Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:54:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6191 times)
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:57:51 PM

I personally think the best thing to do in this present market condition is to day trade but not everyone has the knowledge of trading so that leaves them with the decision to hold which is much easier. The issue is to find the best coins to HODL.

Correlll

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:32:09 PM

It is not true. You cannot make such a announcement, if you did not hold your coins for at least several years. If you had bought crypto at the beginning of a year and several months later cannot be patient enough, this industry is not for you  Wink
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:50:40 PM

I think that the hold is now the only correct choice in the current situation. Take for example ethereum. I am sure that many have invested in it for more than $ 500. And if you sell now, you will incur big losses. I do not see the point.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:54:47 PM

Unfortunely - this is nowadays reality and holders do not get a profit in a short time, only lose. But i am still sure that holding of currency in long   term - bring a good results.
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 10:17:11 PM

Holding is very good, if you hold the right coin. The most important thing to be patient and wait, and after a certain time the coin you hold will give you more profit than if you sell it all at once.

And how do you know that you hold the correct coin? If we are talking about Bitcoin or Ethereum, then in any case they will grow in value. And what about the rest of the coins and altcoins? How to decide which ones to sell at any price, and which ones to leave?
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:46:46 AM

If you holding with blind eyes, then yes, it will not getting you anywhere.
Holding smart is the best option to do now. You can analyze the market condition whether you must hold it or sell it in the market.
Another thing to do with your coins is, use it as a real currency. When you have btc, use it to create more awareness to other peoples.
When the others aware of btc, they will seek for btc and buy it, thus the value of btc will increase.

Lolox

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:11:52 AM

Such statements will only make you mentally down, and his enthusiasm will also decrease. If you have participated in many programs at ICO, you should have pretty good skills that you can use as a provision to make a lot of money. In the meantime, it still cannot produce good numbers, crypto capabilities are increasingly promising with the presence of many parties who have begun to support crypto technology. That will help prove the fruits of holding assets so far.

P A R A M O U N T ▬▬  DAX  ▬▬                    Digital E X C H A N G E
██ [   We have a license   ◾ F V R 0 0 0 3 6 3   ◾ F R K 0 0 0 3 0 4   ] ██
WHITEPAPER   ◥ bitcointalk   ◥ twitter   ◥ facebook      | ► JOIN NOW
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:12:22 AM

HODLing will get you to nowhere if you HODL for the rest of your life, because if you'd look at the charts from 2008 to 2018 HODLers did actually benefit, especially when BTC's price went super high in the last December of 2017, and for those who HODLed their alts in the past years I probably think that so many HODLers benefited from that huge pump.
feather7789

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:21:01 AM

holding is good strategy in crypto market, it means selling coins at high price.
bartolomeo

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:28:25 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

maybe you got the point in terms of majority member HODL their coins you see, there is other coin allocated to marketing team, dev team, hunters and so on i know that most of them are surely cant hold their coin at 100% not to mention those so-called easy cash hunters. You see you have the point if you want to make the market continue to flow it is a good thing to buy even more since the coin is somehow worth to hold to gain good profit and also help the project continue and stay alive

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:41:30 AM

Hodling will never go anywhere is true. It will just keep u bleeding non stop with the current market. So sell if you are scare or invest more if you dare.

Investing more is not the way out 100%. Yes,  the average price will go down,  but the money you've spent won't be working for a really long time.  As a result,  you lose the possible advantage.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
tisumagic

Activity: 364

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:47:30 AM

Holding is very good, if you hold the right coin. The most important thing to be patient and wait, and after a certain time the coin you hold will give you more profit than if you sell it all at once.

And how do you know that you hold the correct coin? If we are talking about Bitcoin or Ethereum, then in any case they will grow in value. And what about the rest of the coins and altcoins? How to decide which ones to sell at any price, and which ones to leave?
in my opinion we have to see the development in the market, is the volume getting bigger or even smaller, the volume is smaller then the altcoin becomes less potential, and it's better not to invest there

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:30:45 AM

I agree with you even I also said hodling is the best choice but now my mindset is also changed due to continuous bear trend If we sell now we will book loss and If we do not sell value of our coins getting dropped month by month. I would say I did not get any benefit from holding on the other hand I lost almost 70% of my portfolio value. Listing on binance can not help us unless demand is there. I also agree if everyone holds their coin that certainly not helps the market we all should buy sell that way we can help the market to boost up. Crypto community should stand up let all unite do buy sell rather than holding.

Jayenz

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:33:40 AM

Strategic trading is good, but in general your topic is false. You may sell a token today and you will buy it at an expensive price tomorrow. Not all tokens are not worth hodling.
shooleh

Activity: 616

Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:50:42 AM

The hold is a very good method to avoid losses, but it doesn't take you anywhere. And I only trade every day, so I won't panic when prices start to fall. Before the price fell I decided to sell and buy coins when the price was very low.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
anov996

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:52:42 AM

But HODL works for the main coins that area unit already within the circulation and has serious costs. For such coins the HODL theatrical works as a result of they're at the stage wherever they have to avoid wasting their asses from born market market economy. Thats the thought behind it. If most of the individuals would are merchandising all the time then the day would ne'er return once costs are going to be beyond the conventional rates. of course it's the formula behind the success of HODL. The additional you hodl the additional it'll be stronger day by day.
Belibis

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:54:11 AM

That's depending on the project that you are holding its tokens, if the project is real and the team working on it then holding its token will get a lot of benefits to you in the long-term and vice-versa.
#Bentley

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:58:36 AM

HODLing can lead to what all of you will lose or you will have a good profit. It is very difficult to tell as will be in the nearest future. So far I prefer to invest in successful projects, such as Etheera which works even at the falling market.
matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:04:43 AM

Holding is turning out to look like a less effective stratergy in cryptocurrency and the more I hold the more  have been losing. However, I am not discourage or dismay as I know what happen in cryptocurrency market is temporary situation.

Huruharacorp

Merit: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:07:51 AM

The hold is a very good method to avoid losses, but it doesn't take you anywhere. And I only trade every day, so I won't panic when prices start to fall. Before the price fell I decided to sell and buy coins when the price was very low.
of course with the way you do, will accelerate the profits obtained, provided that we do not let our guard down in the supervision of market monitoring. because it will make the assets we have down in price to the market moving down
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: