Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:16:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6186 times)
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:51:25 PM

This is one of today's theories that are worse and worse affecting your well-being with regard to the financial system, I am sure that such actions as now very strongly beat you over your reserves that you hold
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Floder1

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:46:48 PM

Strategic trading is good, but in general your topic is false. You may sell a token today and you will buy it at an expensive price tomorrow. Not all tokens are not worth hodling.
miraxgr

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:01:30 PM

That's what you're saying. And I probably even agree with them. You're right that you need to change the strategy to trade, while trying to catch your profit by the tail. But still, if you analyze the experience of past years, it is very likely that some coin still shows excellent results for a long period of time, and this of course takes time.
Riki31

Activity: 333
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:06:24 PM

There are coins that can be trade and be holded as well. Such coins that are kept on their special wallet may give you the second Token that is often called gas Token. For example, I know such coins - NEO and VET.
lazy effort

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:19:54 PM

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.
You have to divide between useless shitcoins only created for doing an ICO on the one side and the good coins which will stay, like Bitcoin, Ethereum oder Litecoin and so on the other side. Market is working like this and it's good to weed out the weak shitcoins.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!
Depends on your coins you HODL. If you HODL important coins, like Bitcoin, look at the graphs and it's likely the price will be well above later.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
If you have an important coin it's for sure an option to buy more cheap coins new.
Bitmore

Activity: 413

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:22:39 PM

I don't believe that holding will lead to anything. In my opinion, this is one of the best ways to earn money. You look at whales are very rich and successful investors. I don't like them but they can make money. And in my opinion the majority of whales are engaged in holding.

[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:51:16 PM

Holding I'd a good strategy for those who bought at very low price but for those who bought recently it is not a good strategy. It is better to cutloss if you are not sure whether you bought at a high price or low price. Better check the chart to make sure you won't get caught on the tides.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:51:19 PM

If you are holding shitcoins holding will get you nowhere  as you can lose your investment on a bearish market lasting for several years.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:55:56 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
It does depend on the crypto that you are holding. Not all the time same thing would happen on every crypto but as what have been proven on many cryptos, holding WILL bring you somewhere. Best example is on ethereum and bitcoin last year wherein sudden increase took place which resulted to huge profit for thos who held. At this moment, the market is indeed on a bad situation but once recovery again happen, profit will again be earned by those who are patient.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
PaduabAz

Activity: 125

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:26:17 AM

This will depend upon the coin itself I think. Each coin has unmistakable regard and rate after the ICO closes. Some respect hold and some respect offer instantly. It will really depend upon the coin in case it is imperative or not for long holding. Regardless, I try to hold my coin around then in light of the fact that the rate is close to nothing and I trust eventually it will be higher.
ObsidianCharlie

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:29:05 AM

At this point I'm enjoying watching my portfolio value go down so I can finally buy a little more once we've hit the bottom.

localcrypto

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:41:21 AM

Holding is good when we sell the coins when ever we have profit if we keep holding the coins then we should be holding for life and see loss in front of our eyes
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:47:09 AM

What do you want to see in a falling market? While the crypto-currency market will decline, many even good coins will not grow in price and only occasionally you will see that some coin made a couple of x's.

Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:17:46 PM

yes that is true holding bad coins dose not take us any where.but if we hold coins with good demand price will go up without any problem.i am interested to know what are the strategic trade choices you recommend ?
Genosx

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:17:36 PM

Holding is one of the best way to earn money and it gives you income really and it is not will get you with nonsense thing, through holding you can obtained income at most convenient way.
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:35:34 PM

Yes, if you are holding coins that have no prospects - this is most of those coins that are now on the market. In this case, the rule does not work - keep the coin in your wallet, and it is sure to grow in price. It doesn't work that way, unfortunately.
$9million

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:43:33 PM

I Purely disagree with you. You don't know what you are talking about that holding will get you nowhere.  Holding cryptocurrency is one of the wisest and great risk as well as a wonderful opportunity you will get to earn more profits later in the future.  Holding is a great decision you will ever make in cryptocurrency.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:47:28 PM

Perhaps I should agree with this, because now the Hold has led me to sell tokens and coins for very cheap prices, but I will not do it, for many reasons, you understand? It was supposed to bring me money, but it did not, but the crypto-currencies died, everything is ahead.
donskova29

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:57:09 PM

holding gives you an opportunity to earn high profit, and the demand that you are talking about will come when the project itself has a latest updates or plan that will make the price increase due to its demand.
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 07:00:13 PM

Well, his own opinion versus the hodler's opinion. For one you cannot force people what to do with their investments much less meddle with their investment strategies. Many are hodling and that is how they do it. Don't shove your strategies to their throats hence you give them vital information like how to use their investments well. That can help and not just telling them not to hold.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███████████████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: