Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6186 times)
Baronggot

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:58:11 AM

Well HODLing is better than selling anyway. But with Ethereum around $200 and everything else way down from their highs, these past few months have been a giant buying opportunity.

Yes, and what the OP is saying is really contrary to what i have experienced when i hodled my crypto assets. It may took time before you can recover from your loss, but through hodling, there is always a better chance of seeing your crypto assets rise again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thundercrystal

Activity: 334
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:05:08 AM

holding will not get you nowhere. holding gives you an opportunity to earn high profit, and the demand that you are talking about will come when the project itself has a latest updates or plan that will make the price increase due to its demand.
Hodling will get you nowhere? Hodling is one of the most good opportunity for you to have a great profit because if you hold your coins or tokens there will be a huge possibility that the coins or tokens that you are holding will increase the demand so that the price of the tokens and the coins that you are holding will increase and you can gain a great profit.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:25:09 AM

holding back will not take you anywhere and will not get you anything, but is selling in a panic better than holding back?
airdropcoin

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:18:04 AM

For investment returns, you should wait patiently. This is the basic normality of investment. You have to distinguish between investment and speculation and then make choices. This is a cruel market.

darmin

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:30:31 AM

market activity will affect the existing values and it's good to give alan on the decrease and increase. But if the hold is not necessarily a problem because it is the right of the people that are holding their own. so he can do that in anticipation of the loss experienced in and even this was done by many investors big.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
guffie

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:34:08 AM

And this all depends on the quality of the coins you hold. Because not all coins have very good potential. There are a number of coins held longer, coins have decreased. Yes, you are also right that not trading coins will not change their value. Of course, you also have to trade, so you can also make a profit every day.
Teal Deer

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:38:36 AM

In part, you can agree that in the short term, the tokens of many projects will not make a profit, but rather lose in price. But if you come to this market and play for a long time, for example 3-5 years, there is a very high probability that the value of your assets will eventually be in the tens or even hundreds of times more than today's price. If you want to earn here and now, of course it is better to engage in trading, and make a profit on the pump
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 06:38:57 AM

If you have bought your coins last year some time in November or December, I would suggest to keep holding those significant coins. There is no point of selling them at a lower price. And if you believe that the market will go bullish again, hold. Otherwise, you want to leave cryprocurrency and need those money in investments outside cryptocurrency. Maybe the recovery period would last at least one year.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:59:52 AM

Hodling is a very vital thing to do and also if you hold for just holding sake the market may never recover because price increase only when the demands increase due to the fact that volatility will always be at play and the economic law of demands and supply when the demand increase the market price will also increase and that can only come when holders of such coins are able to keep trading them.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 07:08:10 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

This is a great and important information for cryptocurrency fans, what determine price in economics is the forces of demand and supply,it's only trading that stimulate increase in market prices of crypto tokens.

-VOL-

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:19:13 AM

If you have bought your coins last year some time in November or December, I would suggest to keep holding those significant coins. There is no point of selling them at a lower price. And if you believe that the market will go bullish again, hold. Otherwise, you want to leave cryprocurrency and need those money in investments outside cryptocurrency. Maybe the recovery period would last at least one year.

Sometimes it is not very good steategy to hold tokens for long and wait while they will raise in price till ico price. Maybe it is better to fix loss and go further , make money with another coin or ICO.
Regards.
robaya

Activity: 348

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:47:58 AM

And this all depends on the quality of the coins you hold. Because not all coins have very good potential. There are a number of coins held longer, coins have decreased. Yes, you are also right that not trading coins will not change their value. Of course, you also have to trade, so you can also make a profit every day.
it's a great way to get profits every day. but for the market now trading daily can it get a big profit? market movements are very slow, it will be very difficult to make a profit. for now, I prefer to keep holding the assets that I have, waiting for the market to improve again and start trading again.
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:49:48 AM

I do not agree with you. Holding does not mean that you will get a short term profit. If you are speaking about holding than show me a coin that did not made at least 200-300 percent during three years. If you are holding a coin, than you need to hold it for several years and not yell that in 2 months holding brought you nowhere.
Mabinat

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:24:34 AM

I disagree with you. Long-term investment has been made possible for many to get rich and I believe that there is such an opportunity now. just believe in cryptocurrency and keep your coins

betform [/ i] ▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
https://www.betformcoin.io/
entebah

Activity: 1543
Merit: 153

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:47:51 AM

I think if we have more funds in our wallets it would not hurt us to buy a coin and hold it until the price goes up very high, because holding a coin can be profitable for long-term investment, but if we only have and a little, I suggest trading the term short, because if you make a long-term investment with limited funds it will not take you anywhere. But everything depends on the beliefs you have.
Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:01:22 PM

I disagree with you. Long-term investment has been made possible for many to get rich and I believe that there is such an opportunity now. just believe in cryptocurrency and keep your coins
Nowadays, the more we hold, the more we lose, so do not expect too high on this market, expect moderate, from which we can wait and see the expected price will be happy. If we expect too much, it will affect our psychological burden.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
coin-hamster

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:14:37 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

you can tell this to people, who bought bitcoin in 2013-2014 (at last) and Ethereum in 2016, another exmaple from nowadays - NEO, 2017
year. How about this author ? I understand what you mean, good project will rise and bad even with HODL of everyone not, but it's
already another question to people's choice...

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
jollydart

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:18:53 PM

I hold the projects I trust if I don't see any red flags I keep holding and keep buying. I'm not good at trading so for me waiting for the long term gain is better.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:49:06 PM

I do not share the opinion that holding quality cryptocurrency will get investors no where! I have had to hold bitcoin for three years accidentally and I was well satisfied with the value  I got last year. Do your own research and hold quality coin and you will better for it!
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 04:02:17 PM

I also agree abit with what you are saying however I don't think that this is usually the case for all cryptocurrencies. I participated in some airdrops about a year + ago and when the drops came through it wasn't worth much and this was when I just came into crypto so I was HODLing and making findings. I can guarantee you that it has 100x the amount as at this moment from when I received them. Also, yes we need the market demand and supply for the market, so 💯% HODL cannot creat good value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: