Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:55:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6194 times)
Sanderion

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:47:19 PM

hodling is the only options for traders and also investors if their holding altcoins is dump. its not actually getting you nowhere if you hold an altcoin, its just having an opportunity to sell at a higher value.

Most altcoins are useless and have no value. But you shouldn't talk about all of the projects. No one knew 3 years ago that Ethereum would grow a thousand times. Those people who held ETH are now rich. And now one or more of the altcoins can be a real breakthrough in the industry and bring their investors more profit.

Silverstar

Activity: 426
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:54:24 PM

Hold it like a roulette game - you can lose most of the profits, but also you can significantly increase your profit .. so whether to hold or not is your decision .. whether it is right or not, only time will show..

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
aliba

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:59:07 PM

this is something we really have to do for now because there are so many bounty or ico programs that continue to emerge by putting forward the project system they are launching.
balamirhkn

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:05:42 PM

Hodl is made for long term investment.forget after you got it.but stoploss is a good choice,buyers always use it.sometimes hodl is good ,sometimes stoploss is good
Andrasreti

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:13:48 PM

Yes, holding is getting you no where. Your just deceiving yourself. Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.sell what should be waves and keep the rest.
Obolo

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 08:21:07 PM

Some coins are not worth holding but others are very good focal point to hold. There are some altcoins which when you hold for some time will fetch you enough money when the crypto market recovers. Im saying this because, there are some altcoins even though the market is not favourable, trust me it is doing well. So drawing conclusion that holding will get you nowhere does not sound good to me simply because, some altcoins are doing well in this bearish market.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
$9million

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:23:38 PM

I disagree with that. Holding is the best and wisest option you will ever do for now especially this time when the prices are low. Holding is very critical during this time because it help you generate more profits.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:26:57 PM

A time may come when holding on to altcoins will be profitable but just as the case with this year, holding has been the worst decision ever made. I've watched as many of my coins lost more than 80% of their value which if I had engaged them trading, who knows I would still have made profit or probably not at such huge loss.
muddy waters

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:31:39 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Most ICOs did very poorly this summer either. Tokens of the projects that were hyped by all the existing social media are traded now at like 30-10% of the initial value. That's actually why Eth has gone so much down - everybody have lost their confidence in all these constantly repeating ideas..

Kovanyy89

Activity: 173

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:50:38 PM

I think everyone chooses their strategy by themselves. If many people on this forum say that their strategy is holding it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else will do the same. There are also many people who trade, it's obvious.

baribori45

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:54:08 PM

This is more than false, i have been holding Ethereum since it was less than forty bucks each one of them, so, tell me that i does not work, because i made a lot of money out of it
HerreraMJ

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Hodling is okay, as long as you don't blame the market for your losses, that is a path you are choosing, in which you don't have control over how much you earn or loose.

P H I L A N T H O R  ▾  Revolutionising the Philanthropy World  ▾  https://www.philanthor.com/
dommerty

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:59:58 PM

On the one hand you are right, hodl strategy wasn't profitable during last half a year, but if you look at 5-7 years perspective, you will realise that only with hodl strategy you can catch big movement
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:02:34 PM

Some people don't know how to trade what will be their gain selling at a loose, do you want them to sell and start where all can be lost if care isn't taken.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Adebits

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:41:38 PM

I disagree with this, holdling is a good concept but just know what to holdl and when to holdl
comforteagle23

Activity: 218

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:00:47 PM

Even if the giants are losing ground, to say nothing about the new projects that have not even had time to prove itself.
Bearks71

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:23:18 AM

if you concentrate to the words of others and always make investments because of burning speak and following the decisions of different buyers then you will no longer get effects out of your funding. perhaps you'll fall too deep.
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:37:02 AM

The market of cryptocurrencies is quite a new market, and it is too early to talk about the stability of currencies. Market fluctuations happen all the time. For cryptocurrencies to become widespread, their prices must be stable, but it will take a long time. This allows users to make confident day-to-day transactions. The introduction of stable cryptocurrencies would allow users not to worry about how to make a purchase at a more favorable rate, as it could happen with volatile coins. Leave it to the traders. Ambitious projects that develop stable cryptocurrencies will lead us to a world where you can pay with cryptocurrency for coffee, lunch or a cocktail at the bar.
In the future, I think there will be a lot of cryptocurrencies with the established rate, but now there is simply no.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:40:17 AM

That's not true, Hodling has brought m to very different places I never thought I'll be. Holding cryptocurrency till maturity or till when they ate properly priced by the market is your sure way to success financially!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
QMC

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:33:06 AM

thanks , that was so helpful .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: