Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:05:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176978 times)
Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:48:38 AM

so does this mean my already grains are ok?

and now mining works again?

I will brb I need to know whats going on I want to mine again if its working.

plz tell me all my grains are still ok Smiley I mined them so hard I don't want them to disappear.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Galimore

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:50:56 AM

ok the PoW mining is back... if you can not sync with addnode above, you need to download this file here, please read the following before you download the file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!Mk1HzYpA!eeddQXV3DvRHNbSMLeVuLycfde8sm5mFH-qtlEgxUQA

This is a big zip file (31.7M), which contains 3 parts:
- A Blockchain directory which contains the correct blockchain.
- A file main.cpp, that contains the above code change.
- A windows qt client (grain-qt-withblock38847reject.exe), contains the above change.

If you can not sync with addnode, the first thing you should try is to replace the blockchain. This is what you do:
1. Quit qt client.
2. Go to Grain config dir. create a new directory (for example called oldchain), move the database dir, blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat files to the new dir you created, then move these files from Blockchain in the downloaded unzipped file, to config dir. This way you can always go back to your old chain if anything happens.
3. Now start your normal qt client (no need to use the downloaded one), always with the addnodes as above, you should sync and then start to mine.

Only if it is still, not working, then you need to move the blockchain to another dir (like above), and with addnode as above, and start grain-qt-withblock38847reject.exe file. Now it should sync from the scratch (will take a while to sync all).
Then you can start mine.

Let me know if anyone has issue.

Good mining  Wink

Doesn't seem to be able to sync. I replaced the three files and it says it's catching up but it's been stuck on block 39349 for 15 minutes.
bosian (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:53:18 AM

how do I add node?
in the conf file, check OP.
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:54:27 AM

ok the PoW mining is back... if you can not sync with addnode above, you need to download this file here, please read the following before you download the file:

- A windows qt client (grain-qt-withblock38847reject.exe), contains the above change.

If you can not sync with addnode, the first thing you should try is to replace the blockchain. This is what you do:
1. Quit qt client.
2. Go to Grain config dir. create a new directory (for example called oldchain), move the database dir, blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat files to the new dir you created, then move these files from Blockchain in the downloaded unzipped file, to config dir. This way you can always go back to your old chain if anything happens.
3. Now start your normal qt client (no need to use the downloaded one), always with the addnodes as above, you should sync and then start to mine.

Only if it is still, not working, then you need to move the blockchain to another dir (like above), and with addnode as above, and start grain-qt-withblock38847reject.exe file. Now it should sync from the scratch (will take a while to sync all).
Then you can start mine.

Good mining  Wink

Doesn't seem to be able to sync. I replaced the three files and it says it's catching up but it's been stuck on block 39349 for 15 minutes.

even not in sync, try to mine to see if you can mine?
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:56:23 AM

plz tell me all my grains are still ok Smiley I mined them so hard I don't want them to disappear.
nothing of the mined blocks will be lost, except maximum 3 blocks.
Galimore

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:57:05 AM

1. Quit qt client.

Then you can start mine.

Good mining  Wink

One sec. Deleted the blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat files and used the new .exe. It's syncing from scratch now and I'll try to mine when it's done.
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:57:35 AM

mine is stuck at 39858
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:59:59 AM

weird, I am at 39314 now. and I mine fine.
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:05:33 AM

at 39327 now, please don't forget to put
addnode=66.187.67.233
addnode=72.20.18.200

in your conf file.
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:09:06 AM

1. Quit qt client.

Then you can start mine.

Good mining  Wink

One sec. Deleted the blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat files and used the new .exe. It's syncing from scratch now and I'll try to mine when it's done.
hope you deleted the databse dir too (in Grain dir), in order to sync from scratch...
Galimore

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:19:36 AM

1. Quit qt client.

Then you can start mine.

Good mining  Wink

hope you deleted the databse dir too (in Grain dir), in order to sync from scratch...

I deleted the database dir too. After syncing from scratch it appears that I'm caught up, but the wallet still says I'm "out of sync" and every share that cgminer submits is stale.
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:23:53 AM

1. Quit qt client.

Then you can start mine.

Good mining  Wink

I deleted the database dir too. After syncing from scratch it appears that I'm caught up, but the wallet still says I'm "out of sync" and every share that cgminer submits is stale.

"out of sync" is fine, try to mine...

what you sync'd to? I am at 39358 now.

also did you sync from scratch with grain-qt-withblock38847reject.exe?
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:31:19 AM

looks like someone is getting some blocks? Wink
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:37:57 AM

nothing of the mined blocks will be lost, except maximum 3 blocks.

thanks bosian I will try to get it fixed now and get some hashing power back on the network! Smiley

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Galimore

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:49:14 AM

I'm at 39413 right now. Mining doesn't work though, I've solved 20+ blocks solo and every single one has been stale. They don't show up in my wallet either.
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:51:05 AM

I'm at 39413 right now. Mining doesn't work though, I've solved 20+ blocks solo and every single one has been stale. They don't show up in my wallet either.

this should be the right chain... your mined blocks are not accepted?

at 39421 now.
Galimore

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:00:35 AM

at 39421 now.

Nope, seems to be doing the same thing it was before the patch to me.
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:02:10 AM

my wallet says its ok after I added nodes, but solo mining says its finding blocks and nothing is coming.

not sure if that's what everyone else is getting but I will try to download all that other stuff.

is any1 generating good new grains? plz confirm

bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:03:04 AM

at 39421 now.

Nope, seems to be doing the same thing it was before the patch to me.

here's my screenshot of the cgminer
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:04:27 AM

my wallet says its ok after I added nodes, but solo mining says its finding blocks and nothing is coming.

not sure if that's what everyone else is getting but I will try to download all that other stuff.

is any1 generating good new grains? plz confirm

what block you are at? I am at 39449 now.

I guess someone should get the blocks, as I don't get all the blocks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: