Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:50:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2989 times)
anna.cayne

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:42:36 PM

So, it is safe to put your tokens in exchange, if the exchange has all the safety features and Google auth function for the input and transmission, your tokens are completely safe.
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:15:17 PM

So, it is safe to put your tokens in exchange, if the exchange has all the safety features and Google auth function for the input and transmission, your tokens are completely safe.

That is not completely true. If the exchange does not have proper infrastructure and security measures in place to protect their hot wallets, the tokens can still be lost.

Once you transfer your tokens to an exchange, it is just a ledger entry in their books. Some of the tokens are stored in a cold offline wallet while the rest of the tokens have to be stored in a hot wallet for liquidity purposes.
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:16:59 PM

Many of this thing are doing of those people which is wise. If they think wallet from outside exchanges are not trustworthy, they store it in markets. I agree with this dids mate but make sure before storing it in some exchanges, make sure that its a secure market.
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:37:45 PM

at any use of personal data at a conclusion from some stock exchanges it is necessary to be accurately!
Pecinan

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:40:10 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
if you put your tokens in the decentralized market I think it could be risky, because the world of crypto is full of risks, so my advice you should have a wallet to store your tokens
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 07:58:05 PM

Tokens stored anywhere are not safe, especially in exchanges, because it can be hacked at any time and will no longer work. It is better to store  tokens on the hardware purse in  opinion.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:04:42 PM

Tokens stored anywhere are not safe, especially in exchanges, because it can be hacked at any time and will no longer work. It is better to store  tokens on the hardware purse in  opinion.

but good exchange compensate the loss if it happens. besides big exchanges are making progress in providing security systems so it will be a hard task to hack them.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
kskwerl

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:39:22 PM

no, it's not safe. Exchange are much more often attacked by scammers. There are alternative options that will help reduce the risk of damage to a minimum. You just need to understand the typology of electronic wallets and choose the most suitable option for your needs from the number of proven applications.
abitgelluh

Activity: 174

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:44:54 PM

but good exchange compensate the loss if it happens. besides big exchanges are making progress in providing security systems so it will be a hard task to hack them.
what if the coinsmarkets happen to the exchange you mean? will they replace all the money that has been hacked? I think it's not possible because the amount is too big so I think the safest is saving itself
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:45:57 PM

It is not safe to store your tokens on the exchanges, because there is a high risk that you lose them sooner or later, even if the exchange is decentralized. The risk is very clear with the centralized exchanges which can simply scam you anytime, or getting hacked. The same issue of security is existent with the decentralized exchanges, and we remember the security problems in the famous exchange Etheredelta a few months ago.
TheSmo

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:16:17 PM

this is not safe, because some exchanges have technical problems that do not allow to use tokens when it is needed. secondly, it is the exchanges that are most often hacked by hackers, and there are many examples. try alternative storage methods, there are now enough of them.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:21:08 PM

Well the safety of exchanges vary, some exchanges are safer than others are. We all have heard of hack cases where millions of dollars worth cryptocurrency has been stolen never to be recovered again, I'd therefore won't advice anyone to store coins in exchanges unless you trade often, and even then don't put too much, store your tokens in your wallet, if possible hardware wallets

Bitcoin to the moon
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:29:07 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

You can keep your tokens in exchanges but you should have all the security measures like Sign-in alert, authenticator, etc., activated. However, exchanges do sometimes get hacked so its better to keep your tokens in your wallet of which you have the private keys to access. Your best bet can be a hardware wallet like Trezor.

vertinfos

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:31:19 PM

Yes, more than reliable , of course with the cold wallet can not be compared , but for example on binance to keep more than
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:39:48 PM

Yes, more than reliable , of course with the cold wallet can not be compared , but for example on binance to keep more than
It is more safer to put all your tokens in exchange site because you're already know that it has a potential to grow compared to unvalue token it's more risky ,it may result to scams.
Trollinator

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:41:50 PM

No, no, no!! Never!! The only safe place to store your cryptos is in a Nano Ledger. This is not a debatable topic; anyone who does, does so at their own risk!!
antolinicio1

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:43:14 PM

It depends on that on how many long you plan to hoanit tokens. If long you don't lerdat, then the best option - to hold at the exchange. If you want to hold tokens long, then it is the best of all to use equipment rooms and e-wallets. Appartany purses are considered as the safest, but they cost money.

Long Bitcoin , Short the Bankers
RyabovRavel86

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:39:40 PM

If you have a long-term trader, it is better to create a wallet on your computer and have there the coin, but if you have a daily trader, you need to store your coins in return.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:42:41 PM

Trusted exchanges are very safe. But there's still a chance of some "technical issues" so no one is 100% safe, nothing to do with that Sad

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:50:35 PM

I think that you take it only to the head about the safety of your wallet. On the exchange, hackers can steal. There are a lot of ways to steal and deceive people. Simply, I'll take a look at the addresses of the links you are going through. And not when the links do not go to the number of wallets
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: