Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:52:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:14:43 PM

I believe it has to be first thing first. Make a lists important things or set priorities in spending as to what is really needed before anything else or before your wants.Needs and wants are different so don't get confused. Needs basically refers to our daily needs for survival like food,clothing,shelter and water while wants are those unnecessary things.Keeping it that way will refrain you from spending on unimportant things.
Yeah, I have seen a lot of people say you should avoid some things that would not really make some value but the real thing is that money is actually one thing that cannot be controlled if you do not have a means to control it. Hold some few bucks in your hand now and if you do not have a specific plan for it, then you will see it all gone.

The thing is have a list, some call is scale of preference and some call it budget and with this you can guide yourself on what you are spending on. By the way, you can always list unimportant things as well, but as long as you are sticking to what you have, you will know what exactly you are spending on and what to eliminate easily.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sigam batat

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:29:52 PM

Probably the right way in my opinion to be able to shrink our expenses in a way we cuman buy needs rather than buy purposes and again we have to think about the future and our children so they will not starve later if we are wasteful today
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:36:02 PM

It's easy since I can resist on myself but for some people it's not easy and I understand that !
I'm usually think, what should I buy it ? Can I postpone to buy it ?

For example : I can buy PS 4 but when my age already 25, why should I buy it ? For fun ? Well , for age 25, it's a start for looking a great carrier !
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:49:32 PM

It's easy since I can resist on myself but for some people it's not easy and I understand that !
I'm usually think, what should I buy it ? Can I postpone to buy it ?

For example : I can buy PS 4 but when my age already 25, why should I buy it ? For fun ? Well , for age 25, it's a start for looking a great carrier !

To be honest I'm also guilty on this because I kept on buying things that are not so important or shall we say it not my priority. Having a very stressful job so I guess I deserve a treat for myself this is just to satisfy me and I'm working for the purpose of buying the the things that I wanted and the things that I needed in short it's for my own comfort. So for it's ok to spend some things that are less important because these are the things that made me happy and satisfied.
Barbatsutsa

Activity: 149
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:53:43 PM

I track all my spendings in a very strict way and plan my budget, that helps me a lot!

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:25:59 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

Very familiar, when I was a child I wasn't able to have the things thatvI wanted and I grew up and has the capability to buy some of them I cant lose the urge to buy them since I realize that this is for me and the fruit of my labor deserves a place where it should be. I cannot prevent myself spending the money that I have gained since in our family I was the one who earn better in amount,  I would like to take that chance to do the responsibility specially financially for my parents which endure all the sacrifices since day 1 up to now. For the prevention for this, just think about longterm consequences that you might have if you push something that you want.
emulsifryer

Activity: 337

Bet2dream.com

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:47:06 PM

I have a few simple things that I do, firstly whenever I decide I want to buy something I always wait a period of time after that initial decision, let's say 2 weeks, if after 2 weeks I still want it then I ask myself why I really need it and if it will improve my life, if the answer is yes then I'll buy it.
That`s a good idea trying to figure out if it is really needed or we can say that it can improve our lives through it. But for me when i`m trying to buy something well i think of it first the quality. Second, if it is really needed or it helps in my work.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Bet2Dream ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  Get Free Bal($) When You Register! Join Now!  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬  Referral & Mining Program | Event & Daily Rewards! | Bet2Dream NFT Club! ▬▬▬
eggwardzxc

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:56:40 AM

Same thing happens to me everytime I have my money and whenever I go to malls. After buying unnecessary things, I also regret. But now I am trying to alot my money on my necessities. I try to distribute and allocate my money to fit my budget. And if theres an extra, thats the time I used it for my me time.
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:14:18 AM

Same thing happens to me everytime I have my money and whenever I go to malls. After buying unnecessary things, I also regret. But now I am trying to alot my money on my necessities. I try to distribute and allocate my money to fit my budget. And if theres an extra, thats the time I used it for my me time.
Planning what we would like to expense for and not on unimportant things to buy. Now, its difficult to earn good moneys so for us to be secured in neae future much better to save and invest on bitcoin so that we can get good lifestyle.
rainezerr

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:40:48 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

Every time you want to spend unnecessary things that will reduce the amount of your budget then always try to think of an alternative way for you to reduce your necessities because there's nothing free in this world and the cost of living is keep on increasing each day.

zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:13:01 AM

On the financial goal setting is a good thing, have goals will be more efforts to make money, have goals will make your life more specification, we need to motivate yourself by calculating the real cost.
choychoy

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

ADAB-First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto exchange

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:37:50 AM

It's normal as we people wants everything. In crypto word it's FOMO and It's difficult to resist if you don't have discipline.

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 03:41:24 AM

I also like that in the past. early work and having money certainly want things that are diverse when it also not so important. It is natural I guess like this. possible to overcome it started with conscious future because it certainly still has a need for family and saving should be automatic.

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:41:29 AM

A good way to track  your spending habits especially to unimportant things is to keep a record of your expenses. This way you can check where  your budget goes to and review it so that you can trim down expenses on certain things.

Open for Campaigns
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:16:53 AM

Yes that is very true situation, I can buy things which are not in our budget and plans. So what I did was I will not be go out anymore so I cannot buy things which are not really very important. This is what I did in order to hold myself from that situation.
i think we have to learn to organize ourselves, that i think is much experienced by us. if i,  do it by the way, buying gold jewelry. i do it so as not to hold cash, and if you want to use it, i think it is easy to sell it
Spending your money carefully is the most important thing and that it can help you in having a better living as well. You need to send your money only at places where it is necessary to spend and that you need not to spend your money without thing or carelessly. It is better to start saving your extra money for having something which you need and that will help you in avoiding extra spending of money.
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:34:19 PM

In my own personal opinion, i also sometimes can't keep myself from spending unimportant things because i can't resist myself to buy the stuffs that i want even i have somthing else important to buy. But sometimes i resist it by thinking the consequences if i will buy it and thinking what will be the purpose of i will buy it.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:53:13 PM

If you have family that you are supporting to then you can try to think of the future if your excess spending's today will affect it or just imagine other necessary things that you need in order for you to persuade on spending money for unnecessary endeavor.

jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:24:31 AM

think of the stuff function if an urgent need or have other functions or not. Besides, start thinking of saving for the future. so I think shopping is not important things will gradually on the wane.
If you want to save some money which can help you at the time of the need, then you must stop yourself from spending on things which are not that much important and that you need to be very much careful at time of spending your money.

It is better to have some plan in your mind to make the best possible use of the money which you have and that you need to spend only your money at places where it is necessary to spend.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:47:48 AM

If you have family that you are supporting to then you can try to think of the future if your excess spending's today will affect it or just imagine other necessary things that you need in order for you to persuade on spending money for unnecessary endeavor.

It still depends on what kind of person are you financially. Some people can't really contain themselves even if they have responsibilities because that's the only way they treat themselves. And i don't think it's wrong if you do have some to spare at a certain point.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
PonyBoy

Activity: 313

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:40:48 AM

Do you like a thing and dont want it? How its possible? Your statement is kinda hard to understand for me, I only buy things I like and can afford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: