Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 [2402] 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761533 times)
Emule

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:30:55 PM

Just clear the order book completely. Let the market determine the new price. And we will have a nice big red bloody candle to remember you by, forever.  Smiley

how i did not think of that! brilliant!

the red emule pole

tabula rasa
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:31:55 PM

What are we going to do about pirated stuff sold for much less on digital store? Like if the original seller is selling mp3 on itune for $1, someone tries to pirate it and sell it for 0.5 cents on nxt store.

I am guessing the pirate will have to host  the media outside of nxt and the copyright holder can get it removed from that site by filing a complaint. True?

Yes.

Unfortunately. someone mentioned they can host it as a torrent file. There will be no way for legitimate seller to get it removed.

I don't have a problem with that. Lets see where it goes. Maybe this will be a place for piratebey crowd. Fine.

I just will not recommend independent sellers to use it instead of something like itune or clips4sale.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Emule

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:49:12 PM

now the wheat is sorted from the chaff i will briNg to you: ....

NXT RELOADED

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 07:53:00 PM

Ha!

Reminds me of a joke I read recently.  I won't tell you the joke, but I'll tell you the punchline:

S = k^-1 ( z + dA * R )

and since k = SHA256(message)

dA = ( S * k - z ) / R

<rimshot>

I know I laughed.

Yes, Hilarious!!

It reminds me of "the algorithm begins with the n+1 bit state. That is, the first n bits are each in the state |0\rangle  and the final bit is |1\rangle . A Hadamard transformation is applied to each bit to obtain the state

We have the function f implemented as quantum oracle. The oracle maps the state  |x\rangle|y\rangle  to  |x\rangle|y\oplus f(x) \rangle , where \oplus is addition modulo 2 (see below for details of implementation). Applying the quantum oracle gives

For each x, f(x) is either 0 or 1. A quick check of these two possibilities yields

At this point the last qubit may be ignored. We apply a Hadamard transformation to each qubit to obtain

where  is the sum of the bitwise product.
Finally we examine the probability of measuring

which evaluates to 1 if f(x) is constant (constructive interference) and 0 if f(x) is balanced (destructive interference)."

I just cant stop laughing, it hurts

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:53:20 PM

What are we going to do about pirated stuff sold for much less on digital store? Like if the original seller is selling mp3 on itune for $1, someone tries to pirate it and sell it for 0.5 cents on nxt store.

I am guessing the pirate will have to host  the media outside of nxt and the copyright holder can get it removed from that site by filing a complaint. True?

Yes.

Unfortunately. someone mentioned they can host it as a torrent file. There will be no way for legitimate seller to get it removed.

I don't have a problem with that. Lets see where it goes. Maybe this will be a place for piratebey crowd. Fine.

I just will not recommend independent sellers to use it instead of something like itune or clips4sale.

If they host it as a torrent it's probably available for free, so why would they pay?
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:02:11 PM

Is something wrong with testnet. Wesleyh client do not update blockchain.
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:02:58 PM

Yes.

If they host it as a torrent it's probably available for free, so why would they pay?

Wouldn't the buyer need to download just the torrent file? I am not sure where that will be hosted.

It could be that the torrent file will available only to the buyers.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:04:19 PM

CfB, I think i missed the post, but is it true that you stay longer than 4.4.2014?

Yes, have some things to do before leaving.

since "some" means "a lot", a likely guess could be April 2015 or 2016
(I mean we want to make history, so the month is fixed by George Orwell)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:08:53 PM

Yes.

There is a flourishing pirating marketplace going on , where they torrent the things, but they are password encrypted ect

Eadeqa

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:12:49 PM

Yes.

There is a flourishing pirating marketplace going on , where they torrent the things, but they are password encrypted ect

Yes, great point. The pirate could just zip it with password and the buyer get the password.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:15:54 PM

Yes.

Yes, great point. The pirate could just zip it with password and the buyer get the password.

Unfortunate, I don't think there is anyway to stop it. The independent sellers should just not use the platform. Let Hollywood and big studio deal with the problem

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:22:27 PM

Yes.

Unfortunate, I don't think there is anyway to stop it. The independent sellers should just not use the platform. Let Hollywood and big studio deal with the problem

Actually, i think your argument is invalid.

If someone wants to pay for your music, he will. If he wants to pirate it, he will.
If you offer your music in the digital goods store, then you can keep nearly 100% of the sum, against X% with itunes.
I don't see why you would boycott a marketplace that is unregulated just because someone might sell music of other artists without their agreement.

Eadeqa

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:35:35 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 08:59:13 PM by Eadeqa

Yes.

Actually, i think your argument is invalid.

If someone wants to pay for your music, he will. If he wants to pirate it, he will.
If you offer your music in the digital goods store, then you can keep nearly 100% of the sum, against X% with itunes.
I don't see why you would boycott a marketplace that is unregulated just because someone might sell music of other artists without their agreement.

You will boycott it because you are telling all your buyers to go to a place where they can find it for half the price. Not everyone knows about nxt. They are just interested in your stuff. If you tell them to go to nxt store to buy your stuff, you are basically advertising a place where they can find it for half the price and you get zero money. Were you not selling them on nxt (and just stayed with amazon or itune), some of those buyers would have not even discovered it by themselves.

Second, if you are selling it on nxt and doing well, you are telling pirates this shit sells good. Lets sell it too. The pirates may not have discovered you if you were just selling to 200 of your loyal customers on your own site (or c4s). You are advertising yourself to pirates.

Third, it will be outright stupid to sell your stuff on nxt as within seconds someone else makes a copy and sells it for 2 nxt. You will never be able to compete on price, unless you are giving it away for free (for links and publicity, for example).

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:41:56 PM

Please mass migrate to nxtforum.org

Please continue at:

NXT Pub Thread - 2500 Pages On Nxtforum.org Or Bust

http://107.170.117.237/index.php/topic,91.0.html

What site is that?
It looks that I need to register there ...
Isn't these 2 forums enough?  Smiley
https://nextcoin.org/index.php?board=1.0
https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/

It's the replacement for nxtcrypto forums. That will be shut down soon.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:42:46 PM

Please continue at:

What site is that?
It looks that I need to register there ...

It's the replacement for nxtcrypto forums. That will be shut down soon.

ok
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:43:22 PM

What site is that?
I looks that I need to register there ...

site URL is now: http://nxtforum.org

reasons for another forum: nextcoin.org is very close to dgex/graviton/gcinc (some people think too close), whereas the admin of forums.nxtcrypto.org went AWOL (could be that the forum dies)
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:21:17 PM

Looks like the last time i'll ever have to do this.....my catch-up post for today:

This guy Peter Todd is listed as Chief Scientist of the Mastercoin Foundation. Don't you think we could make an exception when the FUD reaches this level?

I had some kind of appreciation to this guy before his comments on LTB... I hope he is just unaware...

Everyone just RELAX!

This is not a big deal. 1 wrong sentence in an hour long episode.

Peter Todd probably has not looked into Nxt that much, and ASSUMED that it was like other POS coins.

It was probably an honest mistake.

The way to handle it, if you want to, is to write him a POLITE note telling him why he is mistaken. Then in the future he won't say such things. I really doubt he's trying to smear Nxt or anything sinister.

Yup, don't be so paranoid. It's a mistake , not emule level FUD.

SSL:
For the user who was asking about wildcard SSL (I think it was xyzzyx) the cost to do it anonymosly is fairly high, almost 500 euro.  So unless someone knows that rapidssl/comodo/someoneElse will allow purchase with either anonymous or with known-to-be-not-real ID (startssl is very strict about real names, address, TN, etc) then thats the way to go.

That is much more expensive than I expected.

I've sent 2000 NXT to your itty-bitty 2319251 address to help pay for a wildcard SSL cert. (txid 4585985331078069817)

Hopefully, others will be inclined to do the same.  We only need a hand-full of people, say around 7 or so, to do the same and the cost should be covered.

Doing a quick count, looks like around half the funds u need ofr a decent SSL cert. Check the InfCom Bitbucket, we are currently at 2 votes for funding SSL with 1 abstention and 2 yet to vote. Seeing as u've already got so far, i think we will approve the rest (isay hopefully). Go to Bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/nxtinfrastructure/committee/issue/20/ssl-certificate-for-nxtcryptoorg
And, if u need someone to stand up and give real world ID info to buy the cert, I'm happy to be the frontman.

Attacks:
My bitbucket account was been hacked, all my project files are gone... I still have eclipse backups though Smiley.

Someone is trying to hurt NXT...
Now u can be paranoid....

See, that was real easy today. I'm going to tickle Elmos ears and tell him that i'll miss him, but he won't be happy on the new forum:

Please continue at:

Goodbye...

*turns out the light*

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
eB101

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:41:06 PM

Great.. Looks like the new forum is down. One of the reasons why this one could still serve as a backup maybe
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:45:56 PM

Great.. Looks like the new forum is down. One of the reasons why this one could still serve as a backup maybe

Typical, I turn out the lights and not even 20 minutes later...... Cry
The new board is being kinda kicky right now, but it's obviously getting a lot of traffic (or maybe some DDOS joker). I'm having no problems posting and all, but am getting kicked occasionally.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Emule

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:47:28 PM

Typical, I turn out the lights and not even 20 minutes later...... Cry
The new board is being kinda kicky right now, but it's obviously getting a lot of traffic (or maybe some DDOS joker). I'm having no problems posting and all, but am getting kicked occasionally.

maybe you can blame me Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 [2402] 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: