Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6183 times)
cryptokia

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:24:46 PM

Your words made me think a lot...I`m now holding one coin worth $500 and everyone is shouting just the same, hold, hold. But what if tomorrow it became trash?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:28:26 PM

if there is a demand but the supply is low or many are holding their coins then it is possible that the price will go up unless the coin they are holding have no demand. it depends on the ICOs you choose if it will be successful. project underdevelopment usually don't get demands that is why price is low but when the project is finish and starts to run the demand will rise and price also. many have become rich for holding coins so it is good to hold coins.
oddsig

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

If you're gonna hodl make sure it's a real project and not because people scream hodl!
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:38:02 PM

You sound very salty and a hater of HODLing  Grin Grin Grin Grin. Only the strong will survive in this game.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:41:06 PM

If you are worry about hodling then sell the half and hold other half, it is also depend on the token you hold, their are some will moon and other will fall.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:43:23 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

hold good coins, sell shitcoins & transfer into good coins...simple like that

whats good or shit you need to do some own research

Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 01:46:36 PM

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.
You right and when you choose ico or coin you looking for demand for a coin in the future. And hold, because you know that will be demand for a coins.

Grimjhow

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:50:49 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

my opinion is also good if we survive in the long run, because for us it will generate a lot of bitcoin in the future, because as we know bitcoin prices every day always rise higher than before, so we will more easily generate profits at higher .
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:58:10 PM

I think you're wrong on what you have said to "The price will never rise if everyone HODls" Instantly this was a very efficient to boost more the campaign because it will increase the supply and demand of ICO due to a lot of investors will attract to invest in a project. If that ICO are not in the same cases i think it could be a shitcoin too.
duchaitp

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:58:15 PM

I'm holding means I do not sell at low prices. I only sell when the price increases to reach the target that I set.
iAMawi123

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 02:12:05 PM

In my own opinion, it really depends on the coin and how it is being used by the public. Also, price will increase if there is a relevant news related to the coin. So still, holding can really get you somewhere.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:15:35 PM

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January

And I would tell you that it depends on a coin that you are holding..
I am a bounty hunter so every altcoins that I am holding since last year were all earned through participating signature and other types of bounty campaigns but I choose to hold them no matter how the pumping and dumping is going on along the way whether the crypto market is in crisis or recovering.
What I know that is my crypto assets were increasing in price value and it's because I am holding.
When you dump your coins too soon, you'll never have  the chance to earn more and higher.

Not all crypto coins that you decided to hold are worth it and profitable, there's some coins from ICO's are worthless or a scam.
Holding is better than selling, but it depends on  the potential of the coin that you trying to hold.
CEOKEY

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:24:12 PM

If you hold an electronic currency, you will have the opportunity to earn very high profits. That can only happen when you have a potential coin. But keeping it can cost you a lot of money. That happens when you keep your coin unpowered to compete ... Generally keeping or not depends on the coin you choose.
Apiapik

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:24:51 PM

With hold if the altcoin token price is low, wait until the price goes up and we get a profit. Economically we get added value from the sale of the token altcoin. But in trading we need a relatively long time because waiting for the price to go up as you wish.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:30:47 PM

HODLing got me some big payouts. It’s a hit-or-miss thing. I guess I’m just lucky with my choice of ICOs. Background checking on the companies also played a good part.

mommysean

Activity: 201

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:25:47 PM

i am agree with your last word. instead hold, just buy more potential coins for adding to your portfolio.
but holding is good if you hold a potential coins. if you sell the potential coin now, im afraid you will be regret later.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:35:42 PM

agree becuase of too much ico there are  too many choices to buy and the fact that token is hard to have a demand it will push the price down even -1000% from ico price  . Do not just hold choose a coin before you buy it and search for everything you want to understand and why do you think it will have thier own demand.
Lostan

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:39:22 PM

Many coins are on the same price range for months if not for years.
If there are fundamental reasons for growth, then the price will increase.
The less supply + the more demand = the higher price.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:42:17 PM

I agreed to certain extent of OP, the price won’t move if everyone hold. But in reality, I don’t think everyone will be holding for the long term. There are day traders, coin buy back from developers, people selling coins for emergencies and etc.
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:44:58 PM

Holding is good, if you hold the right coins
but, trading is better because you can make profit in short period time

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: