Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:36:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:42:56 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

Same experience here my friend. I think the most contributors on these phenomena of uncontrollable spending habits of people are because of too much exposure on our digital gadgets. We were flooded of advertising in our social media accounts which are generally fits to our taste. If you will notice if type something we looking on goggle search moments later our social media site will eventually flooded of sales items which really tempts us to buy in. So one suggestion is never search something on goggle search which you are not intent to buy.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maximo1

Activity: 202
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 10:14:08 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

Yes Its so familiar a lot dealing that kind of attitude, but me im always  have a bigger goal in my mind which i really prioritize those important things,one thing to avoid spending more money is self discipline  dont always go to mall to avoid temptation.
Joseph301

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:22:23 AM

I avoid spending on unnecessary things by sticking to my budget. I have my scale of preference and buy accordingly and what I think helps to comply strictly is self discipline, I deny myself of the pleasure of getting things I don't really need
inesterdd

Activity: 292
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:30:45 AM

The ability to control one's desires is an important skill that not everyone has. If I want to buy a really expensive thing, I wait a week or a month. If after this period I still want to make this purchase, then I really need it and buy it.
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:36:14 AM

The best way I always do to keep from spending on unimportant things is to write everything that we will buy, in terms of finance of course we must regularly because it concerns the future, if we are too easy to buy unimportant things then we can be sure our lives will be difficult and much owed.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:06:58 AM

It happens to most of people because it's a human being nature, i think it's not bad to spend on some things that you like if you have excess funds to use. However if you only have enough it's better to control yourself and spend your money on more important things. I always think of my family first in that way i stop spending money on things that we really don't need.

Ryanpogi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:17:46 AM

You have to discipline yourself that's the first thing you do to yourself. Be practical in all things, do not waste your money in a lonely thing or you do not care about it. Thanks..
Gabash

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:33:18 AM

...Usually, most of us already experienced with that manner and that's a serious problem. I think cash money is a common cause of spending unimportant things, we spent more if we have a lot of cash in our wallet. In my opinion cryptocurrency is the right choice to prevent it.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:42:27 AM

I think wiser of course because if you did not think before you buy something that is just gonna be a waste of money because some things are just not that valuable not useable.so before you buy something you must think if that is gonna help you or not. And I am controlling myself and my emotion whenever I see something that I wanted to.buy I am thinking for the future rather than to the present and money is very important these days so.we need to save a lot.
alon_alon

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

Yes, of course, I am very familiar with situations like this. And I'm just like you. I can not resist the stuff I like to not buy when I know a lot of important needs that I need to buy immediately. But I instead choose items that are not important just because I like to see it. I find it very difficult to stay away from spending on unimportant things. Even I can not get away from it.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:03:29 PM

I think it is a problem everyone has. It a sickness. Losing control over onself when it comes to spending. The idea of loving onself or doing yourself a favor most of the time is causing us to do this. Sometimes also it is the thought of living once and we will be leaving everything we have here on earth when we die so we better enjoy them while we are still alive.
think it's almost always a habit they buy or spend on things that are not as important as just putting their luxury ahead of the things they should take first.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:16:38 PM

i am totally guilty in spending on unimportant things. I also set goals but end up spending more.
I always make a list of the total expense that i should have for the next few days but i always mess it up. i always end up losing track of expenses and forgot about important things that i need to prioritize.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
binarhingar

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:58:54 PM

this is human nature often buy something or something that is not important, sometimes only in the quasi by the desire to have but useless what has been bought, if I personally learn to resist the desire and use money for more important. 
ymirymir

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:09:46 PM

I believe that proper budgeting and self discipline is the only solution and attitude that we really need to have for us to avoid spending too much for unnecessary things. We should follow our budget list and must always focus on what we only need. Of course, it is just normal for us to have wants in life but we must try to avoid spending too much.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:28:58 PM

i am totally guilty in spending on unimportant things. I also set goals but end up spending more.
I always make a list of the total expense that i should have for the next few days but i always mess it up. i always end up losing track of expenses and forgot about important things that i need to prioritize.
Sometimes, we get to decide quickly without second thought because we are so driven and overpowered with our excitement and wants. However, there are still ways to stop this kind of behavior, to be mature and responsible in spending to important things. Have respect on your earnings, think of the effort, time, and all the sacrifices you put just to gain that money. Create a budget plan and follow it religiously. It's never too late to change for the better. When impulse arise, remind yourself to stop and think before taking actions. Spend only on things that are necessary, with qualities, and look for alternative outlet for impulses. Change your habits and change your impulsiveness.
zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:40:42 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 08:30:25 AM by zoeylee

It is not just you, i feel this is something that everyone here had experienced i guess we just got so spoiled by bitcoin and its high price, to the point where we see everything easy to get as long as we got money, some of us just embrace this feeling and just do what they want because it is as they say you only live once, and others say that you shouldn't spend money on things that are not essential and try to save them for the future, everyone has his own opinion, and a way of seeing things.

For me, I keep myself in spending unimportant things by setting up priorities,especially if it is a family needs.You need to think first whether it is important or not.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Jesabela04

Activity: 540

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:47:03 PM

i used to spend to mush for the things that I only want regardless of it's price until I experienced the feeling of having nothing. From then on, I started valuing only the things that I need rather than spending too much for unnecessary things. I am now well disciplined to spend my money only with that things that I needed the most.
Ronyx

Activity: 525
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:59:02 PM

I want my future to be better, and I always say after I wake up, and can help me to save more money and spend less on unnecessary needs.

Mapalast

Activity: 87
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:12:49 PM

of course we are. how can you deny buying the things you like when you have a lot of or even much money?
the thing is we should control our willingness to buy those unnecessary things, how?
-limit your debit
-split your income into several parts; for meal, health, entertain , investment, and miscellaneous so that you only spend your money according to what you need for
-don't go shopping by yourself, you could ask your friend to accompany you to stop if you are over shopping Grin

YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:26:26 PM

For me, I think of it as a reward for a job well done in getting money to buy the stuff I want but not necessarily need. But if you think about it, it's a need to get what we want sometimes. You can even use it as a drive to do even better next time to make up for splurging. Once you've bought it, trick is don't think about it and just move forward.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: