Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:10:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6186 times)
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:32:56 PM

Holding is best way to get good earnings but that depends on the selection of coin. Always go with a coin which have decent project behind it and choose from top 50 coins which always recover very fast from there lows at recovery time rather then so many coins because they have highest liquidity and you can sell your coins at any time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KathyCat

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:37:06 PM

i mean sure if you buy more the price will go up. but the people screaming hold are screaming it so that you dont sell. if the price goes down and people start selling the price continues to go down. so to combat this they are screaming hold in telegram...
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:19:38 PM

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!
Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.
Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
For any currency or token in the market if the project is having a valid development structure the price of the coin will rise and people are investing in it because they think it will give them the profit they are looking forward, how do you make a strategic choice if the coin you have invested is trading below the ICO price, you will hold it for a longer period, even if you buy the ultimate process is to hold until it gives you the profit. If the project succeeds the investment will give you the intended profit, if not it is a loss and that is the risk we are making with ICO.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:25:14 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

it is true there is no guarantee that the longer the price will become more expensive there are even some coins that the longer the price becomes very cheap it is because the project is not experiencing good growth and therefore the coin is abandoned by the merchant and now the volume of the transaction is very small then it all depends on the progress of the project and if assessed the project will continue to be developed I think the coin is very worthy for you hodl

rapsonic1337

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:34:17 PM

Theres a lot of coins that are registere in cryptocurrency and for you, you should hold the right coin which allows and have a big potential that the will increase so that your holding strategy would not be wasted.
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:36:59 PM

Everything depends on the success of the ICO project and its team. If the ICO project is good, then its tokens will grow on hold. However, many tokens are released from hastily prepared and not fully thought out projects, or they are of no use to anyone. Then their retention will not yield any profit.
remol

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 09:40:50 PM

Did anybody do a post-ICO statistics? To check how many ICOs saw their price crash after listing, and how many of them did some nice 2-10x?

SOGabriel

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:42:46 PM

It all depends on the coin you're holding not all Coin are worth holding really, but if you have a good project and Active team then holding the coin might be a life changer irrespective of the ICO performance...
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:31:56 PM

For me holding is an investment strategy. It means you have horizont of investment, targets and you do research the market. If you have these points to look on, you will always achieve your targets - so you will go to somewhere.  Wink
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:33:36 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Of course hodling is not the best strategy for everyone. But it is for most people.

The ones that are capable of daytrading and can manage to profit off of that should go ahead and do just that. But the majority can't do that, and instead of losing money, they're better off hodling whatever the dips may come and go.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:35:53 PM

I think that you don't understand how market works...the less is the available number to buy - the higher is the price...

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:44:16 PM

As you posted you are investing and holding ICO Token, this from my point of view is very risky because the rate of ICO Token will drop very quickly and the chances of recovery in the exchange rate are meager. So if you are holding, the more you swing the exchange rate will decrease, and you will lose a lot. It is, therefore, better to exchange all of the ICO Token to ETH then hold it to be safer and more profitable.

Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:31:45 PM

hold ico tokens are more risky than hold coins that are certain because most of the projects take a long time to realize the development, market listing and also some external problem from the project itself

Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:39:04 PM

We just have to hold the coins we think will go to the moon. No need to hold it all. just hold that according to prediction will be sold and the price will increase in a few weeks. Do not expect too much on coins that are not yet clear. We should not be too relaxed and just sit waiting that everything is like magic. Could suddenly.
It means that holding won't work at all times even we can say this certain coin will have a good future. I've never fun of holding, I'm selling off my coins when it have a good price and gain profit, and then I'll just buying back when it fall back. That's the way I work in crypto, it hope it works into the others. It only be needing a smart decision and closely monitor on the market chart.
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:40:14 PM

I believe that holding is the best option as long as you know what are you holding. For example I don't care about any correction if I have only Bitcoin and Ethereum. Doesn't matter how much will the price drop, I know that will raise again.

mark1220

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:43:28 PM

For me holding is the best way of earning more profit but it depends on what token your holding if it is shitcoin or it has a potential to rise this coming bull market, we know that market price may up and down and its normal and holding is the best way of it.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:54:51 PM

FALSE. Maybe you have just said this because of your past experiences. Holding especially a good crypto would give you huge profit. Good examples are etherium and Bitcoin which had a huge price increase within two years. When it comes on ICO or bounty tokens, we have to face the fact that only some are profitable of holding.
lantruong907

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:41:55 AM

I dont agree with you in some points. It depends on which coin you hold. Yes you are right if everybody holds coins, there will be no value. Some will sell, some will buy and some will hold. And also there are some coins which should be hold.
cybernet001

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:51:19 AM

nice one thumb up but everybody with there strategy what works for you might not work for me
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:36:27 PM

The fact that something did or does not work out for you does not meant that it will not work out for the next person. For new investors who are just starting out you cannot possibly expect them to jump into trading coins when they do not yet understand the market. So holding is the best option for them and they can make a lot of money from it as  long as they buy low and sell high.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: