. This is my opinion. But maybe we don't know some details. Perhaps the ICO themselves are victims of government lawlessness. Coinbase was also forced to pass data about some users retroactively. People themselves to blame. A lot of people left by the user of this exchange now. Evil must always be punished.
Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:53:50 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

I see it as good thing. At least this will run away people who are scammers and filling up the bounties with alts. This actually reduces the marketing and the advertising funds are distributed for nothing! Later in the time this affects the project severely and it can affect the prices of the tokens and coins. Also if they are accepting the KYC it means we do have proof of investment with us and thus these ICO projects wont be able to scam us as we can show legally that they took our KYC and we can track our transaction that way. This is what I am thinking about it I mean there could be different story behind this but these facts could be true as well and cant be ignored.

What side do you see kyc is good thing for bounty? If the reason is scammers then they can do something to hide them from the team. Its never affecting to project itself but it can impact to anonymous of our world and all people will know us.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:56:37 AM

On the othe hand in the bounty thread they always state they can do what they want and change the rules. I mean, in the real world a contract like that would not even be legal.
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:01:03 AM

So campaigns have used KYC to screen out some of the participate that helped in spreading their ICO. Am not against any KYC but it will be nice it is will introduced at the beginning of the campaign before payment.
rosebit

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:04:30 AM

To me i believe that one should not be afraid of KYC If you know that you dont have a multiple account there is nothing wrong with that but the ICO campaign must announce it before anything .this will save some peoples time from doing the ICO.Because not everybody want to do the KYC.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

For me, I think KYC is a good thing. It is one way for us to verify if you are indeed a real person or not and to avoid multiple accounts as well. Like in Syncfab and Savedroid, after their bounty program, they have announced that we would undergo KYC procedure before distributing the tokens to our wallets. Just sayin’.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
subbotina

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:05:21 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

This is not fair at all. All these conditions should be mentioned at the time of starting the campaign only. You should report such cases to moderators.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:09:10 AM

If for example I participate in a bounty program and in the end they require me to do KYC stuff, I will let it go. Simply put, I do not want to risk my data to strangers. Currently KYC looks like a must. So for me, I'd rather wait for tokens to hit an exchange, to buy some as an investment, if I see something promising from a project, instead of participating during the token sale.

loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

Im fine with KYC but I also think that the developers have to provide us with the same information. We're investing huge sums of money into their business and we have to be sure they're real people
demitazh

Activity: 168

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:22:37 AM

I also have difficulty if I have to verify KYC, because until now I do not have a passport. in my country make pasport very difficult. I hope for the future bounty no need KYC

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
ZAROBLYATOR

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:27:39 AM

I won’t trust projects and managers if they announce KYC in the end of bounty campaign. I won’t sell my ID for a thousand unknown tokens. In my opinion, managers must write about KYC in the beginning!

Also, cheaters can buy KYC data in darknet and pass all verifications. This procedure won’t stop cheaters.
jhenz20

Activity: 321

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:29:27 AM

KYC is fine for me, the campaign managers have the right to change the rules anytime to ensure that the bounty hunters has no double account. KYC is a professional way to know who is the real people that has joined in the campaign. It is fair for all the bounty hunter. Before we join the bounty, we study thier project and we did not stop to support them so if the project required for KYC we should need to support it also.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:38:37 PM

Is this fair?

What do you think?
Sometimes whether we like or not for changing the rules we still do nothing about it. Besides if ever that happen I know that in every problem there is a solution. Aside from that I don't see any problem with the KYC though it is much better if there is no KYC.
clonedone

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:43:24 PM

There are too many scam projects in ICO now. And what if one of these projects requires KYC from you at the beginning or at the end? Therefore I don't think that KYC is a good and necessary thing for bounty and cryptocurrency.
Vandemos

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:47:25 PM

There are too many scam projects in ICO now. And what if one of these projects requires KYC from you at the beginning or at the end? Therefore I don't think that KYC is a good and necessary thing for bounty and cryptocurrency.
might be good if all bounty told to KYC,
now too many double accounts and maybe kyc will hinder it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: