Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6188 times)
cryptograce

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:44:52 PM

Gone are the days when I hodl, simply because the coin is being hyped. Whenever I get a good opportunity to sell, I sell.
This market is so unpredictable.

Lydian Lion
 Rewards for Everyday Activities
http://www.lydian-lion.com
Inikoo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:05:45 PM

Hodl the coin is still better, than selling, and the prices usually decrease, because too many people want to take the profit, and get out.

arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:28:17 PM

It all depends on what you are holding. If the coin you are holding is Bitcoin, it is fine because it will surely bounce back later on. I don't agree that by selling,  you can produce a demand. As long as there is no real development in the project the demand will never kick in.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:53:09 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
Lol you’re saying the truth man, Hodling is getting us to no where. I don’t know why people keep on advising others to hold while they can take part in other activities and make good amount of money.Hodl is just like a way to make extra gains if you’re lucky.

The price of Bitcoin does not pump at every time, there are times it remain low and this year it might never go up and will just remain stable. Although I have seen a lot of people predict that price will rise, but I know it’s all fake.
gorokill

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:12:04 AM

I do not agree, many are rich because they hold coins. If everyone in the world holds a coin, it certainly won't change anything, but what happens in the crypto market always fluctuates due to market demand, the market will continue to fluctuate because the market is visited by buyers and sellers every day.
bluedeng

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 10:21:52 AM

Holding is really not the only strategy, this is a trading market, then the most important skill we need to learn is trading. Only transactions can let us know the risks of this market and understand how to make money. Unless you have a lot of money, you can take some of it as a long-term investment, otherwise don't easily hodl

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:25:06 AM

I agree  with your opinion the growth of the token and it's price does not depends on hodling alone, there are so many factors like the platform and the roadmap if it is relevant to the community, and it adds value to the ecosystem of cryptocurrency, hodling will get us nowhere if the team behind the coins is not doing anything.
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 10:32:24 AM

Holding is really not the only strategy, this is a trading market, then the most important skill we need to learn is trading. Only transactions can let us know the risks of this market and understand how to make money. Unless you have a lot of money, you can take some of it as a long-term investment, otherwise don't easily hodl

You are right when you make some profits it is the most ideal strategy to lock your profits and sell when you feel that you have made enough profit with the trade.

mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:45:49 AM

If you hold a potential tokens which is very popular in ICO time then i can tell you that holding can make you have a big profit in the future. Does not mean that if you hold or others also hold that project will be failed. Its all depends on how the marketing done well by the team or how they manage their project just to become huge in the market.
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:49:13 AM

For sure holding any coin or token now is useless because i have lost a lot in cost of holding believing the price will do better than what i saw but to my greatest surprise the price is nothing to write home about as it stands now.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 10:56:23 AM

You are largely right, but because the holders of the token are a lot of bautistas. The current state of the market forces projects to extend the campaign and the results of work that can last a year, you get tokens that are worth a penny. In this situation, keep the tokens and wait for the price to rise the most reasonable solution.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
criket

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:01:23 AM

For sure holding any coin or token now is useless because i have lost a lot in cost of holding believing the price will do better than what i saw but to my greatest surprise the price is nothing to write home about as it stands now.
you hold assets without research and plan. You must make a plan for how long and how much you sell the assets you have. if you only hold assets without a plan I think you will definitely lose your money. in this situation there are types of people who like to hold assets, there are also those who prefer to trade their assets to minimize losses, but that all requires expertise in trading to make a profit.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:06:17 AM

If you choose good projects and invest in them then in the long run, you will be able to earn more. Be careful about investing in bad projects it's risky. Don't be confused brother just make sure you make your  research well on the project before deciding to dump or hold, with this you'd have lesser problems. I believe that coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum and NEO are the best for hold and hold will bring much more than regular trading.
wolffy0216

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:35:48 AM

If you choose good projects and invest in them then in the long run, you will be able to earn more. Be careful about investing in bad projects it's risky. Don't be confused brother just make sure you make your  research well on the project before deciding to dump or hold, with this you'd have lesser problems. I believe that coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum and NEO are the best for hold and hold will bring much more than regular trading.

Yes, this 3 coins will give us huge profit and really have huge potentials of becoming more popular and gaining more supports from the investors, I will also plan to buy more soon.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
goodday886

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:43:57 AM

i am a bounty hunter. i invest in encryption or choose a bounty event. i will choose some projects that I believe. i will always hold them, even if they are falling. Because i believe in them.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:52:06 AM

Why need to listen to those troll in telegram?Holding is deserving to those coin that has good potential and those reliable and original..

But for me these days are not for ico coins holding,instead dumping is what these coins need for us to gain.

Those top 10 coins in the chart are applicable to this strategy,and ofcourse bitcoin is the best for this one
Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:02:28 PM

Holding is a very nice way to invest, but someone need to sell for someone to buy and with that the price keep to going high or coming down if everyone hold definitely the is no demand and supply and the project will remain dormant.

Still holding is still good cos not every one will hold and not everyone will do day trading, so the two have to work in and out to balance the equation. No matter how dip an ico go to what it was at ico price once it is a good project and people adopt using it then it will surely boom one day .
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:05:36 PM

Long retention of coins will bring us much more profit than short-term trading. The most important thing is to choose projects for investment. Popular projects in the future will be very expensive.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
khalifa25

Activity: 242

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:05:57 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

I think what your referring to are coins that doesn't have real product or services that go with it. Coins that is being utilized as a currency to buy or use products or services increases price as the project develops in the future. This is where hodling becomes an advantage.
anwar98

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:10:04 PM

And I would tell you that it depends on a coin that you are holding..
I am a bounty hunter so every altcoins that I am holding since last year were all earned through participating signature and other types of bounty campaigns but I choose to hold them no matter how the pumping and dumping is going on along the way whether the crypto market is in crisis or recovering.
What I know that is my crypto assets were increasing in price value and it's because I am holding.
When you dump your coins too soon, you'll never have  the chance to earn more and higher.
I agree with you. Even though we are bounty hunter and get paid from campaign we don't have to sell fast. Because we become bounty hunter want to get more results. Only by holding the coin we have can get more results.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: