Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:49:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6194 times)
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:34:11 AM

Holding the ICO Token at this time is a sure bet that will cause you to lose money. Most ICOs are now unlikely, and rates will drop sharply after being indexed on trading floors. Therefore, holding ICOs Token will get you lose in profit, you should sell the ICO Token after being distributed from the ICO project.

bibitao69

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:48:09 AM

It's normal that price decrease after the ICO. If you want to support the project, then the ICO makes sense. Without successful ICO there won't be a post ICO trading..
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:05:07 PM

There is some truth in your words. The fact is that every investor follows his strategy. Many sell very quickly to fix profits and they are not interested in the future fate of the coin. Do not forget that any startup needs time to launch its product. And you should understand that the tokens of a successful project will grow in value. You need to understand the difference between investing and trading
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:17:22 PM

Actually hodling unnecessarily is what really causes one to be burnt
Which is why one needs to be careful

People tend to hodl coins even if they do 200%
This is wrong and you need to cash in when there is a huge dump
trade2winnn

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:20:11 PM

What makes you think that?if the project is promising,and he has great ambitions and goals,and there is a clear understanding that it will give a significant increase when implementing the idea, the project that presented,and which is untwisted, so that in 2-3 years, very different money will cost this project
Axetrd

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:31:54 PM

Hodling is a good strategy when you bought at ATH and just do not wanna sell your coins with loss. But in others situations, yes, better and more profitable will be trading and increase your holdings step by step. But not everyone can trade properly and grow his portfolio.
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:46:08 PM

Holding will get you nowhere with only shitcoins! Investors how hodl bitcoin during its inception are all millionaires today, and I know there are coins that have better usecase than bitcoin. So hodling such coins will certainly yield good profit overtime. It may only take time.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:58:20 PM

I know not all members in here really cares in the future,  as they only think of what they might get for today that's why only few members can manage to hold. It is in the realization that,  holder's and risk takers will be paid from their sacrifice and willingness to risk their money in crypto.
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:14:35 AM

To some extent, you are right.I suppose I also start talking about hodling when the coins after the ICO are very small.I'm sorry to sell them.So I will leave them and wait for better times.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
ElizaZX

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:20:51 AM

Trading decisions are very difficult. I'm afraid that will transfer part of its assets to a new coin and it will depreciate. I no longer stick to options, either I sell all the coins, which I think is not viable, or hold all the good coins.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:26:34 AM

Cryptocurrencies are not magic, but when people adopt it and start to use it more then now you will see how much will price rise. Investing in bitcoin in 2010 was like investing in cars back in 1910. Look how Bill Gates made his fortune, many great things had big impact on people in last centuries, but when something is becoming a global thing worth is rising.
Hodling will get you nowhere is stupid, so stupid that I cant explain. Take a look at anyone who bought in 2010, on how much that person bought, now take a look that person now and how much his investment worth now in this moment and tell me that hodling will get you nowhere.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
salita23

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:29:42 AM

holding will not get you nowhere. holding gives you an opportunity to earn high profit, and the demand that you are talking about will come when the project itself has a latest updates or plan that will make the price increase due to its demand.

Holding is always as an opportunity wherever you go because it helps the stability of the individual to get along in life situations. Yet in needs time to get profit but at least their are reason to survive for the next long days to come along. 
wulian18

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:32:16 AM

The two most important things to hold are how to choose and hold for a long time. If the currency you choose is a quality project, then even if it is currently low, there is still a chance to take off again. But this holding process is a test of your confidence, many people will give up.
Sharpbeauty

Activity: 265

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:45:58 AM

Holding is a good thing to do when it come to cryptocurrency matter  because it is sure that there will be a day that the coin that hold will be needed and their will be nobody to sell so it therefore cause the increase in price of the particular and this can only be if the coin invested on has future.
dashi555

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:51:23 AM

Long-term holdings are still the most profitable way. Because all projects rely on long-term development to allow value to continue to grow, rather than short-term speculation. So you have to follow the project for long-term support.
Girtogoh3

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:52:37 AM

people say correctly, hold in some situations is the best solution
Krendiv

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:20:43 AM

There are a lot of examples of how people have become millionaires at the expense of hold ...  so I don't think you're right.
3kpk3

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:33:10 AM

Cryptocurrencies are not magic, but when people adopt it and start to use it more then now you will see how much will price rise. Investing in bitcoin in 2010 was like investing in cars back in 1910. Look how Bill Gates made his fortune, many great things had big impact on people in last centuries, but when something is becoming a global thing worth is rising.
Hodling will get you nowhere is stupid, so stupid that I cant explain. Take a look at anyone who bought in 2010, on how much that person bought, now take a look that person now and how much his investment worth now in this moment and tell me that hodling will get you nowhere.
I agree. The statement made by op is clearly one of the silliest statements that I have observed in recent times. HODLING has helped me earn steady profits from a long period of time which is why I always prefer it over short term trading although selling at the top is also equally important since this guarantees great profits. I usually tend to sell my coins and tokens at great prices and HODL when their values are low.

Enyi001

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:40:24 AM

What you have just insinuated is really a half truth to me. Everyone cannot hold and don't think everyone can sell as well. It is never possible for all to hold neither sell. It all depends on personal preferences. As for me, holding is the best option. Also note that a good coin always reach out for promotions and through that, they bring more buyers into the framework. That alone can lift prices as well.
sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:49:20 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

very well said.  i adviced people to sell their coins/tokens, but do so by placing sell orders at good price and wait for someone to pickup your order.  also, you can place buy orders at lower price just in case some people panic sold their coins.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: