Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:58:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
FurDich

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:07:13 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
Yes that is very true situation, I can buy things which are not in our budget and plans. So what I did was I will not be go out anymore so I cannot buy things which are not really very important. This is what I did in order to hold myself from that situation.
Yeah.In short wasting money to buy an such not needed is very unprofessionally action because we don't think that time will come we have an important things to buy and to be prioritised.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
victorski

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:18:44 AM

I have a strict budget on every sphere of expensives, so I have an amount to spend on groceries, clothes etc. Not on shit.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

I think it is very important that one must have self discipline in order for him or her to refrain from spending beyond his or her means. We all know that cryptocurrency activities gives us the opportunity to earn extra, allowing us to have more money. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that we should not spend money wisely.
Dorion2124

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:44:14 PM

I have a few simple things that I do, firstly whenever I decide I want to buy something I always wait a period of time after that initial decision, let's say 2 weeks, if after 2 weeks I still want it then I ask myself why I really need it and if it will improve my life, if the answer is yes then I'll buy it.

I like what you are doing because you still thinking if you need it or not before buying the things, its good that you know the worth of money, you will earn more money because you have a mind like that Smiley

But for me i have also the problem with this kind of situation, because sometimes if i think to buy a things like this i will buy it, no more days or weeks to think, if i like i will buy it, but when i started to have a family i change my attitude, before i buy things now im also thinking if its important, if not i will just buy something important for my family.
Flayme

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:17:56 PM

Proper dicipline and proper managing of money is the best way to avoid yourself from spending to much...  You know what money is one the most difficult things to handle in this world...  No one ever handle his or her money well... It is because we have a lots of needs and also we have our wants people just get difficult in handling it if they cant differentiate the difference between wants and needs...  They are just keep satisfying their wants instead of focusing only in their needs...  As a human it is our primary characteristics...  We have no satisfaction...  We keep wasting lots just to provide it...  So the solution is proper dicipline.... Its up to us if we want to stop spending....
MFY151

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:02:23 PM

I find it easy and simple because I don't have money to spend with in the first place Cheesy haha!. What I mean is my profit and investments from bounty campaigns remains in the market or wallet and I always divert the urge to exchange it into fiat. So I am forced to save my little salary for the things I need like food and utility bills which somehow became very effective for me unconsciously.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
Irviyandi

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:05:23 PM

To reduce the huge expenditure every month maybe we do not need to spend but just buy for food and clothing only and think about the needs of what the mind needs, and again better you do not hold too much money

bitcointemon

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:28:53 PM

this is the thing that is in every human being and to avoid it we have to choose which one we need and what we really need, to avoid that I invest money in the bank and try to think further when we don't have money
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:32:07 PM

I think of my future that is what I do whenever I am seeing some stuffs that I really wanted to buy. To keep myself from spending a lot of luxurious things that I do not really need. Because before I cannot control myself I always wanted to buy whenever I have money but now I have decided to save up a lot for my future because this cannot be last forever so I need to save for future purposes. So I always think twice or even more before buying some thing. I think if that could help me in my life if I can really used it for a long time or not.
Lagrood

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:46:05 PM

First of all you need to have a strong motivation to do things that are important for you and it would be nice to have a wish not to force yourself to do any things which you dislike.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:13:44 PM

I also have the same problem of spending too much on things that I do not need. Glad I found a way to minimize my expenses. When I got my weekly allowance from my parents, I always spend almost two thirds of it in the first 2 days and I have only one thirds left for the remaining three days. Since I cannot live with this lifestyle forever, I decided to minimize my expenses. I think first if I need it or I just want it. I prioritize things that I need like school supplies, books and transportation fare. Then as much as I can, I do not spend on things that I just want. I learned to keep and save money for myself.
pasti kaya

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:35:09 PM

for me to avoid spending on unimportant things by controlling ambitions to differentiate important expenditures and unnecessary expenditures.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:41:42 PM

I also have the same problem of spending too much on things that I do not need. Glad I found a way to minimize my expenses. When I got my weekly allowance from my parents, I always spend almost two thirds of it in the first 2 days and I have only one thirds left for the remaining three days. Since I cannot live with this lifestyle forever, I decided to minimize my expenses. I think first if I need it or I just want it. I prioritize things that I need like school supplies, books and transportation fare. Then as much as I can, I do not spend on things that I just want. I learned to keep and save money for myself.
I am putting my money in my bank account, and making sure that what I have on hand is just enough for my daily needs, and I am just withdrawing when I need some more for my family, I see to it that I have money in bank that I can use in emergency reason.
Hulh

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:52:26 PM

For me to keep myself from spending on unimportant things is to set a limit on my expenses daily, weekly and monthly. Have  to double check if that is necessary to buy right a way. We need to determine how important a thing before we buy it so we can minimize our expenses.
BitProCoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:56:00 PM

Sometimes I allow myself to spend money on unnecessary things just to please myself a little bit. But if I want to avoid this, then I go shopping with the shopping list to refrain from purchasing unnecessarily.
reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:52:11 PM

It is enough to buy only those things which are really necessary. And those benefit from which can be received further.
greg0rioo

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:47:34 PM

First I will put my money in the bank so it is not easy to use or take it directly. Will not have a credit card because it can make us easy to buy something. Always think thrifty and give priority to the basic needs, keep all goods or objects with great care so as not to be easily damaged and then buy again. Not too follow the development of the times and technology can also save.
jona

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:53:22 PM

I don't spend or buy what is not in my budget ,I also set goals for achievement so all expenses are channel towards such goals not on unnecessary things
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:46:13 PM

Well, it is really hard to resist from those thing you like if you already have money to afford them. Even though it is hard, there are certain ways that we can do to somehow resists buying unnecessary things. Proper budgeting and thinking always that your budget it just exact or tight for important things to be purchased might be the key. I do also keep myself to get my self control higher than my temptation on spending though it is really hard, somehow, it is effective to be done because I can resist spending out money by doing that strategy of mune. Maybe not at all times, but mostly it do really help me.
pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:46:59 PM

It's a nature of people that when they received their salaries they spend it without thinking what will happen tomorrow because they have in mind that next they have another salary to receive so to avoid overspending make a list what to buy and when going to malls bring only the money sufficient enough to buy the list you make and try also to save for your future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: