Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:47:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox.com has blocked my account with 45 000 USD in it!  (Read 111619 times)
Anonymous

February 26, 2011, 12:28:42 PM

btw it is not me because I believe baron is a scammer and bruce wagner makes a lot of sense.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 12:29:37 PM

"While we're playing judge & jury" ....is sort of a figure of speech in American English.  Sorry, I didn't mean it literally -- like we / you are playing judge & jury.  (Probably not a good choice of expression on my part.)

Anyway...

Too stupid to be a thief?  

There's no such thing.  You only have to have the intelligence of a rodent to steal.   To not get caught --- that might require some brains and/or luck.   Too bad Baron has neither, apparently.  

Why wasn't the trade done on mtgox if the coins were there?

There was no IRC trade.   Baron hacked/guessed the password of the innocent victim(s)' mtgox account(s) and made the maximum daily withdrawal allowed --- the US $1000 equivalent amount of BTC --- every day for three days.

Who knows how many other accounts he got.

Yes, of course the withdrawals could happen without the account owner noticing for a month or more.    Do you log in to mtgox every day to check that your balance is still there?

Anyone who's depositing $45,000 at a time into mtgox, Jed probably knows.  This is still a relatively small community.   It's not the NYSE.... not yet.  
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 12:31:29 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2011, 12:44:15 PM by BCEmporium

noagenda,

Suggesting the creation of an arbitrary part? Why not setup a vote on the community to create the job of BTC-judge, either per case or per x time basis?

@TheKoziTwo,

That's data we didn't have, like when the allegedly victim reported to mtgox.
To be so then yes, there's more solitude on the fraud-report.

This however doesn't void the excess of duties from mtgox's part. It's not his role to look for your password for you. You pick u:john/p:john who's to blame?! Mtgox?! And it can happen on my sites too, I use md5(md5(password)) for storage and login, so I don't have a clue of the password a user choose... it's the user's duty to create a good enough password.
Maybe he could setup his site a bit better, as put a captcha to prevent brute-force attempts, hide session vars for validation or limit the attempts per IP address (I prefer the last 2 for a simple reason; good security is the one you don't notice or interfere but it's still there and captchas are somewhat a pain).

@brucewagner

Indeed stealing just requires opportunity too. I agree with most. But there's a place for everything, the market can't stop or be hang because traders disputes.
It was also a courageous idea of mtgox to run it 24/7. Markets need to close for set any dispute before the next opening - no market would or can afford to have a dispute rolling on for 2 months without resolution - , ideally it should operate like FOREX markets, open in Australia, open in Japan, open in UK, closes in Australia, open in NY, closes in Japan, closes in UK, open in Australia, closes in NY... But it's his call.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 12:42:17 PM

I'll save the taxpayers time and money.  Vote for me.  I'm so efficient I've already decided the case.      Wink
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 01:07:25 PM

Vladimir,

Toslti? Wasn't that one of those involved on that BTC "backup" scam?
Is it Baron the same or you confused nicks?

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:02:16 PM

Vladimir, I was under the impression that you lived under British law, with England not being a country for quite some time, or have things changed in the lanst day or so?  Tongue

I'm not Vladimir, but ... there's no such thing as British Law. There is one set of laws for England and Wales, another completely separate set of laws for Scotland, and another completely separate set of laws for Northern Ireland. The law of England and Wales is often loosely referred to as English law.
Anonymous

February 26, 2011, 02:08:23 PM

Vladimir, I was under the impression that you lived under British law, with England not being a country for quite some time, or have things changed in the lanst day or so?  Tongue

I'm not Vladimir, but ... there's no such thing as British Law. There is one set of laws for England and Wales, another completely separate set of laws for Scotland, and another completely separate set of laws for Northern Ireland. The law of England and Wales is often loosely referred to as English law.

Isnt English law what the queen (the head of state)  says ?

Bruce Wagner

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:15:41 PM

Vladimir,

Toslti? Wasn't that one of those involved on that BTC "backup" scam?
Is it Baron the same or you confused nicks?

My confusion, I apologise. Will edit my post.

And the plot thickens....   Yes, Tolsi was the accomplice Newbie forum user to Hummer.  Hummer was the Newbie forum user promoting the scam "Backup your Bitcoin Waller File to your Gmail & Dropbox" app... which would actually send your wallet file to the Scammer thief and delete yoir copy of it!  

See
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3596.msg50879#msg50879

I was wondering about the similarity in the writing style between "BCEmporium" and "Baron"....

After 22 pages of this, did anyone at all notice that both accounts are not only brand new...  but both appear to have been created exclusively for THIS thread.  

Baron.  Created February 21.    Posts only in this thread.
BCEmporium.  Created February 22.    Posts only in this thread.

Same writing style.   Both defending "Baron" and claiming wrongdoing by mtgox.  

Are we becoming lazy about spotting suspicious Newbie users who suddenly appear and start posting like mad...  all on one thread...  all defending some scammer or other...?

@Vladimir.  

I'd love to know why you slipped up and called Baron, Toslti.  

Does the name Baron remind you of Toslti?    Is Toslti such an extremely common name that you would remember it?    Personally, I had to look it up every single time I write it because it is such an odd unique name to me.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:22:43 PM

... some relations/similarities ...
Both of them, when put on the spot, offered to return the disputed amount if this would get the issue closed. Just sayin'
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:27:38 PM

3k$ to mtgox for the trouble. The rest back to baron. Case closed.

Edit: got wrong name, sorry about that.

That sounds fair.  

If we can prove that there's been a crime.  We repay one of the victims.   We give a 9% commission to the person who caught the criminal.  Then we give all the bulk of the money back to the criminal.     Sounds logical and fair.

Are you saying that you are a "senior member of the community", Vladimir?

When was it that you joined the forums?

And you know Russian?

And you're British, are you?

What city was it that you said you live in?  London?
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 02:34:39 PM

I am glad the traceability of bitcoins make it possible to take thieves like Baron.  Since he will almost certainly not reveal himself, the 45000 LRUSD stays locked.  It would be irresponsible, and probably illegal, to return the money before the case is completely resolved.  The LRUSD are probably stolen as well, but we don't know from where.  Otherwise Baron should report the locking of the account to the police, which is free.  But he would have to file the report in his own name, and may end up in jail for theft.  I guess the 45000 will stay locked until one can find the rightful owner, or the case is to old to be tried.

What happens to the 9000 BTC?  Can those be returned to their owner before the case is completely resolved?

What was the case about bitcointrade.biz, btw?  I read in this thread there was 45000 LRUSD involved, but the thread about the case itself is in Russian.  Anyone care to write a summary?  Are there any possible links which should be investigated?  Hard facts, like account numbers or Bitcoin addresses?

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:37:30 PM

Actually it is incorrect.

Baron:         
    February 17, 2011, 08:24 am
BCEmporium:
    February 22, 2011, 02:10 pm

And not all of BCEmporium posts are in this thread, but most of them.
Still, this is a little suspicious.

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:39:40 PM

Vladimir, Bruce:

The call is for a democratically elected judge, not for a dictator or self-nominated judge.

Shadow,

Don't try to take things from where there're none to be taken. I'm totally unrelated to Baron. (And to mtgox and to those 9k and to the 45k btw)

|

|
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:44:56 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2011, 03:01:10 PM by BCEmporium

Same writing style.   Both defending "Baron" and claiming wrongdoing by mtgox.  

Are we becoming lazy about spotting suspicious Newbie users who suddenly appear and start posting like mad...  all on one thread...  all defending some scammer or other...?

Hadn't notice this.

So, Bruce, go ad-hominem and ad-hoc is your method?!
You're out of my vote list!

For such claims, you would need to dig further, specially know where Baron's from, where am I from... etc.
I also didn't post just here... wasn't even up to post here for the start, but the thread keep growing.

Also fallacy is a method of scam, what makes you a scammer. Ever thought of that? Your fallacy is going ad-hominem due to:

a) You worship Jed and want to defend him
b) You can't find rational reasons to deny my points.
c) You try to go ad-hominem to say "That guy is wrong because resembles the other", attempting by non-rational methods to discredit an opponent, try to make a point out of an unrelated another.

Gotta review your methods... for a fallacious scammer you went as dumb as Baron.  Tongue

|

|
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:04:56 PM

Actually it is incorrect.

Baron:         
    February 17, 2011, 08:24 am
BCEmporium:
    February 22, 2011, 02:10 pm

And not all of BCEmporium posts are in this thread, but most of them.
Still, this is a little suspicious.

Actually I am correct.

I was going by the more telling, Date of First Post.

Baron was February 21.  And the first post was this thread.   100% of his posts have been: this thread

BC Emporium was February 22.   And ALL of his posts (except maybe 2) have been in this thread.   

All three "personas" use the same grammar mistakes.  Without me pointing their incorrect word usage (and giving it away), can't you native English speakers notice that clearly...?    It's an odd and uncommon grammar mistake that all 3 consistently make.

Anyway....   "Baron"....   you can continue getting your jollies debating with yourself here... and coming to the same conclusion and agreeing with yourself in the end.  Smiley

Good luck in getting away with your stollen funds.  Smiley

Try getting a job as a street sweeper.   I hear they're paying $0.50 an hour now.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:05:33 PM

vladimir,

The whole "wrongness" in all of this is for an owner of an exchange to act as CSI/judge/executioner, all-in-one. Making the market a thing it isn't and to make it worse, put a burden over the markets' owner and the trust he might be entitled to.
There would be need to be sort of a permanent "authority" to deal with these sort of cases. Obviously such "authority" wouldn't have powers much further than arbitration, for real criminal procedure it would need to be with earthly courts.

|

|
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:09:07 PM

Actually I am correct.

I was going by the more telling, Date of First Post.

Baron was February 21.  And the first post was this thread.   100% of his posts have been: this thread

BC Emporium was February 22.   And ALL of his posts (except maybe 2) have been in this thread.  

All three "personas" use the same grammar mistakes.  Without me pointing their incorrect word usage (and giving it away), can't you native English speakers notice that clearly...?    It's an odd and uncommon grammar mistake that all 3 consistently make.

Anyway....   "Baron"....   you can continue getting your jollies debating with yourself here... and coming to the same conclusion and agreeing with yourself in the end.  Smiley

Good luck in getting away with your stollen funds.  Smiley

Try getting a job as a street sweeper.   I hear they're paying $0.50 an hour now.

WOW! The "findings" of one as smart as a rodent! You perhaps noticed also, probably don't because your rodent brain can't go that further, that there are post "crossed" by less than an minute between me and Baron, what would make me and him the fastest user-switchers on the planet!
Also you can ask a mod, who has access to IP addresses and probably would find out how dumb and idiot you are... I know! An issue; idiots and dumbs are too idiot and dumb to realize they're either idiot or dumb.

Keep trying... and keep dreaming!

BTW, you pointed "three personas". Mind to enlighten us who is that "third Baron" you saw around?

|

|
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:11:32 PM

No need for finding an authority, just pass the thing to the nearest police station together will all the money and let them deal with it.

OK... just let me sell out all my BTC first then, because as the police starts to chase on it probably the BTC will meet its Armageddon  Grin

|

|
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:18:49 PM

Interesting...

The only person I referred to as "dumb" or "as smart as a rodent"......  was Baron.... or "people who steal".

Yet...   BCEmporium is who I have insulted with these remarks.  

I think you're getting confused with your own schizophrenia games.  Smiley
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:24:09 PM

Interesting...

The only person I referred to as "dumb" or "as smart as a rodent"......  was Baron.

Yet...   BCEmporium is who I have insulted with these remarks.  

I think you're getting confused with your own schizophrenia games.  Smiley

No your idiot! When you came up with your "marvelous findings" you just managed to prove yourself as "smart" as Baron. Taken that was how you refer about him... that's how I'm referring about you now.
You hadn't insult me on such remarks, you insulted everyone's intelligence on this forum, or at least expect their intelligence to be as low as yours with your ad-hominem attacks and fallacies!

And those "english natives" didn't notice any similarity within grammar mistakes between me and Baron, because they simply don't exist. I do some, I'm not english native, but that guy breaks out records.

You would need to go way around to prove yourself on anyway, which I ensure you you can't, because your claims have no reason at all. Or you can just keep playing clown. Up to you.

|

|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: