Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:43:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6188 times)
Maks.fadeev1978

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:04:33 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
I'm very sad to say that but you're right. Most of ICO don't support their tokens, part of them just scam. Unfortunately prices for 90% of all ICO go down, after ICO and usually they never come back to ICO price. When I'm looking to the telegram group I see a lot of messages like "when binance" and something and that's really annoying.

Cilorku

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:24:10 AM

It all depends on personal preferences. For me, holding is the best choice because dealing with cryptocurrency involves most of the luck and you might want to play it safe by just holding it.
Also note that good coins always reach out for promotion and through that, they bring more buyers into project goals.
gempil

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:51:30 AM

Withholding does not always give bad results. If you really can choose the right coin for you to hold, I think you can get big results far from your expectations. Because each coin has a different level of ability because the team behind their development is also different. The better the coin rank you hold, the greater your chances of getting satisfactory results.
MortonAlden

Activity: 192

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:48:41 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Lol how are you so sure bud. I have been using coins including Paragon, Stellar and Cardano and trust me they are so great I can not stop using them at all. I am holding since a long time and they will rise soon.
HaddenChapman

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:02:14 PM

What is wrong with HODL? Kindly explain me because I do not see any problem. It is a good way to store coins that you see rising very soon, like TAU, POWR and WAN. These shall take time to rise so let’s hold.
tronghoa

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:04:55 PM

Sometime, holding could be better, but I think we need to trade to made profits. It will be better to leave your coin at a safe place for eternity.
franklinrichards

Activity: 239
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:13:44 PM

The current decline in market prices has indeed been going on for quite a long time. I know, holding investment coins or tokens, may not be a decision that can give me a guarantee to get satisfactory results. But, as far as I know, there are some coins that are worth fighting for, because he has a bright future with the population he has, and I'm in that position. So, I don't mind if I have to wait for it.
Fantastickarl

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:01:06 PM

You have a  solid point on the comment you made. One should always know when to hold and when to sell. Before investing, one should have a background information on the choice of coin and you also need to be strategic in your investments.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:03:22 PM

Say anything, but I think that this is simply not to be learned from people, because there are people like me. I'd rather lose everything, but I will not take away those crumbs that resulted from all this crash of the market.
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:06:53 PM

Hodl strategy makes my friend crazy about potential unrealised profit. Just imagine he has bought eth for 300$, hodl till 1400$ and back to 285 ( current price) he still holds. Can't believe! I bet he will sell once eth will hit 500$ next time and then will regret about whole crypto world

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
traisaigon261

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:10:23 PM

Hodling means not selling at lower price, because market goes down and up, but if the project is good you shouldn't be afraid of price decline
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:28:56 PM

So literally we should buy more and hope that the price rises. It does make sense tho as general economics, the more the demand the higher the price, the more the supply the reverse.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
infinity33

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:12:30 AM

When ever your hodling a good coin you don't need to fear all you need to do is just cool down and give it a period of time it might take time before it go high so for me hodling is taking me somewhere.

I don't believe that hodling coin will get you nowhere, If you are hodling a good coin, do not be afraid that it will loose in holding for long term, even the market price drops to its lowest level it will sure comeback to its high peak because the crypto market is just like that, so do not worry.
Dumlooke

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:54:42 PM

HODLing isn't your solitary choice, truly it will be your last alternative, you can really HODL and make some activity while you pause, it relies upon the coin you purchased in the event that it is extremely worth HODLing, don't squander your opportunity HODLing on a cash that isn't worth, make some examination, take a gander at the detail sheets, check if the cost is great, and keeping in mind that you're grinding away, why not make a few ventures, or look at different altcoins that you think will give you a lift.
Lilmon

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:07:11 PM

I think that people try to focus on some lame project that nobody knows about, and after all, they decide to aim for long term with them, leading that group of people to nowhere as you said, hodling is more focused on mainstream cryptocurrencies like bitcoin or ethereum, the other ones can simply tumble down in just a couple of days and loose all their value.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:10:19 PM

Actually if you are afraid of losing money you always have the alternative of holding some stable coins. Just remember you won't make any money either...
Cipoly

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:10:52 AM

I mean beyond any doubt on the off chance that you purchase increasingly the cost will go up. yet, the general population shouting hold are shouting it with the goal that you dont offer. in the event that the cost goes down and individuals begin offering the value keeps on going down. so to battle this they are shouting hold in wire
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 06:23:26 AM

If holding it just sometimes just eating don't expect large for profit that can be obtained. unless withholding is done with the aim to amounting the long enough. I think it would be more be more outcomes is high than only hold However impatient to wait.

Osayo

Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 06:24:51 AM

This is very true. I think people should reconsider their stand on hodling.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
bellaayu

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:54:02 AM

Hold it is a very good strategy. And it's already proven a lot of people are rich because they hold the coins for a long time. And like this, the market fall is very reasonable because investors have yet to return investing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: