Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:02:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6188 times)
jin_dv

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:04:49 PM

Hello everyone! But why? I would not be so skeptical, because the most important thing to be patient and wait, and after a certain time the coin you hold will give you a lot more profit than if you sell it at once.
spastikss

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:05:40 PM

I dont agree with you in some points. It depends on which coin you hold. Yes you are right if everybody holds coins, there will be no value. Some will sell, some will buy and some will hold. And also there are some coins which should be hold.

AndrewBrown

Activity: 251
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:59:24 PM

This is not true. OP I have to disagree with you on this one. Holding is actually one of the best ways to make money in the crypto world. Not everyone can be an expert day trader and be making a lot of money from trading altcoins, so we buy low and sell high, easier than trading.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:04:02 PM

I have always believed in holding and this method really works for me instead of worrying everyday and wondering if market will increase today. Holding actually givea you a better chance of gaining profit and somehow gives you time to rethink on your strategy. Though this works for me, it may not work for others. Nonetheless, i don’t see anything wrong in hodlinc, it is actually safer than trading.

nerove

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:04:58 PM

All depends on projects, some projects are good for hodling, like etherium or bitcoin, and some are not like scam icos.
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:10:56 PM

yes I agree with your opinion. not all coins will soar just because many hold them. but the price of a coin / token will soar if more and more of the purchase request of the token.
but in my opinion, the rise or fall of coin / token price after listing also depends on how tough the development team of the coin / token is.
fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:19:18 PM

I think you're wrong. Of course there's some truth to it, but I'm still familiar with people who used to hold altcoins in the long run, who seemed to be of no use to anyone, but then they took off to the moon. Personally, I stick to more stable altcoins and in the long run they bring good profits.
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:29:30 PM

What ICOs were you looking at? I sold my NPXS coins at 0.002 they're now at 0.009 and still rising. One of worst decisions I ever made it was my moon coin!

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:33:19 PM

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
Holding is applicable to everyone whether they are strategic or just want to hold and don't want to see the charts going down. Not all traders are advantageous during the dip market, some are not capable of adding more with their portfolio and they are worried about it since they can see the down fall. We are not the same if we are comfortable by just holding, it's our decision. If you are good at buying during the dip then it's your advantage.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!
Everyone hoards so there's no supply and this can lead the demand higher.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Litzki1990

Activity: 1232
Merit: 327

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:06:20 PM

holding will not get you nowhere. holding gives you an opportunity to earn high profit, and the demand that you are talking about will come when the project itself has a latest updates or plan that will make the price increase due to its demand.
I will agree to you holding will not going to nowhere i think holdings getting you into profit, It depends also to the people selling of their token so that's why the token will be growing up. And that's true the plan of the project or a roadmap of it.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
richaerich

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:10:44 PM

It's not 100% true, the thing is i already did that and it's very worth it, when the big crash happened back in january-february , i hodl all of my altcoins, it's proven to be very worth to hodl all of them, as soon as the big crash over i can sell them in a higher price
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:12:01 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

You're exactly right dude, holding wont get everybody else somewhere but you cant blame them maybe they dont want to trade since they are not good about it so they choose to hold and wait to passively earn by just waiting for the price to pump. They're waiting for the whales who will shake the price of the specific coin. but if we imagine, what if everyone knows how to trade then i assume that price of each and evry token will pump.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:16:35 PM

HODL is always the best way whenever the exchange rate falls, or you expect a crypto moment to bump actively. Hodl is never wrong if you choose potential crypto for yourself. If you invest in crypto top 5 such as BTC, ETH, XRP, ADA, EOS and hodl for at least three months, I believe you will be profitable as these cryptos tend to grow very stable.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████