Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:27:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761531 times)
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:09:29 PM

I don't control or allocate NXT fund. But what is in the past is in the past. I think what I explained above seems like what we are heading now, unless you can convince BCNext and Cfb otherwise we are going to work in that type of decentralized fashion.

You can make a plan to ask funding to pay for the past efforts as well. But it is better to prepare a forward looking plan.

Now let be clear, BCNext and CFb are making all the source codes. They are controlling the common fund. CfB seems like to stay here so I think we can coordinate here as well.

The point is: we need a committee of dedicated members who has shown their dedication and talents in helping NXT. We can't hold a public poll everytime we are going to decide whether a article should be written and the reward should be X nxt. That doesn't work from a practical POV.

And of course people deserve to get paid for their past work that has got NXT as far as it is today, it's not like it should just be deleted due to the community SUDDENLY realizing that "OH PR, that thing that makes things valuable? Oh yea we should probably do that after all".

The fact that CfB is in control and making random decisions based on random posts in this thread indicates that the funds need to become decentralized and then a "expert committe" should decide where the funds is going to go in terms of PR / marketing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dulinxu

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:09:41 PM

what the hell, i couldnt access my account on dgex.  i havent done anything about it. and click the reset button many times, wait a long time, still havent get the reset email?  what happend?HuhHuh?/

TERRA - Bring profits to support community, starting from cross-border payment ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
Bitventurer

Activity: 488

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:11:39 PM

what the hell, i couldnt access my account on dgex.  i havent done anything about it. and click the reset button many times, wait a long time, still havent get the reset email?  what happend?HuhHuh?/

why do you write it here, dgex is on nextcon.org , find their thread and ask...and why dont you use bter.com

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:12:54 PM

If minusbalancer used decompiled sources to base his .NET implementation on, he will have to catch up with my changes and bugfixes

That's why we need a single, unified core, so all the clients can be built around it and rely on this code- and security-reviewed, open-source library.

For now it's Java, but ideally it should be a C++ cross-platform version, which can be linked both statically and dynamically, and can also be easily wrapped into an executable server, which listens for API calls.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:13:11 PM

I don't control or allocate NXT fund. But what is in the past is in the past. I think what I explained above seems like what we are heading now, unless you can convince BCNext and Cfb otherwise we are going to work in that type of decentralized fashion.

You can make a plan to ask funding to pay for the past efforts as well. But it is better to prepare a forward looking plan.

Now let be clear, BCNext and CFb are making all the source codes. They are controlling the common fund. CfB seems like to stay here so I think we can coordinate here as well.

The point is: we need a committee of dedicated members who has shown their dedication and talents in helping NXT. We can't hold a public poll everytime we are going to decide whether a article should be written and the reward should be X nxt. That doesn't work from a practical POV.

And of course people deserve to get paid for their past work that has got NXT as far as it is today, it's not like it should just be deleted due to the community SUDDENLY realizing that "OH PR, that thing that makes things valuable? Oh yea we should probably do that after all".

The fact that CfB is in control and making random decisions based on random posts in this thread indicates that the funds need to become decentralized and then a "expert committe" should decide where the funds is going to go in terms of PR / marketing.

+1. But this commitee is also a form of centralization and should be disbanded after meeting pre-determined goals.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:13:20 PM

Since we don't have multi-signature and voting, committee idea seems dead for now. All the projects are in the type of "open bounties" as I described here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4580590#msg4580590

CFB will dispatch the fund when the community  supports ( he also does what he wants at times )

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Bitventurer

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

How about something like this:
1. Nexern client released and debugged. It has to be perfect.
2. Giveaway 500 NXT to 500 people on forums- 250k
3. 750k initial budget for marketing released to those chosen as managers. They can start planning and budgeting now though.

you can then add this :
 4 .  1000 NXT to shops that will start accepting NXT to 1000 shops > 1KK NXT
 5 .  1000 NXT to each person that will start a thread on a techie/marketing/webmaster/gambling forum and support it /debate there...

4. I added shops to my list, 5. - it belongs to the Giveaway section, only 1K is too much.
How are we supposed to accept nxt in a shop? I run a cool restaurant in Brooklyn NY, I will gladly accept nxt for payments, for dinner, for giftcards online, for tshirts. but it will all have to be done manually right?

yes why not ? whats the problem ?, lets say you have a shop like on OpenCart, you can ad you account there and then after the buyer make an order you simply send hi an email with your account nr. and order nr. (as reference) ...

but i agree , we need some more plugin's for all major carts and cms's

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

Please calm. 250K sent already. 3 million marketing plan has been tentatively approved. As long as results come in, regular 250K payments will be sent. Marketing is simply a cost that needs to be spent. 250K per month is 3 million NXT per year. that seems enough to get a lot more marketing done than before.

All the sausage making can be done at nxtcrypto now. There is funding. This thread will just be there for the progress announcements.

The point is: we want something official. As the price grows, suddenly people become more and more reluctant to spend on the work we do.
I got thanked by BTer for suggesting them to add NXT, they did, price grew 100%, did I get anything in return? NO. People wanted to reward BTER instead Smiley
This community is so ungrateful and selfish that it's painful.

We are sending people to the official bitcoin conferences from our own fucking wallets. Why aren't the NXT fund being spent on this?

Of course I am pissed, I have witnessed this selfish ungratefulness for over a month now and for some fuckedup reason this thread is still seen as the "official" place where these decisions is made, eventhough ALL the PR work are being done by us on the nxt forum. MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE and I am fuckng tired of it

Fair play for sending an email to a shit scam exchange mate, these devs sit on their asses all day doing sweet fuck all when it's people like you that built nxt.
loopgate88

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:14:06 PM

WOW amazing indeed. World class work.

The only thing I saw that could be different is @12s where you say "too slowly" as it should be "too slow".
Also background music along the lines of what minute physics or veritasium have, would be the final touch.

Excellent video.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:16:13 PM

I updated my javascript project for the bounty:

https://github.com/BloodyRookie/nxtCrypto

I think a test should at least include chrome and firefox because those 2 are probably the most comon browsers.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
loopgate88

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:17:44 PM

We have a Java server that is getting better every day, what we need is a well designed and fully cross-platform GUI for it, not an alternative implementation.

+1

+1M
Bitventurer

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

WOW amazing indeed. World class work.

The only thing I saw that could be different is @12s where you say "too slowly" as it should be "too slow".
Also background music along the lines of what minute physics or veritasium have, would be the final touch.

Excellent video.

in general is OK, but i don’t like that in the beginning you say that Bitcoin is shit , bitcoin is fuckng nr. 1 no mather what,
odnt forget if it wouldnt be bitcoin there wouldnt be NXT , so stop saying that bitcoin is bad ... just don't , you can say something like this :

"Let's face it , we all love Bitcoin with all our heart, but NXT is the next big thing thanks to Bitcoin! "

NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:22:41 PM

I updated my javascript project for the bounty:

https://github.com/BloodyRookie/nxtCrypto

I think a test should at least include chrome and firefox because those 2 are probably the most comon browsers.

Thanks for doing this work! We need JS crypto badly. Hope you'll get the bounty Wink

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:23:55 PM

So we all moving onto the dotnxt client now. Trusted? Safe? Are we promoting this client now until nexerns release?
Not me, that's for sure. With all respect to minusbalancer for his work, I think it is a dead end. What's the point of having a reverse-engineered, incomplete client that will run on windows only? We have a Java server that is getting better every day, what we need is a well designed and fully cross-platform GUI for it, not an alternative implementation.

Assuming 0.5.9 is as stable as I hope it is and there are no critical bugs, my next step will be a major refactoring of the code, 0.6.0 will no longer be a single java file. Next, I will add persistence of blocks and transactions in a database instead of using serialized files, and will no longer keep all of them in memory. If minusbalancer used decompiled sources to base his .NET implementation on, he will have to catch up with my changes and bugfixes, and come up with his own solution for the blockchain persistence. And spend time and efforts tracking down and fixing bugs that are already fixed in the Java version, and introduce his own bugs in the process. I really don't see the point.

same here, minusbalancer and marcus made very well but we need a stable and scalable java-based nxt-server.
the server is getting much better every day. moreover it will scale later to any size we need and trusted
servers will complete the decentralized infrastructure to keep clients lean, fast and very lightweighted,
this is the way to go. the core has to be the ultimative working horse, the client is using it's first class
api. this way we don't cannibalizing the peer and core devs can concentrate completely to new features.

@pinarello, better than an efficient client installer is no installing needed at all.
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:24:58 PM

Please calm. 250K sent already. 3 million marketing plan has been tentatively approved. As long as results come in, regular 250K payments will be sent. Marketing is simply a cost that needs to be spent. 250K per month is 3 million NXT per year. that seems enough to get a lot more marketing done than before.

All the sausage making can be done at nxtcrypto now. There is funding. This thread will just be there for the progress announcements.

The point is: we want something official. As the price grows, suddenly people become more and more reluctant to spend on the work we do.
I got thanked by BTer for suggesting them to add NXT, they did, price grew 100%, did I get anything in return? NO. People wanted to reward BTER instead Smiley

We are sending people to the official bitcoin conferences from our own fucking wallets. Why aren't the NXT fund being spent on this?

Of course I am pissed, I have witnessed this selfish ungratefulness for over a month now and for some fuckedup reason this thread is still seen as the "official" place where these decisions is made, eventhough ALL the PR work are being done by us on the nxt forum. MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE and I am fuckng tired of it

Fair play for sending an email to a shit scam exchange mate, these devs sit on their asses all day doing sweet fuck all when it's people like you that built nxt.

Every community has a idiot like you.
Who the hell has said anything negative about the devs?
How the fuck do you even compare the two things?

We are a team of people (me, salsacz, nifty, justabit and a few more) who have worked hard on NXT marketing and organizing for over a month and we have not been paid shit for it and none of us are stakeholders.
And even the times we have plead with the community to start giving funding to these projects that is the corner stone of succes: we get zero recognition for it.

You must be too dumb to operate a computer safely if you do not understand this, so please log off.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:25:05 PM

Very nice. There are a few grammar corrections that need to be made that won't be obvious to non-native English speakers. I'd be happy to do it if you send me a copy of the script.
xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:27:10 PM

How are we supposed to accept nxt in a shop? I run a cool restaurant in Brooklyn NY, I will gladly accept nxt for payments, for dinner, for giftcards online, for tshirts. but it will all have to be done manually right?

In a brick-and-mortar establishment with face-to-face transactions, the best way to accept payments at the moment would be using smart phones.

We have three developers that are working on mobile clients.  Two for Android and one for iPhone.  Get with them.

Think about the features in a client that you'll need to run your business smoothly.

Ideally, NFC (and QR codes for those that don't support NFC) to exchange payment details.  (My personal opinion is that the clients should use a format that encodes the URI as "acct:[ACCOUNT_NUMBER]@nxt" -- a generic URI format suitable for future expansion -- when exchanging account numbers.)

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:29:48 PM

Every community has a idiot like you.
Who the hell has said anything negative about the devs?
How the fuck do you even compare the two things?

We are a team of people (me, salsacz, nifty, justabit and a few more) who have worked hard on NXT marketing and organizing for over a month and we have not been paid shit for it and none of us are stakeholders.
And even the times we have plead with the community to start giving funding to these projects that is the corner stone of succes: we get zero recognition for it.

You must be too dumb to operate a computer safely if you do not understand this, so please log off.

No you're just a skank mate
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:31:12 PM

AFAIK there is a marketing Committee.

Pin

loopgate88

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:31:22 PM

@pinarello, better than an efficient client installer is no installing needed at all.

This is very true. Look at all the online banking. Reinventing the wheel is unnecessary. A secure online client that is as easy, as sleek and as reliable as an iphone will make NXT.
Pages: « 1 ... 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: