Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6188 times)
youngmobi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:43:41 PM

That's not true only if you just go on investing in fake ICO that's when it's just a waist invest for you there are a lot of shitcoins in crypto thats why before you invest you need to make a research well before taking your next step.
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:17:33 PM

Sometimes a strategy to hold can bring very steep dividends. But it should really be very well versed in the market and the prospects of startups. And not to buy everything, hoping for a miracle.

liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:22:49 PM

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Even their prices tend to be stagnant, this can have saturated effects (boring), and for those who can't stand the conditions like this, they will usually sell it no wonder if the price of crypto eventually even decreased.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

You're right supply and demand are the main drivers of cryptocurrency prices others are just a plus.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

By buying (for those with money) price growth will certainly strengthen, and trade can stimulate market conditions.

focacho1

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:24:29 PM

Hold that coins that have done their roadmap steps. These projects have much more chances in future. For example, ETH tokens that launched their mainnet.
Remat34

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:34:41 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

I absolutely also agree to this. Now I know some geniuses are with us here. See! There are some decisions we have been making wrongly in this community which people like this dude is shedding lite into now.

I reason this true,  I confirm its objective enough and true.
Stewart66

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

https://www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:39:09 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

if most of it is bad it means we should be able to find a small part, so not the wrong HODLing but ico and coin is not right if only we can choose the right of course HODLing will make us get a lot of profit

JaekRock

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 09:45:47 PM

HODL has its place.  As does buying/trading.  Pretty sure early bitcoin adopters would tell you HODL worked out pretty well for them.  I agree that if you have the time/knowledge to trade, you can increase your bags...depends what kind of timetable you want to convert back to fiat though.  There will still be plenty of projects that moon and will be profitable for hodlers, but others (maybe especially ICOs) could go to zero.  Don't invest more than you can afford to lose!
karavay_71

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:50:26 PM

I don't think that hodling is that bad. Actually there's still a long way to go for crypto and no one can make exact predictions. But it's true that the most of projects don't deserve hodling at all.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
biochem123

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:51:33 PM

I wouldn't say nowhere, but it's a bad method to use in this kind of market cycle for sure. People should adopt to changes.
romanjose1402

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:58:03 PM

Holding is one of the best strategies, despite it's simplicity it is the most safe of all and the profits could be really good, after all when you buy a crypto you are already part of that project that you previously researched and chose for certain reasons.
gabrielkings

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 10:25:34 PM

Yes, I do understand your point... It is true not all coin/token will be on the rise... But if you believe in a project, I see no reason why you should sell off so soon just because you've gotten some percent gain out of it. Just take a look at EOS, EOS is like land whereby having it alone pays... Some other projects are like that.
BTCmasterVM

Activity: 432

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:45:36 PM

Hold costs only some coins, behind which there is a strong team and who have many updates and project improvements.
Obbeliskinsk

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:51:49 PM

Well tell that to Satoshi Nakamoto, the first true hodler
tri lie

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:53:21 PM

Keeping the investment you have when the price of crypto is down, will give you a big chance to get a lot of results. This method is your step in saving your investment from a loss. You will not lose your investment amount in the least, but you can get a far greater amount of your investment development.
Samaaliu

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:56:02 PM

You are quite right. What actually makes a market is buying and selling activities. I don't think everybody holding a coin is necessary. Some just have to at least trade for the coin to remain valuable.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:56:07 PM

Hodling can actually get you somewhere if you are a long-term investor. Some people may not have too much time to do crypto fully so they tend buy and hodl till some years or till they realize their investment is ripe to be plucked.
Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:57:32 PM

Passive hodling for years is a stupidity. You investment should at least yield you yearly. The value of amount depreciates with time. Hodling can be for months or a couple of years in bad times but not more than that if you really want the profit. The market is not how it was like in the early years of bitcoin.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 11:57:38 PM

Holding forever will get you nowhere! There is a time that we must learn to let go. Why invest in something if you will
not savor its fruits? Holding too long even if prices have went on a high becomes greed. Wanting more and more even if you already have so much! This is where many people fail but still refuses to learn from.

mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:59:19 PM

Holding without knowledge will only make you lose money! When deciding to hold tokens or altcoins, you need the knowledge and ability to analyze indicators as well as the market to make the right decision to invest or sell cryptos. At the present time, when the exchange rate falls, investing in cryptos is an accurate decision.
xdboys1

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:11:57 AM

Don't be sarcastic, if you know that you buyed wrong coin then sell it immidiatley, if you see that it will not raise the price then stop hodl and buy a new coin, move on and dont blame anyone and dont ruin the brain of other traders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: