Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:44:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6188 times)
lihaidong198871

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

For sure holding any coin or token now is useless because i have lost a lot in cost of holding believing the price will do better than what i saw but to my greatest surprise the price is nothing to write home about as it stands now.

That's it, many people always advise each other that the price is too cheap and it can not be reduced again, and what they receive always makes them feel disappointed, a lot of altcoin on coinmarketcap has not continued to play. So, why do we have to continue to hold them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LieTOme

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:36:29 PM

Hold only good coins, don't hold shitcoins. If you don't sure that coin will go to the moon, don't hold it, sell it if price falling.
In january I bought 1ST for 1$ and sell it in february for 0.7$, now price is 0.38$. I loss money, but only 30%, not 60%.
until now no one can know with certainty and the exact development of cryptocurrencies if we start to know all the risks that will be obtained, of course we will remain patient and have confidence in investing with any coin
Iykecolyno
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:47:28 PM

A little trading experience is required in this market to help manage chances, holding is good when manged properly, entry point matters and exit is should be planned equally too before entry. How long one intends to hold also matters, it is quite unfortunate that all those holdings from the beginning of this year earned huge losses while those that started put last year and exited late December gained it. Most likely those that will buy and hold now will have a better profit chance as the market is at a very low price
DelevIsak

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:50:17 PM

i am a bounty hunter. i invest in encryption or choose a bounty event. i will choose some projects that I believe. i will always hold them, even if they are falling. Because i believe in them.
Holding the coin that will pump one day is what I do. Holding is better than doing a bounty campaign.
fishycink222

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:50:21 PM

it definitely depends on what coin do you hold, if you holding some shit altcoins, then ye, it's worthless, but BTC can produce more interesting highs sometimes...
letsfly

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:54:46 PM

Hodling is an effective way to invest in crypto and the most less stress strategy in crypto market. No need to check from time to time if your coin is red or green. Just make you hodl the right coin because some coin will lose its value soon.

namlong

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:05:20 PM

Hodling is an effective way to invest in crypto and the most less stress strategy in crypto market. No need to check from time to time if your coin is red or green. Just make you hodl the right coin because some coin will lose its value soon.
Hold is the way for those who do not want to be very nervous, but you need to have promising coins for this. Everyone chooses the way that he likes.

Karasawa007

Activity: 130
Merit: 36

KUROINEKO.GD

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 01:06:36 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
It's true, usually those who don't understand crypto work, only know HODL and don't know impact and consequences if all coin holders hold the coin and are not traded. it will have very bad consequences for projects / coins / tokens going forward. because there is nothing at all the level of supply and demand in market is bankrupt

KUROINEKO.GD
samle

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:24:56 PM

indeed many think that all the coins that will be listed in Binance have a large volume so it is likely to reach the peak price, but in my opinion not all must be listed in the exchange, because the increase in coin changes can be influenced by large investors, so you must be smart in determining strategy to get a lot of profit

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:29:56 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
It is great if you are good at trading, but the most people will likely loose their funds while trading. Holding is a safer strategy which will give you a good profit if you choose the correct coins.
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:34:56 PM

Of course holding when the market drop is a good and profitable thing, I am always confident and optimistic that the future of crypto will continue to improve and the end of the year can repeat even past the highest position ever in the past year.
babaya

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:41:48 PM

Of course holding when the market drop is a good and profitable thing, I am always confident and optimistic that the future of crypto will continue to improve and the end of the year can repeat even past the highest position ever in the past year.
this is not profitable thing.but correct decision holding our asset , so its value would not decrease when we liquid our cryptocurrency asset.
belingbanged

Activity: 322
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:42:40 PM

This depends on the place you trust to hold your coin. If your coin has a level of performance that is capable of competing in crypto to maintain the existence and increase the popularity of coins in the future, then your efforts will not be in vain, even you can get a much larger amount.

Λ  M  M  U  T   |   A LOW-COST HARDWARE PLATFORM
▬▬▬  ● ●   AMMUT.NETWORK   ~
eipeng

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:48:25 PM

It's not true and i will never believe. We all know that Holding is a risk it can even get you at bottom or to the moon but it depends on the coin that your holding on maybe a top 50 crypto will worth a hold. As a bounty hunter Holding is a chance that someday it will give me a good opportunity.
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:50:24 PM

I think you're wrong. Now all cryptocurrencies have fallen because of the bear market, and I think hold will meet expectations soon.

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:47:11 PM

Hodling coins based on PoS will actually increase your wallet in terms of number of coins, provided you successfully stake blocks.

However, whether or not more coins translate to higher profit is still dependent on many factors.

Personally I stake Gridcoin (GRC) because it's a first generation crypto (BTC is slightly older) and the hash power is actually put into productive use rather than just pointless hash calculations.

Other coins like Lisk (LSK) and Neo have the ability to generate interest without even staking!
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:02:21 PM

I think you're wrong. Now all cryptocurrencies have fallen because of the bear market, and I think hold will meet expectations soon.

It can go both ways though. Of course in a time like this, hodling is the safest choice you have for your assets, much better if you can hold for a long time. Though there will be times when you'll miss a lot of chances of exiting with profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
TropicalDog17

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:55:17 PM

i am a bounty hunter. i invest in encryption or choose a bounty event. i will choose some projects that I believe. i will always hold them, even if they are falling. Because i believe in them.
The point the author is trying to make is that if everyone holds, the market will die out and we need to do something positive with our coins.
ndico

Activity: 280

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:07:49 PM

You are right but not everyone has the skill and strong mind to trade, trading cryptos requires having strong mind to control your emotions, some holding might be working for some people, the only thing I can say is hold the right coins.

cas33

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:44:13 AM
Merited by Maryshka91 (2)

It can go both ways though. Of course in a time like this, hodling is the safest choice you have for your assets, much better if you can hold for a long time. Though there will be times when you'll miss a lot of chances of exiting with profit.
I agree that the price will never rise if everyone HODls, but people are hopeful to get their profit when they hodl, we can't make them stop. What if we stop holding, sell at a loss, and then the coin moons? That's psychological. Like hoarding. I think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: