Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you choose Altcoin .. ??  (Read 4294 times)
Denijal

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:18:33 AM

Project Shivom.
ICO started yesterday.
Shivom will enable DNA data donors to collaborate with revolutionary changemakers in healthcare industry and contribute to an unprecedented era of medical marvels.
I took them already for some bounty campaigns because I want to take as more as possible their coins. Via bounty and ICO..
Great team and HYPE.
More than 45.000 Twitter followers and 65.000 Telegram users...
They already found 10 investors and partners like Bancor, HitBtc, Coinomi...
Sounds like it could be one of those great 2018 coins?
gune68gune

Activity: 181
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:04:03 AM

I see the Altcoin's purpose and function. Then, how much the project is interested investors. Determining the short-term or long-term investment is the next step.
Before participating in bounty I see the allocation and the team first.
hekimogluburaketem

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:48:39 AM

There are three things I look at first. Whitepaper, roadmad, team. You should look for their whitepaper, you should look at what it is, why it is. Research the team behind coin and you should research how strong they are. After on you can look at what people think about this coin in this forum. ICOrating sites also can help you, but these are not very important. After you have searched for 10-15 coins, you will get an idea that which coin may be good.
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:05:12 AM

For me, I only choose altcoin which's old or long lasted on its popularity until now, well many things related on it including knowing some articles/information related to altcoin. For bounty, I personally not so interested in bounty which basically it's indeed quite profitable if joined. And about a particular of the project, of course.., it's the more we can learn/deepen on the basics of that's project nowadays, it should be able to deepen from the various things, that had been answered from some people.
bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:22:22 AM

Its hard to choose a good coin when a coin with great promise and one which was just made for the memes occupy the same page on coinmarketcap. This is all due to speculation. With speculation, the true value of a coin is obfuscated, only to be uncovered when the speculators leave and proceed onto the next big thing. The good thing with that is whenever they leave, the true value of the coin comes and then what drives the price is the technology of the coin and the team behind it. Nothing else. Or just go with an ICO that shows promise, like Multiversum.
canque31

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:53:55 AM

Its hard to choose a good coin when a coin with great promise and one which was just made for the memes occupy the same page on coinmarketcap. This is all due to speculation. With speculation, the true value of a coin is obfuscated, only to be uncovered when the speculators leave and proceed onto the next big thing. The good thing with that is whenever they leave, the true value of the coin comes and then what drives the price is the technology of the coin and the team behind it. Nothing else. Or just go with an ICO that shows promise, like Multiversum.

Before I choose what coin I will invest it's better to know first it's background. I also read it's information in the internet and find evidence that, that specific coin is trusted. It's better checking the background first before investing to avoid scam.
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:41:32 AM

choose altcoin, preferably and analysis first, how much total coin is issued, and how many digits, then who produces it?
how to follow the bounty project by looking at the potential of the coin, then the dev team is trusted or not, see the project realistically or not?
good luck, spirit
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:54:29 PM

Noteworthy in Altcoin, where general theories are less applicable and there are no official rules in many things including trading, the main factors most influential in the analysis are the information, whoever has more information then the greater the chance of profit or avoid losses, including the initial information end-process pump-dump, person / figure / group / investor / whale / investor who influential in market trend.
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:01:06 PM

I see the Altcoin's purpose and function. Then, how much the project is interested investors. Determining the short-term or long-term investment is the next step.
Before participating in bounty I see the allocation and the team first.
token function is main indicator that usually investor look.will this project be usefull or useless it can be see from this token  utility.and second indicator is team behind the project.have they an experience in blockchain or not?

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:48:22 PM

Actually, choosing altcoin is not that easy to do as well as choosing ICO bounty. Both are connected to each other because when you choose an ICO bounty you already choosing an altcoin. And here is my techniques in choosing bounty; check the team of the project and whose behind it. check the whitepaper , see if there is an active telegram channel, see the comments also about the project and then you check the participants and its feedback's.

real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:16:42 PM

How do you choose Altcoin...??!
And how do you choose a bounty project ... ??!
Please give me your opinion, because your opinion will be very useful for me who is still as a beginner ..

I think there is a big correlation between the volume and the popularity of an altcoin. And also I think, this two have a big affect on the future of an altcoin. In addition to these, the news about a coin can be a good guide.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:44:21 PM

How do you choose Altcoin...??!
And how do you choose a bounty project ... ??!
Please give me your opinion, because your opinion will be very useful for me who is still as a beginner ..

I choose altcoins that are within the top 50 most of the time. I also have several altcoins outside the top 50 but most of these are very new ones, either coming from my campaigns or simply bought because I truly believed in them or bought during the ICOs. Choosing a bounty project is very much similar to choosing the best altcoin to invest in. Choose those that you think are going to succeed, or those that have products already.
kalleea

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:51:46 PM

If you are looking for good profit in the future you must first look at the MarketCap and Total number of coins. A coin with large coin supply (billions) can't grow very much in the future, not even 1$.
My choice: Masari.
It's a Monero fork, good relashionship with Monero, only 18.5 millions total coin supply and it's still early, only 3000 sats on SouthXchange and Tradeogre.
If you count that Masari uses a weighted harmonic mean difficulty adjustment algorithm for smoother difficulty adjustment, which has been PR'd back to Monero you already have a kick-ass coin. It also has only ever used RingCT, has a fixed ring size of 13, and we plan on adding uncle mining and researching block tree sharding.

Cheers !
crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:27:38 PM

Choosing an altcoin is not easy, you have to choose a good technology that you think has the potential in the future. The coin that keeps on developing that will make a lot of support from people. Still, you can’t be sure if it will the price will really increase drastically, so you also have to trust your altcoins.
For a bounty, you need to check the whitepaper, the dev team and the whitepaper as well in order to get a good campaign.
budong

Activity: 210

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:30:43 PM

Before jumping into altcoins (alternative currencies to the bitcoin e.g Steem), when starting of one needs to look out for the dominating currencies that everyone keeps talking about.

budong

Activity: 210

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:32:02 PM

As you can see there seems to be a correlation between the available supply of the currency and its price, hence from personal experience i would advise that for a long term and more stable investment you look out for coins with a relatively low supply.

MfzbCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:34:56 PM

However there some like XRP (ripple) that have a very large supply; these cannot be ignored because they may have a much more practical use, for instance XRP is used by banks to move massive volumes of money because of it's stability, quickness and large supply implying that when it increases in value up to say 1 USD, investment at the current price would be extremely profitable.
MfzbCoin

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Trade altcoin markets that have significant volume
Trade altcoins that have community support
Trade altcoins that offer innovation over existing coins
MfzbCoin

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:37:35 PM

Many new traders make the mistake of picking random coins that offer no innovation, have low community support, and lack trading volume. When they dump, you’re left bag holding a bunch of coins worth next to nothing. With altcoins, trading volume is a must. As a rule of thumb, don’t trade an altcoin market that has a 24 hour volume under $100,000.
MfzbCoin

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:38:12 PM

A market with little trading volume is easily manipulated by insiders, pumpers, and bigger traders. Stick to the liquid coins and you’ll have an extra layer of protection.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: