Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6186 times)
Superturacoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:57:44 AM

HODL is the best way to make a profit if you are working with long-term investments.
This is not accurate. In my opinion, buying low and selling high is always the most effective way to get profits. Long term holding does not yield the best returns.

It depends upon, there's a lot of opportunities here in crypto but the common thing is to hodl which I know it's more gaining when market will explode also. If we're willing to stay then probably possibilities may undergo.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
margaret22

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:08:11 PM

These ICOs should attract new investors, rather than expecting from hodlers to buy even more token. That is a more probable way of increasing the demand IMO.

DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:27:17 PM

yes you are right to hold the assets that you have you will not be able to go anywhere and cannot buy other coins because your capital is stuck in one coin but at least you can avoid any losses and your trading capital can be safe.

Obviously, not all coins are good for hodling. Most of coins are not worth of buying at all. The key to success is to hodl some nice crypto, like ETH, LTC, or BTC (it's the safest pick as for me).
Hodling is a nice strategy for those, who can not spend enough time and resources to become an experienced trader.
prikitiw

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:34:27 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
It depends on the coins you hold, I usually choose to hold them off no matter how to pump and dispose of what happens along the way whether the crypto market is in crisis or recovering. When you throw your coins too fast, you will never have the opportunity to get more and higher.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:49:38 PM

yes you are right to hold the assets that you have you will not be able to go anywhere and cannot buy other coins because your capital is stuck in one coin but at least you can avoid any losses and your trading capital can be safe.

Obviously, not all coins are good for hodling. Most of coins are not worth of buying at all. The key to success is to hodl some nice crypto, like ETH, LTC, or BTC (it's the safest pick as for me).
Hodling is a nice strategy for those, who can not spend enough time and resources to become an experienced trader.
Some coins are really meant for trading, these are the projects that may not have a product yet have ideas or good on hype and promotion.

krazyphrick
Copper Member

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:45:33 PM

Holding it is an excellent tool for preserving its altcoins in the current times of the crypto-currency market. Every trader wants to sell his coins more expensively.
Gasolindance

Activity: 280

yamzu

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:07:04 PM

So many people say about hold. But it depend you when you should to sell out and stop holding. Many people don't understand this and waiting for miracle.

Soundy
Copper Member

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:17:10 PM

You are saying the truth but not everyone understands how to trade strategically, there are chances of losing more when you want to trade the coin or token to increase what you have, so at times HODling is more secure.

Kratos456

Activity: 364

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:23:18 PM

So many people say about hold. But it depend you when you should to sell out and stop holding. Many people don't understand this and waiting for miracle.
I agree with you, we must be able to sell at the maximum price, otherwise we will not receive any income. That I know people who did not sell tokens when they were at the peak and now incur losses.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:27:43 PM

Cannot really agree with you on this one fully. You see, HODLing was a real thing (and still is) but the thing is that a lot of people bought their bags around November-December and 'cause of that there is a possibility that the people will never get their money back (if the market never recovers).

On the other hand, people who bought their investments before 2017 are still strongly in profit and probably will make some sick gains in the future also.

Also, the HODL meme got really widely distributed thanks to Reddit. It was even strongly posted when we had a real clear sign that now is the time to sell (mid. January).

Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 07:35:58 PM

HODLing does not mean that you never sell a coin, leaving a dowry to your family generations. That means that you don’t cash out immediately, don’t panic and take a logical decisions to sell it when you feel it’s the right time. Why would it be a bad strategy?

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
kfor01

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:42:21 PM

I still find it very useful strategy if I don't want to lose money. I prefer to hodl until it becomes profitable to trade it later to gain more capital.
SashaVeg

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:44:07 PM

I think that you need to wait for the slightest recovery and just throw everything off. Because it makes no sense to wait and hold. I think that there will be no growth.
cryptoSchultz18

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 07:44:20 PM

I think I have to agree with you on this since holding has been the tool in the past, not for the future.

To make real money, people need to actively invest, trade and mine different coins simultaneously.

It's not an easy task though, since lots of sophisticated math, calculations and statistics is involved.

So make some good money out of the crypto business, a decent amount computational power needs to be involved to get the things done (make correct calculations).

Luckily, distributed computing is getting into this, so ordinary people without specific technical knowledge can enjoy the benefits of the market (although a solid investment needs to be made).  Roll Eyes

Good luck with HODling!
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:04:05 PM

It is not everybody that can make strategic trade choices. I think you only buy and hold coins that you believe is good enough, so why would you sell at a loss because the price is low, don't forget that it is the would market that is involved. The best thing to do when the prices of your altcoins are low (especially lower than the price you bought) is to hold.

sanacaks

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 08:08:26 PM

We need to consider that we need long term investments and short term investments. If nothing is happening on project development side of your coin sometimes its best chose to sell your coin with a affordable damage to your funds. First thing is not to lost your main capital.Moreover get the short time gains, none of the coins are rising continuously you may buy it again with a cheaper prize.

SOVREN  ─────  Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.
Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets
          [  https://sovren.app/  ]
salad daging

Activity: 1638
Merit: 796

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 08:24:12 PM

It is not everybody that can make strategic trade choices. I think you only buy and hold coins that you believe is good enough, so why would you sell at a loss because the price is low, don't forget that it is the would market that is involved. The best thing to do when the prices of your altcoins are low (especially lower than the price you bought) is to hold.
it should be like that but there are many factors that influence a person to sell the coins they have even though the price is cheap or maybe they want to change with other coins they think are better but are hindered by a lack of capital and they have to sell coins they have to buy coins they want

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mizamuneerashine

Activity: 364

jarvis.exchange

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:35:51 PM

I guess it depends on the coins of what you are holding. I made good profit before because I hodl my XRP and Eth.  Then I started  to explore another coins  and applied same principle hodling, unfortunately it does not go that way and I missed to sell it came back to ICO price . From then, I learned to set a target price and be contented.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:40:48 PM

When other option is to sell in this market, extremely underpriced, what else can you do than hodl? And ofc buy some more  Smiley
CoinCowgirl

Activity: 277

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:43:40 PM

That is your opinion. I have learned from the past. When i have know than what i know now, i was rich already. I learned that patience is the key!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: