Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:19:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 [2554] 2555 2556 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:04:47 AM

I still worry about the fact that we are not on Mintpal because of technical reasons...

Blackcoin is thriving for all the good reasons of POS (and pump probably)

But NXT is way better, its just that its less easy to use than Blackcoin..

If we could fix that than a lot of Blackcoin supporters will go to NXT when they see NXT's potential

I highlighted the answers in your post (like a smart ass, I know).

I find it strange that *cough* NAS *cough* even included Wesleyh' client as default in there download and we STILL haven't.
If only I could code...

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:06:19 AM

Development Node.Js

New NXT Lite (Step 3) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=562027

Test network http://193.169.244.74:19775

New Features Next Coin Lite:

- Paymant
- Transaction NXL
- Ability to pay is less than 1 unit - for example 0.0001
- Transaction USD / EUR
- Own virtual currency (Asset XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXNAME)
- Instant Transactions
- Arbitrary Messaging
- Basic DDoS Protection
- Adress Book
- Reputation System

So this is NXT but in node.js???

Yes developed server Node.Js., will be similar functionality with NXT

It is quite interesting what this guys are developing! It could be the next Paypal or Moneybookers in some sort, but giving the real money integration could be more awesome! Cheers

I see you are informed about their project! Could you explain the way USD AND EUR transactions will take place??
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:31:50 AM

I still worry about the fact that we are not on Mintpal because of technical reasons...

If we could fix that than a lot of Blackcoin supporters will go to NXT when they see NXT's potential

I find it strange that *cough* NAS *cough* even included Wesleyh' client as default in there download and we STILL haven't.
If only I could code...

Well, besides the fact you could just download Wesleyh's client without ever having to touch NRS, I think it's because the devs have made a lot of changes (ie. NQT) for the next "big" version, so there will need to be a lot of testing before rolling anything out.

Pandaisftw

NXT: 13095091276527367030
mikesbmw

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:38:23 AM

If only I could code...

Well, besides the fact you could just download Wesleyh's client without ever having to touch NRS, I think it's because the devs have made a lot of changes (ie. NQT) for the next "big" version, so there will need to be a lot of testing before rolling anything out.

Pandaisftw
For someone like me, no problem, but the average joe who wants to dip his toes in NXT, NRS is horrible.
I like NRS for it's simplicity, but I also see that NRS is the command shell to Windows' explorer or terminal to OS X' Finder...

Seeing that it is clearly easy enough to include Wesleyh's client by default, I really can't find an excuse why this hasn't happend yet.

Ease of use is a very VERY important part of almost anything consumer related.

hashuniverse

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:40:01 AM

I am all excited on NXT features.  And they seem to be coming all at the same time NEXT MONTH!!!!
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:43:43 AM

If only I could code...

Pandaisftw
For someone like me, no problem, but the average joe who wants to dip his toes in NXT, NRS is horrible.
I like NRS for it's simplicity, but I also see that NRS is the command shell to Windows' explorer or terminal to OS X' Finder...

Seeing that it is clearly easy enough to include Wesleyh's client by default, I really can't find an excuse why this hasn't happend yet.

Ease of use is a very VERY important part of almost anything consumer related.

Not enough java devs  Cheesy
Daedelus

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:47:48 AM

Remember Nxtopia, the MMORPG built on-top of the NXT network, using elements such as the Asset Exchange, Arbitrary Messages and Parallel Blockchains?
  Grin

Well, it has a new name Lith and progress update. Where you ask? On nxtforum.org of course.
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(ann)-lith/msg8355/

*snipped from link above*

Lith

Premise:
The entities that built Lith had reached the limits of technological advance, to the point in which they had material wealth limited only by their imaginations. They quickly grew bored with material utopia, and decided that in their development, they had gone down the wrong path.
Their solution was to return to their roots as many different races, in the hope that one would reach supreme contentment. To aid in the design of these races, and to support the universe in which these races would inhabit, they created the artificial world of Lith.
Volunteers were transformed into new, next generation species on Lith. Once a species was deemed ready, it was sent out into the universe to begin evolving anew.

Gameplay:
Lith gameplay will for the most part be decided by a player driven economy. The game is designed to sustain "emergent" gameplay in which everyone can be caught by surprise at the direction the game will take. Players interact in an immersive sandbox, where they can create their own paths and realities. They can harvest natural resources, use skills to create goods, offer services, and use strengths and powers to influence other players and the world around. Violence and politics are never far behind, but the economy will be the most powerful force, affecting warlords, farmers, and everyone in between.

Creators:
Our current team consists of chanc3r (Ian), pandaisftw (Eric), jefdiesel (Jef), swartzfeger (Jay) and Damelon (Bas). We each bring our different qualities to the creation of Lith.

swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:02:56 AM

Remember Nxtopia, the MMORPG built on-top of the NXT network, using elements such as the Asset Exchange, Arbitrary Messages and Parallel Blockchains?
  Grin

Well, it has a new name Lith and progress update. Where you ask? On nxtforum.org of course.
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(ann)-lith/msg8355/

For the record, I think Jef's nick here at BCT is brooklynbtc.
evanxxx

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:33:29 AM

Sorry to interrupt your FUDstorm Emule...

Business continues as usual at nxtforum.org, Jean-luc has completed the first stage of integration. As always, more work available so more JAVA programmers would be nice Grin

Go, go, go, jl  Grin Grin Grin

jl777 has also completed most of the work for Anon136's Physical good store, IIRC.

Re: Development roadmap

April 13, 2014, 05:15:01 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Jean-Luc on April 09, 2014, 02:01:43 pm

I am now working on integrating into the develop branch the changes from
feature/tf branch that CfB was working on. Those include Digital Goods Store,
Effective Balance Leasing, Transparent Forging changes (getNextBlockGenerators),
Phased transactions (not sure if this got completed). They will be enabled only
on test net initially, but I need to merge the code, convert all amount handling
logic to NQT, do some review and refactoring, fix obvious bugs if any.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been done, I reviewed and refactored the code and merged the tf branch back to develop.
Phased transactions are not yet implemented. The rest of the above features are code complete but not tested at all, and also they don't have an http API yet. Writing the http API could be done by somebody else, or wait until I am done with my other tasks.

Back to you Elmo... was that the 0.000032 prediction again Cheesy Cheesy Didn't get it right mid march, 27th march, 28th march and 3 times last week... so maybe this time  Wink I really hope you get it right one day, I think it will be good for you

good, seems that Nxt community members will be rich in the very near future.  Cheesy
times for so cheap Nxts will be over very soon  Cool
zhou123

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:51:11 AM

when will the ae launch?

NEM -New Economy Movement
NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:.12743292382697997323
GET 100K FREE NBC.4136235036667792300
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:10:23 AM

why you all think nxt will jump up suddenly? there is no reason why it should.

*all features* are already calculated in present price, want to see all your faces when(if ever) for example AE becomes live and price drops Cheesy Cheesy
Daedelus

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:12:23 AM

when will the ae launch?

When the known bugs have been fixed (once JL gets to it or we recruit more java devs), NQT is fully implemented in main core and clients devs have updated their cleints to accept NQT. Then the stage is set for AE (see below).

"I want a better client!", "I want the AE launched!"  Grin Grin Serious question, does anyone know where one might recuit a java developer?

*snip*

The remaining issue in AE:
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/issue/79/buy-order-and-sell-order-matching-does-not
needs to be resolved, and this is a good warm-up task for a new developer
, while
I am busy with the above work.

After bugs in fractional NXT transactions are found and fixed, we need to try on
test net the NQT_BLOCK transition without a blockchain reset.

*snip of test details*

So overall this is a tricky transition and we need to
rehearse it first on testnet.

Only after such test is successful, and we have switched to NQT on main net, with
all clients supporting NQT and AE, we can consider launching AE.

*snip*
Emule

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:13:21 AM

Sorry to interrupt your FUDstorm Emule...

Business continues as usual at nxtforum.org, Jean-luc has completed the first stage of integration. As always, more work available so more JAVA programmers would be nice Grin

Go, go, go, jl  Grin Grin Grin

jl777 has also completed most of the work for Anon136's Physical good store, IIRC.

Re: Development roadmap

April 13, 2014, 05:15:01 pm

Quote from: Jean-Luc on April 09, 2014, 02:01:43 pm

I am now working on integrating into the develop branch the changes from
feature/tf branch that CfB was working on. Those include Digital Goods Store,
Effective Balance Leasing, Transparent Forging changes (getNextBlockGenerators),
Phased transactions (not sure if this got completed). They will be enabled only
on test net initially, but I need to merge the code, convert all amount handling
logic to NQT, do some review and refactoring, fix obvious bugs if any.

This has been done, I reviewed and refactored the code and merged the tf branch back to develop.
Phased transactions are not yet implemented. The rest of the above features are code complete but not tested at all, and also they don't have an http API yet. Writing the http API could be done by somebody else, or wait until I am done with my other tasks.

Back to you Elmo... was that the 0.000032 prediction again Cheesy Cheesy Didn't get it right mid march, 27th march, 28th march and 3 times last week... so maybe this time  Wink I really hope you get it right one day, I think it will be good for you

when JL777 (aka nexern) is involved dont hold your breath, still need to see his first contribution to nxt. Cheesy Cheesy
Emule

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:15:18 AM

when will the ae launch?

When the known bugs have been fixed (once JL gets to it or we recruit more java devs), NQT is fully implemented in main core and clients devs have updated their cleints to accept NQT. Then the stage is set for AE (see below).

"I want a better client!", "I want the AE launched!"  Grin Grin Serious question, does anyone know where one might recuit a java developer?

*snip*

The remaining issue in AE:
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/issue/79/buy-order-and-sell-order-matching-does-not
needs to be resolved, and this is a good warm-up task for a new developer
, while
I am busy with the above work.

After bugs in fractional NXT transactions are found and fixed, we need to try on
test net the NQT_BLOCK transition without a blockchain reset.

*snip of test details*

So overall this is a tricky transition and we need to
rehearse it first on testnet.

Only after such test is successful, and we have switched to NQT on main net, with
all clients supporting NQT and AE, we can consider launching AE.

*snip*

real developers dont take nxt serious, so stop beggin for more java devs.

nxt = no future, no devs
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:18:32 AM

We moved:

www.nxtforum.org
Daedelus

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:18:47 AM

why you all think nxt will jump up suddenly? there is no reason why it should.

*all features* are already calculated in present price, want to see all your faces when(if ever) for example AE becomes live and price drops Cheesy Cheesy

I think you have a point Elmo  Grin Thanks for your positive contribution! I have seen you come close once or twice before but this is definitely a new high water mark. Well done Grin Grin

To quote jl777, people will "buy the rumour and sell the news". It is only once AE is paired up with automated transactions, multisig gateways etc and DGex, Anon136 launch shares etc and we start to get the true ecosystem so many have been working toward we will see a rise in value. And I expect it to be a slow burn until it catches the speculators eyes again. Then who knows what those guys will unleash  Grin

If it was easy to predict, there wouldn't be so much debate
theironman

Activity: 288
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:25:39 AM

I just send some Nxt to my friend, who knows nothing of cryptos.
I told him to make a wallet there https://wallet.mynxt.info/

After 2 minutes he had the Nxt in his wallet.

It doesnt get much easier than that!! And the speed of transaction even suprised me Smiley
mikesbmw

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:38:35 AM

im not worried atall over mintpal..

once AE goes live and we have a decent amount of coins trading on AE then we will be the exchange that most coins want to be on... especially pos coins with multipools cos they will want to reduce costs to increase profitability... i say support blackcoin on AE if possible... after all ever trade requires NXT! Wink

they have 72 terahashes now on script..! :O i think its a good sign of whats to come! the multipool is seriously feeding into itself.. its a glorious cycle of growth PoS and decline of PoW... Cheesy

Perhaps I'm overlooking things, but how can AE compete with regular exchanges regarding speed?
Block time is 1 minute and space in a block is limited, how will this be handled?

I thought AE was more of a place to trade goods and commodities, not so much for coins.

Daedelus

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:52:01 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 12:16:31 PM by Daedelus

im not worried atall over mintpal..

once AE goes live and we have a decent amount of coins trading on AE then we will be the exchange that most coins want to be on... especially pos coins with multipools cos they will want to reduce costs to increase profitability... i say support blackcoin on AE if possible... after all ever trade requires NXT! Wink

they have 72 terahashes now on script..! :O i think its a good sign of whats to come! the multipool is seriously feeding into itself.. its a glorious cycle of growth PoS and decline of PoW... Cheesy

Perhaps I'm overlooking things, but how can AE compete with regular exchanges regarding speed?
Block time is 1 minute and space in a block is limited, how will this be handled?

I thought AE was more of a place to trade goods and commodities, not so much for coins.

Bump from jl777's InstantDEX (formerly Secret Project) thread at https://nxtforum.org/multigateway-jl777/secret-project/80/

Re: secret project

April 12, 2014, 06:35:26 pm

The name of the secret project is InstantDEX

With the NXT AE people will be able to trade things, but there will be the blocktime to wait. 1 minute usually, but sometimes could be a lot more. Also 1 minute will feel like a really long time if the market is changing dramatically.

The goal of InstantDEX is to allow for realtime trading of any NXT asset against any other NXT asset (and NXT)
InstantDEX will be able to trade any asset, not just multigateway assets

I have achieved ~5 second times in my proof of concept, but that is not optimized, nor did it implement the full transaction cycle. Also, at these timeframes measuring a transaction really depends on if you count the time from you post a bid, it propagates, somebody immediately accepts it and the trade completes.
Or if you are measuring from when you accept an order on the books and it gets completed.

My goal is to do the former in the ~3 second timeframe. Initial versions will be slower. The multigateway will need to be trusted to redeem assets, but that is a trust level that I am assuming we will be operating with. Almost all of InstantDEX will be decentralized.

People with good internet connections will get better performance than people with bad internet connections.

James

zhou123

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:07:17 PM

i don't agree with you,emlue
nxt is doing something useful and creatable
just need time for the dev
when the ae is done,the world is changed.

NEM -New Economy Movement
NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:.12743292382697997323
GET 100K FREE NBC.4136235036667792300
Pages: « 1 ... 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 [2554] 2555 2556 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: