Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:55:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we really need to hold altcoins  (Read 2320 times)
Iyanu14 (OP)

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:18:22 AM

Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 10:21:59 AM

from my 1 year experience on the crypto currency. i always keep alt only. alt is very good investment compare to btc. if we need to invest on btc , we have invest lot of. but in alt we can start with little money. if you find potential alts you are rich.
these days my picks are

PRL
ZIL
SENC

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:38:14 AM

if you someone who likes to just invest, bitcoin will be the king today and almost in the future. So throw your money at alts riskier than BTC. But if you someone who wants to get more BTC, you should trading ALTS. I mean alts by design is to make more BTC. well, dyor and this not an investment advice.
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:41:49 AM

I have only been in the crypto for a few months, during which time I see that bitcoin is still an indicator and can affects other alt, whether it will go up or down. I am also not good at researching and choosing an investment, therefore I only hold the bitcoin and alt popular (top 10 alt in cmc).

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:47:57 AM

For an investment you are free to choose bitcoin and altcoin because that will be worth. I'm not going to decide that this good coin or that coin is not good, it just makes me a fool. But that make me a strange is, someone who come and investing in cryptocurrency they just choose bitcoin only for an investment, they just altcoin only for an investment I mean they didn't choose bitcoin. But I have a confidence for those people who came to this world they will have invested on altcoin and bitcoin.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:49:04 AM

From the thousands of coins and tokens that exists, probably 5-10 that are usable for a specific reason and no, CoinMarketCap is not an indicator of how useful a coin is. For example, Bitcoin is a must to hold while BitcoinCash is simply a shitty fork regardless of its current price. Ripple is centralized and It's unlikely to go anywhere in the near future and so on..
Nekrasova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:51:00 AM

Alt  is very Good Investment, so it is good to hold
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:53:20 AM

probably 5-10 that are usable for a specific reason
I'd say it's even less than that.  Bitcoin itself barely gets used for anything that resembles real commerce.

ETH?  Never owned it, and I'm not sure what it's good for other than ICOs
LTC?   It's always been silver to bitcoin's gold, but does anyone really spend it?  Doubt it.
DOGE?  Nope.  Nobody spends it and very few places take it, and you can't earn it.

And there are a whole bunch of similar coins of varying popularity.  What they all have in common is that people buy and sell them for the sake of doing so, and they serve no economic purpose.

No, you don't need to hold altcoins unless you want to be one of the cool kids.
Vanester2014

Activity: 236

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:53:51 AM

It depends on you if you realy want to hold your altcoins no ones bother you about that. If your see that you already earn a good profit then why not, the main reason why i am holding my altcoins since i dont have  a good profit yet so i will hold it and patiently wait for a good chance to sell in higher price as i can earn a good profit.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:55:58 AM

I think only 2% of all altcoins grew up in the proportion altcoin/btc. I think you must hold some of them for get more profit than in bitcoin. In my portfolio one, two stable altcoins and bitcoins.
Arroware

Activity: 272

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:56:49 AM

my opinion Altcoin price depends on bitcoin price, for me both also very good we get better income, moreover you can do trading for me You will more easily make money in a short time. if for me want to hold bitcoin in long term very good us by waiting for higher price.
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 11:00:48 AM

Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

Depends on the altcoin of course. I think the top 10 or so coins are definitely worth holding.

The more small and volatile coins, you might try trading those or shorting
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:02:24 AM

I respect her opinion but what I see is that there are some altcoins that have more usage than bitcoin and they have the potential to grow in the future. My conclusion is that its ideal to hold bitcoin and other good altcoins.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:05:51 AM

nobody can deny the fact that if bitcoin falls, altcoin will fall too and some of them  will fall even bigger.

so the real question is why do some people think if they hold altcoins they are diversifying? diversification is true only when you are investing in something that does not rely on the same thing you have already invested in.

on top of it investing for long term is only good if you are investing in something that has a real future not speculative one. altcoins are pure speculation and because of that their future is very risky.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:07:09 AM

It depends on you it's your own free will wether you don't want or invest in alts. There's many potential altcoins so for me it's okay to hold alts, I myself holding alts and I can say it's worth holding for.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:07:41 AM

we don't really need to hold coins but because we want to earn profit we want to hold altcoins. well it is true that altcoins are dependent to bitcoin but there are altcoins that give you more profit by holding them. altcoins give more options which can give you more profit if you choose the right one.
Btcalimie

Activity: 209

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:08:16 AM

Yes, you are right but I think altcoin can give you multiple times of profit even if it relies on BTC.
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 11:10:01 AM

I think if you really believe in the altcoin and the project, then yes, hodl.

If not, then you can try to trade and exchange for more profit.
deghpulsa

Activity: 292

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:11:35 AM

it is true alt price depends on bitcoin, if you have a lot of money you can use it for bitcoin investment but if you have little money, you can use it to buy altcoin and if you want a long term investment then dogecoin is a good investment and has great potential with very low price less than one dollar.
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:15:06 AM

It all depends because for me altcoins have two categories, those major coins that is good for long term holding like what we do to bitcoin while the other altcoins are just for day trading. By separating those altcoins you will know which are belong to major coins and they are ethereum, bitcoin cash and other known altcoins that are on top of the market as of today. And if you are a day trader I know you have idea what are those coins that's good just for short term investment and not for holding for a long time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: