Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:44:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6191 times)
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:56:04 AM

I would have to disagree because personally I have made the most amount of money from holding coins for a long time it is the idea of holding that gives us hope and keeps us going during a bear market like this because we know that if we hold, in the end we would end up making a lot more profit from the coins when they bull again.

huteawe

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:34:15 PM

On a few coins it appears to be thus, on the grounds that nobody is intrigued to get it. In any case, holding the coin is one approach to constrain supply to the market. Furthermore, on the off chance that you comprehend the law of accord then everything bodes well.
Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:44:06 PM

I would have to disagree because personally I have made the most amount of money from holding coins for a long time it is the idea of holding that gives us hope and keeps us going during a bear market like this because we know that if we hold, in the end we would end up making a lot more profit from the coins when they bull again.

Actually there are many people who are now become rich through holding some potential coins. For me this well really end up with a huge of money to earn if we choose some potential coins to hold on, and always control emotions and extend patient to wait till bull market strikes again.
IGP50

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:47:38 PM

At first, I was use to selling every coin i get and i realized it was doing me bad more than good. Devising the strategy of hodling, there are a lot i have gotten and will always like to hodl no matter what happens unless i am financially broke.
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:24:12 AM

If you hold the Altcoins, you have to hold it from the bottom.
If you hold the Altcoins at the top, it's the same. LOL

You also have to dare StopLoss when the Altcoins you buy have dropped 10%.
olivia jane567

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 12:55:12 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
You have a point mate. If there are no transactions, prices of token will find it self difficult to rise. It is good we do some transactions sometime. But my policies always is, I don't sell all immediately after I receive or sell or even when price is up. I always hold when tokens are given to me, and when prices go up, I sell 50% of them.
drants

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:58:15 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

well, generally it depends. it's clear if everybody holds there will be no chance of any change whatsoever, but sometimes holding helps

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:00:15 PM

I do not agree with this, but I also think that only the Hold will obviously not be able to help to earn a lot, because now the market has changed and those opportunities that were given earlier can not bring much money.
lawalganiyu

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 02:24:39 PM

Holding will get you nowhere?  That is a big lie differ from true holding for long or holding for little time that doesn't mean you will loss or gain. Cause you can hold for a while and sell after then and you can still gain and you can hold and sell after and get loss holding for a while and gain depend on market issue. By the time you feel like selling your token after holding firstly confirm on how market price speak
ladaturekova

Activity: 183
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:47:53 AM

I think this idea is actual in accordasnce to the current trends of the cryptocurrency market but I am sure that everything will be changed later and holding will be so popular again.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:58:35 PM

Investing in choice efforts is not as well ecocnomic. A short-term angle concern about humanity and this is a issue. If you capture choice efforts and position in in them, so, in the far scud, you inclination be able to be entitled to more.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:16:04 PM

On a declining market holding will get you nowhere but if you are confident  in your coins it is still an option. You can trade with your coins as well but it has even bigger risks if you are not experienced enough.

cryp2poseidon

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:32:43 PM

Hodling is a passive investment strategy and most effective way to gain profit. But, it depends upon the coins what you’re hodling and should know when to exit. I am not concerned of the bear market as of this moment because this hodling strategy made me rich.  Smiley
richardeames

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:52:52 PM

Good point. Crypto fundamental structure is very weak because still on its infancy and its tiny marketcap size. The price is heavily depended on S&D not the actual value that crypto could provide. 
lingwistiko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:59:57 PM

Although holding seems uncertain at some point most especially when the tokens you're hodling are just a sort of garbage. But with cryptos that are already known to grow potentially, hodling is worthy and buying more of them is even required. Smiley

yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:00:14 AM

Holding can be good if it's practiced at the right time and for the right period and bad if it's done at the wrong time. If everybody holds, there won't be trade actions in exchanges, so some people have to sell their tokens to interested buyers. If you buy a coin cheap, you can afford to hold and sell at high price.
Sandeep24

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:48:11 AM

I think holding is the best opportunity to earn more on your investment. First if you have good coins then It is no matter if today ICO market is indicating in red because definitely it will give you more profit on that in future.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:56:30 AM

People whom always shout the word "Hold" are those that wants to sell their coin for a good price. Here is the curreny scenario in telegram, Bounty hunters always shout the word, when bounty distribution? They say that when token sale is running. After they get the tokens, they will ask when exchange or when lambo? Because of them don't want to hold rather they want to sell the tokens on exchange.
rebeccagreen

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:17:04 AM

Holding will benefit you for as long as you know the technique to which you can utilize and may double the amount of profit it by sensing the right timing when it going to trade or not and seizing the opportunity while the value of bitcoin is high so that you will earn more rather than losing it.
jjeeppeerrxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:49:42 AM

We all have different stories based on our activities, some of us are gaining profits because of holding for long time and some are also losing their investments because of doing so. It relies on how good the project you have trusted in especially the holders, it is important to know the projects future demands and usage.

I'm on a 50/50 percentage of trusting ICO Projects because most of the updates are hype just to get the attention of investors or people but the reality they can not hold to their promises and some are good projects but it is really hard to identify since all the contents they are sharing daily are good reads and could make everyone excited to invest with.

The topic title is Hodling will get you nowhere - I believed holding is for fortune maker, patience is a must for me though I am not sure about the tokens I am holding right now but for me it's a do or die either its a Fortune or Misfortune on my part but as long as there are updates from the developers it's worth a hold. We don't really know which one will hit the dance floor or will get to the moon just like the Bitcoin before which has little to no value but after couple of years look at it now!

Just saying!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: