Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:59:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
DiaCooler

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:46:01 PM

Well sometimes I can manage myself not to buy unimportant things, but sometimes i cannot too! I am glad that my wife is there to tell me that it is not worth buying for lol. She is good in managing money, she is a practical person and she knows how to handle money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:50:45 PM

The only thing you need is control yourself ,
That is the only important thing that you could do,it is hard for sure but you could do it if you really want to.
Yes this is very important that we have control to spend those unimportant things. It could helps also set a goal that spend from the important things up to the least. Also, always in mind set to priority the needs first.
Seth Nyarko

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 09:50:52 PM

Simply apply scale of preference and avoid impulse buying.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:07:43 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

I am also guilty even how much I want not to spend in unnecessary things sometimes I really can't control my self and become an impulsive buyer that leads me regret at the end.

People are always unsatisfied with what they have that is why we always encounter the same problem. Well, as long they were happy with it then there is no problem. Also, it depends on your status because if you already have a family you already have a plan of what you will received.
Jessica1234

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:21:39 PM

For me, I budget my money for important purposes to avoid unnecesarry bills. I pay first our needs, I need to pay bills like electricity and water bill. And I groceries foods to the market, and buy some equipments and utensils need in the house. Nowadays we have to be more practical just to make sure that our money will spent on a important purposes. And to avoid shortage on the budget and credits. We have to make our financial plan to make our life easier and better.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:49:16 PM

The keyword that has helped me overtime is discipline. And also putting a limit to cash that you have access to and really speaking to yourself daily about it.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:30:41 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
We live in an era of consumerism so I think everyone is familiar with that, the only way to avoid spending your money on unnecessary things is to have a very strict budget and to not deviate from it, it is not going to be easy because people are so used to spend without even thinking about it but once you get used to it you will realize that your savings go up significantly.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:47:14 AM

I'm feeling you there OP. Me, what i do is when i see something i really like, i don't buy it yet. I let a week pass by, if i still want it then I'll buy it. But then again, i don't like buying things or spending money so if i see something i really want i almost always buy it. You can always do this, just keep enough on your wallet for your needs.

Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:51:55 AM

Maybe all people experienced what you have experienced.  It is just a matter of self-control and temperance. Before, I also experience that especially when the department stores or online shop offers a sale on their items, controlling yourself is a great challenge to overcome.  So, what I did is I stop visiting online shop and whenever I go to a department store, I see to it that I have a list of things to buy and the money I bring is just budgeted to the necessary things I will buy.   Setting goal to save and invest is also a key.  I see to it that monthly I save enough money to invest in cryptocurrency.  Knowing that it will exponentially increase at the right time.  Instead of buying unimportant things, I keep reminding myself that I can buy more things when I first invest my money in crypto.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 04:03:22 AM

I'm feeling you there OP. Me, what i do is when i see something i really like, i don't buy it yet. I let a week pass by, if i still want it then I'll buy it. But then again, i don't like buying things or spending money so if i see something i really want i almost always buy it. You can always do this, just keep enough on your wallet for your needs.

This is a good move OP. Although there is a chance that you can spend something on unimportant things, at least you can still think about it if you really wanted to buy it or not. I think a week would be enough for you to think if you want it or not and you can also assess if it would be really useful to you or just a spur of the moment purchase. There are times though when you just give in because you can't sleep thinking what if someone would purchase it and there is nothing left for you. Just think of it as a reward for yourself but do not give in always.

Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:32:02 AM

My own observation, people tend to buy things because this things are the current trend. Skinny jeans are the trend lately, people buy them although they are not comfortable in wearing it. New gadgets that does not last long because newer ones will soon arise.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
Natsuu

Activity: 1092
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:15:37 AM

But for me when I really like something I didn't buy it easily instead I have a sign that I should buy that if I can't sleep at night thinking that. However,  if it isn't really not that necessary then I'll just forget about it and try to behave myself. And I don't bring my credit card with ne wherever I'll go unless I have something important to buy. Temptations are everywhere if your credit card is always in your purse.

TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:17:41 AM

We feel the same way too. There are times when I can't stop myself in spending but I just think of it as a reward to myself. There are times when we have to give in and buy what you like so that you will be inspired to earn more and do well. It would make us feel good and we wouldn't be that stress when we do our job because we are satisfied but then we should not just overindulged and think that there are more important things to spend our money.
Quantum907

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:34:18 AM

To protect spending on unimportant things is always thinking that we live a long time and need very much money, if we buy a unimportant things then it will make tomorrow we will die.

Thank you
Simone18

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:17:17 AM

Yes, I am very familiar and I can relate to your situation . I think everybody has the same problem, we keep on trying not to spend on something but sadly we can't control our selves and we become an impulsive buyer and regret at the end of the day.

[   M O Z O  -  The Token of Discovery   ]   //  Whitepaper  //
               ►►  JOIN NOW  ◄◄   US$ 26M of US$ 42M already RAISED!               
Facebook  .  Twitter  .  Telegram  .  Medium  .  Reddit  .  Youtube  .  ANN Thread
tothanhtuan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:29:16 AM

I find that I spend way more when I have cash vs my cards. If I have cash for some reason I always think of that money as already budgeted for and just spend it on stupid stuff. I do check my accounts almost daily. I only have a CC for all purchases and a bank account for paying the CC off each month.
Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:54:20 AM

First, you have the list of those necessary things that needed to be purchased. Second, have some savings account without ATM Card to avoid purchasing using your cards. Then avoid also using credit card if not necessary. Lastly, limit your shopping days.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
Coinredd

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:57:12 AM

you can separate the things you just want to have and the things that you really need. List the things carefully, and have that list in the place where you can always see it. Hope this helps.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:00:40 AM

In my case I consider it as a bad habit of any person or of me if we buy those things which we do not need in our daily use. I often strictly refrain myself from these type of activity and I spend money only on those things which are the need of my life and my family. I also have a habit that I do not refrain to spend on those which is the need of my life.
FreeFerret

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:06:47 AM

Yeah some thing you need to buy, buy it. Get good quality ones.
Cut the waste.
Still have some fun in the fun money pot.
Make sure you have the buffers in place and have some left over cash.

Stopping buying unimportant things comes down to will power ultimately.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: