Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:03:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTTOCOIN OLD THREAD, [CLOSED]  (Read 370471 times)
mrlotto (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:55:10 AM

Lotto has protection from getting stripmined by multipools, because we have diff retargeting on everyblock.

i am curious abt the retargetin protocol though.. not sure if it was discussed earlier.. but for example in a 24 hour period is lotto sourced to give exact amount of block rewards for example.. 10 instances of 256 lot, 10 instances of 257 lot, 10 of 258 etc?? or is it random with it being possible for all rewards to be 256 lot in 24 hour

correct, so basicly its just a random amount between 256 - 65536, and winning the lotto is random chance also.

So infact it is possible that lotto will get won more than once in a day, and other days have no winner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
C3ALL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:14:03 AM

As you wish damnation...

Holy crap was out for a new year party and the lotto page exploded as usual...

Now i saw your chart and while it shows a drop.. i believe i have seen that on pretty much every coin launch..Sad to say that despite being new to the cryptoworld (December 3rd) I have observed the launch of at least 15 coins. I don't believe real world mechanics apply when it comes to the launch of a coin in the same sense of a stocks IPO. For the simple reason that alt coins dont offer real world services. Cryptocurrencies have values based on their speculative values in the short term which should be at least (1-2 weeks) at which point we will either start to see a lack of interest in the coin and it will start to die or the coin will start depending on its established services and its long term viability will be shown in approx 2-3 months... You can correct me on this as i haven't been around long enough but i've spent days/nights tracking progress of coins and i dont think i am wrong in my observations.

Fairly indicative of where the market feels a coin will head.  Are there examples of coins launching, heading south for 48 hours and recovering to 5-10x the value in a couple of weeks?  Doubtful, and certainly not without a more organised and professional approach to ther marketing.  The constant, "lets get this on cryptsy", "lets get this on coinwarz" type posts are nothing short of pumping. Many of these people who were (and still are) pumping were spouting about 200 satoshi when this hits cryptsy.  People will have invested in this based on these pumps, and now what?  Nothing to back up those blatant ramps and the possibility of a whole bunch of new entrants to this coin that are possibly sitting on a loss thanks to the relentless and baseless pumping by a few individuals with nothing other than their own investments or interests at heart.

Anomalies like DOGE went up due to their hype and extensive marketing but i truly doubt its long term viability.. Going viral almost always has the same end.. Death... Haven't really seen the services that support Doge but it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Some of the new next generation coins might exhibit this ability due part to hype and part to perceived real world services.

The hype is exactly what people keep pumping for here - lets get on cryptsy, lets get on coinwarz, hold the coins and it will be good, etc etc. Just pump after pump.  When the mutipools hit it, the same will happen as has happened to others.

Now on the issue of premine.. can you let it pass.. its silly really..we dont complain if a company retains 51% of its shares and sells the remaining 49% to the public do we? it wasnt hidden and was clearly mentioned from the beginning.. it was 2% (300M) when the coin just started and nothing was given away... its 2 weeks later and its still 300M and they have given away around 100M.. So They've spent over 100M since its launch about 2 weeks ago and i dont believe it has stopped.. i'm sure that they are still looking for more ways to get it marketed. Or would you suggest a company blows its entire budget on the launch of a coin?? That doesn't seem sensible. There is no need for transparent accounting cos i think 200M for devs is fine.. why? you as a single trader scored 1btc plus got back your stake. sven prob sold a few million every day for 11 satoshis each.. we've all made money out of it..

When a company sells shares publicly, the accounts are also public.  Thats why as a shareholder you have a say on the running.  You get to see what decisions are being made and where the money is being "spent".  In this case we have no idea if the coins have actually been spent, or just invested, or stuck on cryptsy for a quick buck.  If the CEO of a company puts his shares up fr sale, this has to be made public.  Because just as a CEO selling shares would raise questions about confidence, so would the dev of a coin sticking tens of millions on cryptsy.  There has been no acknowlegement of this one way or the other from the "team", which speaks volumes imho.

Hell I'm hashing with 400KH/s i made about 490K on solo mining and another 500k on pool mining.. I risked LOT1 at coinbomb for 80% return on a 629k to make another 500K.. altogether i sold about 640k lot for 0.35 BTC.. why cos i am new to this and i needed to figure out cashing out options.. so do you know what i am going to do with my money earned.. Nothing. its going towards buying me a better card/s as i am moving to building a mining farm for the public (real world) before moving onto the online world. Now, was tht necessary? Nope not really... its quite literally a long winded grandfather story but pointless in the end... I had to stop mining about a week ago as i wasnt earning much since LOT went on coinedup

Now why i like LOT... wallet works.. no fork so far.. no trouble really beside ddos.. no weird errors that basically killed the experience.. were you there for the launch of Mooncoin it was a lovely.. debacle of insanity that took FUBAR to an art form... no premine.. but noone could mine for half an hour after launch but wonder of wonders somehow a ton of blocks got mined.. All pools kept dying and the difficulty jumped from 1-39 i pretty much quit after 1 hour of that.. cashed out the 200k moons at coinedup for about 0.02BTC and said goodbye.. Side note i dont believe it premined by owner.. i think multipool created the coin.. so their usual 1.5% fee on all the new blocks would have been enough to cover their fees.. personally i kinda think its an interestingly twisted way to get your premine.. Best part about the launch was seeing bitcointalk and multipool crash at the same time.. was kinda like running my card on intensity 18 and watching a movie at the same time.. 

I would say 200M is fine for their services as i am sure that hundreds of Lotters (what are we called anyway) have made thousands on trading LOT.You mention concerns about premines putting off newminers but we are reaching the point where new miners arent going to be bothered about that.. they will see that for relatively less difficulty they can earn 40 satoshis. I think quark has been heavily premined but its got a remarkable pricing... Personally i prefer.. dev tell us how much was taken and thats the end of that..

So in short, its fine for LOT to behave in exactly the same way as other coins, but people expect its value to be significantly different.  Why?   Do what you've always done, and get what you've always got is the old saying.  If there is no open bok on the premine, then it will behave exactly the same as every other alt coin with a decent premine and multipools bashing its value.  Why would it be any different if the devs arent going to behave any differently.  You honestly think that 200m, or at todays exchange rate $56,000 is a justifiable "reward" for the work done?  Crikey are some people in for a shock when they have to make it in the real world if they think returns like that are available for that much effort.   As has been said, an exact duplicate of this coin could be created for around $100.  I could personally throw $20,000 at marketing a product without even blinking, and would you believe that making a 100% return would not be excessive?   The people who can bring true value to a coin, the people with tens of thousands of dolloars/pounds/euros to throw around will see straight through a premine with no open book, and the coin will not be on their radar long term.  Thats just economic basics.

I dont mind spending some time working on communicating to make the coin better and in many ways i consider Hampuz to be the treasurer (lol) and Oldminer as the Chairman.. mrlotto is kind of the founder and thats pretty much it.. We are an active community there is no doubt of it.. we care about the coin there is no doubt on it.. but i suggest we carry these particular conversation at the official lotto forum rather than here. Cos arguing out here is kinda like having a board room negotiation/argument in front of the shareholders.. is there any wonder the prices drop.. in fact i think if we look at cryptsy we might see a correlation of when a dump takes place to when an argument was taking place in here.

All empire bulding in their own right to be honest.  Ive yet to see a single one pump anything that hasnt got their own interests at the heart of it, yet openly accuse others of just being in it for what they can get.  Its phenomenaly hyporcitical to say the least.  You think people would be pumping the lottery every other post without making around 4% of everyones loss?  Of course they are in it to make a profit, but rather than admit that, they just mock others for only being in it for what they can get (or calling them trolls) while putting on this facade that they are doing everything for the god of the coin and everyone else, nothing what so ever to do with their own personal gain.  Its laughable.

Here's a thread i created at the forum so head over there everyone/anyone if you want to suggest improvements or make a difference.
http://lottocointalk.org/index.php?topic=63.0

So I can get called a troll somewhere else too?   I think Ill pass.  I'll leave it to the pro's to take this in the right direction.

C3ALL

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:30:34 AM

So this is what getting in early is all about. Those dumping their coins are crazy, but its a great opportunity to buy.

The price now is nothing, this time next year it will be worth at 20x or more

Do you have any basis what so ever to support these statements?   Or is it just speculation?

This is the sort of factless pumping tha I am talking about.   Anyone with an ounce of common sense will see this as nothing more than a ramp by somebody with a huge vested interest.   Are you prepared to go open book on the premine and disclose exactly how much is now out of control of the team, where it has been sent, or indeed where any of it is parked for financial gain?

WIthout this sort of information, there is not a hope in hell that this will be treated any differently than any other ALT coin.  Its traded about a million dollars.  If you expect it to trade $200M, then there needs to be a lot more information out thre to investors with that kind of cash to take this seriously.

Please accept this as constructive criticism.  Pumping and shouting from the roof tops about how lotto is so great is one thing, but without any actual substance to seperate it from the crowd, its just another premined coin with devs looking to get rich quick, and the value will be reflective of that forever more unless a different aproach is taken.  All imho of course, and no doubt people share a different view.  Im happy to be proven wrong, but doubt I will.

albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:52:03 AM

haha wtf. Is this discussion still going Cheesy?
noedelx

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:58:38 AM

haha wtf. Is this discussion still going Cheesy?

yea it seems like it.. like the guy is holding lottocoin accepts lottocoin still complains 24/7 about it
no one cares yet he keeps on talking
rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:01:12 PM

The coin will run itself..I suggest thatyou and mrlotto take it to PM's. While you have some points, it seems you are the only one talking about them. You might get answers by pming mrlotto himself. People need to make up there own mind if they want to get involved in lot. Or even take the discussion to the littocointalk forums.

in fact you seem to be manipulating the coin with your statements and making people panic sell. Which just makes the big players buy them up at even lower prices
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:02:17 PM

Hey guys, how many of you know about http://faucetlottery.com/  Huh

Essentially its a LOT faucet lottery plus after you enter you may win a free voucher to use at Rapidballs.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:04:59 PM

Hey guys, how many of you know about http://faucetlottery.com/  Huh

Essentially its a LOT faucet lottery plus after you enter you get a free voucher to use at Rapidballs.

Awesome. Thanks will sign up, love rapid balls. I've won a lot there
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:07:25 PM

Hey guys, how many of you know about http://faucetlottery.com/  Huh

Essentially its a LOT faucet lottery plus after you enter you get a free voucher to use at Rapidballs.

Awesome. Thanks will sign up

No probs, was just advised by RB though that the vouchers are random so are not always issued after an entry but of course you still stand a chance to win the faucet lottery.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
binaryclock

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 12:08:31 PM

I'd just like to take some time out and thank everyonefor mining on http://LOT.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM .  We are now mining over 1.5Gh/s and have proven ourselves to be a premium mining website that can scale well in to the future.

Since the beginning our motto has been clear - provide a healthy and friendly medium so serious miners can mine without troubles and/or worry.  Hence, if you put your miners on our stratum nodes, you can be 100% sure that they will still be running with 100% efficiency when you come back, or wake up, or whatever.

Thanks guys and lets head in to the future together.

Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
admin@dedicatedpool.com / IRC on freenode #dedicatedpool

PS - I finally got 4 hours of sleep tonight!!  First time in like almost 4 days!  Gahhh.. and everything is still running perfectly on the server Smiley  I had like 34239843298 alerts to wake me up if something happened though Smiley

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
C3ALL

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:13:37 PM

The coin will run itself..I suggest thatyou and mrlotto take it to PM's. While you have some points, it seems you are the only one talking about them. You might get answers by pming mrlotto himself. People need to make up there own mind if they want to get involved in lot. Or even take the discussion to the littocointalk forums

PM'd both him and Hampuz with my views.   No response.  Also speaks volumes to be honest.

As for the other posters above, if they took time to read, digest and think through the points that I raise, then they may possibly start to understand where Im coming from and how real the concerns are.  But they are obviously caught up in the mass hysteria and pumping.  Oh, Ive stopped ming it by the way.  Something more attractive came along. Will still trade the ups and downs caused by the constant pumps, but Im done creating LOT.  It was fun for a while, but if serious concerns are to be passed off as troll posts, then there really is no hope.  Look at the others that shared my views too.  Seen them around lately?  If you want to consider me a troll here, then fine.  No loss to me, I was only ever trying to point out issues and help.

Here you go.  Nothing but baseless ramping.  Feel free to go find a post in the 160+ pages by those heavliy involved that isnt just pumping.

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:23:14 PM

I'd just like to take some time out and thank everyonefor mining on http://LOT.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM .  We are now mining over 1.5Gh/s and have proven ourselves to be a premium mining website that can scale well in to the future.

Since the beginning our motto has been clear - provide a healthy and friendly medium so serious miners can mine without troubles and/or worry.  Hence, if you put your miners on our stratum nodes, you can be 100% sure that they will still be running with 100% efficiency when you come back, or wake up, or whatever.

Thanks guys and lets head in to the future together.

Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
admin@dedicatedpool.com / IRC on freenode #dedicatedpool

PS - I finally got 4 hours of sleep tonight!!  First time in like almost 4 days!  Gahhh.. and everything is still running perfectly on the server Smiley  I had like 34239843298 alerts to wake me up if something happened though Smiley

Nice to have you guys working alongside us to make Lottocoin a success. With Rapidballs, TK Dice, and other good players getting onboard we're definitely heading to the moon.

MoneyMuscles

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:39:32 PM

I dont understand, what do i enter for this in the conf?

rpcuser
rpcpassword
rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:43:27 PM

rpcuser
rpcpassword

those are the settings for your local client connection,

you can use what ever you want, then those details as log on to your lottocoin-qt client to solo
damnation

Activity: 98

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 12:46:42 PM

Here's a thread i created at the forum so head over there everyone/anyone if you want to suggest improvements or make a difference.
http://lottocointalk.org/index.php?topic=63.0

So I can get called a troll somewhere else too?   I think Ill pass.  I'll leave it to the pro's to take this in the right direction.

I give up.. i was making a sincere effort to open up a proper line of communication about greviance's held. I find the term "troll" offensive in context and did ask that those terms not be used in that thread i created. I thought it would be a better way to keep FUD low while still being able to work towards a goal of bringing lot to its potential..

So i give up. Have a happy new year. Good luck on whatever new coin your doing.. and Good bye

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:49:28 PM

just hit a big block solo, 131k woohoooo Grin my new year is starting off good with some luck
xnerd

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:52:11 PM

UP!!!!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
MoneyMuscles

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:52:20 PM

rpcuser
rpcpassword

those are the settings for your local client connection,

you can use what ever you want, then those details as log on to your lottocoin-qt client to solo

so this doesnt matter for pool mining or if i dont have a wallet on my rigs?
damnation

Activity: 98

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 12:55:41 PM

hmm no you will need to run a wallet if your planning on solo mining.. but for pool mining it wont be necessary.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
MoneyMuscles

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:56:06 PM

thanks bud Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: