Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6191 times)
isnema

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:43:56 AM

Hold only good coins. If you don't sure that coin will go to the moon, don't hold it, sell it if price falling.
Traderadex

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:45:14 AM

I know of people who hodl for 1 - 2 years and today they're Millionaire, don't compare Own patience with others, each project has different purposes, products and services they work on, so if you determine to sell off your coins it depends on you and your belief for the project.
yurlik1964

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

https://dozarplati.info

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:45:18 AM

Investing in good projects is not very profitable. A short-term perspective interests most people and this is a problem. If you choose good projects and invest in them, then, in the long run, you will be able to earn more. Be careful about investing in bad projects, it's risky. And buying tokens for long-term investment is really beneficial

Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:46:44 AM

You are kind of right in that coins do not magically rise in value, however some half decent analysis will tell you that they have been scraping along the yearly lows for several months now. And that a shrewd investment at these levels is pretty likely to give you a decent return as soon as the market improves.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
bitconceptbiz1

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 08:51:26 AM

Honestly I understand how you feel, but I must say to hodl actually pays cus if you sell, you sell at lost.. I'd actually advise selling immediately if someone needs urgent money.
Oyebode1

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 08:55:53 AM

Not right completely. If you are holding coins like BTC and ETH, you will get somewhere (may be millions or billions based on how much you hold ).
Yeah but op is talking about ICO and not those coins that is worth holding. It's not a good idea to hold coin/token from ICO because we all know what is ICO and most of them are just shit. So if you find an opening that you think you can make a profit. Don't hesitate, just grab it.

You've said it all.. But there are also sometimes where you blame yourself for dumping early, because sometimes you dump and blame yourself later for doing that, same happened to me with Hydro project
Crypto4all02

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 09:00:43 AM

After reading this post am now confused I don't even know what to do do now
Wether to  hold my tokens or to dump them immediately I receive them.

Don't be confused brother, just make sure you make your  research well on the project before deciding to dump or hold, with this you'd have lesser problems.
|BitcoinZ|

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:05:51 AM

All coin that originated from ico mate will encounter the landfill after it will reach to a few trades in light of the fact that a significant number of them will offer their token such us abundance seeker that will get the benefit however one thing is great when they were complete the process of offering, following multi month that coin will gradually increasing higher cost.
@hosimanaka

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:12:56 AM

In my opinion, holding will lead us to a reasonable price that we expect, if we hurry to sell at lower prices than expected and easy to regret.
minlirto

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:13:06 AM

I believe that coins like Etherium and Bitcoin are the best for hold and hold will bring much more than regular trading
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:34:24 AM

HODLing is not your only option, as a matter of fact it will be your final option, you can actually HODL and make some action while you wait, it depends on the coin you bought if it is really worth HODLing, don't waste your time HODLing on a currency that is not worth, make some research, look at the stat sheets, check if the price is good, and while you're at it, why not make some investments, or check out other altcoins that you think will give you a boost.
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:23:48 AM

Hold only good coins, don't hold shitcoins. If you don't sure that coin will go to the moon, don't hold it, sell it if price falling.
In january I bought 1ST for 1$ and sell it in february for 0.7$, now price is 0.38$. I loss money, but only 30%, not 60%.
I agree with your opinion, indeed before holding a coin must note that the coins are good or not to hold in the long run or short. if you do not know clearly about the information about the coin then the result will be a loss

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
gawuk

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:15:36 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

Of course the price will be affected supply and demand, that's why we need to hold the coin. A lot of demand is certainly very good, but it will not make the price go up when more are selling. And of course the exchange market will largely determine the token's performance upon release in the market.
MEMEX

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:50:15 PM

I think there's nothing wrong with holding tokens. Of course we are in a different position between holding and buying tokens. Of course we will buy first before holding back, and not everyone has more capital to buy again when prices fall in the market, and one way to raise prices is to withhold, or sell at a price that is not too low.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798

homt.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 04:25:54 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

This is the best and amazing information I have ever received on the cryptocurrency space, this is very realistic and straight to the point. Majority of of the people don't understand the concept of demand and supply so they seek for for other determinants of price and get confused. Thanks for this wonderful information.

HOMT