Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:44:12 AM

Is anybody willing to sell me 360k Nxt @ 0.000045?

There is no liquidity on Dgex..

I have 360k Nxt @ 0.000055 for you.

@0.000047?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:06:57 AM

What is the longest anybody has been able to run NXT server, before having to restart it?

James

Max 10 hours. Never generated a block, allways error.
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:11:53 AM

What is the longest anybody has been able to run NXT server, before having to restart it?

James

Max 10 hours. Never generated a block, allways error.

20 hours right now (after 0.5.3 update)

512Mb RAM

marcus03

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:18:38 AM

I'm finally out of dgex.com (still had BTC in the account, bought NXT and got them out after "just" two days) and I am out of buying and selling NXT as long as there is no alternative exchange. (Please no Peercover/Ripple/Private Escrow follow-ups... Thank you.)

Allow me some final words regarding dgex.com.

1.) GCInc, thanks a lot for your service over the last weeks. I think the dgex exchange was very important for NXT and you did a good and brave job with setting it up and running it.

2.) GCInc, you are a thief. You've just stolen around US$20 from me and the service you provided for me over the last weeks is worth more than US$20, but still you are thief. It feels like a friend asked you to borrow some money from you and when he pays back, he tells you that he changed his mind and only pays you back 99% of what you borrowed him. You totally lost credibility with your move to change the fees without previous notice, thus I am out of dgex until its under new management.

3.) I came for the quick profit - I stay because of the very cool community. With this NXT community there were other ways to "cover your ass". While you still had a reputation for what you've done for NXT you had a good chance to explain why you lost 800.000 with your exchange and ask for help from the community. After following here over the last weeks, I am convinced you would have gotten help from us.

4.) "Third in command"? This is a PR disaster... Unfortuntely, your way of managing dgex and answering only questions that you think you have good answers for makes me fear that this is in fact how you see yourself. I don't want to make business with you having the feeling that you are the boss and not that were a business partners.

5.)
Will you commit to announcing ahead of time any fee INCREASES?
This fee increase was a mistake, yet seemed like the only option. I had to cover my ass in case the source release had exploded the price 3x...4x... god knows how much, every percent tightening the deficit rope around my neck more and more.

Well, nobody else jumped onto this, but this was the point when all (remaining) alarm bells began to rang. What you basically said was that we have an exchange that is run in a way to have a NXT market value that the exchange owner is comfortable with. WTF??? So, because you still have 800.000 NXT missing you have an interest in low market values and you actually run the exchange in your interest. This is just beyond me... And it is totally beyond me that anyone still uses dgex after your sentence above.

NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 07:39:56 AM

Ok, I'll tell u. We have plans that will make CRC on server side unnecessary. Can't tell u more right now.

Or. You 3 are simply so terrified by the cost of the change, your brain starts malfunctioning when it comes to this issue.

I see you keep saying that since transaction is/will be signed on the client, no checksums are needed and this is bullshit!

This is not even a bias, it's a full-blown delusion.

I don't know what to do here and how to get through. We need a professional shrink.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:41:29 AM

I'm finally out of dgex.com (still had BTC in the account, bought NXT and got them out after "just" two days) and I am out of buying and selling NXT as long as there is no alternative exchange. (Please no Peercover/Ripple/Private Escrow follow-ups... Thank you.)

1.) GCInc, thanks a lot for your service over the last weeks. I think the dgex exchange was very important for NXT and you did a good and brave job with setting it up and running it.

2.) GCInc, you are a thief. You've just stolen around US$20 from me and the service you provided for me over the last weeks is worth more than US$20, but still you are thief. It feels like a friend asked you to borrow some money from you and when he pays back, he tells you that he changed his mind and only pays you back 99% of what you borrowed him. You totally lost credibility with your move to change the fees without previous notice, thus I am out of dgex until its under new management.

3.) I came for the quick profit - I stay because of the very cool community. With this NXT community there were other ways to "cover your ass". While you still had a reputation for what you've done for NXT you had a good chance to explain why you lost 800.000 with your exchange and ask for help from the community. After following here over the last weeks, I am convinced you would have gotten help from us.

4.) "Third in command"? This is a PR disaster... Unfortuntely, your way of managing dgex and answering only questions that you think you have good answers for makes me fear that this is in fact how you see yourself. I don't want to make business with you having the feeling that you are the boss and not that were a business partners.

5.)
This fee increase was a mistake, yet seemed like the only option. I had to cover my ass in case the source release had exploded the price 3x...4x... god knows how much, every percent tightening the deficit rope around my neck more and more.

Well, nobody else jumped onto this, but this was the point when all (remaining) alarm bells began to rang. What you basically said was that we have an exchange that is run in a way to have a NXT market value that the exchange owner is comfortable with. WTF??? So, because you still have 800.000 NXT missing you have an interest in low market values and you actually run the exchange in your interest. This is just beyond me... And it is totally beyond me that anyone still uses dgex after your sentence above.

What scares me the most of this situation is that there is 75 million of peoples Nxt sitting in this dgex reserve account: http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=12292439833850569026

Do I understand properly that this is a secondary account for dgex deposits made to the main account? Frightening to think that this type of person has control over 7.5% of the coin cap.

To be fair, it should comfort you to know that the exchange is well capitalised and, thus, won't default on your deposits.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:44:07 AM

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:50:07 AM

5.)

What scares me the most of this situation is that there is 75 million of peoples Nxt sitting in this dgex reserve account: http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=12292439833850569026

Do I understand properly that this is a secondary account for dgex deposits made to the main account? Frightening to think that this type of person has control over 7.5% of the coin cap.

To be fair, it should comfort you to know that the exchange is well capitalised and, thus, won't default on your deposits.

its not as bad as it seems at first. the whole security model of nxt relies on the currency being not overly centralized. if dgex were to run off with 7.5% of all of the coins they would actually destroy the value of those coins in the process. meaning there is not a lot of incentive for them to do it.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
GCInc.

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 07:58:30 AM

Thank you for your nice words Marcus. Now that many of you don't seem to have better things to do than bash the person who brought NXT to the popularity it is enjoying now, by arranging 10000+ member accounts to be organized and a high portion of them funded for no cost, let me briefly reply as your kind commentary did not include any death threats against me or my family, as seems to be the habit here on fine Bitcointalk.

You totally lost credibility with your move to change the fees without previous notice

DGEX FAQ from Nov 28th 2013 to Jan 2nd 2014:
DGEX promotes NXT trading by lifting trading fees at least in the beta period. We charge 0.9% of all Bitcoin withdrawals to cover transaction fees and other overhead costs. NXT withdrawals carry no fee until the end of 2013, we absorb the 1 NXT transaction fee.

4.) "Third in command"? This is a PR disaster
It was not my choice of PR. It was a private semi joke term to the interviewer upon initial contact, and he decided to include it in the release without my knowledge.

5.)

So, because you still have 800.000 NXT missing you have an interest in low market values and you actually run the exchange in your interest.
Wrong conclusion. I applied the fees to gain revenue to compensate losses incurred. Without the fees I would have been doing up to now 500 hours of work with negative compensation. If that's the criteria of fairness, ok, I don't understand you, come kill me.

Should I hide some of the 75M so that you guys don't get scared?

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:15:01 AM

Thank you for your nice words Marcus. Now that many of you don't seem to have better things to do than bash the person who brought NXT to the popularity it is enjoying now, by arranging 10000+ member accounts to be organized and a high portion of them funded for no cost, let me briefly reply as your kind commentary did not include any death threats against me or my family, as seems to be the habit here on fine Bitcointalk.

You totally lost credibility with your move to change the fees without previous notice

DGEX FAQ from Nov 28th 2013 to Jan 2nd 2014:
DGEX promotes NXT trading by lifting trading fees at least in the beta period. We charge 0.9% of all Bitcoin withdrawals to cover transaction fees and other overhead costs. NXT withdrawals carry no fee until the end of 2013, we absorb the 1 NXT transaction fee.

4.) "Third in command"? This is a PR disaster
It was not my choice of PR. It was a private semi joke term to the interviewer upon initial contact, and he decided to include it in the release without my knowledge.

5.)

So, because you still have 800.000 NXT missing you have an interest in low market values and you actually run the exchange in your interest.
Wrong conclusion. I applied the fees to gain revenue to compensate losses incurred. Without the fees I would have been doing up to now 500 hours of work with negative compensation. If that's the criteria of fairness, ok, I don't understand you, come kill me.

Should I hide some of the 75M so that you guys don't get scared?

Haters gonna hate. You won't hear voices of hundreds satisfied clients. Like me. But a couple of hysteric guys just won't shut up. You'll hear much more in your address within years no matter what, even if you cancel fees and start to sent bonuses with every withdrawal.

NxtChg

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 08:24:03 AM

Does BCNext even work on this project anymore? Or did he already bought himself an island and retired?

What kind of project leader suddenly goes silent and abandons his creation like this?  Huh

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:29:23 AM

Does BCNext even work on this project anymore? Or did he already bought himself an island and retired?

What kind of project leader suddenly goes silent and abandons his creation like this?  Huh

I think he just communicates via cfb cause he wants to be more private. since these are all just forum names, i dont know what difference it makes in the end.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:30:19 AM

What let you conclude BCNext is out, he is here all the time? And why do your posts getting more and more negatively tinted?

Pin

intel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:30:30 AM

I am quite satisfied with the DGEX, it has some cons and prons like any other internet project, but anybody can switch to any other exchange, if there 'll be better one for his personal opinion.

The high volume which i generate by trading on DGEX is always free from worry for me.

The whole NXT currency is not yet stable, so what should we expect from services who is operating with millions of NXT? Of course they 'll be careful and take precautions which may seems to other people as something very annoying.

The self-organization process is not yet completed, it's like 1yr baby.

[!] 24.7 NXT News Portal. Real-Time Update. Share your own news with NXT community and get FREE NXT!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:33:22 AM

Ok, I'll tell u. We have plans that will make CRC on server side unnecessary. Can't tell u more right now.

Or. You 3 are simply so terrified by the cost of the change, your brain starts malfunctioning when it comes to this issue.

Hm... I think u should have a break.
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:35:37 AM

What kind of project leader suddenly goes silent and abandons his creation like this?  Huh

Did you know that BCNext actually constantly posts in this topic? Wink
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:36:08 AM

I am quite satisfied with the DGEX, it has some cons and prons like any other internet project, but anybody can switch to any other exchange, if there 'll be better one for his personal opinion.

The high volume which i generate by trading on DGEX is always free from worry for me.

The whole NXT currency is not yet stable, so what should we expect from services who is operating with millions of NXT? Of course they 'll be careful and take precautions which may seems to other people as something very annoying.

money seized for days becausse of possible fraud , you call that just anoying.

Well dgex has his haters and his supporters app.

Pin

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 08:37:00 AM

@ CfB

Can the network expand beyond the 360,000 msg per Day limit?

intel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:37:28 AM

money seized for days becausse of possible fraud , you call that just anoying.

Well dgex has his haters and his supporters app.

Pin

We dont know another side of the issue.

[!] 24.7 NXT News Portal. Real-Time Update. Share your own news with NXT community and get FREE NXT!
NxtChg

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 08:37:54 AM

And why do your posts getting more and more negatively tinted?

Because me and others post here detailed arguments about checksums and every time CfB replies with one-sentence bullshit, like "aliases are pretty good too".

He acts like a religious fanatic who ignores any reasons and just repeats his religious dogmas.

If that's the voice of BCNext, I am scared.

--
Pages: « 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: