Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:07:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:36:22 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

With the advent of crypto currency, it is easier for me not to buy unnecessary things. Now, instead of buying unnecessary things, I invest my money in promising coins.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:43:14 PM

Best way is to know what are your needs and what are your wants. Needs are basic things that you can't live without. While wants are just things that could help your life be convinient.

Always secure your needs first before considering buying your wants.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PonyBoy

Activity: 313

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:12:45 AM

There's a lot of money to save on the bank, thats why the rest of the money is to spend anyways.. For me it's a regret for us, to spend money on unnecessary things
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:54:54 AM

There's a lot of money to save on the bank, thats why the rest of the money is to spend anyways.. For me it's a regret for us, to spend money on unnecessary things
In the first place when you don't have that thing, you will always crave for it like a food and you will become greedier and greedier each day until you get the thing that you want but after getting it you will get bored and it means like a low class item to you and that is how we regret on buying or getting it so to avoid ourselves for buying unnecessary, we should just always bring enough amount of money and avoid going to unnecessary places to prevent temptation.
coolstory

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:57:20 AM

In the first place when you don't have that thing, you will always crave for it like a food and you will become greedier and greedier each day until you get the thing that you want but after getting it you will get bored and it means like a low class item to you and that is how we regret on buying or getting it so to avoid ourselves for buying unnecessary, we should just always bring enough amount of money and avoid going to unnecessary places to prevent temptation.

I focus on my saving and this makes me concentrated. I focus on the hard life we live in our country. This is also important for me. They totally prevent me from spending money on useless things. I buy gold instead of them as an investment.
uozer

Activity: 381

PRiVCY

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:09:59 AM

You are not wrong empirically saying most of us fall in this shoes, but you must agree with me that its applicable to those that has the means only. If you are so financially handicapped, you would never think on spending on Frivolities rather than food consumption and other basic amenities of life, ie water and shelter to keep life sustainability but for the fact that you are probably or luckily buoyant.. However, since you can wake up to realize that you are already experiencing Wasteful Spending, that alone should serve as a guide or caution each time you come across such unimportant items, and you shall be able to control yourself but for prioritized ones first .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:13:18 AM

Sometimes, it is really difficult or even impossible but if you have set a goal which you want to achieve you should do your best to stick to it and not waste money on unnecessary things. Plan your budget
systematicdeception

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:20:28 AM

I have my effective budget plan and never waste money. I write down all my expenditures and write down all costs in categories. before having this plan I couldn't understand where my money was spent at all

Tyronthegreat

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:46:39 AM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
I think you are struggling this because you have money to buy more than what you needed to spend,well for me this is just a normal feeling that you and the other that have with the same situation. And maybe you are still single the very reason you are easy to go with your emotion of excitement. But of course it is important to realize that not all the time you will standing on the same situation, and this realization is powerful enough to refrain little by little from your habit.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:55:16 PM

We are not the immaculate individual. Every one of us has botch. Most when we spend our cash. Spending cash on those insignificant things doesn't issue. We must figure out how to control our-self to spending on immaterial things. The initial step to abstain from burning cash on insignificant things. List all your need and budget plan your cash. The remaining cash is the only the reward to yourself. Repeat this system until the point it becomes a habit.
evader11

Activity: 434

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:09:49 PM

Avoid doing unimportant things such as games, vices and etc because if you spend your whole time to these things your time will be wasted. There are many ways you can avoid this, such as doing work in the world of cryptocurrency because if you spend your time on this job your time will not be wasted and besides you will earn money on it.

jimmybush07702

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:34:42 PM

I can't quit spending my cash on futile stuff unfortunatly.I have exceptionally frail energy of will and it's making a ton of issues for me. I trust that some time or another everything going to change.
Tomborneque_1102

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:35:56 PM

I'm making a list of the top priorities that I need to spend my money for. In that way, I can save money because I'm not overspending and I never buy things that I want. I just buy the things that I needed. at first, it's really hard to do. but I just had to discipline myself to overcome my weakness against saving money.
Blekok001

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:10:06 AM

This topic makes me more enthusiastic to deepen the world of Bitcoin, because I am very confident when I get success in the world of Bitcoin then my financial strength will become very strong.

It is very clear that if I or you have strong financial strength, it will not occur to us to distance ourselves from the name "Financial Spending", which means that only weak people in Finance usually think about the importance of spending or not.

Bobocantik

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:36:27 AM

Things to keep in mind when wanting to spend money is sorting between needs and wants. Needs are things that must exist and can disrupt the activity if not met. While desire, it is actually not very important, but sometimes it appears in the mind of someone who causes it to want to have it. So, prioritize the needs of the desire, then you will learn how to control yourself from things that are not too important.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:47:57 AM

I work strictly on a budget for my fiat matters. As for Crypto currencies, I have a very different approach, because I store 80% of my coins in cold storage <paper wallets>. This makes the access to my coins more difficult, so I am less likely to spend coins on "impulsive" spending habits.

You have to implement something that would stall your spending habits. It gives you time to think about it and once you thought about it a bit longer, you might realize that you do not need it and you will not buy it. It is like the sweets at the payout counter. You wait in line, and you look around at the sweets that are there on the display, then you buy it... because you are waiting and have nothing else to do. Did you really want that candy?

Financial discipline is hard and marketing of products is very aggressive.  Angry

Honestly I also don't know how to keep myself  away from spending too much on unimportant things.  But until now I'm still trying to know the things I want and I need. When  I have money  I buy only the things I need and then when they have extra money that's the time that I will spend on things that aren't much important or the things that I just want to buy
To avoid spending on unnecessary stuff is relatively easy what happens is that many people do not want to do it, they want to keep throwing their money away but still to save money and that is simply impossible, you need to do some sacrifices if you do not do it then you are never going to improve your savings and if you don't have any savings you cannot invest in cryptocurrencies.
markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:54:25 AM

Yeah kinda have the same problem about resist myself to buying some food that i actually didn't need it at that time, not just food, but games also. Already have many games that been ignored, and still do some stupid things like i want it. Well, im in training to how separate need and want, and practicing to think twice or more before check out in cashier.
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:10:28 AM

I usually spend my money in an unimportant things when I'm bored in that they or something that I just like it but I don't really buy something that are not needed to my house and to me. So meaning that it's up to the person who bring their self to a good mood.

tegacoll86

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:56:02 AM

Just like someone said, you should always make budgets and plan yourself before anything you’re doing. And after that take a little extra money in case something else comes up you can be able to tackle it. If you begin to make plans, know how much you want to spend and how much you want to save by the end of the month, then you will be able to avoid unnecessary spendings everyday. So start making plans.
deloreswest

Activity: 350

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:11:14 AM

i do have same problem woth yours and im a bit afraid that what im  doing is useless. I got a good money  right now and im spending it for triathlon. Triathlon is very costly and im afraid i cant do it for a long time and it seems wont be good for my life cause i would not be like no body else ( having family work and lookog for a good payment). But i just got this dream and i just want to give it a shoot so here i am trying my best and i will try to win it. Its true when you have more money  you  will spend it more thats what i learn from college. So what happen on you and me is something that happen to everyone but what you need and i need is to know the extent and how to stop wasting it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: