Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:20:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC at end of bounty campaign  (Read 3296 times)
lolek_bolek

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:31:13 AM

I do understand why they do it, they want to stop people with multiple and fake accounts.
However I agree with you that they should announce this at the start because I personally would never participate in a bounty campaign if I knew there was KYC.
But because they all say that the rules can change during the campaign there is nothing you can do about it.
I have participated in 2 campaigns on bitcointalk where I got nothing or stopped during the campaign because some stupid rules came forth in the middle of the campaign so now I'm trying to only participate on bounties outside bitcointalk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:31:49 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?

I see it as good thing. At least this will run away people who are scammers and filling up the bounties with alts. This actually reduces the marketing and the advertising funds are distributed for nothing! Later in the time this affects the project severely and it can affect the prices of the tokens and coins. Also if they are accepting the KYC it means we do have proof of investment with us and thus these ICO projects wont be able to scam us as we can show legally that they took our KYC and we can track our transaction that way. This is what I am thinking about it I mean there could be different story behind this but these facts could be true as well and cant be ignored.
sinthan

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 06:33:03 AM

I think KYC is good to be announce in the thread before the bounty start, Honestly in my opinion it's good to have KYC because we can avoid cheater in bounty campaign with their multiple account.But sometime i feel uncomfortable for giving my personal data to the company that i never knew before. Crypto world are anonymous but with KYC it will become not anonymous more.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:38:33 AM

I've said it before, a campaign I participated in wanted me a kyc. I just do not know how trustworthy these projects are, which makes it very ridiculous, ico that bounty campaign is being given for kyc. Unfortunately we can not complain to anyone

timet678

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:46:12 AM

Sounds like bullshit to me. Rules like that should be announced before the bounty campaign starts.

agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:52:03 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?

i think its not needed to do KYC for bounty hunters, coz their not a real investor, although many of them will hold their bounty reward but many of them actually doing for only fast cash with do support and spread the word about project that their particiapted and then sell the token/coin, so i think its not necessary needed.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:59:49 AM

i basically have no problem with the kyc process if multiaccounts etc. can be excluded.
everyone benefits from this.

Nevertheless, this should be clear from the beginning and not be inserted by changing the rules.
taongam

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:01:55 AM

What is KYC? KYC is "Know Your Customer", bounty hunters are not their customers! Bounty hunters help promote, develop communities, introduce projects ... The rules like that should be announced before the bounty campaign starts .Exactly they are not willing to paid , these projects require bounty hunters KYC , I never joined.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:12:10 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

Currently, KYC become commons on bounty program. KYC on end of program maybe because bounty manager does not know about KYC. They just manage bounty program for company who hire them
Suslived

Activity: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:26:18 AM

That is very unfair and i believe those are campaigns that are actually scams anyway. Regardless, i believe these kinds of campaigns should be reported. Hopefully the moderators can take action on this. Imagine how disappointing it would be to join a campaign that asked you to post 10 times daily and at then end of a month tell you "thanks for posting but sorry, you don't qualify after all." Bullshit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:39:34 AM

I believe that if project managers want verification of their investors or users, they should state this before the sale of their coins, and when it is done after raising funds, and many also ask to transfer the commission for withdrawing coins, this undermines the belief in the project itself and reduces the trust of participants.
cryptoman1ac

Activity: 182