Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:42:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6188 times)
Godsinocool

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 12:38:26 PM

Somehow I disagree with your opinion. Now, just imagine that we all sell and run out of the market, what will happen to the price? It will definitely crash. Secondly, due to the anticipated bullish move, I suggest we still sustain the habit of holding for now. Selling at loss is not an option at all.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:55:57 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

Many peoples want to make quick profits from their investment. I am agree that price determined by sell and buy but if many peoples hold their coin, circulating supply in market will reduced and people hope with limited supply in market, price will rising

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
active706

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:01:37 PM

Yes, it`s true. More profit make day trading and holding together, but if you don`t know how to trade - it`s very risky for you. If you have skills and a lot of money to trade - it`s a nice option, but if you a newbie you should hold and get experience.
nthere

Activity: 229
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:36:04 PM

Possibly wrong. The thing is finding the next coin which will hit the moon. This is the perfect time to collect as much as you can. In bull market, basically, you can't. You need to do that investment now.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:27:18 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Absolutely agree with you. HODL strategy did not justify itself, all hodlers lost their money, even hodlers of big cryptocurrencies as Bitcoin, Ethereum. IMHO it is better to trade in short period of time, just take profit and forgot about asset.
LEMbo

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

I dont think you understand how hodling effects supply/demand.
teeshe

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 05:50:17 PM

You may have a point though but it depends on the strategy the HODler is using , especially if it is long term  (2 - 3 Years at least), then there is absolutely no cause for concern. The key thing is to ensure to HODL tokens of viable projects that will deliver on their roadmap.
CryptoXis

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:01:19 PM

But HODL works for the major coins which are already in the circulation and has got heavy prices. For such coins the HODL stagey works because they are at the stage where they need to save their asses from dropped market capitalism. Thats the idea behind it. If most of the people would have been selling all the time then the day would never come when prices will be higher than the normal rates. For sure it is the formula behind the success of HODL. The more you hodl the more it will be stronger day by day.

That’s the nature of HODL! Due to high demands price increases because of limited supply. It’s also depends on the development of the project on their said roadmap to be followed accordingly. Price will increase again and many investors will flock and liquidity comes in.
Cryppy_guyL

Activity: 325

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:08:24 PM

I believe that everyone has their own opinion on this and each has its own strategy. If you think that it is best to trade, then trade, if you think that it is better to hold, then hold. There is no single option that is better or worse, a lot of them. Do what you think is right.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:35:44 PM

Many peoples want to make quick profits from their investment. I am agree that price determined by sell and buy but if many peoples hold their coin, circulating supply in market will reduced and people hope with limited supply in market, price will rising

Everyone is hoping the best crypto is Bitcoin that will be a storage asset like gold, if everyone thinks so, it makes them hold Bitcoin and the need for Bitcoin boosts the value of Bitcoin. I think it's only true for Bitcoin but it's not appropriate to hold all the altcoin. Many people just advise people not to hold a reason, which causes them to lose money and regret their decision
vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:44:44 PM

I've usually thought about keeping which technique works personally rather than stressing daily as well as asking yourself in the event that marketplace increases these days. Keeping really give a much better possibility of attaining revenue as well as in some way provides you with time for you to re-think in your technique. Although this particular functions personally, it might not really work with other people. Nevertheless, we don’t observe something incorrect within holding, it really is less dangerous compared to buying and selling.
Mix_Fix

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:49:34 PM

The main problems is that people want fast profit and don't want to wait. Project that have great plans and even large developers team can't create something large during 2-6 months... I think that normal situation when 2-3 years team needs for development and marketing...
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 07:55:31 PM

It is as if people have over exerggerated this hodling of a thing. Even when there is an opportunity to trade or sell and buy back at a much lower price, they won't but rather continue hodling.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:57:18 PM

Yes, not for every coin suitable holding. You have to determine for themselves what coin to keep, and which is better to sell immediately after it comes out on the stock exchange. Many people have earned a fortune by holding their coins and therefore cannot be called a hold bad strategy.

liam111

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:00:48 PM

I hold some ark coins from their tokensale and now i recieve more than 1200% to my 200$ investments. So hold strategy is the best strategy!
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:50:56 PM

Holding sometimes helps to get a good profit, so sometimes it works. Bitcoin confirms this. So it is necessary to study the coins that you hold.
Corelianer

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:28:53 PM

Most of the current ICO's are scammers. You have to be very careful. They collect money and no longer pay attention to the development of the coin. These should not be kept in the long term.
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:31:40 AM

No, this thing is not true; HODL is one of the best ways that can be a newbie or beginner do here inc ryptocurrency. Through this they will be no longer do some efforts, the money will work for their future.
Lareina

Activity: 430

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:39:03 AM

In my opinion, a successful ICO project is only the first step, no matter how the price of the token changes, if the project team fails to achieve the goal later on, they will fall. Only real development and technological progress can drive prices up.
ladaturekova

Activity: 183
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:15:13 AM

There is a part of true, because holding is very unreliable in the case of changing prices, there could be big losses if the most suitable moment for selling will be missed.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: