Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (old OR thread, closed and moved)  (Read 64757 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 04:26:55 AM

fluffypony,

How long does it take for an order to go from "pre-fabrication" to shipped?

any idea?

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 05:39:18 AM

fluffypony,

How long does it take for an order to go from "pre-fabrication" to shipped?

any idea?

I answered that earlier: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.msg3933648#msg3933648

Smiley

chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:16:13 AM

Yikes. Was about to purchase one but I can't justify the 67 dollars shipped to the US. But definitely look like nice cases

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 07:40:29 AM

^^ what i did was look at my miners and screamed cmon cleatus, and gave em a lil kick!

Then i looked at fluffys site & customer support and then i visited reddit to checkem out .. tho i missed the black friday sale, i came to the conclusion that from the material presented to me it looks like we have a good product and good people, you gotta support that! I dont mind spending money when the product / service is good. When the people are good to thats just a plus!

Real talk..

I spent thousands at retailers this holiday and i have thousand on hold from getting screwed over! I just got an email from Newegg that the 2x Asus Radeon 280x's i purchased were not in stock but the did charge my card!! 5 days to get it back!! Business days!
Newegg chat rep could care less...

I spent $2200 at superbiiz, they waited a week to tell me they have no stock! They were just taking orders and there was nobody manning the ship at the site! They said they came in the next morning and seen all the orders! grrr...  Then they took their sweet time telling everyone.

Amazons market place seller datavision took my $2400 i spent only to wait a 5 days and say they have no stock!
(Amazon credited me $30 for the trouble )

Ncix took my orders for 2 280's and they said that my address was not correct so they could not process my order!! WTF!
Of course that wasnt the case and they just fumbled!

Being a small business owner.. let me tell you if one of my customers spent thousands at my shop i would be going out of my way to make sure they are being taken care of! 

So yeah! When i find someone who looks like they spent more than 10 minutes on their site, they have good customer relations and good products... I find it real easy to justify the funds. Sucks it goes to shipping and not them!

When i get my stacker from them i can tell you about the quality .. but thats my 2 satoshis currently as we speak.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
nvandertill

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:58:41 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 10:27:24 AM by nvandertill

I ordered a Georgina 6 GPU (hopefully upgrading to 8 GPU by email right now) about a week ago. Can't wait to get it.

The shipping charge is nothing if you are looking to build a powerful rig. With that many GPUs, it is worth it to do it right. This is obviously a quality product with quality support. Glad I was able to order just as he opened before he becomes too swamped. If you spend thousands on video cards you might as well spend $120 on a proper rig to hold them. Just focus on saving elsewhere.

I can only find one other guy fabricating these types of frames and he is booked until the end of the century. Looks like if he just shipped the first #450 orders then they got enough manpower to get it done relatively quick.

@zedicus Same boat as you with the GPUs. Another retailer said they had #6 R9 290s in stock. I bought, paypalled. They emailed saying they were about a week back ordered! GRR. Oh well, still waiting on risers and stuff just like yourself so no big deal.

Thanks fluffypony!
smartbrain

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:46:14 PM

On the 6-way, do you need extra long PCI-e extenders? Will standard 5cm ones work? Or do you need 15 cm? Or even the more expensive 25cm type?

Conversely, can you do a 4-way rig with just 5cm extenders? Or do you still need 15cm ones?

Also on 6-way do you need to use PCI power extenders or can you get by with standard cables with one PSU on each end?

On the 4-way with one PSU, do you need PCI power extenders?

Thanks.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:47:54 PM

many awesome words

Thanks for the kind words - I'm sure you'll be equally pleased with the quality when you get it:)

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:50:45 PM

I ordered a Georgina 6 GPU (hopefully upgrading to 8 GPU by email right now) about a week ago. Can't wait to get it.

The shipping charge is nothing if you are looking to build a powerful rig. With that many GPUs, it is worth it to do it right. This is obviously a quality product with quality support. Glad I was able to order just as he opened before he becomes too swamped. If you spend thousands on video cards you might as well spend $120 on a proper rig to hold them. Just focus on saving elsewhere.

I can only find one other guy fabricating these types of frames and he is booked until the end of the century. Looks like if he just shipped the first #450 orders then they got enough manpower to get it done relatively quick.

@zedicus Same boat as you with the GPUs. Another retailer said they had #6 R9 290s in stock. I bought, paypalled. They emailed saying they were about a week back ordered! GRR. Oh well, still waiting on risers and stuff just like yourself so no big deal.

Thanks fluffypony!

This is it exactly - any decent rig costs upward of $2500, not spending $120 on keeping it cool and dry to prevent long-term damage and retain it's resale value is just mincing onions. But some people are on a budget, and I understand that:)

We're stepping up the manpower and the equipment, and have even switched packaging suppliers to one who can get us the extra boxes we need before they close next week Friday (our regular supplier closed today!)

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:52:38 PM

On the 6-way, do you need extra long PCI-e extenders? Will standard 5cm ones work? Or do you need 15 cm? Or even the more expensive 25cm type?

Conversely, can you do a 4-way rig with just 5cm extenders? Or do you still need 15cm ones?

Also on 6-way do you need to use PCI power extenders or can you get by with standard cables with one PSU on each end?

Thanks.

On a 6-way rig you're going to need 1 or 2 of the 30cm risers. On a 4-way rig you MAY need 1 of them.

Always go for powered PCI-e risers, most motherboards can't handle more than 1 or 2 cards drawing 75W each through the board.

Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:40:34 PM

Thanks.

On a 6-way rig you're going to need 1 or 2 of the 30cm risers. On a 4-way rig you MAY need 1 of them.

Always go for powered PCI-e risers, most motherboards can't handle more than 1 or 2 cards drawing 75W each through the board.

You wouldn't happen to sell risers too? I just ordered 3 x 6-way rigs from your site, but I can't find anyone who has 30cm powered risers at sane price levels, who aren't sold out Wink

Since I don't need to fully populate the rigs from the get go (I have some wooden frames currently in service that can retain some of the cards) I'm not in trouble yet. I have some 25cm risers tho, think they'll do the job for 5 card configs?

-
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:38:36 PM

You wouldn't happen to sell risers too? I just ordered 3 x 6-way rigs from your site, but I can't find anyone who has 30cm powered risers at sane price levels, who aren't sold out Wink

Since I don't need to fully populate the rigs from the get go (I have some wooden frames currently in service that can retain some of the cards) I'm not in trouble yet. I have some 25cm risers tho, think they'll do the job for 5 card configs?

Good luck with those... tried ordering 100 of them and they were out of stock... now I don't see 30cm risers anywhere.  

Trying to get 100 of the 15cm ones now, but have not gotten a response from the company.
nvandertill

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:39:46 PM

Thanks.

Hey brother.

Just get some whatever length of the powered risers and daisy chain them with some 30cm unpowered ones. You can still find long unpowered ones. They also got molex and 8pin extensions if you need PSU extensions.

@fluffypony Did you get my email about upgrading to 8 GPU model? Not sure if I got that to you in time as I just got a fabrication notice. Hope you aren't too far along to upgrade it yet.

Hope this helps.
Rakessh

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:13:12 AM

Hey brother.

Just get some whatever length of the powered risers and daisy chain them with some 30cm unpowered ones. You can still find long unpowered ones. They also got molex and 8pin extensions if you need PSU extensions.

@fluffypony Did you get my email about upgrading to 8 GPU model? Not sure if I got that to you in time as I just got a fabrication notice. Hope you aren't too far along to upgrade it yet.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I thought about daisy chaining shorter risers together, but I'm worried the overall length and added resistance with additional connectors will mess up the signal quality too much and make the rig unstable, or make the mobo have trouble detecting the cards.

-
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 09:11:58 AM

man my chinese supplier flaked and emailed saying he was going to refund on the 10 or so 1x to 16x powered risers i ordered weeks ago! Im so screwed! This gpu frame is useless without risers. You guys should sell em!

Im so mad right now! Someone have a decent source?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:01:10 PM

man my chinese supplier flaked and emailed saying he was going to refund on the 10 or so 1x to 16x powered risers i ordered weeks ago! Im so screwed! This gpu frame is useless without risers. You guys should sell em!

Im so mad right now! Someone have a decent source?

Theres some risers in this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365181.0

They aren't the standard IDE-style ribbon cable risers that are super fragile and prone to breaking. These are more reliable, flexible, and made to mine on, utilizing USB 3.0 cables for data transmission (very physically flexible), 2 caps for power filrtation, and extra grounds and 12v added for extra power.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PCI-E-PCI-E-Express-1x-to-1X-4x-8x-16x-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Card-with/944387438.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321272676674

note: price has increased on ebay due to insane demand.

zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:08:22 PM

Hey friend .. yeah the prices are crazy... i paid 6 a pop weeks ago.. lol

Never seen those risers you posted.. kinda pricey but i may look into it as an option thanks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
nvandertill

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:35:28 PM

Hey brother.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I thought about daisy chaining shorter risers together, but I'm worried the overall length and added resistance with additional connectors will mess up the signal quality too much and make the rig unstable, or make the mobo have trouble detecting the cards.

I hope not... This is how I planned my setup. I am using an one unpowered riser and one powered to daisy chain to the farthest cards. I am terminating every card with a powered riser and my mobo also has a SATA power input that provides extra power to the PCI-E lanes, so hopefully it should see it fine. I'll let you all know how it goes!

For you guys having trouble finding powered risers, go look on ebay. If you don't mind getting raped there is some domestic guys with them. I am waiting on #3 1x->16x powered to come into stock from an eBay guy but he hasn't cancelled my order at least.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:55:51 PM

I hope not... This is how I planned my setup. I am using an one unpowered riser and one powered to daisy chain to the farthest cards. I am terminating every card with a powered riser and my mobo also has a SATA power input that provides extra power to the PCI-E lanes, so hopefully it should see it fine. I'll let you all know how it goes!

For you guys having trouble finding powered risers, go look on ebay. If you don't mind getting raped there is some domestic guys with them. I am waiting on #3 1x->16x powered to come into stock from an eBay guy but he hasn't cancelled my order at least.

There's no problem daisy chaining - 1x->1x unpowered risers can be daisy chained, as long as the daisy chain is terminated by a 1x->16x powered riser.

Rakessh

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:40:34 AM

There's no problem daisy chaining - 1x->1x unpowered risers can be daisy chained, as long as the daisy chain is terminated by a 1x->16x powered riser.

I should be ok then Smiley

-
wildbud

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:58:42 AM

Time from payment to shipping to the US?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: